Cheetahs... TGIF

Good morning ladies! It feels weird starting us out this morning.

I woke up this morning to the weatherman predicting 6-10 inches of snow for us today into tomorrow. YEAH! The snowfall I have been waiting for so I can go sledding with DD and DS.

Yesterday I went to see about new shoes during lunch. The running store doesn't have my size in stock. However, they should be getting my size in today or Saturday. I want to hold out on running my long run until I get the new shoes. Hopefully they will be in tomorrow.

Well, I need to get started working. WAVES to all my cheetah friends. I'll BBL!!

Hello ladies,

kristi- thanks for getting us started! oh i see you are looking forward to the snow so i how the prediction is correct.

christine- if you want kung fu kb is at deep discount dvd. very inexpensive and free shipping! you what i am doing when i get off cathe boards...i am heading over to the art of strength. thanks for the review!!!!

dallas- i will have alot of studying to do. if I can be good about it and feel ready there is a test on 5/3. i'll see if I feel ready for it by then. i am sure you will do great with ACE!

today's workout will be p90x back and biceps (never did it yesterday, weather was too nice so i decided to go shopping instead, lol) and another segment from Kung fu kickboxing!

ttyl....:)

christine- once i got to the website I couldn't remember if it was newport or firepower you recommended and I went with newport. now I see it was firepower. oh well i am sure anthony will not dissapoint with newport}( do you have newport?

cathy- thanks again for thinking of me. i hope your busy schedule lets up soon it's not the same without you:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks for checking in and your hugs, hope things smooth out a bit this weekend for you...:)

Kristi...that sounds fun sledding with your kids. I hope your shoes come in soon!!

Jackie..I did enjoy the speaker and was amazed at how many people showed up!! I am wondering if it changed anyone over to the vegan/vegetarian lifestyle...:)..Good workout yesterday...

Sunny..I hope you and the family have a nice B-Day breakfast Sat! I will try Mr Eraser on the walls...it worked great on my oven knobs and the microwave...:)..Good luck with your advance PT cert! Have fun doing your P90X workout..

Wendy...this kind of book is tough for enabling...but you can check it out at Amazon..The China Study by T Colin Campbell. I think PP/SS would be very good for a beginner as Jari could drive her nuts!!

Dallas...I am happy you read the book...DH is what I call a seasonal vegetarian...He does eat and cook and mostly vegan/vegetarian but during hunting season he does eat duck...yuk!! My sister's boss was there and said she and her DH were coming, I never saw them but she often gives me flack in a way about my being vegetarian...

Christine...I wish you could have joined me last night too...it was a good talk and I got him to sign my book too...:)..Glad to hear DD18 is feeling better. I can only imagine some of the stress you are feeling right now..sounds like you enjoyed Firepower...:)

I am doing Amy's Slo mo legs (using less weight for freestyle) abs and 30-40 min on my EXT..

Have a great day...:)

Happy Friday all!

I’m soo looking forward to the weekend and the nice long hike with Jimmy tomorrow! Today is some sort of cardio – not sure what, though. I’ll figure it out. Edited to add - I think I'm going to take a rest day. I'm tired and feeling pretty beaten up from Firepower }( so a rest day would be a good thing. Besides, it's my cheat day. :p

Cathy – hope you can keep your head above water! I’m thinking of you! We’ll miss your witty posts, but we understand!

Kristi – Hope you get all of the snow forecasted! Enjoy sledding!

Sunny – you won’t regret AOS Firepower! I woke up in the middle of the night coughing (allergies – a Clarinex tablet took care of it) and realized the muscles around my clavicles were sore – I never had soreness there before. Too funny. Thanks for the info about Kung Fu! I’m trotting over there to check it out! I don’t have Newport yet. I can’t wait to see what you think. That’s the one he filmed after his cancer treatment. It’s supposed to be the toughest of them all! I’m sure you’ll love it! I did Firepower twice through with no problems – it was tough but doable – I’m sure Newport will be just as fun.

Happy Friday all!

Carole - you snuck in there on me! Glad you had a good evening last night and got him to sign your book!! You're making me want a Mr. Clean Eraser. I might pick one up over the weekend. Thanks!

