:::CHEETAHS:::THANKGOODNESS IT"S THURSDAY!:::

gdixson

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetahs!

I am not feeling my leg pain today, but will stay to my word and do yoga today again. I foam rolled last night, so I think that helped. I feel bad cancelling on my friend's son because we were supposed to run on Tuesday after school and I totally forgot about it and didn't have my stuff with me when he showed up. He is a nice kid so I hope he'll understand. I will call him this morning at school when I think he'll be awake. I went to bed at 8:30, but am tired this morning. Bring on the weekend! :) Tis' the time of year in 5th grade where I am finding notes asking "will you go out with me?" laying around the classroom. We are done on June 6th.

Have a great day everyone! BBL!

RE: :::CHEETAHS:::THANKGOODNESS IT

Good morning, Gloria and all who follow!

Gloria ~ Wow, June 6! You finish early. My last day is June 19. We are definitely getting into chaos season, aren't we? Glad the foam roller and yoga-ing are keeping the leg pain at pain. Hope you get your grading done today.

Wendi ~ so what didja name the kitties?

Kath ~ oh right, law enforcement. I thought so when you mentioned the background check but wasn't sure...My legs generally feel good, with last Sunday being an exception.

Wendy ~ in all the excitement about NROLW and new purchases, you must have missed my question the other day about your BMF. How're things going?

Christine ~ Thank God Jimmy is OK!! Scary. I'm on a little break from the bells, but I am still terrified about letting one fly...IA, Seasun's ab work is fierce. I just try to use the BOSU for *any* ab work, but admittedly, I have not been consistent with it lately. You find the cutest pics.

Carole ~ 10 o'clock is a sweet start time...I found the berry blast Sharkies at Target and tried one. They're OK. I think I could handle eating those on a run, but I will look for orange. *lol* about DH getting sick when there's work to do around the house.

Jackie ~ *raises tea glass and toasts* Congrats on being officially moved in! Looking forward to pics once the dust settles.

Dallas ~ sorry you aren't feeling well...You have so much going on...This is all happening so quickly with your friend's son. What a nightmare for this poor family. Continued thoughts & prayers. No, I *didn't* get in my run and am really ticked about it. (See below.)

Well, I must admit to wearing the Cranky Pants this morning. I was so looking forward to a run after school yesterday, and I had to freakin' cancel. Usually when grades are due (as they are this week), teams DON'T have to hold our weekly meeting. But the guidance counselor is insisting that we do, so that we finalize graduation awards which are, I might note, a month away. We already made our selections during the last two team meetings, with the exception of one category. So now, we'll lose our prep period today for another meeting that, to me, doesn't seem imperative enough that it couldn't wait til next week. So, I *had* to finish ALL the grading last night. I'm happy it's done, but I'm still really peeved about the position we are put in sometimes. The media center has us chasing down kids who owe books, the secretaries are on our backs about collecting graduation fees and forms, kids keep getting pulled out of class for jazz band performances and choral practices so there is a constant stream of kids who need make-up work. And there is no end to meetings. Grr! I just would like to know when do they think we have TIME to do something as trivial as GRADES???

Serenity now!!! *lol* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4
:7 :7 :7 There, now I feel better. Apologies for the self-indulgent rant. :)

Anyway, TODAY will be my 8 miler.

Have a great one, everyone!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning beautiful ladies :)

Yes --It's Thursday. I think thats a good thing. We shall see I'm only half way through the coffee here :) It looks like rain is on tap for a few days for us. Thats going to suck for graduation--outside under tents :(

Gloria: Always best to listen to your body and rest. I had a hip thing going on from running on the track at my gym. I HAD no choice but to rest, cut back on miles. I'm glad I did--I'm finally pain free :) Funny how we don't want pain to limit us from what we love but yet we so love feeling DOMS. At least I do. That's cute about the kids.

Cathy: Enjoy your 8 miler. Yes she wants to fight crime LOL. The background check is necessary. I'm sure it will go fine for her. Hard part was listing 10 people--she wanted to add like 20 LOL. Sounds promising though as that the sheriff introduced her to her trainer. I'll wait to get real excited til it's official. I'm proud of her. To be able to start out in her profession is a plus --and having the degree helps allot ofr her. Now she just has to sit --wait for test grades to come in and positions to open in some places. Trooper exam is taking longer to score--imagine grading all those exams :) Thanks again for asking. I can only imagine your pain on trying to get grades done and tackle everything else tossed at you. Teacher's are amazing in my book.

