::: CHEETAHS ::: Sun., 11/19

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Catchin' up from last night's posts...

Laurie :: Woo-hoo!! A coffee date! SO exciting. I’m really happy for you. He sounds like a great guy. I know what you mean about that giddy feeling. Enjoy it! Can’t wait to hear all about your date.

Carole :: I can’t imagine not supporting & accommodating a vegetarian family member (or any guest). That stinks! But it’s surprising how many people judge others for that, which is silly -- how does someone else’s eating preferences affect you?? Live and let live, people. One of my cousins is vegan, and my other cousins (all guys) have busted on him relentlessly through the years. I never understood it.

Jess :: oh no, what a nightmare!! How bad is the damage to the bumper? Hopefully not too bad. Well, there might not seem like there’s a *bright* side to that story, but at least you and your mom were there to witness it. So often people just take off in situations like that. Sounds like it was a Murphy’s Law kind of day between that, the meds, and the roadkill! Hope today is better.

I forgot to report that I ran 6.84 miles yesterday – Wendy, it so happens I upped my mileage by accident by getting lost – DOH! *lol* Anyway, it was a good run and I followed it up with GS BSB as planned. My achilles is a little tender, though – don’t think I stretched well enough yesterday. So I’m not sure what I’m planning for today. Maybe one of the new workouts. Right now I’m still half comatose. Don’t even ask why I’m up this early on a Sunday.

For those cheetahs who might not have caught yesterday’s thread: if you are interested in doing a **HOLIDAY CARD EXCHANGE** please PM your mailing address (and let me know if you celebrate something other than Christmas). I have several cheetahs’ addresses already and am compiling a master list I’ll send out to the interested folks by the end of this week.

-Cathy :)

Hey Ladies.

It just occurred to me that I never posted her y'day!!!:eek: I couldn't believe it! LOL

I ended up blowing off my work out and was out of the house for a lot of the day so I guess that didn't help. So now that I took 2 rest days (for no good reason)and managed to eat HORRIBLY during BOTH of them and have probably done myself a bit o' harm, I am going running this morning with my friend in the park so that will help. :)

Cathy: That's so funny that you upped your mileage by accident right after I asked you about it! So are you going to go for 7 miles now that you are sooo close or continue to keep it around 6? }(

Sunny: Girlfriend, I am sooo sorry that I wasn't around to congratulate you y'day! You did FANTASTIC! ^5's and welcome to the racing bug club! LOL }(

Carole: I will probably get P90X this week. I am not going to do a rotation right away though. I will read everything, preview the work outs and just put some of the work outs in my rotation to get a feel for them. If I think I'll like it then I'll keep it and start an actual rotation in January. :)

Laurie: I can't wait to hear how your date went! I remember LOVING the highschool girl nervous/giddy feeling of first dates! :D

Jess: OMG, I'm so sorry about your new van! That stinks sooo bad! The meds thing is just ridiculous as well! What a day! Gosh, I hope the remainder of it was better for you!

So I went out shopping y'day w/DH and bought a New Year's eve dress. It's a sparkly red dress. It's so cute and it looks really good on me. YEAY! I already had shoes that work with it, believe it or not! The shoes from my wedding are the type with the clear band that goes over the toe and it's lined with a row of crystals (more sparkly) and the rest of the shoe is a silvery color. It works well with the dress! I'm so excited. :+

I don't know how far we will run this morning. I also have a TM on tap for tomorrow. I was originally going to run Y'DAY and Monday but when I found out my friend could join me today I changed it so whatever we do today, I will do the opposite tomorrow. If we run 3 miles or less today I will go 4+ tmrw and vice versa. After tomorrow there is no more running on my schedule until the race on Friday.

Well, that's all for now, Cheetahs!

BBL!:*

enjoy your date Laurie!!

carole- I read the other day about john having another surgery, I will think good thoughts for him to come out with flying colors and that things will turn out better this time!as far as your eating,can you believe people. Its your preference and others should respect that.

I managed to run a little over 3 miles on saturday and 5.35 on sunday with my friend . I might run again today or do the elliptical, havent decided yet. cant wait until class tomorrow night. I am always excited about teaching it!! I never wished for monday to come before, how weird is that?

I might do ab ripper today as well. that banana , superman exercise is hard. how did you guys conquer that one?

talk with everyone later!

>I might do ab ripper today as well. that banana , superman
>exercise is hard. how did you guys conquer that one?
>
>talk with everyone later!