Morning Ladies!

Drive by post....I did B&G and P90X -L&B, alternating B&G standing leg work w/P90X back exercises. It worked out perfectly. I kept the P90X DVD playing on my laptop while doing Cathe's legs. I only had to back up P90X once. I even added Tony's calves when Cathe went to floor work. I think thats the way I'll do it - for now anyway. :) I'm meeting my friends at the stairs after dropping DS at preschool. Hope my legs won't fail me. }( Normally, I don't work legs on stair days, but hadn't worked on them this week.

Have great days and workouts everyone!

~TTFN

ETA: Oh, love the elliptical. I did an interval workout for about 45 minutes y-day. :)

Sunny ~ You'll do great! Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Cathy ~ Glad you popped in...was getting worried about you!
Carole ~ IA yuk on the duck!
Christine ~ Firepower sounds awesome!}(
Kristi ~ Have fun in the snow! I'm just happy it's not here. ;-)

I'll come back for the rest of the personals...I've got to scoot!

Good morning cheetahs! My posts are starting to get a tad erratic and will likely continue I'm afraid. There just aren't enough hours in the day lately! I've pretty much finished packing up the library and started painting the room yesterday:) Got in a good workout with PP double UB and really went heavy and Amy's HLD.
There was a front page article yesterday in my local paper about how bad the flu has hit the hospital nursing staff! Y'all know how I've been complaining about how rough my job has been lately. We have been swamped with sick calls and nurses out with injuries but it has nothing to do with the flu--- that was alot of horsesh*t. It is just plain exhaustion from a hospital that is ill prepared to meet up with the increases in patient acuity and numbers. This kind of covering your a$$ story makes me quite upset and does a disservice to the community having them think there is some kind of terribly virulent flu bug out there! Can't wait to give them my notice! Still no Pa license.... sigh.... going into town today so maybe it has arrived. On a lighter note DH and I have decided to not move our home gym with us. It is a large 8 station Universal and neither of us is up to the task of toting it on another move. Anyway, we found a great home for it. Rather then try to sell it we donated it to a local fire dept. They are very happy to receive it and I can write it off on next yrs tax return.

Whew... long winded today! For today I'll be doing an hour long iTread... not sure which one yet.... one that is more endurance based. And I'll get in a good leg workout... I'm thinking of doing PP and SS lower body segments.

I'll be back for personals.

ShellyC

Time for some quicky personals:7 :7

SunnyD- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! A tad belated I'm afraid but I hope you had a fantastic one:7 :7 I skimmed yesterdays posts and saw that you are going for a NASM cert. That is a primo one!! I still plan on completing the study for ASCM once I'm settled with this moving business!

Carole- I was planning on visiting Amazon.com when I'm thru here to check out NROWL4W so I think I'll check out the China Study... actually I'm hoping Jerry will check it out. I eat very little meat anyway but dont go totally veggy cuz of him. Have a great day with Amy's slo mo.

Jackie- Hiya!! When I do the #13 and 19 Isprints I get in 7 miles but crazy me doesn't walk during the breaks... I just slow down the run. Are you getting packed yet for your move to the new home?

Wendy- A 6 month abstention from Target? Why am I having a hard time believing this? I'm going to check out NRFWL4W today BTW.

Kristi- Glad you are getting some snow to play in!! Just in time for the weekend too.

Chrstine- Have an awesome rest a cheat day. With your workouts lately you certainly deserve it!

Dallas- Interesting workout there with B&g and P90X!!

Time to get moving here...
Hi Lorie,Wendi, Judy and Lori!

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs!

Sunny - Sounds like you got some nice gifts for your BD. Enjoy that wonderful breakfast. Good luck with the new PT cert. IA that Chalene doesn't look like a hardcore weight person.

Wendy - Do they know you by name at Target? :) Guess you have to keep going back until you get it right. They're beginning to remember me at Lowe's I've been in there so much over the past month. I predict you will be back in there within the next week.

Dallas - That Yoga X is definitely too long. I've done the entire workout once. I use it in 30 minute increments when I do it. Can't wait to hear how you like your elliptical. Which one did you choose?