Judy: Silly me--we do have a Target near me. I totally forgot about it. It's like 30minutes away. Wegmans are not near me. We do have a Super Wal-mart--often wonder if that's a good thing cause I am there way too much :)I meant to ask you --are you a stay at home mom? And have you noticed a change since you have started NROL.

Dallas: How can we not help someone when they are down like that? I guess I'm very much like you. :) DH's friends family is this couple I mentioned a month ago--the couple who made other plans for their vacation. DH stood by this guy-- but since she came home, they have become very arrogant in their thinking. I won't go into details but it was not something we thought we would see from them. They trash talk allot people---esp. the ones who stood by them. It's almost like they think they are superior. Hard to understand----thing that amazes me is her mother-in-law basically stepped in to be MOM while she was away--now the wife trash talks her constantly to her kids and friends (what few thye have left)Her mother-in-law did allot for her while she was away. I don't understand people----

Anyhow--

Did I mention I ordered a new washer? I figure after 20 years with this one-- it was time. Since we had the extra money. It's a BRAVO or something. Think they said it would be available next week. Has so many buttons/dials-- I asked the salesman if it would fold and put my laundry away too :7 A plus too is it is suppose to save energy and water consumption.

Today is another sweaty HIIT }( }( I need to kill--I mean work my shoulders as well. :)

Time for my refill. Have a great Thursday everyone :)

Hi Friends~

Kath- I am a SAHM as of kid # 3 in 1991. When we lived in Syracuse, I did work at Crouse Irving, Upstate Medical Center & OCC (teaching) But we had no family there and finding good day care for 3 kids was crazy. So I gladly became a SAHM. Now a days I do dream a bit about going to grad school. But it really would not be fair to use so much money on tuition for me when we are still educating 3 of our kids.

Cathy- I think the work teachers do is so under appreciated! You obviously have so much 'out of classroom' work. I hope you enjoy that run today.

Gloria- Yoga sounds like the right choice today.

Lorie- Are you out there? How is the injury?

Jackie- CONGRATULATIONS on moving in ! Did you just love working out in your new WO room?

Since our NROLFW thread is so small and the 3 of us also run, it was suggested we just check in here. Does anyone mind if we talk NROLFW in addition to Cheetah chats?

I have to go back and read the later posts from yesterday. BBL (Hopefully)

*silly typos*

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

hello ladies,

well yesterday became a unscheduled rest day as dh was rear ended while at a red light:( . the person who did it took off (hit and run)x( . dh is alright except for a banged up knee. so my time yesterday was getting him taken care of.

today is itread 30 min runintervals (done) and then my day 2 afterburn workout.

cathy- i hope things clear for you soon. i know it's so frustrating to not be able to get in your workouts due to work related issues getting in the way.

kath- enjoy killin' errr working your shoulders today:7

gloria- are you a teacher also? glad you are not experiencing any leg pain today.

judy- of course we don't mind (at least i don't) you talking about nwol4w here. i feel bad because i started all the talk and was excited for the program and then bailed on you guys;( . it's all good though because we can compare notes between the (alwyn) program you are doing and the one i am doing!

jackie- yay!! you are all moved in and already enjoying your new workout room!! i would be willing to bet your house and workout space look awesome!

christine- ask away re: tt workouts!

have an awesome day cheetal pals:7

Judy: Small world--I worked in the ICU at Crouse. I'm a SAHM since kid #1. I think about going back--wouldn't be hard to work in a doctor's office or something. But I like being home--and thankfully I'm in a position where I don't have to work. And this way I'm home to bug my kids :7 I was able to care for DH's dad while he fought cancer-- a fight he didn't win, but I'm so thankful I was able to care for him.

I look fwd to you girls doing NROLFW posting in here. I am on the fence on whether I want to try it.

Sunny: We posted sametime. I hope DH is ok. Thats horrible about someone just taking off.

Hey Girls!

Flyby post until after I get home from the gym!

Work out #2 of NROL is completed. I went waaay too light for the first 2 work outs but I wasn't sure what to expect. I mean, I felt it but it wasn't exactly what you'd call A CHALLENGE, you know? Oh well, I'll be heavying up for #3 for sure!!!}(

Next up is sprinting on the TM with Grace!:)

BB after that's done!

Good morning cheetahs

Gloria..I think Pete (from the Pain Free book) makes a lot of sense. I find some of his e-cises like ones I have done for Physical Therapy. I have done the hip ones since about mid January and I think they do help. Hope your leg continues to feel better. Sounds like the 5th graders could be anxious for school to be out!!

