.::: CHEETAHS :::. Thirstin' for DOMS Thurs.

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, friends! :)

Carole :: *lol* OK, duly noted on the 110!...The zucchini bread damage actually wasn't too bad. I still stayed just a hair under the calorie range. Yay!

Gloria :: good to see ya! Miss ya when ya can't post.

I am heading down to Baltimore today (hitting the road early), so I'm going to save my workout for tonight and rearrange the rotation, if needed, depending on what time I get home. I was up a few times in the night and don't feel as rested; otherwise, I'd try to tackle it this morning.

Have a great day, all!

Good morning Cheetah babes!

So my run got rained out this morning:(:mad:. We had a storm blow through juuuuust as I was ready to step out the door. I could have used a nice little run today to work out some of the hammy and glute DOMS from yesterday's light workout:eek: *lol*. Eh, oh well, what are you gonna do, right? Did get some housework done this morning that I ordinarily wouldn't have had time to do so I guess that was a bonus:).

I am going to try Lorie's idea of wearing my HRM all day today to see what kind of calorie burn I have with a typical day's worth of work. Should be interesting.

Sorry to post and run but I should be able to sneak in here tonight before bowling to catch up on personals. Have a great day ladies!

Morning Glories!:)

Sorry I never got back y'day with personals but I'm here now! :)

Wendi: Sorry 'bout the rained out run. Glad you made good use of the time though. Can't wait to hear your monster calorie burn!

Cathy: Have a safe ride down to Baltimore. Thanks for the calorie range input. I upped it and am going to try to up my average intake a bit and see what happens. So I stuck with my rest day y'day. I'm glad I did. Ofcourse this morning I have MAJOR 2nd day DOMS in my legs. I had a little soreness y'day but it's MUCH more intense today. YEOWCH! I have an outdoor run on tap for this afternoon. I suppose it's gonna be another painful one! LOL Glad the bread did not take you over the top y'day. Love when it works out that way.

Christine: Awesome work out y'day! I have taken spin classes so I know what you are doing is SUPER tough stuff. I can barely get through an hour's spin class and here you are doing 75 min to 3 hours worth of it! You rock!

Judy: Yeah, I went food shopping earlier in the week. That's why I've gotten such great grades this week! When my grades start slipping I know I need more healthy eats. LOL So are you golfing today?

Posh: Glad you have found something that is helping you with your food. Great results so far! I haven't experienced any weight loss but I am lovin' gettin' all those A's on my report card! I am going to up my calories a bit to see if that will help with the weight loss. I don't want to lose alot...no more then 5 pounds and I'd probably be VERY happy.

Karen: I have no idea re the sodium. My sodium will sky-rocket from eating things I didn't realize had so much sodium in them as well. I got an A in it the past 2 days but it wasn't easy.

Carole: I upped my activty level/cal range. I am going to try to eat atleast 1750 calories from today going forward and see what happens. It's only a 100 calorie jump from the high end of the lower range but it may be all I need.

Gloria: Glad you got some much need housework out of the way. It feels great to get that stuff done but unfortunately it seems like I need to start all over again before the end of the day sometimes! BLECH!

Dallas:
I want to get more half's, 10K's, and a few more races under my belt before I take on the mental and physical aspects of training for a full marathon.

This is a big part of why I opted to do an 18 miler instead of jumping into a full marathon. I just wasn't prepared to take on the gigantic task of training for a full. Training for the 18 is almost too much! LOL I am going to miss being a part of the action in Chicago but I think this is a better plan for me. I have my eye on a full mary that happens at the end of March 2009.

Okay, looks like I'm caught up now. Phew! LOL

So today's work out plan is 4DS chest/back and abs at nap time and then an outdoor run once DH gets home from work. My legs are VERY SORE today. I have 2nd day DOMS RAGING for sure. The run should be lots o' fun!:p

Off to grab more coffee.

BBL!

back again

Hello to my wonderful cheetahpals! I've been missin y'all so much and it's nice to finally have some time to catch up a tad:rolleyes: After a very hectic and busy move in process here in PA I travelled back to Philly for a long work stretch and had way too much to do to possibly fit in the last Friday's step class so I missed connecting with Wendi and Lorie:( but Wendi was sweet enough to call.... thanks hon!

