::: CHEETAHS ::: TGIM ;-) haaaa

RunninTeach

Cathlete
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_goodmorning2.jpg Happy first day of fall!

Jackie :: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/bravo-009.gif on your outstanding race! Glad you didn't miss it b/c of the accident (that must've been stressful!) and were able to shave off 4 whole minutes. That's just fantastic! Sorry about your headache. You did a lot yesterday. Hope you're feeling better today.

Christine :: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/sparkle.gif sending quick feel-good vibes your way http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/sparkle.gif

Shelly :: It sure is some major CHUTZPAH! I feel like asking for a REFUND from the 1st wedding gift! *lol*

I think that catches me up with personals, so I'll wish everyone else a GREAT Monday and will BBL to see what you're up to.

I have yoga or stretch on the agenda this evening. Think I will do SM and some ab work.

CHUTZPAH doesn't even begin to cover it!!! Are you going to get her a gift? It seems like you are already paying enough to go one the cruise!!! Grrrr.

I hope everyone is up and feeling good on this Monday morning. I need to go catch up on yesterday's posts as I only skimmed them so far.

I am planning on doing an hour long run today. Nothing too much. Just want to run.

I will be back in a bit. Later gators!

ETA:

Okay, I think I have caught up from yesterday.

Judy-I also do my cardio on an empty stomach (including my runs). I haven't done any runs longer than 85 minutes but for those I'd probably take a cut up protein/energy bar with me and take small bites as needed.

Cathy-so sorry to hear about your migraines. I really hope you get some answers.

Wendy-10 miles-YOU ROCK!

Christine-are you doing the San Diego Rock and Roll HM? I did the full a couple of years ago and had a GREAT time! I hope you are feling better today. Do you think it's the flu? Rest and drink lots of fluids!!!

Wendi-how is your back feeling today?

Carole-WOW on your speedy run!!! That's amazing. I also HATE, HATE, HATE hill running!

Shelly-I hope your 20 miler today is enjoyable. The trail you are running on sounds beautiful.

Jackie-sounds like you had a great race yesterday. Four minutes less is wonderful!!! Then, retail therapy...what could be better?

I hope I did not leave anyone out. If I did, apologies.

Have a wonderful day, Cheetahs!

Good Morning Cheetah girls!:)

I am not sure what I will do for a work out today. It's going to be weight work but I need to sit down later and get a plan for the week written down. I'll keep y'all posted.

So I am getting a cold. ACK! I have been feeling "off" so I've been taking Airborne although I admit I took it every OTHER day for a few days which I now regret. I will now take it EVERY day. The cold is JUST starting so hopefully I'm not too late to atleast shorten it and/or weaken it so it's not as bad as it COULD be.

Christine: Feel better soon girl!!!! I shouldn't even post about getting a cold when you have some flu-type thing!

Jackie: GREAT JOB on the race girl! Sounds like you had a full day afterwards. I am not surprised you were tired. I hope the headache dissapated over night for you. I'm sure the McDonalds breakfast you ate after the race tasted super yummy!}( :9 }(

Cathy: Perhaps your sister doesn't TRULY need anything so she figured she'd register for all of the "over the top" stuff she dreams of owning but would never be able to buy for herself and see what happens. It IS outrageous though. I don't think I'd have the nerve to do that....LOL So what will you buy her??

Lorie: Enjoy your run today. Are you doing and Itread or do I even need to ask?:p

Shelly: Thanks for embarrassing me over in O/D! LOL (((HUGS))) :+

K, that's all for now!
BBL!

Happy Monday Cheetahs!

I actually like the Challenge of Mondays, really. Well OK, Just trying to be positive!

Carole- You did GREAT yesterday with your times! Running sub 9" miles for the 2nd 4 miles is quite an accomplishment!

Jackie- You had another great race for our Cheetahs, and a very full day besides! I think you made the most of your Sunday :)

Cathy- Really for a second wedding I agree it is not in good taste to register anywhere.

Christine and Wendy- Ya both need some get well ~~~~~vibes~~~~~ and lotsa wata!

Lorrie- Good luck on the long run. How long are your long runs these day?

Shelly- how was the 20 miler?

Today is clean Max and major grocery shopping, it is Monday right? and a KB not sure if it will be KM or KPC. But a little voice in my head is saying do a circuit.

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Judy: Food shoppping...UGH! One chore that I don't like to do. Have fun with KB'ing and thanks for the vibes. I hope they work!!!!:)

So I've created a tentative work out plan for the week:

M: Chest and Back, Abs
T: cardio at home
W: Shoulders and Arms, Abs
R: run
F: Legs and Back or B&G w/back work inserted, Abs
S: Rest
S: run

Well, my time here is up for now....BBL!

Good morning ladies!