Cathy...I do feel lucky being able to start work late...definitely the perks of self-employment!! The consistency of the Sharkies is like gummi bears to me. But you can actually chew and run...:D..Right now my long runs are not quite long enough to use them. But I am hoping to slowly get there...:)..So sorry about the BS at school!!! I would have been quite irritated in your position! Maybe the 8 miler will help blow off some steam...LMAO about the "Serenity Now" link..thanks...:D

Sunny...sorry about DH's rear ending and hit/run...That sucks! I got rear-ended a few years ago and it was just a big hassle..Hope DH's knee is okay...

Christine...our wind picked up yesterday about 10 Am...WOW, it was strong all day...I am also worried about fire danger here...or some idiot from the Forest service doing a controlled burn!! Love the dog pic...those 2 are so cute!!! Sorry about Jimmy and the kettlebell!! I would have held him too...glad he is okay...:D

Judy...How scary with that fox stalking Waldo...most of the time you can scare a fox away with noise like your DH did...We have had a number of incidents with foxes and our chickens over the years...some goof ball around here actually feeds the foxes...DUH!!!!

Jackie...Thanks for checking in! How cool you got to use your new workout room!!! Congrats on the move...

Dallas...probably smart to skip the workout if you don't feel good. I hope you are better today...your friends son will continue to be in my prayers...I might start a shortened/modified P90X rotation in a couple of weeks.

I am planning on a few exercises from GS Legs standing going heavy. Then another Amy kickbox mish mosh and abs from her HLK.

I was so HAPPY to get excused from Jury Duty, I had to call monday night, then tuesday night and finally last night when I called my group # was excused for a year!!! Jury Duty is tough being self-employed!!

Have a great day...:)

Happy Thursday Ladies!!! http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1957_.gif

Dallas – Oh I hope you’re feeling better sweetie! A bad cold is going around here, so maybe it migrated to Chicago… I’ll keep your friend’s son in my prayers. Chemo at 3 – poor guy. Ah, another one who worked with software! Too cool! Yeah, I’m doing my own thing, but I figure it out a week in advance. Tomorrow I’ll be doing BootCamp twice, but the first time through will be they way Cathe does it, the second, I’ll do the cardio, but sub kettlebell exercises. It should be fun!

Gloria – No Targets locally? That’s where I got my BOSU. Sounds like where you live is gorgeous, though. The photos from your hubby’s shop are very nice. Hope your leg feels better soon! I love cats, too. DH is allergic, so I have to take my love for furballs on my dogs. :p Oh my they start so young now, don’t they? Of course “Will you go out with me?” still means something much tamer than in a few years.

Cathy – Oh dear! I hope the crankypants come off soon for you! I don’t like feeling cranky. I’m so sorry about the unmandatory meetings there you had/have to attend. Ick. I’d be vranky too! Enjoy your 8 mile run, though! That should make you feel better!

Kath – Oh no – graduation outside in the rain. That is NOT fun! It’s going to be HOT here – not sure which I’d rather have at this point. :+ Oh cool on the new washer! I have a newer GE washer and dryer and I love them! As I’m the one who does the laundry, it’s nice to be able to do bigger loads. Enjoy the HIIT.

Judy – I don’t mind if you talk NROLFW here. It’s always interesting to see what the workouts are. It looks as if it’s both more and less than I thought. Y’all are really peaking my interest.

Sunny – Oh no – hope DH is okay! That’s scary! Check your insurance – here in California, you’re covered 100% if it’s hit and run with no deductable. Weird, I know, but you are. I guess with the TT workouts – how long are they? What’s the subscription like, etc? I may just get the three month subscription to see what it’s all about. I have to admit the threads on VF and here have my interest peaked. I think you and I like to train a lot alike.

Wendy – have fun with the TM! I’m sure you’ll get NROLW figured out! How’s working from a paper workout going?

It’s going to be HOT – 100 degrees! There is no way I’m cooking tonight, so I’ll swing by the store and pick up something for DH to grill and make a big salad for dinner. Today is a rest day. A needed rest day. I’ve been going a little hard the last few days, but it felt good! As I told Dallas, I’m doing BootCamp x2 tomorrow. The first round is as Cathe wrote it, but the second is subbing kettlebell exercises for the weight work. I’ll let you know how it goes. If anyone is interested in seeing it, let me know. I was watching the news this morning, and I guess the latest craze in San Francisco is called Carrot Mobbing. It’s where consumers descend upon a store and buy up everything on the shelves in order to make the store a lot more money. The store agrees to use at least 22% of the extra money to update the store’s lights, coolers, etc to be more energy efficient. Only in California. :p But I think it’s a neat idea.

