:::: CHEETAHS :::: TGIF, 1/19 - T-shirt orderin' time!!...

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Gooood morning & happy Friday, cheetahs!! :)

Despite waking up ridiculously early, I'm feeling well-rested and glad I didn't force myself to work out last night. There'da been no steam to put into it. (Christine, thanks for the yoga idea...I didn't think of that. At that point, I think I just had designs on the couch! *lol*) But this afternoon I vow to work like the cheetah beast I can be! It'll be a run + PUB.

T-shirt update
We now have 12 orders...We need 3 more shirts to be able to place an order at the price quote given.

Remember, please DO NOT send a check or funds via PayPal until I place the order with the company. If we have more (or less) than 15 shirts ordered, the price is subject to change.

For anyone just dropping in after an absence, we are ordering black wicking cheetah T-shirts...The cost is $21 for the shirt + shipping. (ETA: This *includes* shipping.) Sizes tend to run big. For the company's sizing info: http://www.customink.com/items/sizing/99100_lineup/standard.htm

The logo will look like this (but with white lettering), and will be in the upper left chest area.

http://mylalclass.com/cathescheetahs.jpg

To order, PM me with your size, # of shirts you'll need, and your mailing address.

Have a great day, ladies! Will be back later.
Cathy :)

TGIF cheetahs!!

well looks like this week will be a bust for me as far as working out. i believe my body was craving a break. because yesterday, i got up and dressed but just couldn't shake the grogginess off enough to workout. it's the end of TTOM (thank goodness), so i should be back to normal. i will resume working out tomorrow via my first group run. i am so excited to be able to join the group!!

last night while at the gym i noticed a lady doing bulgerian squats incorrectly. so i went over and helped her with her form. when i was leaving the person at the front desk stopped me and said there was a lady you corrected today and she left her name and # for you. she wants you to call her to purchase some personal training sessions with you. i was stunned and elated at the same time!!!

dh- gave me the extra push i needed to stick to my clean eating and working out. he booked a 7 day cruise in april to celebrate our anniversary! wooooohoooooooo!!! now i have to got to stick to my regime so i can look good in my bathing suit}( :)

cathy- you have my order. please let me know if you need anything else.

kristi- i am so happy you had an awesome run and you are feeling great.

wendy- you are kickin' butt with p90x. makes me wanna dust mine off and get busy:p

karen- sorry about the woman's stupid comment. it's unfortunate in this day people can't be more accepting of others.

have a great friday everyone!!

RE: :::: CHEETAHS :::: TGIF, 1/19 - T-shirt orderin' ti...

By the way, Susan, I don't know if you caught my question last night about the HRM. Anyone have any recommendations? Should I buy a stand-alone or should I just upgrade my Garmin? But then again, the Garmin would only work *outside.* Hmmm...any advice would be appreciated!

Sunny :: yes, got it - thanks! :)

cathy- yes the garmin as far as pace and distance only works outside but the heart rate monitor still works inside. I have the 301 garmin and love it. But the garmins are also expensive. You could pick up a cheaper heart rate monitor. I PM you about the shirts, I forgot to give my address but will send that to you also. Thanks!

I did the elliptical at the YMCA lastnight and it said for me to be in wt loss zone I needed to go way slower than I would think. I didnt feel like I was really working. It dropped my heart rate way down to 114 for it to be in the wt loss zone. According to that I am working way to hard and out of my zone the other days that I work out. will this hinder me losing wt? I felt like I wasnt really doing anything. any advice?

we have a 2 hr delay because of our first real snow today. I will have to run on the treadmill while the kiddies sleep in order to get my workout in today. I am also gonna do arms and shldrs from p90x. I always feel like my arms are so much tighter after doing that one!!

talk with ya all later!

Hi - just a quick note, gotta get in the shower and off to work.

Cathy - I PM'd you on the shirt :) ;-)

Hi to everyone - very busy week, I'll be back on later this morning after I get to work and sift through my huge inbox. :-(

Marcia.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I use other HRM's for my inside cardio. You can get a fairly good deal here www.heartratemonitorsusa.com I have 3 others and they are all Polars which I would recommend.

