:::: CHEETAHS :::: Tues., 1/23

Hey Barb!! Thanks for the tip. I was just thinking about swimming w/ a kickboard when I was at the Y earlier! I remember I used to love it when I was a kid! ;-) Yes, I think my knee is doing a lot better. I don't like that I still feel twinges of something, but as long as it isn't *pain* I'll keep on plugging along. It's been a looooong injury!!

Good to see you posting!! Good for you for keeping up the outdoor runs. I miss my winter runs, I enjoyed it last year. Have a good afternoon!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I got my 3 miles in after work today. It's nice because then I don't have to worry about exercising when I get home. I don't have time for a 5 mile run after work but a short one fits in well. :)

My lats are DEFINATELY fired up and talkin' to me after chest and back yesterday!}(

I am hoping to fit in a stretch tonight. I need it. DH is going to a meeting after dinner so as soon as DS goes down for the night I will pull one of my stretch vids out and start relaxing. :)

Marcia, Sounds like you have a nice group of ladies attending your classes. It's great that many are there every week so you have gotten to know them.

Karen, Yes, I actually ordered the PT study/exam materials online on Sunday. I should get them this week!!!! YIKES! :eek: My nieces all liked Hello Kitty at one time or another. She's been around forever...I remember Hello Kitty from when I was a kid! There is a Chuck E Cheese about 10 mins from my home. When DS gets a bit older I will bring him there. My mom goes with my sister's kids and loves it! LOL She plays the games with them!:7

Laura, Sorry your class attendance is dwindling. I think that's pretty common in the first few months of the year. The first couple weeks of January is packed with all of the "resolution makers" but it quickly dissapates since most don't see it through. I hope the class does not fold completely on you.

Kristi, Your DH and my DH sound very much alike in that they are willing to help but don't know how to do it w/o being told exactly what to do! LOL My DH is the same way. He had a few jobs while I was working F/T that he was pretty good at doing with out me telling him to but anything else...forget it! :p

Christine, Your run should feel great after GS Legs! Doing any kind of cardio after leg work is nice. It loosens the legs up a bit I think.

Barb, In my book 25 degrees is cold no matter what! LOL Good job getting your bootie out the door in the cold and dark this morning! I've done it to head to the gym on a saturday morning but not to run outside! EEGADS NO! :p

Carole, I am probably a bit OCD about working out myself although I refuse to believe it!:p I just know how quickly I can put on weight because, let's face it, my diet is NOT perfect, I LOVE to eat and I LOVE unclean food so I am pretty much bound for a life of exercising if I want to stay slim. I've grown to love it though so I don't mind. :)

Sunny, So what's the deal with paying you but pushing you out the door? How does that help?? Good for you though! That's an awesome policy in my opinnion unless you are the type who can't handle not going to work every day or something. So have you heard anything about the other trainer position you applied for yet? I will definately be coming in here with my reaction to the p/t materials when I get them...wether it be good, bad or just plain old UGLY! LOL }(

Susan, Hope your pt apptmnt goes well and that they don't figure out your little secret! LOL Hope Mariah feels better fast!

Hi Jess.

We were posting at the same time. Nice work out schedule you have planned for yourself girl! When do you intend to find the TIME to strength train with all that other stuff in your schedule! ;) Ice skating lessons sound cool. I took baton as a kid. I think my mom actually liked going there and watching us. She also became very friendly with one of the other mothers so they would sit and chat. The thing my mom wasn't so fond of about my baton gig was that we would perform in parades in all kinds of weather so not only did I suffer the weather conditions, but she had to as well! It was the cold that was the worst! Brrrrr!

Good Afternoon Ladies:) I'm hopping on line quick before the Girls get home from school. They start exams tomorrow so it'll be a quiet night around here tonight. I had the pleasure of doing Cardio Fusion this morning, yeeahhh BABY!! That's my kind of cardio!!! It wouldn't have been so fun if I wasn't already familiar with the new choreography, it kind of caught me off guard just launching into BMax2 finished combinations. I caught on and know that I'll get lots of use out this workout!! My lovely Marley will turn 16 on Feb. 7, she works hard in and out of school, is on honour role, participates at school, gives me no grief and has really terrific friends. Years ago we negotiated that she could get a piercing at 16, she got her upper earlobe pierced when she was 12 but 2 years later she had to take it out for cheerleading and let it grow over. Anyway, 16 came too quick and she asked me a few weeks ago if she could get her lip pierced. I told her I'd think about it and would get back to her. I thought it through and through and the only reason I could think of to say 'no' was to control her behaviour and her behaviour is stellar. When I went to college from 2001-03 many of my class mates had facial piercings and I got used to it and wondered if I might have considered it 20 years ago. Well Marley got her lip pierced right in the middle last night and it looks really good on her, not 'hardcore' or 'scarey':). She paid for the lip, I paid to have her ear re-pierced, she's thrilled to bits, I'm still processing all of it. She does look very cute though. The Girls are home now and I need to boss them around (recycling, dishes...) before they hit the books. Have a great night Cheetahs.

