:::: CHEETAHS :::: Tues., 1/23

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs...

I can't believe this, but I am starting to feel under the weather AGAIN. I woke up with a sore throat and earache in both ears!! What gives, already?!! It seems like from September on (as soon I ret'd to school), I go through this once a month where I feel like crud for a few days but manage to fight it off. It *has* seemed like we've had a never-ending cycle of sick kids this year, but man, this is starting to get ridiculous! Back to the Airborne, zinc & OJ for me...In terms of a workout, will see how I feel this afternoon.

Christine ::: Ohhh!! OK! I guess I missed that part of the conversation about overzealous football cheering. *lol* I can just picture the dogs' reaction.

OK, everyone! Have a great day!

Cathy :)

Hi Cheetahs--

I hope everyone has a great day

Cathy-hope you feel better. There is a lot of viral stuff going around. It's the right thing to do to rest when you need it and to be with people. Thanks for the update on the sting operation. It sounds like you handled it nicely. The calorie upshot was more like your calorie burn for exercise goes down as you get more fit, so pushing it harder above your new and improved baseline makes keeping the rate of burning more than you take in all the harder....

Christine--too sweet of you to offer to contribute to the bike ride. I'll be in touch. I'm not sure how DH is going to go about this...he got a call yesterday from the "team captain" and I haven't had a chance to talk to him about the plan.

Laura--I agree about the difference wearing the right clothes makes for outside runs in the cold. Really surprising...

getting a quick hello in before hopefully hurling myself outside for a run and doing BC abs and heading to work. I got some UB in yesterday, so I'm feeling happy about that.

Hope to be back for some personals later in the day.

-Barb
:)

Good morning, ladies:

Cathy: There is a BUNCH of crap going around our area; the flu (really bad) and upper respiratory, too. Stay healthy and wash your hands a lot. ;-)

Barb: Enjoy your run, hopefully you live where it's warmer so you don't freeze. ;-) It's about 10 degrees here so I'm not going out for a run this morning, maybe I can after work when it 'might' reach 20 degrees.

Today I will be doing some weight work, I think Slow and Heavy's Chest and Back with some abs in there, too. I had a kick butt step class last night. We did 30 minutes of complete step and then 20 minutes of circuit step/weight intervals. I will also walk at lunch. I eat less at lunch and feel so much better. Oh, and I don't have to hear about the office gossip or complaints!!! That's the biggest reason I'm starting to walk.

Have a great day, I'll be back later.
Marcia.

Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy: Feel better hon! I am not surprised that you are feeling icky so often...you work with kids all day long! You are a prime victim for germs girl! LOL I work with really little kids who also spread germs like wildfire but only for a few hours a week so it's not as bad for me....not yet anyway!:p Do you carry around a bottle of that antibacterial hand stuff with you? They have a wall dispenser of that stuff at work in the daycare! You can bet it gets used alot by the employees and the moms. Lots of mom's rub it on thier kids hands too. I've started doing that when I can as well-just a little bit though as Joey is still a finger sucker.

Barb: Hey there! You have posted a couple of days in a row! YEAY!:+ Hope you can keep it up and I hope I didn't just jinx you by commenting on it! OOPS! :eek: LOL

Marcia: Your step class last night sounds great! How many times per week do you teach? Good job on starting to walk at lunchtime!

Christine: Nice rotation you have set up there. So will you be lunching with Susan once a week now? Lucky you!:)

Well, today is a cardio day for me...I will pack my stuff and intend on a 3 miler on the TM after my shift is over at work today. Yesterday I considered coming home and doing MIC instead but I quickly dis-counted that as a BAD idea! LOL :p

I'm feelin' a bit of doms in my back and arms from y'day's work out. }(

I'll be back!

Hi Wendy - I teach every Monday and Thursday evenings. Sometimes I sub on Wednesdays, too. I've been teaching for about 10 years through the town's Community Education department in the school. I have about 8-10 ladies there each week and some are diehards like us and never miss, they are great, an extended family almost.

Off to hop in the shower and get to work, I'll be back.

Marcia.

