::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 10/11

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs...Banked lots of zzz's last night but still kinda groggy, so the thought of doing a before-school workout just got the kibosh. My plan for today: If it's raining this afternoon, I'll do KPC instead of a run, and I'd like to get in some weights as well but will play it by ear. We have a class trip today, so it depends on how fried I might be. :)

Rock on, cheetahs! I hope to check in again later to report & catch up.

-cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,

Cathy-have fun with kpc-my fave kb workout:)

for today's workout i am off to the gym in a few minutes for a treadmill run!

will check back in later to catch up and for personals.

happy workouts:D

hello,

managed to squeeze in the elliptical lastnight for only 30minutes but I did jump rope also and did skater lunges,high knees and frog jumps as well as my shoulder weight work. Ouch, my legs are sore this morning. I have been trying to do some ab work everyday here lately too. I usually hate working my abs . well tonight another soccer game and its colllld here this morning. I think today will be a rest day, depends on how late we get home and how I am feeling. Off to get the children up for school and to work. talk with everyone later.

Mornin' girls!

Thanks to everyone who answered my question regarding half training. It's still a very scarey thought to me but if y'all did it successfully then obviously it works!:)

Cathy: Lots of Kirsh's work out was done w/stability ball and med ball and thier were lots of body weight movements which was different and probably a good thing...I'm just not used to it. I'm sure I could learn to appreciate it and get over that part. The thing that REALLY annoyed me about Kirsh's program though (and also annoyed me about the Slim Series) is that many of the movements were done off-beat and when he worked with weights his single reps were more like double-time-ACK! I guess I'm spoiled by Cathe...she keeps the beat very well and her reps are NEVER too fast! I am still undecided on wether I will return the work out. I DO have DOMS in my tris this morning from it! It IS a tough work out that is probably well worth doing but I have to see if I can put up with the things that bug me. I ended up not being able to deal with SS and now it's gonna collect dust until I decide to sell it. Do you want it? ;) :p

Sunny: So what distance did you go today? I'm tellin' you, cancel that 5k and jump on the 5 miler!}(

Laura: Sounds like a good work out yesterday! I used to do ab work every day but that didn't last long. LOL Now I do abs 2-3x per week.

Today is scheduled as a rest day but I am going away from saturday to sunday so I have a feeling I may end up with an unscheduled rest day in there so I'm considering a work out after work....I'll see how I feel. }(

Gotta get movin'...have to work this morning!

Later chicas!:*

Laura- good work on the elliptical.

wendy-lol, got to the gym and my body felt the need to jump}( . so i did 35 mins on the elliptical and then took the ME (metabolic effect) class. the instructor today is the group director and she also competes in figure competitions. can i just say, KILLER}( }( :D .

alrighty, i am finally off to work!

Hello to the early birds and all who follow:)

Sunny- you sure have accomplished a great deal already today!

Wendy- I missed reading yesterdsy'sthread. Are you considering training for a half??? SUPER!

Cathy- I hope you have enough energy after the field trip for a good workout

Laura- nice work on those legs/cardio yesterday!

Yesterday morning I did a 5.2 mile run and my goal was to speed up on the down hils and maintain pace on the up hills. This really required focus. Later I did MM lower body plus a few quad exercises and outer thigh exercises.

Today is upper body and cardio choice. Step sounds fun today, so I'll go look through my Cathe DVD's and choose something.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy....I know you were NOT implying anything about my weight...:) I am not quite as cut now as I was in my avatar. Some crud in the last 2 years that I won't go into (boring) but when I started thinking about when my bunion pain started, I realized it was after I had gained some weight and this was way before your bunion comment yesterday...:)...I know that last time I had gained some weight I had achilles tendonitis for a year...so it makes sense to me that some weight gain can have a direct bearing on your poor feet!!!

Sunny...sounds like a good workout at the gym!!

Laura...good workout last night...I'd send you some of our warm weather if I could..

Judy...good job on the hills. Sometimes it can be tough to maintain your pace depending on the steepness of the hill..