Kristi - How was bunko? That's one game I've never played but heard it was lots of fun. So, are you looking forward to all that snow? We have some in the forecast too. I need to go to the grocery store but hate it when snow is predicted. It's usually crowded. Hope the new shoes comes in.

Christine - I wore my skort and a running skirt when I did the Road Race Series. I really love those things. They allow air to circulate if you know what I mean. Wow, 5 hours to drive 60 miles! We can be in many a cities in that length of time. :) Sorry about the boss scheduling the party at such a bad time. Doesn't sound like he took your feelings into consideration. Understand how you feel about working with people all day and then having to spend some of your evening with them too. Enjoy your rest day.

Cathy - You know you're missed when you don't post. But, we understand and glad you're ok.

Carole - Glad the speaker lived up to his reputation. I've been talking to quite a few people lately who are trying to give up eating meat and realizing how much better it makes them feel. Enjoy your workout.

Shelly - Post when you can. We know what you have ahead of you. Sounds like you're making some progress. I need to be packing up stuff myself but can't seem to find the motivation for that yet. I'm glad you found a good home for that home gym. Bet the Fire Dept. will appreciate it.

I did GS BSB 36 minute Timesaver premix and Core Max 2. I chose this one because I was short on time but don't feel really worked out. I'll have to keep this in mind in the future.

Gotta get to work. Have a fab Friday!

Jackie

Hello Again!

Boy, is it quite here! Where is everyone??? We did the stairs for an hour and I had the highest calorie burn yet (close to 500 calories). :) I forgot about ARX, so I may tack that on tomorrow if I'm not too sore.}( I still do some sort of mini stretch. I stretched out by the stairs for 10 minutes too.

Jackie ~ IA about the GS BSB timesaver workout, in the not feeling worked out part. More house stuff this weekend? I bet you can't wait until it's all done. I remember not wanting to see or look at one more thing related to a house. :+

Shelly ~ Sorry work is such a drag, at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel, right? I bet the fire dept will really appreciate that equipment. Looks like you're still getting in some great workouts! We know you're out there, and we love to chat when you can. :) You, Cathy and Lorie have a lot going on right now. Hope your PA license is in the mail today.

Well, I have massive amounts of errands to run. Now I get to play catch up from everyone being sick. I hear there's close to a week in between each family member catching this thing. OH NO! There's 3 of us left. I'm putting the shield over our house now. :+ :p Of course, maybe I need to air our house out!

Hi to any Cheetahs who check in later!

Dallas – Sounds like a great workout, as usual! I’m totally impressed if you can run stairs, too! WOW! Glad you love your EXT!

Shelly – that is bad that the newspaper is buying into the hype the hospital is feeding it! I hope your PA License comes soon so you have more tangible evidence that you will be out of that mess soon! Great idea to donate your gym to a fire department. Such a great home, and a nice tax right off for you! Don’t worry about your posts, sweetie. Post when you can. We always love hearing from you.

Jackie – Oh, I do know what you mean about circulation and the skorts. The roads in India are a mess – 2 lane with every sort of vehicle you can imagine – from cars, to mopeds, bikes, rickshaws, mules, horses, water buffalo carts, the occasional camel or elephant as well! And that’s not mentioning the stray animals who wander on to the streets, and the people who simply stand there. It’s amazing, actually. I really like the timesavers on the GS series – they are great. Glad you enjoyed!

Well, my official weigh in was today, and I’m down a total of 14 pounds. Yeah! I’ve been eating really well and working out pretty hard, so I guess it all adds up! While I don’t credit the kettlebells for the actual weight loss (I think I would have accomplished the same weight loss with circuits), I do have to credit them with the fact that my muffin top is seriously vanishing. I have on my Lucky’s with a form fitting black t-shirt and a sweatshirt and my back, which has been my biggest problem area, is nicely sloped and not puffing out anywhere! I still have a small poof on my sides, but I’ll bet only I would notice it. I’m so excited – these are my low cut Lucky’s!

shelly- thanks for the bday wishes. i hope your PA license comes in quickly.

dallas- great workout today! i can't wait for the weather to warm up a little and then i am hitting the stairs. how is the studying coming along?

christine- is newport the hardest one or firepower? Congratulations on your weightloss! I bet you are one sexy chica:D . still got my fingers crossed for dmil. another reason to love da' bells!!

carole- enjoy your leg workout today. do you see alot of benefits from the freestyle training?

jackie- when we first moved into our home we visited lowes and home depot alot. haven't been there in a little while. i hope you are at least having fun shopping for your new home. yea, i can't wait for my breakfast this weekend!!