I usually do say TGIM! Mondays are normally my day off but, since I didn't go in last Wed or Thurs I'm working today for the girl who covered for me. I also usually plan a kick arse w/o for Mondays since I have the time...usually about 2 hours worth. Today I settled for a 5 mile run and was able to shave 4 minutes off my previous times. The mysterious back pain is mysteriously gone...go figure!

Judy - I operate the same way in the mornings. I couldn't imagine running on a full stomach. Congrats to DD! I must be weird...I actually LIKE food shopping, probably because I like food TOO much!

Carole - Woohoo! Congratulations on the awesome race...pretty impressive times for the last 2 miles.

Shelly - Enjoy your 20 miler :eek:...that sounds like an absolutely beautiful route! We have the Shawangunks near us and I can't wait to be able to run those trails with my neighbor who got me into this mess :p.

Cathy - She only registered at Tiff and Co., not Harry Winston or Swarovsky? I had read your thread in OD and agree that that is quite presumptuous (sp?). I'm glad you enjoyed HSTA...I've been eyeing that one up for awhile. Yeah, burnt beyond burnt. When you all are particularly bored I'll fill you in.

Christine - Sending good vibes your way...feel better!

Jackie - Fantastic race...although it looks like you followed it up with a marathon afterward LOL! I'm still investigating a bunch of career paths, just as long as there isn't a horse in sight.

Lorie - Enjoy your run! It sounds like you're feeling a bit better.

Wendy - Hopefully you're able to nip that little cold before it gets you good. You have a nice week planned. I may even try to do some weight work tomorrow, shhhhh, don't tell my doc }(.

That's all the time I have for now. BBL. Have a great one, Cheetahs!

I just got done with my run. YAY!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_125.gif
No, Wendy, you didn't need to ask. OF COURSE I did an iTread! I did #9 60 minutes. I like that one because the hills are minimal. I actually ended up doing 9 miles because I had done 7.2 at 60 minutes, so I rounded it off to 9 miles in 75 minutes. I feel like that particular iTread makes me push myself because I want to make the mileage Grace sets. I always speed up when she asks, "Are you a little bit behind?" I have to say, when Grace says, "I'm right there with you" I always want to yell, "NO, YOU'RE NOT!!!"
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_141.gif
I didn't plan on running that much and I was really dragging until about 40 minutes in but then everything seemed to kick in and I felt better. I probably could have run to 10 miles, but I needed to get going. Also, my half isn't until Thanksgiving, so I don't want to do too much too soon.

Wendy-hope you can catch that cold before it catches you! I just read in Women's Health that they think Echinacea helps when you are getting a cold. Apparently, they had thought it didn't help but a new study found differently. Hope you are feeling better.

Gotta go shower!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_1.gif

Good morning cheetahs. Just a quicky post before I head out for the old 20 miler today:eek:

Christine- Hope this bug has lost it's grip on you! As a picky nurse though I'm compelled to tell you that if your symptoms are mostly GI it is definitely NOT a flu virus. Sorry about that.... you can roll your eyes at me!;-) Anyway.... feel better!

Jackie- Congrats on an awesome performance for your race there Road Warrior cheetah!!!! You really slayed those dang hills!!!

Cathy- Stretching is a great way to tackle a Monday, IMO. Hope the week is better for you!

Lorie- Wow, girl... you really smoke up that TM don't you:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wendy- Yikes, tell that nasty old cold virus to find another home!!!
I just had a rare bout with one myself. Hey, I thought your 10 mile accomplishment yesterday definitely deserved a little extra applause!
Sounds like you've got a great solid week planned out.

Judy- Why not a KB circuit???

Wendi- Glad to hear that back twinge is history!! Great job on the 5 miles today!

Okay, I'm outta here! I'll post later and let y'all know how I did.

ShellyC

I'm back for a minute to report that I did The Viper! and BC abs.

Shelly- Hmmm a KB circuit would be fun. There are some good KPC/L&G premixes. I forgot about them!

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Okay, sorry to bore you guys with another foot question. So, my arch does not hurt that much when I wake up but kinda hurts more as the day goes on. Also, I was feling it a bit at the beginning of my run then it went away but came back about 5 miles in. WTH?!?! I did wear the arch supports and they felt awesome!

It's not a big pain more like an ache. Hmmmm.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..so you like HST?...:)...thanks, I do think the Chi running is definitely helping. WOW..a 2nd marriage and your sis registers at Tiffany's http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/question.gif[/img] ..Enjoy yoga or a stretch this evening.

Lorie...I normally don't hate hill running, except for the fact that I have gotten so slow!! It was very nice to run some faster miles yesterday, made me realize I can do it...Good job on your run with Grace today! Your PF must be behaving.

Wendy...I was sneezing so much yesterday, I thought it might be a cold too. Airborne hopefully should help you..

Judy...thanks...:)...I was very happy with the time of the race yesterday. Don't you just love circuits...Way to go with Viper!!