Wendy...training for the half now!!!! COOL!....Like others have said to run a half you don't have to run that distance in training. 10 or 11 is fine. When I trained for halfs (before you were born!!..:)) I just made sure I ran twice the race distance every week, which would be 26. 2 weekly miles...:)...enjoy your rest day today..

Christine...don't you just love S&H Bi's and tri's and the DOMS I feel today!! I bet Tucker loved the run in the woods.

Linda...thanks, the new shoes a feeling very nice on my feet!

Susan..when I suffered with sciatica I could NOT run for 2 weeks. It took a good 8-10 weeks to go away and I was getting PT and Chiro care for it. I bet your girls will look darling, I hope you can get a pic of them...:)

Shelly...you make me want Fall! We still have some summerlike temps during the day... 80's and I am ready for cooler...:)..The Saucony's are stability running shoes. Saucony Grid Stabil MC V lady in a wide width as my bunions have been giving me trouble. They feel good and now my bunions feel better. Sorry about the groin pain...:(...time heals...:)

Jess..sorry about the emotional rollercoaster...I have been through the death of a loved one, but with the added emotion of your brother going to Iraq, I can only imagine that would be very hard. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your entire family.

Colleen...I am not sure if those knee thingys work with ITB. You really need to cut back on the running for that to heal. Stretching and icing that knee will also help.

Laurie...the wind was not as bad today!!! I would say if your daughters are anything like you...they also have some dazzling smiles...:)

I am doing about a hour on my Elliptical after PLB standing...

Have a great day...

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well, in all of the commotion around here lately I totally forgot that I had ordered a step w/ the advanced step DVD package!! I was so happy to see my UPS man y'day!!! ;-)

So I tried out Step Blast this morning. I figured I'd better not start out w/ IMAX 2 or 3!! I haven't done step since college, so it will take a little getting used to again!! I enjoyed Step Blast, it was fun once I got the hang of it! So what should I try next?? It came w/ IMAX 2 & Cardio & weights, IMAX 3, Step Blast, and Step, Jump, & Pump. Suggestions??

I'm still coughing quite a bit, but feeling better than y'day. I did MM in the afternoon, it felt good since I hadn't done any weights since last Thurs.

Well, Allison & I are off to the grocery store. I'm out of most everything after being gone so it's time to restock! Very chilly morning, I pulled out the winter coats & gloves for the girls! High of only 45 today!!

Thanks for your kind words. I will still be popping in & out but might not be as active for a bit. I just need some time to process everything!

Hey there Cheetah Babes!!

Oh my, DH and I made an unplanned trip out for Indian food, and as usual I ate too much. I’m feeling like an over-stuffed samosa (potatoes, peas, and spices wrapped in dough and deep fried – incase you didn’t know). Unfortunately, it’s also a scheduled rest day. We’ll see how that goes, but aside from the food, I think I really need this day off.

Oh, I can’t post the actual photo because of the copy right restrictions, but I can post the link to DH’s and my finish photo. I hesitated posting it as I don’t look like a beauty queen, but while we were standing in line for the photo I made the comment that I look like crap. The women in front of me turned and said, “But, you not SUPPOSED to look good. You’re SUPPOSED to look like you ran 13.1 miles.” Point taken, and I think it’s a fun photo anyway. (of course that woman looked like she had taken a stroll in the park, not ran a half, but…). So here’s the link (and yes, I'm 2 inches taller than DH - and I wear 3" heels anyway): http://www.asiorders.com/stf.asp?EVENTID=10057&PWD=&ID=27644462

Cathy – Where’s your class going? I always liked those trips as a kid! Good luck with your workout!

Sunny – That ME class sounds killer – what kind of moves does she do? And I’m with Wendy – go for the 5 miler. *grins evilly*

Laura – OUCH! No wonder your legs are sore!! How’s the ab work every day going?

Wendy – I’m like you – I have problems with moves that are totally off beat (not the ones that Cathe does that are purposely off beat). I’m a former music major and I hear the beat very well.

Judy – wow – love that run! Sounds tough! Enjoy your step today.