Sunny...sounds like your PT job is really going well!!! Yes, I think a cruise is very good incentive...:)...what a great thing to look forward to.

Laura...I have never really believed in the "fat burning" theory of having your HR so low. I honestly think it is more for the beginning exerciser. The thing that usually burns fat the best is interval training and you can do that on any machine besides running. I think P90X S&A will give you great results!

Marcia...have fun sifting thru your inbox.

Judy...have a fun snowy run. Be careful on the roads.

The B&G premix was awesome!! I so thought I'd be doing those slow motion lunges twice! The Firewalkers (with the purple band) were real burners! And how many walking lunges are there!!...I do have some nice DOMS.

Today will be GS Back, MM shoulders and a 4 mile run in new shoes!

I go back to yesterdays thread and read some more...

a bit more...

Susan...that is great you are getting results with B&G. I am hoping to see more results too as my eating is better. I like the smileys too.

Judy..I do think sprints on a TM would cause some DOMS in the glutes as compared to sprints on the road.

Wendy...sounds like a tough Spin class. I think a SAHM is a truly great idea...:)..I have found I feel good after a short (15 min) nap, but any longer and I feel drained.

Karen...I think you should speak your mind, I would have. I was so happy to loose one of my clients as she shocked the hell out of me with a racist comment about blacks. I was floored. But glad she left. I also would have enjoyed listening to the Black Panther man's stories...:)..And yes...I do have some DOMS!! How are the temps looking for your race this weekend?

Christine...I do get the hunger pangs like that once in a while. Are you getting in enough water too? Now at least I grab a protein bar instead of a bag of chips! The software for the Garmin is neccesary as it updates the actual garmin watch when needed. It really shows alot of things, and you can set 3 different screens you can scroll thru during your run.

Shelly...always glad to hear you are feeling good after the marathon. Yes, you have to try that premix! I will run in new shoes today so hoping the ITB does not give me any trouble, so far, so good.

Cathy...I don't mind running in just tights. But my 2 pair are from Road Runner Sports and I have had them forever. I enjoyed the blast...thanks to you and Wendy!! I have created some workout sheets in Excel...but I am still easily confused there! That is kinda bizarre that a computer class does not have step by step instructions. Good job on getting your worked almost finished and listening to your body via Kramer...:)

Morning cheetahs! I ended up with CF yesterday and it killed me! I think it was due to the BM2 the day before but I made it! Yay! Today is DM for me. I need the weight work plus I just love the circuits. ok happy friday all!

SunnyD, It is always good to have a break. I seem to be more revved up after a break. Like this week for ex. I had been kind of slow and draggy last week from being sick the week before. Now I am back to fighting form. Good job on the PT.

Cathy, I got a polar HRM for xmas and I reAlly like it. I got it instead of a garmin because I thought it looked better for my goals anyway. I am not really any kind of expert on them though.;)

Laura, I have the same problem with the HRM. If I stay in the zone it tells me, I also feel like I am not getting much of a w/out. Maybe some in the know cheetah can tell us what we need to know!:) Enjoy the delay and tm run! We had a bit of snow this morning but not much to write home about.

Marcia, Have a great day and try not to work too hard on friday!

Judy, enjoy your snowy run and be careful! I have not run in the snow in years. I stay on the TM because I know that i would fall.

Carole, There are too many walking lunges to count!!! But isn't that w/out great? I think I like it better than the regular B&G. Enjoy your w/out and the new shoes!

Everyone have a great day!
LD

Good Morning. I'm so behind. I have to jump in the shower and then head off to a playdate for the girls. So today I did a junk run of 3 miles. This is for me 6.5 mph where I can talk and not die. Then I did 40 min of yoga.

Carole- I think my tempos are coming along. I have done a few of Sarah's (imafitness) old runs. So I know if I can do those I am on my way. I'm serectly wanting under 24 minutes.Even if it's 23:59. My last 5k time was 24:38 but that was in nice weather. I am just happy to have the running bug with me again. Injury free.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Back for a quick check in...

KarenVictoria- Best of luck on making your time. 6.5 pace is more than respectable in IMO :)

Cathy- I have never used a HRM except on my elliptical and bike. Sometimes I do wonder how I am doing on outside runs.