I'm back in central Pa in our beautiful country retreat and now have internet access here:D. The speed isn't as nice as what I have in Philly but it will do. Still have mega stuff to catch up on and the house is full of boxes everywhere but at least I feel I'm able to come up for air now and then!! I've been able to get in workouts when I can and I always feel exhausted:( Not at all typical for me as you all well know!

I did get in a pretty good 5 mile TM run last evening after I got in. It's an almost 3 hr trip here from Philly so just the constant shuttling back and forth is time consuming and tiring.

Sorry for the whining.....

I'll be doing HiLo Knockout when I'm done here and later today I'll get reacquainted with my EXT while watching the Olympics. I always get quite hooked on them. It's the only time I really get in much TV watching whenever I can.

Miss you guys!

Shelly!!! Great to see you. I can imagine all that running you are doing would be exhausting even to you! Good to have ya back.

Wendy :: ooh boy, that'll be a nice flush you get w/ today's run.

Wendi :: have fun clockin' the calorie burn today & good luck @ bowling tonight.

Well, I'm still here. Change o' plan. The Body Worlds exhibit is sold out for the morning, so it'll need to be a later show. Therefore, I'll be heading out momentarily for my run. Gorgeous out there! :) :) :)

Time for a little bit of personals this am!! There's no way I can backtrack and catch up on everyone so I'll just start from scratch this morning.
Please forgive!

Cathy- Hope your trip to Baltimore goes well for you today and the traffic isn't too bad. How is the marathon training going for ya?

Wendi- Thanks again for calling and checking on me. I'm truly bummed I wasn't able to make it last Friday:( but it made my hectic day to at least talk with you a bit! We had rain here last nite but no storms. This morning it is wonderfully cool and foggy. I'll hit these country roads tomorrow. Sorry your run got kibashed today. I bet your daily calorie burn is impressive!!

Wendy- Just want to let you know that things should settle down for me soon and I definitely still plan on being there with you for the LBI 18 miler!!! I guess you've signed up for the nutrition plan also... sounds like a popular thing to do here in the cheetah den. How was the RT for ya?

Gotta start the day here with more unpacking and I hope to get the cars newly insured, registered, etc. Maybe we'll get our official Pa Driver's licenses also:eek:

Love youze guys!
Hi Judy, Dallas, Lorie, Jackie, Christine, Carole, Thomasina, Karen... oh dear, who else? My brain is totally mush lately!

Good Morning Cheetahs! Happy it’s almost Friday! :D

Wendy – Glad you decided to increase your calories. Cathe defined very active as works out 6-7 days a week for an hour. I think you meet that requirement! I think yoga and pilates is a good idea for your class requirements. Oh, and before you get too congratulatory, I have not managed to finish the 3 hour Spinerval yet. I’ve meant to, but I had bike problems. And now I just want to ride outdoors while the weather is nice.:p

Cathy – my run in yesterday was swiss cheese. I made a Herbed Lentil and Rice casserole that takes swiss cheese. I bought a big block like a lunkhead and started in on it. *sighs* Back to the drawing board today. :pHave fun and stay safe in Baltimore!

Gloria – Hope you had fun cleaning! I rotated my iTread and iCycle workouts on my iPod when I had a 1 GB. It’s pretty easy with iTunes.

Carole - *giggles* I KNEW it was Safflower oil! I have no clue as to why I said saffron. And I do have Safflower oil, so I added it to my salad last night. Thanks for the idea! My friend’s DH is a competitive cyclist. When he’s training, he needs 7000 calories a day – and he’s 6’2 and 150 pounds (a rail of a guy – but all muscle). My friend tells me what he eats and my jaw drops – he’s so skinny! I guess these sports just take it out of ya! Amazing.

Karen – Glad you figured out your salt! Way to go. I think it is wrong with squash – that’s crazy!

Wendi – oh I’m sorry your run got rained out! Glad you got in housework though! I’d be interested to see your calorie burn, too, especially with as physically active as your job is!