Good Morning all. today is a 4 mile run for me and then some yoga. I'm making a trip to the natural food store in my area. It's so fun to go there. The girls love scooping out the bulk grain and trail mixes.

Barb- Enjoy your outdoor run this morning. It's around 19 degrees here so I'm taking the treadmill today for me run.

Cathy- I'm sorry to here your under the weather again. Good healthy vibes being sent your way.

Wendy- Did you check into your pt stuff yet. When are you beginning.We decided on the Hello Kitty Cake. She comes with bubbles.

Susan her birthday is tomorrow. When dh gets home we are picking up her cake and headed to Chuck E Cheese. It's a pizza fun game zone type of place. They do have an awesome salad bar.

Off to run before the kids get up. Hi to all other Cheethas.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

good morning,

wow! Its busy on here this morning already. Today is a rest day for me since I teach bootcamp class so early tomorrow, 6 am. I dont know if I will continue to teach it this session since there hasnt been too many reliable people showing up. the director said to see how it goes this week. The one girl who use to be consistant is now pregnant and my SIL has been having back problems and the new girl is signed up for MWF and only showed up my first wednesday so the only one being reliable is the guy and we did spin class last wednesday instead. first time I taught that. I think I would like teaching that maybe once a week or something. well off to get the kids up. my daughter always gives me a hard time.

talk with you all later!

Good morning ladies!

Today's workout will be a nice 3 mile run. Yesterday I was looking at the Derby HM website so I could get more information about registration. If I register by Jan. 31 then I pay $35, after that then it is $50. The price seems kinda steep but then again I've never ran a HM or marathon so it might be normal fees. I guess I should be getting my butt in gear to register for it before the 31st. I think I will be registering my brother as well. It will be his first race and I did talk him into running it with me. It is the least I can do. Besides if I register now then I won't chicken out by the time the race is here.

I'll be back a little later with personals.

Good Morning all!

Oh, I’m a bit sore from yesterday, but I had that wonderfully exhausted feeling falling into bed last night. I felt good! I need my tea to wake up this morning, though. Today is GS Legs floor work and a 3 mile run.

Cathy – so sorry you’re feeling sick!! I hope you’re feeling better soon! It’s been a tough winter everywhere. Everyone I know is battling colds. I’d make chicken soup for you too if we lived closer (I made it for DH who is feeling under the weather).

Barb – Enjoy your run!! BC Abs is killer! Please do let me know about the bike ride. I’m interested in how your DH does with this one.

Marcia – That’s a great idea – walking at lunch. I’ve found that I feel better if I do something over lunch, too – and oh yeah – I eat less, too! Good thing, isn’t it?

Wendy – Susan and I are going to meet for lunch on Ground Hog’s Day. I’d love to get together often, but we’ll take it from there. I know it’s tough for her to get away with her precious girls. Enjoy your 3 miler!

Karen – Enjoy your run and your trip to the health food store! I enjoy trips to those stores, too. Maybe I’m just a kid anyway… :+

Laura – oh I think I would love taking a spin class for you. Our instructors are kind of boring. Hope more people show up – it’s tough to get up at 6AM when you don’t know how many people will show!

Kristi – enjoy your run! Those sounds like typical registration fees for a well run Half. Are you getting excited or nervous?

Adios all! Have a fab Tuesday!

I did hurl myself out for a cold run in the dark and overall I feel better after having done it, though I am looking forward to winter being over. If I don't do these runs at this time they aren't going to happen, so march on is the motto for January-February……BC abs was a great challenge. Nice to do with a run. I did half before the run and half afterwards…

Marcia—It’s 25 degrees here – which is sounds worse than it is for running. It’s not too windy and the bigger concern is the ice or snow on the roads. It was pretty manageable today and Sunday. Sounds like you’ve got a good plan going with walking at lunch killing 2 birds with one stone. I think listening to the gossip and complaints, even if you don’t join in, can still bring you down. I find too that if I don’t eat right (too much or too little) mid-day, I feel off for the rest of the day.

Wendy—Hey I love you Cheetahs and I’m trying to work out my chronic time management issues and be able to post more frequently and still keep up with life around here. I am trying to do better – so no jinxing, I appreciate the encouragement. Good job doing P90x. A “bit” of DOMS sounds very good after those killer workouts.