Laura-I believe those HR suggestions are based on estimates, and there is a way to calculate your best zone if you know your resting hear rate. I think the Cardio Coach web site can help you there. I generally do not keep my HR in the WL zone, because I don't have much percieved exertion in those ranges.

HI Wendy and Marcia

Well I did the snowy 6 mile run. It was more slippery than we anticipated but we went slower and were very careful. At least tomorow I can do the elliptical !

Carole- new shoes! :7 That blast sounds tough. Perhaps I'll have to do some pre mixof B&G after the elliptical tomorrow, becasue then I can reston Sunday! LOL!... (OT I'm not sure I like these gel nails. I will give them another few appointments . They don't seem as durable; I'll need to be more careful.)

Ok, my Crosby (kitten) is sitting on my hand now begging for attention...

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Karen- can you share those workouts of sarah's for tempo runs on the treadmill? I did the treadmill for an hour today. I threw in a couple of intervals-3 at 8:30 minute pace for 2 minutes each and then 2 at 7:30 pace for 2-2 1/2 minutes each. I am hoping to drop my 5k times down also. You are much faster than me already though. My best time is 26 flat. I would love to get down to 25 min. I dont know if I can shave 1 minute off my time or not though. My sister in law did 2 fast miles runs once a week and in just a month she dropped from 26:09 to 24:18. Some people just get lucky I guess. The previous year her best time and she only did this once was 25:15 but the 26 + was her best time last year until the 24+. I have worked and worked at doing tempo's,intervals whatever and havent had the success she has but I do have asthma and this hinders my progress which ticks me off!! I know physically I can do it but the faster I go the harder it is with the breathing and sustaining it for the distance.I wont give up though. But I envy your times!!!great job!

carole and judy- thanks! I was thinking man if I slow down that much I will lose all that I have worked so hard to achieve. But then I have read some people's posts saying that training in their heart rate zone has helped their performance. I already feel like I have lost some of my running performance as I am running slower the past few months. I am hoping to atleast get back to running the pace I was earlier last year and feel good doing it.

thanks for your help!

Good morning all! I'm barely feeling any soreness at all today:)
This will make it very difficult for me to stick to my resolve of no running for 3 weeks.... bad Shelly.....bad thoughtsx( I want you cheetahs to help me and hold me accountable! If I start to talk about running slap some sense in me!!!

Cathy- You definitely needed the rest yesterday and I'm glad you gave your body what it needed. You'll be ready now for your PUB and a run.

SunnyD- A group run for you? How nice! I'd love to do that but I have to drive 30-40 minutes to get to the local running group meet spot and they meet at 0545x( Wow... how sweet of your DH to arrange an anniversary cruise!!!! Let us know how your run goes....
I bet even with taking the last week off you'll be way ahead of them fitness wise:)

Laura- I've never been much of a believer in basing workouts and runs on HR. I know alot of people swear by them but I prefer to go by perceived level of exertion and like Carole I really believe particularly in interval training. Go with what feels right.... and you sound like your doing fabulously. Keep up the good work!

Judy- Our winter weather running expert!!! I don't know how you do it :eek: I hope you're giving Crosby some nice petting attention :7

Carole- What shoes did you get? Did you get anything different this time? I could kick myself in that regard. At the marathon expo they had some really great deals on running shoes and I talked myself out of itx( You can never have enough good running shoes!

LD- Okay, so you did BM2, then CF and today DM??? Wooohooo you're my kind of girl! I'm a huge fan of DM in particular. I think this is Cathy's masterpiece workout.

Karen- There is junk food but no such thing as a junk run!!! A run at an "easy" pace is just as valuable in your training as the tempo runs. I know that with every race we secretly hope that we PR but honestly if this is your first race post injury I hope you can relax and just run it for fun. I think you'd be much better off just getting the feel of it again. Is your race on Sunday?

Okay, time to get moving. Today will be Kickmax :7 Later I'll hope on the elliptical for an hour or so! Take care all!