Ok Laura...now you've got me shakin'...what the heck kind of exercise is a banana??? LOL

Good Morning Ladies:) I woke to see everything has a light dusting of snow on it this morning, it looks kinda pretty. I think I'll do GS BSB this a.m. but I'm not sure what I'll do for cardio. I can't go running until I get new shoes and I won't get new shoes until after I've done my Christmas spending. My ankle is coming right along, yoga seems to be the litmus test for it, triangle is quite humbling but it's better than it was.

Cathy, hope your comatose feeling are lifting, I wanted to sleep in this a.m. but the bed just kind of spit me out at 7:20. Sounds like a very short week for you next week, I hope it flies by. Did you get the paper done you were working on?

Wendy, it was kind of weird not seeing you here yesterday, how was your Friday night with the Girls from work?

Laura, I think it's teriffic that you are so hepped up for teaching on Mondays, shows that your are confident and prepared. I bet your participants look forward to it to.

Christine, hope you are feeling better and that your neck is on the mend from all of the poking and prodding. I made the chick pea curry last night and it was yummalicious!!! We had it with a saffron risotto and some sliced apples:9 :9 My Mom is cooking supper tonight so I'll contribute with the cauliflower/potato curry.

Carole, more good thoughts for John and your family as he faces yet another surgery.

Good Morning to all you wonderful Cheetahs to follow:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning ladies,

cathy-thanks!! good job on upping your mileage esp. when you didn't plan it. "half comatose"- lol. i like the exhanging of christmas cards idea.

wendy- thanks!! sounds like you had fun shopping. I think i will wiat until after winter for my next race. i am not a fan of the cold
:D

laura- superman/bananas are tough but doable. you will defintely work your core with that exercise. my five year loves doing that exercise with me:D

linda- i am planning on doing a p90x rotation similar to what you did. glad to hear you had good results.

laurie- thank you! b& g and lowmax on the same day, you truly are wonderwoman:D }(

susan- thank you, you are so sweet! do you want company with the clean eating starting asap (except for thanksgiving and christmas day). i need to really buckle down in that area also.

christine- thank you!! so gald you are feeling much better and won't have any dr. appts. this week. you need a break from all of that. good for you!

shelly- thanks!!! great job on your race also yesterday. it must feel extra special after coming off a injury and not being able to enjoy something you love so much. kudos to you!!!

carole- thank you so much, love the lil man:D . i agree jari does look like a barbie even more so on the cover of her new one ripped 1000. however the workout has received rave reviews. sorry to hear about your family being unsupportive. why oh why can't family just be there and be supportive as long as we are not doing anything to hurt ourselves or anyone else. i don't understand it. people always tend to think their way is the right/only way:(

today's workout is barry's bootcamp full body. i haven't done it yet but it's a full body workout using your own body weight. should be interesting. then laundrymax and then out with one of my girlfriends for some christmas shopping.

oh, btw the official results from yesterday was 33:32 mins. so next time i plan on trying to shave off some time.

enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think its stinks too. When I started eating Vegan in May of 2004, I was so surprised to come up against so much flack!! I didn't expect it from my family though. I feel it is just ignorance about veganism. I do have very supportive friends and my DH does do some vegan...No, I don't care what other people eat, and I also don't jump up on a soapbox explaining my way of eating and why, unless asked..:)..I agree, live and let live. Good job on the extended run! Sorry about the achilles....was the course hilly? I will PM you later today..

Wendy...sounds like a good plan for P90X. I do hope to see a pic of you in that lovely sparkly dress for NY's!! Enjoy your run in the park...

Laura...thank you for your good thoughts on John's surgery. I do try and ignore the food comments...practice will help with superman, banana....I love that exercise, except for sometimes I get to laughing as I roll...:)

Laurie...thank you for your good thoughts on John too. I love seeing a light dusting of snow, we might get that once a year! I am glad to hear your ankle is doing better.

Sunny...I do feel Jari's exercises are effective. I just have been a Cathe fan for so long that I feel her physique is perfect IMO, not scrawny like Jari's. Sometimes I think my family feels I am going thru a phase with my way of eating!! So another 5K in your future?!! Enjoy your Bootcamp workout and X-Mas shopping!

Jess...OMG! You do get the award for the worst day!!! I am glad your Mom was there for support. People are just idiots when they back out blindly...I hope the meds help Kiersten feel better...