Wendi...good job shaving off time with your 5 mile run. So glad the mysterious pain is gone. Thanks, it was very nice to finally get back some of my speed!

Shelly...thanks...I could not believe it when I saw the times...it has been a long time since I have done under a 9 minute mile for even intervals! Good luck with your 20 miler today. Let us know how it goes.

Christine...so sorry about the flu! Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Jackie...http://bestsmileys.com/signs15/11.gif[/img] on your race yesterday!! Shaving off 4 mins is awesome...:)..I bet you slept well last night. Thanks, it was nice to run faster, finally...

I love mondays as I am off work, my DH goes to work, and today I am getting a massage!!
I am planning on a BBC week. So it will be Joey today! BBC S&B and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Hey Carole. Yes, I think for the most part, my PF is behaving.

So, I saw that BBC is on sale at HSN for 20 bucks. Is it worth it? What's it like?

Lorie...yes, BBC for $20 is a great deal. The weight work is endurance based. Some different exercises, which I like. There is TM cardio and then cardio similar to P90X Plyometrics (if you are familiar with that). I didn't do much of the cardio but really enjoy the weight work and eye candy...Glad the PF is behaving, I wonder if the arch pain you are having is something else?

GRRRRR! Carole, you are a total enabler! I just finished ordering BBC! With shipping, it came to $24.95. Not bad, even if I just use it for weight workouts.

Not sure what's going on with my foot/arch. If it doesn't get better (or gets worse), I will find a podiatrist.

Lorie...to make you feel better BBC cost me $60!! So you got a much better deal! Seeing a podiatrist would be a good idea if the pain persists. Do you know any Physical Therapists? They can be brutal but usually are familiar with most sports related injuries...

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Funny with the subject this morning! :) Headache is gone this morning but the ol' legs are sore. Hope you have a nice stretch after work. Love a good stretch.

Lorie - Glad you had a fantastic run today! I think the same thing when Grace says she's right there with me. I wonder "why aren't you breathing hard like me then" - huh? Still love her though. You will enjoy BBC and all of the nice eye candy. :)

Wendy - Pull out the voodoo on that cold girl. Tell it to stay away. Really enjoyed the MickeyD's. DBF and I have made it a ritual now after my races. He has to get up so early to go with me. I really appreciate him. Workout plan looks good!

Judy - Yeah, Mondays are ok because they do lead to Fridays. :) Glad you had a good workout?

Wendi - Great run today! Yay for the back pain being gone!

Shelly - I was a little proud of myself yesterday for slaying those hills. I couldn't believe it. Did you run an extra 2 miles today?:p Hope you had a good run!

Carole - I did sleep well last night. Don't think I got up one time. Enjoy that massage. Think the massage Saturday helped with my allergies. They seem to have cleared up some and being outside all day didn't bother me that much. Makes me happy. I was thinking about pulling out BBC for my rotation next month. I'm bored again and don't know what I want to do. At least, with all of the running I won't have to think too hard.

Christine - Are you feeling better today?

Hello to all others.

Today's workout was Cuts & Curves and part of Core & More. Pretty good little workout today.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Jackie,

I totally agree!!! If Grrace was "right there with me", I would really hope she'd at least be breathing hard!!! Then again, she probably wouldn't. Gotta love her, though!

Hello cheetahs,
I am off to a late start today. I have been mopping floors and doing laundry,BLECH!!!! I had a 4 mile run yesterday and my speed is coming back. I did it in 35 minutes, which is good for me.

Today, I am going to do butts and gutts standing section and then karen voights ab and core pilates dvd. That dvd feels so good on that back and core.

Okay, so I did Kickbox xtreme on Saturday. I was really suprised and how choreographed it was and how fast it was. It definitley is non stop movement, but a tad bit hard to follow. I really enjoyed the bursts after each section and I liked her energy and music. I think after I do it a few more times I will love it! I like the fact that it is a long workout, but you definitley have to pay attention or you will get totally lost. It is nice to have a new kickboxing workout. It is definitley advanced. So, I would say I am definitley happy I got it and I like that I have something to master.

I am NOT going to buy anymore halloween candy, I SWEAR!!!!! Why I am struggling so much with this lately is beyond me. I think having my little one at school now has thrown me a bit. I find that I am looking for a treat after all the kids are gone. I am lucky that I have only gained a couple lbs, because I should be size of a lama}( Anyway ladies, I may need to go check in to a eating thread here, for goodness sake!

Well, I am off to do my leg work before Mariah Muffin gets home. Sorry about no personals. I will try to get my act together and get back for some personal time:)

Cheers!

Susan

Susan,

I am totally and hopelessly addicted to candy. Not really sweets, but candy. Malt balls, M&M's, gummy cherries...

Anyway, I did a clean eating challenge and didn't eat ANY sugar for 5 weeks. I was able to do it so I know I am not truly "addicted" but I definitely love my candy!

I am so with you!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.