ShellyC

Ooooh, I was a BAD girl last night, and I enjoyed every moment of it (until 3AM when I woke up from a dream that included a NASCAR race where every lap you had to pull into this old guy’s driveway and fill up a bucket of water with a garden hose – and realized that I was that dehydrated!). DH’s boss took us out last night to Alexander’s – an incredible steak house. We started the evening with champagne and cavier and ended with a fine port. In between there was Pinot Noir and nicely aged steak and potatoes and salads. I ate too much, drank too much and did not manage a workout this morning – but I will do an iCycle at the gym this afternoon. The good news is that I was really good the rest of the day, so when I stepped on the scale I was the same as before!

Cathy – I’m waiting with baited breath (I’m eating a bagel with lox – so that may actually be a true statement right now) for the totals so I can send you some money. Enjoy the Cheetah Beast within – and your PUB AND a run! Sounds like a time! I found your question on the HRM interesting as I have the opposite dilemma – I have a good HRM, but I trying to decide if I should get the Garmin with everything, or go for the cheapest one and wear two watches … Which I’m thinking would drive me crazy – I don’t know…

Sunny – I was grinning ear-to-ear when I read about your new client at the gym! What a great story! You should be darned proud of yourself! Enjoy your workout – it’s okay to go without one for a bit – no worries.

Laura – there is no such thing as the weight loss zone – it’s an urban legend. If you work at the upper end of your HR range, you’ll do the best. Enjoy you run and your P90X workout!

Marcia – Enjoy your run and your busy day!

Judy – good luck on your snowy run!! You are much more woman than I am!! Glad to hear you survived!

Carole – glad you liked the leg blast premix! It’s fun, isn’t it? I like leg workouts like that one. I’ll buy a Garmin when I get some money put aside. Christmas really depleted me!

LD – sounds like you’re having a great time with the new workouts! I enjoy those as well!

Karen – Junk Run? Interesting term! Enjoy! Sarah had some great tempo runs!

Shelly – I’m so impressed that you’re not even sore any more! But, honey – you need to rest that foot so you don’t really break it and won’t be able to walk on it for weeks, let alone run. Be a good girl and stick to low impact, even if you’re chomping at the bit. And girl can never have too many shoes. Of course, several pair have to be running shoes, though – that goes without saying!!

Well, I guess I’d better get back to work. Ick… TGIF!!! Have a great day all!

Hello everyone,
I am finally getting to sit down and post. It has been a busy morning. I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 45 minutes and then stretched and then I went to get my massage and then I had to pick up my little one. I am glad to be resting a bit now(LOL)!

Cathy, I love having a heart rate monitor. So many time I think I am working my hardest and I look and realize I am not and have to kick it up a notch, especially on the machines. I got mine at Target and it is a polar f4. It is very simple to use and it has the chest strap and it is very accurate. I take my own pulse with my 2 fingers to compare it and it is always right on track. I also like to know which workouts burn more calories than others. I would highly recommend it. My cost about 80.00.

Sunnydelite, nothing like bringing the old bathing suit out for motivation to clean up the eating. How exciting for you going on a cruise.

Laura, enjoy your treadmill workout!

Marcia, don't you hate having not time to post.

Judy, good for you for not being a wimp in the snowy weather}(

Carole, hope your new shoes break in quickly. I love the firwewalkers in butts and gutts and I love the one legged lunges. I actually use a 8lber for those}(

LD, I really like CF. It definitley is huge calorie burner.

Karenvictoria, sounds like a great workout. I love doing yoga after a run or some form of cardio. Have you tried Eionn Finn. He is Bryans protege.

Shelly, you crazy cheetah!!!! An hour on the elliptical AND Kickmax? You are my kind of gal. How is the groin treating you?

Christine, I posted a message last night to you, check it out:) It sounds like you had a great time last night. I am always amazed what our bodies let us get away with in terms of food. I really should weigh about 200lbs with the amount of crap I eat sometimes(LOL)!

Well, I think that is everyone. Hi to Elaine. We MISS you!!! I hope you are doing well.

Talk to you silly gals later!

Susan

Hola, cheetahs!