Hey Carole - you snuck in on me! Hope the wind dies down as it's supposed to be even hotter! Oh, too funny about Jury Duty - I have it next week!! Glad you got dismissed! (I thought it was for 2 years).l I hope it goes as well for me, but as I'm in group 119, I doubt it. The low numbers always get called in! Last year DH got picked for a trial. Ick. Yep, today would be the day that the Forest Service picks for a controlled burn. Idiots.

HI Again-

Carole- I'm raising my cup of tea in cheers for your no jury duty this time!

Christine- Thanks for not minding the NROLFW talk. I did check out the TT web site ear marked it for later use. I am also interested in the Kettlebell craze and Afterburn. But I want to stick with the current program to do it justice. Ahhhh so many choices!

Sunny- That stinks about DH's accident. Is his knee OK?

Carrot Mobbing? It is amazing how people or a person can influence a population of people and make huge changes. Very 'Tipping Point' like

Wendy- have fun with grace! I think you will be able to increase with every workout and benefit. I have mild quad DOMS from yesterdays AMRAP 1A, butthe foam roller helped.

Well iTread #27 drills 30 minutes is finished for today. There were 2 sprint , big hills 10 % and 12 % which I forced myself to jog at 5.5, and two fast paced steady state intervals. The short intense runs really suit me. I just convince myself it is only half an hour so go faster!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

I'm back.

I feel good. I did a longer warm up using the first half to walk and then increasing my speed little by little to see if I had problems. I wasn't perfect but I'm definately better! YAY! So I did half of ITread 13/30 sprints (that's 3 out of the 6 sprints), then I walked for a few minutes and then did a half mile run at 6.1 to finish it off. I covered 2 miles in 22:10 which included the ITread through the half mile run but not the warm up. My top speed this morning was 6.8 so I'm definately getting my TM legs back!}(

Tomorrow is my rest day but I am hoping to "force" myself to do some yoga. LOL

Saturday morning the 5k race I am supposed to meet Shelly for. I hope she logs on today or I'll have no way of getting in touch with her!:-(

Sunday will be my next NROL work out and I think I will not be adding cardio to it. I will do my cardio on my "off" days from NROL from now on. It just makes it so much simpler.:D

I'll be back after lunch to catch up with personals.

Ciao!:)

Judy – I thought Carrot Mobbing was fascinating. It appears to be working too, at least here in San Francisco where such ideas are considered cool and hip. I don’t blame you for sticking to NROLFW. There are so many choices. It’s really interesting actually.

Wendy – glad you are feeling better! Oh wow! I don’t have Shelly cell phone – does anyone out there? I can’t wait to hear about how Shelly is doing!!!

I signed up for the Turbulence Training. I wanted to see what it was all about. It looks interesting. I’m going to start with April’s rotation called TT for Amazing Lower Abs. It works the total body as well. We’ll see how it goes. Sunny – did you just do the workouts or did you add cardio to the end? I’m curious.

Afternoon Girls :)

Christine: What's turbulence Training ---? Amazing lower Abs--oh do tell what you have to do for that. You are such an enabler :)

Judy: I was there '83-'85. Maybe we rubbed elbows a few times. Small world, huh?

Wendy: That's great about the treadmill run. Maybe your body needed a rest from your last race. How long is this race on Saturday?

I did my HIIT workout and shoulders. The rain has stopped, maybe thats a good sign for Saturday.

BBL maybe.. I so need to finish cleaning stuff x(

judy- i have to say so far i am really lovin' afterburn!! the workouts are harder than stage 1 of nrolw4. i am a little afraid because the last month of the program he has you doing 4 very intense weight workouts followed immeditely by HIIT....YIKES!

carole- yay!! no jury duty. i am not a happy camper when i get called in.

christine- i know you are really going to love turbulence training!! we do like to train the same way. most of the time i did the intervals after the workout. if i ran out of time than i just did it the next day. the majority of the workouts only take about a half hour and then if you add on the cardio portion it's 50-60 mins. gotta love working out your total body and doing cardio in a hr or less. did you get the bonus kettlebell program?

wendy- sounds like you are really loving NROLW so far. i am happy!! how do you like working from a book and not a dvd? i love it as i find working out to my own music is so much more motivating!!

kath- for turbulence training check out www.ttmembers.com. i have been doing the workouts for about 6 mos. now and absolutely love them. the rotations are very easily adaptable to include running.