Take Care
Laurie

Hey Wendy!! Well, I think it will work out ok if I use the TM at the gym & then swim after. That will only be 2x a week at the gym & if I bike I'll hopefully be biking outdoors w/ my buddies once the weather warms up & do 1 outdoor run. That's the plan for now at least!! :p Yes, I think I am a bit OCD w/ workouts, but I'm a bit OCD in everything I do. I can't do anything half way, it's just not my personality. :)

I twirled baton for a bit when I was younger too! Then I twirled rifles in HS for the color guard. That was fun! My girls love ice skating & Greg is happy because he hopes they'll be hockey players (not figure skaters! :p ). Poor guy, he's so outnumbered!

I'm excited to hear how you like the PT info. I'm really interested in that too, but want to wait a bit til I take the plunge. Keep us posted!!

OK, I did L & G the standing portion only & then w/ all of this talk of BC abs, I did them too! ;-) I hadn't done them before, I've only done 1 premix on BC since I just got a couple weeks ago.

Must go tape Hannah's room now! Have a nice evening!

Hey Laurie! I liked CF too, I love a good cardio! Yes, I'm glad I know BM2 pretty well now to jump into the combos!

Sounds like your dd's are doing well. Any pics to share of the new piercings?? My dh would FREAK if my dd's ever thought about something like that. I'm so not looking forward to the teenage years!! :eek: Have a good night w/ your girls!

Barb, you make a very good point. I know I take on more than I need to and I need to change that. Last week I was talking to DH about how I wish I had more time to clean the house and how DS is getting old enough to start doing some chores. At that point I casually suggested we make a list of chores that each of us must do. He was supportative of it and even said he wanted the list ahead of time so he could do his part throughout the week instead of all on one day. I guess I should take the first step and start working on that list.

BTW, DS is 4 1/2 and DD is 16 months.

Jess, do you live near Indy? My oldest brother lives in Franklin and my little brother lives in Indy. Good luck with your Indy HM. Are you going to follow Hal's program again for this HM?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm loosely following Hal Higdon's novice program. These next couple of weeks I will be varying my schedule by running 3-4 days a week for the next couple weeks. Lately I've been omiting the 2 mile short run in there because I do better on 3 days of running and 2 days of strength with 2 rest days. Of course as the HM gets closer I will probably be adding the short run back in and eliminating one of the strength days. All in all the long runs and medium runs will be the same. I'll be listening to my body closely and making adjustments accordingly. I don't want to injure myself either.

Good afternoon cheetahs. A bit late checking in today. Had a rough night at work last night.... it wore me out and that isn't easy to do! Still mending just find and sticking to my resolve of no running for a couple more weeks:) Fortunately there's plenty of other fun alternate forms of cardio workouts for this OCD cheetah;-)

Cathy- eek! Hope this bug get's turned away quick! I'm surprised that teachers aren't sick all the time. You really work at germ central with all the kids. Even more hazardous then my job really!

Barb- Hey, great to see you posting again!! Got to hand it to you getting out in that Cold Michigan weather :eek: It really isn't fair that the more fit you are the less calories burned isn't it?x( That's why I try to mix it up with variety as much as possible to offset this. Keep the old bod off guard!!

Marcia- Hey, great strategy for lunchtime at work! You've got the right idea... keep up the good work. Healthy for your mind as well as your body. :)

Wendy- I wasn't able to post yesterday but I want to belatedly congratulate you on your decision to certify as a PT. Good for you!!
Hey, I'll be in NJ in June (around the 20-25) and I'll be looking for a race to do... know of any? I'll be in the Jersey shore area and can go as far north as Pt. Pleasant, maybe farther.

Karen- I'd like to offer a late congratulations on your 5k!!! Fantastic job and a great time considering the conditions! ^5s to you cheetahgal :7 :7 Have fun granola shopping with your girls today.

Laura- You've been doing the bootcamp class for a while... maybe this is a good time to be switching to something else like spinning.
You probably make a wicked}( spin class teacher.

Kristi- I've spent as much as $55.00 myself on HMs. One I've got planned for in May is 35-$45 depending on when you sign up. That's great your brother is doing it with you!! Will you run together or just do your own thing?