Karen—have a good run and yoga. That’s sounds fun to go to the store with your girls as your helpers. Treadmill runs are good for working on speed -- and I'm not fast like you are! I am doing half TM and half outdoors for now (when I can do it). My ITB bothers me more on TM runs than outside. I am trying to be good about stretching.

Christine—thanks again for offering to donate to DH’s big bike ride. I will email you his webpage info. You are really good to your DH making him homemade soup. He is lucky! Have a good work out today. How's the DOMS post spinning?

Laura – I would think this would be a hard time of year for people to get up early to come to a bootcamp class. If I lived in your city, I would come just to have you work me harder than I would do on my own, though!

Kristi-Have a nice run today. I am not an experienced racer, but I would think that early reg. fee amount is in a normal range. Think of it as divided over the number of days of training, so it’s less than $1 a day! :+

Back later. Hello to everyone checking in later!
-Barb:) :) :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...there is nothing wrong at all will not working out EVERY day...I saw the OCD thread and I know I have it...:)...especially now trying to loose some weight! I had not done DM but maybe once...but I think I will enjoy the premixes like yesterday. Sorry you are feeling a bit yukky today...I know my DH fought it off and on for about 2 months before going to the Doctor. He ended up with and ear infection and needed antibiotics. But being around sick kids makes it tough also...

Christine...sounds like spin class was fun! True this is more like "not an upper body heavy lifting" week!...:)...but shoulders is my favorite part to work...I have to say that I can also be quite loud during Football. Glad my neighbors are not close!! I was quite tired when i went to bed to...

Barb...you go have to teach your Garmin not to laugh! I know when my sister and I were marathon training we both complained that it took 2 to 3 miles to warm up during the high mileage weeks...but you are not OLD! I am determined to get faster so adding a speedwork run once a week is what I am planning. Have fun with the run and BC abs!

Marcia...have fun with S&H chest & back!

Wendy...glad Joey recovered so quick from the bloodwork! The Yoga was nice yesterday. I bet you will enjoy your recovery week. Enjoy your TM workout...MIC is hard and I have not done that one in quite awhile. I can see why you dis-counted it..:)

Karen...enjoy your run today...Barb and I answered your nutritional question here yesterday on the Cheetah thread, instead of on the Open forum, hope you saw it...:)

Kristi...it seems the farther the distance the more expensive the registration is! $35 is good for a half marathon to me..

Laura...way to go with the push-ups on the ball! Yes, I am a bit crazy about exercise right now...mondays I always have more time as I don't work. So my workouts will be shorter during the rest of the week...

Today I am doing PLB standing and 40 min iClimb on my Elliptical.

Have a good day...:)

hello ladies,

guess where i am checking in from?? home!!! yesterday i gave my 2 weeks notice and because they are always afraid when people leave they are going to a competitor (right around the corner) the co. policy is to pay you for your 2 weeks but let you leave the day you turn in your resignation. so yesterday was my last day. woohooo!!

christine- let's dance the happy dance together:) what a goodie you have planned for today.

kristi- $35 sounds like a lot but then again what do i know, i've only run one 5k lol. have fun!

carole- you have OCD? nah... i think we are all like that when trying to loose weight. at least i know i am...;p)

marcia- sounds like a fun bunch you teach.

wendy- enjoy your workout today! can't wait to hear what you think when you receive your pt materials}(

cathy- i hope you feel better quickly.

barb- you did it!! i am not too fond of running (or doing anything) in the cold weather.

laura- great job!!

karen- enjoy your run today. is it cold where you live?

today's workout will be 9p0x s & a and a 3 mile run on the TM.
i am so excited now i have time for longer workouts!!!!!

Carol and Barb- I did see your advice and trust me it will be put to some good use. I'm really trying to focus on my nutrition more so than ever. Do either of you supplement with protein bars?

Christine- I'll let you know what goodies I pick up.

Sunny- It is absloutely freaking freezing here today. I live in Maryland and we have had such a mild winter and now the bottom fell out. Even this morning it was snowing. Not to much to lay but just enough to look pretty.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

I’m back for some personals. Thanks to all for the heads up on the HM registration fees. I appreciate the feedback.