I thought I was going to have bloodwork done tomorrow, and so I wanted to get in my workout fairly quickly after school, but then I discovered you need an appt. on Saturdays (DOH!), so now I don’t know WHAT I’m gonna do about the bloodwork, but at least I don’t have to fast…yay! My run later will be on the TM followed by PUB.

Sunny ::: I meant to ask you…what does a Bulgarian squat look like? And where are you going on your cruise?? Good goin’, DH!! :)

Laura ::: Good to know about the Garmin. I do have the 201 (no HRM), so I’m thinking about upgrading. If so, I think it makes sense to go for the 305. I’m glad you asked that question about working in the fat loss zone…I have never paid attention to that sort of thing before, but if it's gonna help me lose the fat, I need to get on board.

Marcia ::: hope you got through that inbox!

Carole ::: thanks for the HRM site! I’m going to go check that out as soon I as post. Is there a specific Polar you like best? Thanks for the info on fatburning. What, then, is the HR info most useful for? And how often would you recommend intervals for someone trying to lose fat? TIA for any insight! I am clueless on heart rate training. Hope you had a great run in the new kicks! I find that new gear usually puts a fresh spring in my step! Glad you liked the blast…it sure is a helluva workout! My favorite tights used to be Speedo, but the only store they had around here closed some years ago. Now I have UA or Nike.

LD :: DM after CF after BM2 sounds like it’ll put a hurtin’ on ya! WTG on some back-to-back intense workouts! Good to hear, too, that you’re back to your ol’ form.

Karen ::: a junk run @ 6.5 mph?? Where you can talk??? Holy smokes! You are a *true* cheetah, woman! *lol* A sub-24 5K sounds doable. Fingers crossed you’ll have agreeable weather!

Judy ::: glad you seemed to enjoy your run in the snow! I haven’t been in the mood to run in the wind and cold, so I give you props for braving the elements!

Shelly ::: OK, we’ll keep you in check! NO RUNNING!!! Appreciated hearing your thoughts, too, on the HRM. I suppose I need to read up on it more to determine if this something I really *need* and what exactly I would be using it for. Enjoy KM! I just did the timesaver the other day, and it was not as intense as I remembered.

Christine ::: sounds like a great night! I have plans to eat at Outback tomorrow, so I’m salivating for a nice, juicy steak myself (sorry to the vegans!) I’m not sure we have the opposite problem, actually. I have a Garmin but only the 201…with no HRM. So do I get the HRM and wear two watches, or do I get the Garmin 305 which has it all??? After reading the different opinions, I’m not even sure I need the HRM at all. On the other hand, it measures calories, too, right? UGH! Decisions!

Susan ::: thank you for sharing the info & recommendation. Polar seems to be popular. I think if I do go for a HRM, I might like one without the chest strap. I carry so much paraphernalia (iPod, pepper spray, and Garmin) that I probably shouldn’t add one more contraption to the picture! :) I get kind of fussy about things that are constricting – ex: I don’t wear a whole lot of jewelry…And I can’t stand turtlenecks anymore…By the end of the day, I’m clawing at my neck!

So, where is Wendy today? Laurie, Elaine, and Barb have also been MIA lately.

BTW, we are up to 14 shirts at this point. I will hold off on placing the order til sometime tomorrow…or do you guys think we should wait until some of the “regulars” stop by again?

Me again. I just came back to say my principal rocks! He gave me the go-ahead to get the bloodwork done on Monday even though it'll make me a little late to school.

:) :) :)

Cathy

Susan- I have never tried Eionn at all. Is he on the same order as Bryan with his style? I don't like Baron to much but I have done him. If you think he is worth checking out let me know. I'm going to look for him now.

Sarah actually coined the phrase Junk Run to me in an eamil. I use to laugh becasue her junk runs were like 4-5 miles. It just stuck and now I say it all the time.

Laura- Here is Sarah's Interval run

Warm up 5 min
7 mph 4 min
5 mph 1 min
7 mph 4 min
7.5 mph 3 min
5 mph 1 min
7.5 mph 3 min
8 mph 2 min
5 mph 1 min
8 mph 2 min
5 mph 1 min
8 mph 2 min
5 mph 1 min
Cool Down about 5 min

this is a 35 min run.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.