Carole – Oh yeah! I love S&H Bi’s and Tri’s – I feel so pumped afterwards. DH was even commenting on how toned I look last night. Tucker had a blast – he really liked that run – not too far, but far enough. Enjoy your elliptical!

Jess – Oh cool! You have a STEP!!! How wonderful! If you handled Step Blast okay, I’d say go for Imax 2- simply for the fun factor. If you want a LONG cardio workout, the Step Blast/SJP cardio only premix is fun – it’s 90 minutes of pure cardio – step and hi/lo. Hope you’re feeling better soon! We’re here whenever you get a moment – we’re not going anywhere!

Linda and Barb - I come from a long line of piddlers. My dad used to spend half of his time yelling at my mom to stop piddling only to hold us all up at the last minute from piddling himself. Getting my family out the door was like herding cats, I swear!! So, it's ingrained in me - and yes, Barb, I will get up earlier to piddle. :+

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

just a quick check-in before I take the kids to school. I am going to do Cardio and weights dvd and the 3 combos from KPC. I want a long workout,but not a too intense one. My sciatica is still being a pain. It has gone down to my ankle and foot now,UGH!!!

Jess, I am so happy you got a step. I love Imax 2 and cardio and weights. I say go for IMAX2!

Carole, Wow!, you must have really had the sciatica bad. I don't feel pain when I workout, it usually flairs up when I sit down for a long period. I will definitley have pics of the girls.

I will be back with more personals later.

Susan

Christine: I got my photos today too, and um... let's just say I normally order a CD of all photos, but I shall not be doing that this time around LOL. The only decent one of me in the whole batch is the one at the posing station, with me holding up my medal. I'm still thinking about whether I want to buy it. I would like a nice souvenir from the event, so I probably will.

Note to self: try not to look like an idiot in front of the photogs at Nike.

Jennifer

Hi Everyone,
Quick check in -

Christine--what a fabulous picture! I love it. I think you look great. I love your top! I love Indian food. It's hard to eat only a little. Funny expression re: herding cats. That is what my DH & I call getting together with his family (total 21) for a holiday. "It's time to go" means, "let's stretch well, now.."

Susan--feel better --

Carole--PLB standing is hard -- I'm glad the new shoes are working well so far. I'm probably going to spring for the Garmin. Thanks for the advice.

Jess- sending good thoughts your way.

Laura- it's hard to fit it all in with kids, work, etc. You're doing good. I liked your workout.

Linda, Sunny, Shelly, Jennifer, Cathy & Judy & Cheetahs coming by later.

I'm off to work now. I managed to get in a 5.5 mile run, and a little ankle weight work from L& G and KPC abs -- after too much piddling around in the early a.m.

have a great day!
-Barb
:) :) :)

Jennifer - I just ordered 2 5X7's of the photo I posted, and I ordered a framed finisher's certificate of a different photo of DH (He's crossed the finished line and making an "All RIGHT!" move. It's cute) for his birthday on the 23rd. He's so darned proud of finishing, that I had to. Looks as if they deliver really quickly. I'm going to get a shadow box and put one of the photos with the 2 medals in the box - what else do you do with the darned medals?

By the way - I just sent you a PM because your email kept bouncing...

Barb - THANKS! How sweet! As for Indian food - we're coming up on the season of Diwali - which is as important to the Hindu's as Christmas is to the Christians (Or Passover- you get the idea). So we're invited to many Diwali parties and will eat a lot of Indian food. I guess any thoughts of toning down my workouts would be really stupid! Our first party is October 28th.

Christine--thanks for explaining about Diwali -- interesting - I never knew that. on the up side, it sounds like you will get to eat a lot of yummy stuff. Have a great day!

-Barb:)

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_photo.asp?EVENTID=12719&ID=27507659&FROM=photos&BIB=1004

Hi All:) I have to thank Christine because it never occurred to me to share my picture this way. Thanks!!! No workout for me today, my appointments were too early and I don't have time before I go backx( Late appointments tomorrow so I'll get SOMETHING in!!

Cathy, hope those darned kids don't fry so crispy that you can't get a workout in:p Where's the field trip?