Okay, I think I'm finally ready to do some personals. I got my java in hand and that is KEY!;)

Gloria: OMG the "will you go out with me" notes sound so cute! :) I hope your leg is back to top-notch soon. Aches, pains and injuries that side-line you can be really frustrating.

Cathy: Yes, you are right. I forgot to answer the question about BMF. Sorry! LOL He's okay. We haven't talked too terribly much as of late because he is super busy at work but I did hear from him y'day and as soon as work calms down for him (over the next week or 2), we will be catching up and making plans to hang out. I'm being leery but all is okay for now. :) Sorry about the cr@p going on at school. I hope you don't feel too much pressure having to get that grading done so much faster.

Judy: I saw the post in the NROL thread about moving it here. That's okay with me. Ofcourse I'd say that though...I'm doing the work outs! LOL OMG those 2 big hills in ITread 27 Drills are KILLER, no? I did that work out once and haven't done it again cause I'm afraid of the hills! LOL

Carole: YAY for getting out of jury duty. I've been called 4-5 times and have been lucky enough to get out of it every time! :) Having lots of fun with Amy these days I see. Enjoy!

Christine: Enjoy TT. Can't wait to hear what you think. I have the linked saved. It's on my very long "to do" list of work outs/rotations I'd like to try! LOL I've done 2 NROL work outs and so far I don't mind working from the book. I keep forgetting to bust out the ipod but once I do I'll be good to go. ;)

Kath: My race on Saturday is a 5k. Short and sweet!:)

Sunny: I don't mind working out of the book. I previewed the exercises before starting and then can easily flip back if need be. I just need to remember to bust out my ipod next time! TT is on my list. I want to try it one day but there is so much I already have ahead of it that who knows when I'll get to it! LOL So what did you like better, TT or NROL?

ETA: I just got a PM from Shelly! She's back online and we are on for saturday!

Hello cheetahs!!!! I'M BACK:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: finally!!!! The travelling cheetah has settled down for now and is officially an east coast cheetah:7 :7 :7 The packing and prep work was just so overwhelming that we took an extra day and didn't get actually on the road until last Friday (originally had planned on Thursday)
I guess all went well considering. It was just so much work. I didn't "work out" for an entire week!!!! I can't remember how long it has been since I took such a break. However, in reality I was working harder then ever... collapsed into bed exhausted each nite.
Then on the 4+ days it took to drive here I ate little so I've actually dropped some pounds. Well, I'll gain them back now:) :)

The mega road trip also went relatively well considering we were in two vehicles each hauling a trailer. DH had the pickup with a row boat on top and hauling a 5x8 trailer. I had the HondaCRV with all the "kids" (2cats,3dogs) and towed an open bed ramp trailer with the motorcycles and other assorted things on it. I'm proud to say I've become accomplished at backing up with a trailer!! We made it here all intact and DH is so happy to be here. It really is quite nice.
Such a change from Arizona!! I'm in Little Egg Harbor, NJ for now.
I have two more weeks of being a bum before I go back to work. I'm in the process of zeroing in on a job in Pa... nothing signed yet, still considering a few possibilities.

I went for a 5 mile run this morning and a 3 mile run yesterday... felt great and ran comfortable under a 9m/mile pace. I run a tad faster here at sea level but I sure do sweat alot more!!

Miss Wendy- I PM'd ya... definitely still on for the spring into summer 5k.... I am so excited about it! We can meet at the registration table I guess.... what time do you want to meet?
I'm at the library now with my laptop... but we're getting internet service hooked up tomorrow so I'll be back.

That's all I have time for today. Sorry not able to catch up on personals yet but I sure did miss chatting with you all!!!!
Crazy Shelly is back!!!

Nothin but love for ya

ShellyC

Kath – I’ll let you know what I think! Looks tough! Hopefully the rain holds off!

Sunny – NO! I did not get the kettlebell one. Bummer! But the ones I did get use the kettlebell for swings. So, I’m happy about that. I’m kind of going back and forth between starting with the ab on or the May rotation which is more total body. Ideas?

Wendy – Yay! You heard from Shelly! That’s great! I think I’ll enjoy TT. We’ll see how it goes. I’m going to bust out the iPhone and groove away!

Hi Wendy- we're on together right now:7 :7 :7 :7
Don't expect a PR from me on Sat. Still getting the running legs back... but I'll have fun anyway!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.