Shelly – SOOO good to hear from you!!! I’m glad you’re moved, but I cannot imagine the headaches involved with moving in to a new house and having a 3 hour commute! Your contract is up end of September, right? Man, about 45 days of that. I’ll be thinking of ya sweetie!! I’m hooked on the Olympics, too. DH tapes it because the swimming and events he wants to see are always on so late.

Again, I’m not sure what I’m going to do today. I have HSTA on my rotation. I may do it. I may sub AOS Newport. Or I may sub HSC. We’ll see. :p I’m so happy it’s Thursday and tomorrow is Friday! I’m going to a birthday party for my boss tonight – her birthday is the day after mine. Too funny. I won’t stay for long, but DH and I will stop by to say Happy Birthday. Have a great day all!

Quick check in for me for now. I just finished PUB with some abs thrown in. I have to get out of here pronto to get some errands done. I get to go pick up my race packet for Sundays 5k today. I love getting all the goodies. Plus this time I get and Under Armour shrit. So cool. BBL :cool:

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...glad the zucchini bread did not do too much damage. We are sure in for a hot spell for a few more days...yuk!! And I can relate to your title this morning, I have DOMS from GS C&T yesterday!! Enjoy your run today.

Wendi...that should be interesting wearing the HRM all day.

Wendy...I hope the new calorie range works out better for you. Your run should be fun today with the DOMS!

Shelly...Nice to see you! We have been missing you! Hey, I would be whining about a 3 hour commute myself (I hate long drives). I have been hooked on the Olympics too, some amazing athletes.

Christine...I am glad to have found using the Safflower oil works for me, I have gotten A's in Omega 6 the last 2 days. WOW 7,000 cals! But 150 would make a skinny guy at 6'2", he probably also has one super speedy metabolism! Enjoy your workout, whatever you do. Have fun at the B-Day party.

Karen..I saw that with the summer squash too and said WTH!!! I eat zucchini a couple of times a week. I like the race bag goodies too. Cool about the Under Armour shirt!

Today I am doing legwork, 40 min on my EXT and a Coremax segment from yesterday as I ran out of time!

Have a great day...:)

Hi Cheetahs:D

I opted out of golf today. I'll do a leg workout L&G? or B&G? and maybe EXT. Golf shoes do not feel real good right now. Plus DS21 has been out past midnight the last few nights. His summer job is at 8am, so I worry about him being late. I just worry about him all the time. He is a good kid, but not as focused as DH and I would like.

Cathy- Too bad your plans got altered, but at least you are getting the run in early ;)

Gloria- We all have days where we just need to get back to basics in the laundry/ cleaning department! no worries

Shelly- welcome back! Wow a 3 hour commute! At least it is not winter yet! Congratulations on your big move to the country. you'll have to send pictures at some point, no hurry though. How do your sweet animal kids like it so far?

Carole- Thanks for the clarification with p90x and p90x+ ... How are your new puppy and Sadie getting along these days?

Christine- Cheese can be a problem for me too. But I am consciously trying to minimize it. The YAWYE book claims we really do not digest cow milk very well. In response to that I am trying to cut back significantly. But I was going through too much dairy regularly ( WW cheese sticks, Greek yogurt and many Caesar salads on a regular basis ) When I have minimized dairy in the past, I do feel much better.... So is it AOSNewport or something else today?

Wendi - I am sorry about the spoiled run... It will be interesting to find out your daily calorie burn regarding your work. Please share!

Wendy- I chose to take a yoga class at the gym because I never fit it in at home on a regular basis. So far I have done 5 weeks and am signed up for another session... Let me know how you like the pilates/yoga combo.

***OK I have way too much zucchini. DH got some from a patient and I unknowingly bought some at the farmers market. I do not want to make zucchini bread. Any (healthy) suggestions?

Enjoyed a 5 mile run plus Winsor Buns & Thighs and two butt-burner segments from Squeeze. My bum's all tingly now. :)

Shelly :: the marathon training is going...slowly...but going. :) Sounds like a full agenda for you again today. Sending productive vibes your way.

Christine :: oh, I have a weakness for cheese myself. It's dangerous to have it near! Enjoy whichever sweatfest you decide on.

Karen :: ooh, Under Armour shirts?? That's some niiiice swag. I have gotten hooked on the UA Heat Gear (the ones that feel like cotton) -- don't like wearing anything else anymore.