Sunny, sounds like you had fun at the gym and a good go on the treadmill! Metabollic Effects? Sounds like an interesting class. Was it mostly cardio or more of a circuit?

Laura, sounds like a creative workout yesterday! I wish I felt like rest days were a rest, they just make me kinda antsy.

Wendy, I knew it was just a matter of time before you started thinking about training for a half!:) The programme I followed worked perfectly for me, nice gradual progression to longer distances. My only regret is not listening to my body more.....not so much my whole body, just my fussy anklesx(

Judy, hope you had fun stepping. It will always be my favourite cardio:)

Carole, hope your workout was good. PLB standing is TOUGH!! Now that I know how to post an avatar I'll be changing it every couple of weeks so you can meet the rest of my family:)

Jess, yup it is time to haul out the winter stuff, it's such a funny time of year, Marley left the other day with capris and sandals on as well as mitts and a scarf:)

Christine, you and DH look great in your pics!! Thanks for planting the seed in my idle brain to post a link. Sheesh, those ASI guys really get around:+

Susan, enjoy your workout. I think it's very cool that you, Jess and I are all the Mamas of 3 daughters. I'd love to see pics too.

Jennifer, I was kind of disappointed that there were no pictures of us on the run and I completely missed the individual photos after and went directly to the water station. I really regret not getting the post run pic.

Barb sounds like a nice run and great way to finish, LG is such a fabulous workout and there's just something about the ball exchange in KPC abs that I love, fun and challenging!

I'd better get moving here, these posts take me waaaay longer than they should!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hello all,
I just finished all of KPC and 45 minutes of Bryan Kest(yummy pants), who BTW, I am seeing in 8 days,WAHOO!!!! I really enjoyed doing the yoga after some cardio. I was nice and warmed up. My leg feels great right now and so do I. I am off now to go pick up my little Mariah muffin(youngest child) and some yummy lunch. Have a great day gals!

Cheers!
Susan

Good afternoon!

I'm still not caught up with everything that got behind while I was in Saint George!!! BUT, I did run this morning. My Garmin was all screwed up, I think from using it in Saint George on Saturday. I know the pace and distance are all wrong but the timer was accurate. I ran for 34 minutes and took it quite slow. Hamstrings are tight, quads still sensitive to the downhill while the uphills felt really, really good. I think I'll use my elliptical Friday and Saturday then run 8 miles on Sunday. I'll start back with weights either this weekend or early next week.

Jess, Still sending hugs your way! How's your knee doing these days?

Christine, You look really great in your photo and I mean this with all sincerity! No need to hesitate sharing this picture! Mmmmmm, I want to be Hindu for a month or so!!

It sounds like everyone is going as strong as ever. I've got to dash off, got tons of stuff to do so there is not time for real personals today. But I'm thinking of each and every one of you!!!

*Blushes* THANKS Ladies!! You're the best!

Laurie - love the photo!! I almost didn't do the apres-race photo, but DH urged me to.

Elaine - you're so sweet! How is the recovery doing? I'm so happy for you!! And the great things about the Indians I know is that a celebration is a celebration and all are welcome. They are the most social people I have ever met!

Hey gals. Time for some personals before I take off to visit my mom for the evening!:)

SunnyD- So what exactly does one do in a metabolic effect class??? What kind of work out is it?

Judy- Downhills are tough for me because I have to really control it or else I am afraid I will fall. I always slow it down to almost a walk! Uphill is tough for the obvious reasons but I find downhills TRICKIER. What Cathe cardio did you choose today? Yes, my goal is to run a half in 2007!}(

Carole- I was reading what you wrote to Cathy...I'm sure you still look fantastic! :)

Jess- I'd say to try Cardio and Weights next!

Christine- Every time you talk about eating Indian food my mouth waters! :9

Susan- Nice work out girl! Hope that sciatica clears up real soon for you!!!

Barb- Hope you have a good day at work!

Laurie- So have you decided what you will conquer next? Going for another half...a shorter race and working on speed...or dare I say it....A FULL MARATHON perhaps!?!? }( }( }(

Hello to everyone else! I'm out of time now...sorry!

Talk to y'all later...gotta run!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.