Cathy – I hope you start feeling better soon. Try to get some rest and take it easy, if you can. The flu has been really bad here in Kentucky. The state has been one of the hardest hit so far this year. BTW, your check was put in the mail yesterday afternoon.

Wendy – Enjoy your 3 miler. You are progressing nicely on the pull-ups and yes every ¼ inch counts. Those are so tough. I have to use my high step to assist me with my pull-up. I’m a big weenie! I bet you will be able to do one by the end of the 90 days. You are a very determined woman. Oh to answer your question, DH does help around the house when I ask him, which is not often. It is my fault though that he doesn’t do more. I say that because in the time it would take me to ask him to do the things I need done I could have finished the project. Also, I try not to ask him to do much because he works long hours and even when he gets home he brings out the laptop and has more work to do. DH is the Director of IT for 2 companies, well now 3, which are owned by the same guy. He is constantly being pulled into different directions by each company and his to-do list is never ending. However, DH does help me put the kids to bed every night though. It is hard to believe that we will be married 10 years in June. The time has flown by.

Laura35 – How do you layer your clothes for running in those cold temperatures? I really should run at least 1 run outside each week, but I would definitely need to layer correctly to do so. 15 push ups on the swiss ball? You are my hero. I bow to you.

Karen – Happy birthday to DD! Have fun at Chuck E Cheese.

Christine – I’m both excited and nervous about the HM. Excited because I know I can run it. However I’m nervous because I am a slow runner and I seem to be prone to injury for whatever reason. I truly hope I don’t have to bail at the last minute because of injury. Enjoy GS Legs & your 3 miler.

Barb – The $1 a day is a great way to look at the registration fee. Thanks! Great job on running in the cold and dark. That must be tough. I can barely get myself out of bed at 6 a.m. to get ready for work let alone getting up earlier to run. Spring will be here before you know it. (At least that is what I keep telling myself.)

SunnyD – Enjoy your 2 weeks at home with pay. That is awesome! Enjoy your 3 miler and S&A.

Hello to all Cheetahs that follow! I’ll try to check back later.

Have a great day!

Good morning cheetah chicks!

I also still have a sort of lingering cold. I feel okay, but just have lots of gunk in my throat. I have a pt appointment today and I am hoping they don't figure out I have been a naughty girl with my workouts}( My back was a liitle sore last night, but today I am feeling pretty good. My little Mariah muffuin(4 year old) is home today because she has a cold too. She if fun to hang out with though. We will probably bake something yummy and I will try not to overindulge}( I know I have gained a few lbs, but can't really figure out why. My diet actually has been pretty good, hmm.

I am going to do just PUB today and maybe a little bit of yoga. I am really going to focus on clean eating this week and see if I can get rid of these last couple lbs. It's funny I did not gain any weight over the holidays, but now I have for some reason. Oh well, I need to get over it and stop obsessing.

I know for a fact that I have OCD when it comes to working out. I sometimes think that my life would be sort of empty without it. I wonder what I would do with all of that time? Oh well, eonough reflection, I am off to do some personals.

Cathy, I hope you feel better. I will send you a check today for the t-shirt today. Maybe you should come home and take a nap and blow off the workout:)

Barb, good job with the run and those abs. I will have to check BC abs out. I have not done it in a long time.

Marcia, that sounds like a great step class. I love interval step.

WEndy, enjoy your treadmill run. I have a huge bottle of that sanitizer in my car. My hands are so chapped and dry because of it, but it is worth it.

Karenvictoria, enjoy your run and yoga. Let me guess, Mr. Yummy
pants?

Laura, how did you like teaching spinning? That is a great workout!

Kristi, how fun to do a race with your brother. I say register right now}(

Christine, I love falling into bed exhausted from working out. I used to always do my weight workouts in the evening before bed and it was such a great feeling. SOunds like you have a great workout planned. I like doing a short run and then legs. I am counting the days until our Indian feast. I wonder if there are any good Indian Buffets...mmmm. I better work on losing those few lbs before hand:)

Carole, my elliptical is on it's way. I will probably get it on friday. I will have to pick your brain about the iclimb or itrain workouts. They sound like they really get your heartrate up. Have a great workout!