Carole :: Fortunately, it was a healthy recipe zucchini bread--delicious without diet sabotage. :) Enjoy your workout. Least you don't have to worry about beating the heat today.

Judy :: oh, the change in plans is no big deal at all...works for me either way. :)...Enjoy legs & EXT. Here is a Cooking Light link with 6 different zucchini recipes: http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/fd/features/article/0,13803,1216415,00.html

Morning Cheetahs

I slept in today. Well, the alarm went off and I felt nauseous, so opted for a rest day. That's been happening frequently. Anyway, I'll get back to it tomorrow with a run, GS-C&T and abs. I'll run with TNT on Saturday morning too. :) Y-day I ended up doing KPC/L&G 82 premix. Had a fun time with it. :) Unfortunately, y-day was an emotional day. :( Couldn't shake it. Emotions are running high around here. Also, my mil could not take her second chemo due to her white blood cells being a little too low. :( She was a few days early for her treatment. Hopefully, she'll be back on track next week.

Cathy ~ You're working that bum good aren't you!!!! :D Enjoy Baltimore and your workout later. lol'd at your comment about the run in w/the zucchini bread. :D

Judy ~ I slice the zucchini and put them on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle w/sea salt and pepper and bake @350 until done. Sorry I don't know how long, but it doesn't take long. I do eggplant that way too. Sooooo good!!! Have you tried rolling your foot over a golf ball? That seemed to help mine.

Karen ~ I know, it was fun getting all that free stuff in the packet!! My shirt was waaaay too big though. Makes for a nice sleep shirt. ;) Good luck with the 5K. :) Pumpkins already!??!?! I do love Fall though!:)

Christine ~ Do you have any bike races coming up? You're logging some good miles on your bike lately! :) WTG on the 75" of Have Mercy!! :DIA, it's nice to be able to run when I feel like it now instead of following the TNT schedule. ;) I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Shelly ~ There you are!!! Glad you're finally moved into your final destination...for now, right?!?! I know what you mean about the workouts feeling hard. Leading up to the half, that's exactly what was happening to me. :( I was worried about the race, but surprisingly I felt fine during (well, until mile 12) I've been Tivo'ing the Olympics and watching them while I work out too.

Wendy ~ I think you'll do great on your 18 miler w/Shelly. :) Wish you two could be with us in Chicago though! :) If things were "normal" here I was contemplating on continuing to train for the full. I was happy with how the TNT training was going. I'll still run with them on most Sat, but soccer begins again next week.

Wendi ~ I'm curious, too, on how many calories you'll burn throughout the day. :) I bet you'll be surprised. WOW! 3-4" heels! I've gone as high as 3" and that's when I had some problems. I've heard the beans are good. I may start experimenting with them.

Posh ~ Hope you like the Nuun tablets. The guy said he liked orange zinger. I may zip into the running store today to grab that flavor. Thanks about the race!!! :D I'm so happy for you that you're getting good results with the book you mentioned and the bootcamp program!!! WTG!! Good luck with your 15 miler this weekend in a smoke free atmosphere!:)

Carole ~ I have GS-C&T tomorrow since I slept in today. That is a long one, but I feel so worked out and rubbery when I'm done. ha ha! Yep, like I said to Christine above, I'm happy to run when I feel like running instead of following a schedule now. In fact, I haven't run since Sunday. :eek: I'll get back to it tomorrow. :) I can't wait to sign up for the nutrition program...I'm getting antsy, but there's only 14 more days until school starts. Enjoy your legwork, ETX and CM. :)

Hi Jackie, Linda, Lorie, Gloria, Sunny!! Did I miss anyone!?!

Oh, anyone else signing up for the Nike+Human Race August 31. I **think** I have a group of gals to run here. :)

Plan on making it a "fun" day with the kids. They'll get to decide. We definitely did not have enough of those this summer. It was a bad summer for them. I feel horrible.:(

hello

Top o’ the mornin’ Cheetahs!

I’m feeling just dandy this morning and after I make this quick (?lol) post, I’m going to get my 5 miles in and some leg/ab work before I have to shower and report to the zoo.. :eek: lol.