Thanks Dallas and Sunny!

Dallas - wow! Climbing stairs for an hour? I'm wilting over here just thinking about it! Great job! Enjoy your errands!

Sunny - Newport is the toughest of them all, which is why I got Firepower first, but I don't think the degree of toughness is as high between Firepower and Newport as it is between Providence and Firepower - if that makes sense. Yep, another reason to love da bells! I agree!

Good Afternoon Cheetahs!

I'm waaay late for my first appearance here today, huh? LOL I was up at 6am and could have started the thread but I am so darned paranoid about not seeing one already started that I wouldn't do it! :p As it turns out, ofcourse, the day I refuse to start one I was right and COULD have done it! Oh well! :7

I was in work at 8am and then home to do lots of housework and then my work out. Now everything is done so here I am chillaxin' with my recovery drink before I hit the showers. :)

So I found a half marathon to do!!! I just signed up for it a few minutes ago! It's local to me (maybe a 30 min drive) at the beginning of May! YAY!:+ Anyone want to do it with me? :) This is really cool cause I have the 10 miler at the end of this month that will serve as a training run for the half which is basically a month later! Then I bascially have 6 months to plan/train for the 18 mile race in October. YIKES! Somebody stop me!:7

Alright, DH just came home. He's hungry and I still need to shower. I think we'll be ordering in tonight. I have to go foodshopping so there's not much in the house. That's on tap for the morning.

BBL for personals for sure!:+

Hi all! Just a quick hello...I will catch up and do personals in the AM. Tonight I need to just VEG. Completely. :)

Wendy :: no half for me as early as May but keep me in mind for the future. I thought of you and Shelly as I rec'd the Pine Beach reg form in today's mail. BTW, would you consider a trip to VT the last weekend in March rather than a later GTG? I still have the fever to get up there, and I think this year the spring skiing'll be decent.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Hey Cathy!

The last weekend in March I not only have my 10 mile race on Sunday but also a family party in NY state on Saturday! Otherwise I would have considered it for sure! :-(

I recently got the Pine Beach form and thought of you and Shelly too! LOL

I was thinkin' of doing the 5 mile George Sheehan Classic this year. That's the other race that Shelly did that we didn't go to. That's right around the corner from me so I don't know if you'll want to drive that far but the offer is out there if you are interested. :)

Happy Vegging!:)

Hey Cheetahs!

Just wanted to share my dinner story for tonight with y'all. It was quite eventful. LOL

DH came home from work today and had to leave the house between 6:15 and 6:30 to go bowling (he's subbing tonight) so we decided to order pizza. He ordered at 5:30 from a place we use alot that is quick! They told him 30 minutes. The pizza did not show up until 7pm and I never got a phone call as to what the problem was! So guess what!?! I sent the guy away still carrying the pizza! I actually would have just taken it but DH was longgone and was eat at the alley and Joey and I had just finished eating cause we were starving and couldn't wait any longer!!!! I called the pizza place after he left and told them what happened. They claim they never would have told DH 30 minutes because it's a friday night w/bad weather (rain). Well someone DID tell him 30 mins! He has no reason to lie! If they'd have told him anything but he would have told them nevermind cause he KNEW he didn't have that much time! About 10-15 mins after I hung up with them my doorbell rang again...I ignored it. The delivery guy was upset w/me when I sent him packing. Perhaps he thought he'd get blamed?? I don't know but I was afraid he was coming back to shoot me!:p I say that as a joke but goodness only knows in today's world! People are crazy/scarey! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.