Christine- Color me jealous for your GTGs with other cheetahs!!!!
I hope you can post a pic with you and Susan! You've been getting in quite the workouts lately... I'm sure it's showing :)

Carole- So are you for the Colts or Bears in the Superbowl? Now that my injuries are healing I'm determined to get my speed back as well. This time I will listen to my body carefully!!! Lesson was learned the hard way.... sigh.

SunnyD- Wow, a lady of leisure now.... sorta! I know you're eagerly tackling all sorts of workouts now}( Have you got a new part time job now or will you be doing strictly individual client personal trainer sessions?

Susan- Personally I think being OCD can be a good thing. Especially with exercise and diet as long as it's not overdone.... like anything else in life. Sounds like you have a great day planned with your little muffin... even though your both sick! Sendin you healing vibes!

Jess- L&G is a fun one!!! Love the variety in this workout. You've been really going strong with your tri training :eek: It seems like alot of cheetahs have HMs planned in May. Will you be following a specific training plan for it... ala Hal Higdon e.g.?

Laurie- Cardiofusion is great isn't it? Have you tried the Mix & Match premix yet? It's a true killer!!! Your Marley (pretty name)sounds like a beautiful 16 yr old... takes after her mom obviously!

Okay, after I woke from my nap today I did HSC... lots of fun. I've just gotten some new workouts delivered... yippeee! I'm heading to the basement now to try out Amy Bento's hi lo extreme.

Later,

ShellyC

Hi Cheetahs-
I lurked for a bit this morning, but had limited time. Now I'm back with coffee for a minute or three.

Hey Jes- your work out plan has decent variety. Good luck with it, and hoepfully the knee/I T Band will cooperate.

Hi Laurie- You must be a good parent. It certainly seems so :L)

Wendy- it is so nice that you got your run in before getting home and busy with Joey. Oh and TG Joey has the blood work behind him now poor little guy!

Sunny- What a treat to be able to give notice, and leave the same day, and get paid.

Susan- Are you and Mariah feeling better yet? I hope so :)

Carole- I still haven't done legs before a run. At some point I should try it. 'The run' usually is my first order of business. So you do the warm up on the GS legs work out then the W O and then a run?

Christine- Wow yo DH really made a committment! HI five!

Barb- I'll think of you on my outdoor runs. It has been cold but not windy just like in your area. And the biggest concern is slipping, but it is still more fun than the TM. (Probably because I push my speed on the TM )

This morning's WO was a cardio coach with the elliptical, GS Chest& Triceps supersets premix, and B&G abs and stretch.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

ShellyC - You must be chomping at the bit to get back to running. That must be so hard staying away, but like you said at least you have some other good options in the meantime. Enjoy hi lo extreme.

I'm really excited about running the HM with my DB. We will be starting the race together, but I'm sure he will be finished way before me. He is a true cheetah! :) :) I, on the other hand, just want to enjoy the experience and run at a comfortable pace. I'm not a very fast runner at all especially since I am recovering from a calf injury. My goal is to begin and end the HM feeling strong and running the entire time. Small but doable goals. DB will probably have to grab a couple bananas and wait for me at the finish line.

kristi- I only wear breathable, sweat repellent clothes for my runs. I usually will wear a tank top first then a long sleeve shirt or short sleeve over the tank depending on how cold it is and then my armour jacket that has body control temp. Or if its warmer one of my coolmax jackets. As far as pants go, I will wear either warm coolmax pants or for layering a pair of tights under a pair of wind resistant pants. I also have a gator neck warmer. My friend taught me to always protect the center part of your body especially. Like the chest,throat etc... I can now run without freezing,if anything I have to unzip after the first mile.

wendy- My morning bootcamp is the class that hasnt had consistant p;eople but my evening class is booming. I will always teach the bootcamp, I love that class but adding a weekly spin class to teach would be fun also. But if I am only going to have 1 person show up at 6am then I would rather call the class off. The morning classes have never been big usually 3 people. Its amazing to see how few people will get up in the morning to exercise. Like I said before so few people are really dedicated to fitness. Unlike my cheetah friends here on the forum. I n the summer the evening class slows down because so many people are doing things outside but for now the evening class , I have had almost 20 at a time but from week to week its different. I just always prepare for the larger class. An average is around 14 people.

talk with ya later!

Shelley,

The site I check for upcoming races all of the time isn't updated through June yet so I can't really give you any ideas. I didn't run my first race until after that so I wouldn't know of any off hand either. Sorry. What distance are you looking for? I can keep checking for you. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.