Cathy – Great you got some good weather to run in! I’m a wee bit worried about our 15 miles planned for Sat am as it is supposed to remain grossly HOT here a few more days….we’ll have to get out way early I suppose. And hey, you’re doing FABULOUS with your marathon training..me thinks!

Wendi – Oh how I wish you could send up some of your rain! Just a little bit though, cuz too much rain here = no work for DH..lol. Great idea about the HR monitor – should be interesting. Have fun bowling!

Wendy lou – Yah, you may need a few more calories added in. Um, yeah, no more than 5 pounds for you missy, or we’d have to send out a search party for ya because we wouldn’t be able to see where you were! LOL Sounds like a good plan for choosing the obligatory classes at the gym.

Shelly – YAY!! SO glad you checked in – was wondering how you managed your move to the retreat. Chyeeeahuh? I’d be more than whining for a 3 hour commute! Heck, I can’t stand an hour commute. But you’re still the tough crazy cheetah of the pack because you did all this moving/commuting blah, blah, etc. etc and STILL fit in the workouts! amazing….. hope you get more settled in with the boxes soon…

Christine – It’s just a birthday kind of week! My mom’s is today and it is her big 75th! She totally does not seem like a typical 75 year old though. Tough lil cookie she is…5’1” lol… Swiss cheese? oh my, cheese is definately a dif one to turn away from… “step away from the cheese”….lol…I’m glad it’s almost Friday as well!

Karen – Swwweeeeetttuh! on the Under Armor shirt! Now that’s a POSH 5K! lol Good luck on your run, I know you’ll do just fabulous! Re: the summer squash, I had the same issue during the brief period I was able to use the nutrition software. Summer squash blew my sodium through the roof and then I switched to zucchini and it came out better...hmmm… has to be a glitch!

Carole – Oh my, we are in for a hot spell aren’t we? You have it a wee bit worse than us though. I hope you’re able to get in your runs without too much agony. When I was crazy enough to run outside when it was hot, I used to put a wet bandana around my neck to cool off. Makes ya feel like a Western States 100 mile endurance runner …LOL….

Judy – I vote for B&G! I love that one! Yum zucchini, I have quite a bit right now too. I think there’s a recipe somewhere for a light, healthy veggie stuffed zucchini. I’m going to check out the link Cathy left for you as well. As for what Gillian has me doing? Well I have cut out all the processed foods (but I still have a small bit of the Natures path flax ceraeal), quit using the salt and pepper shaker, cut back to one cup of coffee (caffeine) in the morning and I’ve been consuming meals made with vegetable, fruits, grains, herbs, beans, nuts, seeds, herbal tea, and some fish. I don’t even drink the fizzy mineral water I was using daily. I cut out the dairy (using rice milk) and wheat germ and my stomach feels so much better. I have had some of the Alvarado St. sprouted wheat bread but pretty much that’s it for “processed” stuff. I also have been getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night - better than the 4 to 5 I was getting. Boot camp (more of a nutritional boot camp) is fun and so far we’re training in meal planning, setting goals, time management, logging food, mood and exercise sort of things….I like it – it’s helping me to be more regimented for myself in my chaotic world of work, family, school, exercise, etc..etc… Most of her recipes I have found to be quite tasty and I’m going to get out and find the cook book soon!

Dallas – Hope you are enjoying the fun day with the kids! I plan on checking the local running store this weekend for the NUUN tabs. I really like the no sugar idea. Good that you are still going to run with TNT - Youse gatta take of yourself too girl! lol Sorry you’re having the emotional days…..my heart really does go out to your family…(((HUGS)))…

HOWDY to GLORIA, JACKIE, LINDA, LORIE, ETC..ETC

Have a great day all! :D

POSH…

Last edited:
Hey Cheetah Ladies!

Carole – LOVE your flashing signature! Yeah, the cyclist is a skinny guy, but he actually doesn’t look bad. Just long and lean. Enjoy your DOMS and your workout!

Judy – I have to be careful how much dairy I consume. I try to leave it at 1 yogurt a day, really. I rarely eat cheese – maybe I should more. :p Oooh, zucchini! I love stuffed zucchini – you can stuff it with meat or veggies. There are great recipes everywhere – and that uses a lot of the things! Have fun!