Sunnydelite, that is great that you are already a free women from work, YAY!!! Have a great run!

Well hello to all the other cheetahs that stop by. I am off to play store with Mariah now. HAve a great day!

Susan

Carole—thanks for saying I’m not old, but I definitely feel old. If I don’t stretch a lot, I’m stiff. …..but I appreciate the reality check as it relates to running. If I want to work on speed, I need to work harder at through the tempo and speed runs.

Hope you had fun with PLB standing and the iClimb. Have you tried any of the iTreads on the elliptical? There is a new one, maybe it’s itread 13 that is a simple track workout that is really short, sweet and fun. iTread 12 is fun, too, except there is a song on it with a baby shouting “go” that is kind of cute or kind of annoying depending on my mood.

Sunny—thanks for the cheers for my cold weather run. Congrats to you for checking in from home today. That must be a great feeling. Have fun with your P90x UB workout today.

Karen—I don’t eat any extra protein bars or supplements, but make sure I get enough protein overall for the day. Do you think that will help you, though, i.e. to try it?. I remember from your posting way back, that when you went on big family long run/outings, you had your nutrition set in a way that was working.

--Barb
:) :)

Kristi – I wrote down the date of your half marathon.. You will do great. It’s funny what you said about your DH, I have a friend whose husband is visually impaired (legally blind) and she was always hesitant to ask him to do more, and she realized when she just started asking for more help, he did a lot more than she thought he could. (He’s a professor, can’t drive a car, long list…) Guys can always do more…(So while your DH is already putting them to bed –which is great—it’s probably no big deal for him to wash a load of towels or fold them or whatever…and it’s off your list, so you can do a longer run with more peace of mind…)

It really made me think that all of us ladies probably take on more than necessary, as Wendy was saying…..How old are your kids? Mine are 13 & 10, the to-do lists don’t get any shorter as the kids get older, the items just change.

Susan—How is Mariah Muffin feeling—I just love that name. That is so cute. Did you make muffins today. Thanks for the support on the run and abs. I did the BC abs because Wendy and Carole did them yesterday. I forgot about them, too.
More oblique and core emphasis, which was good for running. Hope you feel better with your cold and that your pt appointment went ok!

Hi to everyone else checking in later this aftenroon!
-Barb
:) :) :)

Hey Kristi!! I'm not for sure, but I think my half marathons have both been about $30 or so. But the Indy HM that I'm signed up for in May was $45 & it sold out FAST! (I signed up in Sept!!) So I think you're in the right price range! Usually you'll get a nice goodie bag, t-shirt, and some freebies. I'm sure you'll do great & I hope you can stay injury-free!! What sort of program are you following?? I did Hal Higdons' beginner for my first half which was a decent running program. I'm only planning to run 3x per week training for my May HM. NO more injuries for this Cheetah!! ;-)

G'afternoon Cheetahs!! I headed to the Y this morning & did a 3.5 mile TM run, then .25 mile walk cooldown. Then I did a 25 min swim. I felt a bit of knee pressure (not pain, but could feel something) about mile 2 but I pressed on. It seemed to feel ok again after a bit. I need to build up a little mileage so I'll be ready to start training for my HM in May. I'm planning to run 3x week, bike 1x, and swim 2x (cause I'll also be training for the tri in June). Plus strength training ala Cathe!! ;-)

Well, I feel the need to do some leg & butt work (always the problem areas!!), so I'm going to do a premix on L & G. I haven't done it in a while & want to try out my high step w/ it!!

Then I need to finish taping Hannah's room so I can paint the trim. It won't take long to paint it, it's the darn taping around it that takes a while!! I can't wait for it to be done so things will look back to normal around here! And I think she's sick of sleeping in her sisters' room! ;-)

I'll try to post more in a bit! It's ice skating lessons tonight & the girls look forward to it! My best friend signed up her ds, so we can sit & chat while they skate.

Jess--Good luck with your training. Sounds like you are more than on track. Swimming with a kickboard is good leg & butt work, too and good for the core...glad your knee feels ok!
-Barb:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.