Cathy – So I won’t bring cheese to Chicago! It’s a no no for both of us! Sounds like a great workout! Why’d you have to run to Balmer?

Dallas – enjoy your rest day and don’t beat yourself up over it. I can’t even imagine how tough it is for you right now. No races in the foreseeable future, but that could change at any moment. :D Enjoy your fun day with the kids!

Posh – Well, HAPPY 75th Birthday to your mom!!! Way cool! She sounds like a lady I would adore. Great job on the run and leg/ab work! Yeah, cheese is a challenge. It’s sooo good. Fortunately, I shared some of my indulgence with Jimmy. :p

I ended up doing a Mish Mosh of Body Max 2. I wanted a circuit workout, but I also wanted to do more cardio, so basically I did the wup, the 1st step combo, the 1st power circuit, Back and Chest, then the 2nd power circuit and shoulders, and the 3rd power circuit and bi’s and tri’s. Then I did the Bonus combo and abs and a stretch. I love that mix and match feature. I really enjoyed this one today.

Hello Cheetahs!

Cathy - Have fun in Baltimore. Sorry you didn't rest well last night. Glad you found energy for your run.

Wendi - Sorry your run got rained out this morning. Housework is always waiting. Will be interesting how many calories you burn at work. I wore mine when I washed my car. Don't remember the number but thought at the time it was pretty good.

Wendy - You really have 5# to lose? :p You look great, IMO. Yay for the DOMS! Hope you have a good run!

Shelly - Good to see you again. I know you will be so happy to get the house in some kind of order. I couldn't stand all the boxes sitting around when I moved. Hope things settle down soon. You get to take a new pic for your license!

Christine - The rice casserole sounds yummy. 7000 calories! :eek: If I could only eat half that and not gain an ounce would be so nice. Have fun at the party.

Karen - I like it when I get some goodies in my packet that I can use. Shirt is nice.

Carole - Yay for the DOMS! I'm still taping the Olympics. Can't stay awake. I've been watching volley ball. Will go home today and watch what I taped yesterday. Hope you had a good workout!

Judy - DS will be functioning on little sleep, huh? Not a zucchini lover unless it's in a stir fry or I slice it and spray with cooking spray and bake until crisp.

Dallas - Sorry you were feeling nauseous. Any idea of the cause? Feel better. Hope things are better for your MIL too. Did you and the kids have that fun day?

Posh - Glad you're feeling soooooo goooood! My son always said I was little but tough. He's over 6' and I'm only 5'2 1/2". You see I claimed my 1/2? :D How's the truck these days?

Yesterday's workout was Muscle Endurance. Left off 2 sets of leg presses and some of the ab work. Needed to get to work. Today was 15 minutes of iClimb #2 20 minutes, 20 minutes of BBC Chest & Abs treadmill and then the weight workout and some foam rolling.

Sorry I didn't go back and read previous posts. Been pretty busy at work and I need to get back. Hope I can post tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!

Just got in the house for a few seconds and I couldn't wait to tell you what goodies I got. Get this. Not only the nice dark blue under amour shirt. I got in my race bag.

1. icy hot patches
2. EAS protein drink Cookies and cream. Ready to Go
3. Skittles
4. Beef jerkey with cheese
5. Two boxes of Trident gum
6. Tic tacs
7 Pack of Extra gum
8. Eas protein ready to mix powder vanilla
9. reeses protein bar
10. Special K protein bar
11. Bottle of Vitamins ( 100 count)
12. Teddy Grams
13. Piece of Dark Chocolate.

Good Greif. I never got so much stuff in all my life. Normally I get flyers and a water bottle. Whoo Hoo. I hit the 5k Jackpot. My kids are loving it.

Off to head back out to the library.

One more thing. My nutrition sucks today. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Not my fault though. I even took my lunch with me. The problem is I told one of my girls to get me a drink in the soda area at Target and they got me Caffeine Free Sierra Mist. I though yeah they have caffeine free. Well after I drank it and went to refill with some water I noticed it was regular Caffeine Free regular Sierra Mist. So I inhaled a good 250 empty junk calories. Todays averge was a 2.69. Ughhhh. Food was good though but the calorie count is high and lack some vitamins because I just drank them. :eek::eek::eek:

Hey Girls! I don't know if you remember me but I used to post here , oh probably over a year ago. I just noticed lately that a lot of you guys are training for marathons, halfs, and an 18 miler? Anyway I am on week 7 of my half training. I do believe my half is on the same day as Cathy's marathon. Oct 12th? I had my longest run to date yesterday. 9 miles, felt great, ummm when it was over. :p Anyway, I was hoping to jump back into the cheetah thread if you ladies don't mind?
:D

Hey Girls! I don't know if you remember me but I used to post here , oh probably over a year ago. I just noticed lately that a lot of you guys are training for marathons, halfs, and an 18 miler? Anyway I am on week 7 of my half training. I do believe my half is on the same day as Cathy's marathon. Oct 12th? I had my longest run to date yesterday. 9 miles, felt great, ummm when it was over. :p Anyway, I was hoping to jump back into the cheetah thread if you ladies don't mind?
:D

The more the merrier LaDonna! Happy to have you (back)!!!! I am the one running the 18 mile race and it is ALSO on Oct 12th so you will have lots of company!:)

Hi everyone!

Cathy: Nice workout today! What is this Body Worlds exhibit you are talking about? Never heard of it. I have missed you ladies too! :) Thanks for posting that Cooking Light link. I will have to check it out. I used to subscribe to that magazine.

Wendi: How irritating the weather ruined your workout plans. Up here I have to have a treadmill. It would be impossible for me to run outside all winter. It is dark out in the morning when I get up and we don't have street lights out by me. I bet you burn mucho calories at work!

Wendy: Oh the house work is not all done, unfortuantely. I will work on some things after I post. I have been missing you girls!! Sounds like you are right on track with the eating. Hope you have a wonderful run despite the sore legs!!

Shelly: HI!! Things should settle down for you soon. So nice to see you. I figured you were busy with the move. :) I did not think you were whining! :)

Christine: Seems a lot of us on here love the cheese. I had some yesterday in my black beans and rice. I wouldn't say that I had fun cleaning, but it is nice to have SOME of it out of the way! :) Itunes is pretty cool. What was life like before my ipod??? :D Have a nice time tonight!! Great workout today!

Karen: An Under Armour shirt!!!! How cool is that! You received quite the race package. I've never gotton one that good. DH is thinking of carrying Under Armour in his shop so he is meeting with the rep soon. That would be cool then I could get it at cost. They are staying open through the winter and are going to carry snowshoes and things like that.

Carole: I dig your new siggy! It has some flair!!! DH uses safflower oil a lot when he cooks. He likes the flavor better than olive oil. Glad you have been enjoying the Olympics!

Judy: How is your foot feeling today? I have had some minor issues in the past with PF too. I have to wear really good shoes all the time, even at school. I have even worn tennis shoes to school sometimes to avoid the pain. Of course I got the ok from the principal first. Thanks re: posting. I would have felt guilty spending so much time on the computer when the house is messy. Plus it is hard for me to relax when things are in disaray. Hope you had a nice workout today! No tips on the zuchinni. My friend brought me over a huge one and I am not sure what to do with it. I might just saute some tonight.

Dallas: I hate it when the race shirts are too big. Fall is my favorite season too. I bet you will have a great day with the kids, sounds like fun.

Posh: I am impressed with your results. :):) Congratulations! I am glad to hear you are sleeping more and things are going well for you. I have cut back on the caffeine in the morning too. Do you mind me asking what you are going to school for?

Jackie: I like muscle endurance. Sounds like you have been busy!

Well, it is raining right now so I will be jumping on the tm and then more cleaning. Trying to get the house in good shape for when I go back to school. I think I will go in tomorrow and get the ball rolling with bulletin boards and what not. I hope everyone is having a nice day!!:)

Last edited:
Ok... I have really dropped the ball this summer. I just got an email from my principal saying she would like to see my plan for the advanced studies after school gig and I have done NOTHING!!!! AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!! Ok, off to work I go..........:)After I run of course. That is when I come up with my good ideas! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.