I will be doing hopefully 13 miles today. And then of course Football!!!

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Thanks so much for putting up w/ my long vent last night!! We did end up having a good night of watching Over the Hedge & just hanging out. Greg didn't get home til about 7 & again didn't even see a deer to shoot at. Poor guy was so cold all day too. Then Brian (BIL) called & said he needed help w/ the deer that he hit w/ his car, so Greg had to help him w/ that. (what a good older brother he is!) Then we watched Mission Impossible 3 which was ok & I headed to bed!! We all slept in til 7:45 this morning!!! Brian, Greg, Hannah, & Allison went on to church & I get to stay here on *sick duty*. Kiersten's feeling a lot better today too, still has a sore throat but her fever is gone.

I stuck a roast (sorry for you vegetarians!), sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, & carrots in the crock pot. Smells yummy!! I'm going to let Kiersten rest & watch a movie in my room so I can do my workout down here! I would have gotten up to work out, but w/ my BIL slept over on the futon in the family room I didn't want to scare him to death!! :p I don't know what I'm going to do yet, I'm thinking C & W sounds like a good one.

Man, I'm long winded lately!! Hope you're all having a good Sunday!

Cathy ~ I'm so jealous of your 6+ mile runs, you're doing great!! I had to LOL at the girl decked out in sweats trying to run faster than you! The damage isn't bad, mainly just paint scraped off, no big dent or anything. But it's a BRAND new van, my first brand new vehicle!!! I'm not going to just let it go like that. I don't think it should be much to fix, at least I hope not! I figure today can't be much worse than y'day!

Laurie ~ A DATE!!! How exciting. I'm excited for you!!! I know you'll keep us posted on how it goes!!! I'm glad that your ankle is feeling better.

Carole ~ I don't know why people can't be supportive no matter WHAT we do or eat!! What's the big deal anyway??? I'm not a vegetarian/ vegan, but I totally think it's great that you are! I've often had people try to make me eat junk/ unhealthy stuff because they don't understand that I *want* to eat healthy. NO, I don't need a dessert after every meal even though I'm *thin enough* & should eat more. Whatever!!! I've had to work at it, so I just can't automatically now that I'm *thinner* go back to bad habits! Oops, you got me going there! Sorry! ;-) Enjoy your 13 miles & football!!!

SunnyD ~ WOOHOO on the first 5K!! You did great pacing yourself!! Now that you know what to expect you can work more on speed & shaving time off!! I totally recommend adding in some speedwork to get faster for 5K's.

Wendy ~ You'll be a hot momma in that dress!! Sounds beautiful! Enjoy your run w/ your friend!! I miss running w/ my friends!! :( Hopefully I'll be back at it soon!!!

Sorry I can't post to everyone, so I hope my Cheetahs are all having a fabulous weekend!! Must go paint the *Royal Highness's* toenails. ;-)

Good morning cheetahs! Well I apparently did no harm running my race yesterday. I was worried that I would wake up limping! It was great being able to race again and a real confidence booster that yes, I CAN still run a decent race. Now just to work on increasing my mileage and building endurance. Hopefully it's not too late and I'll be able to accomplish my marathon goal in Jan.

Jess- My goodness what a day you had yesterday :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't blame you a bit for "ranting". I'd be ranting for a week after a day like that! You are probably already back to being your sweet self again:* I'm sorry Kiersten has strep:( One thing about kids, they may get sick alot but they usually recover quickly also!
Sorry also that your beautiful new van got hit! That guy pulling out was a real crud! Unbelievable he actually felt it was your fault!!! At least it is still drivable.

Laurie- I just loved reading your post yesterday :7 Sounds like your dream guy didn't hesitate a bit in agreeing on the coffee date....very promising;-) You have definitely GOT to keep us informed on this:D Glad your ankle is healing!

Carole- We can always depend on you getting in you're Sunday long run.....have a great football day! I'm quite surprised that your family isn't supportive of your being a vegan. What's the big deal?
If it's too much bother to fix a vegan dish then why don't they let you bring over a dish of your own? The important thing is to have everyone together I would think!

Cathy- Good job on your run yesterday....almost 7 miles! Any plans to work up to a half marathon? }( That is so sweet of you to organize a Christmas (or whatever) card list for the cheetahs!

Wendy- Actually missed a post yesterday:eek: :eek: :eek: Hey there girl...
you KNOW that a couple of bad eating days is NOT going to do you any lasting harm!!! Not with your lifestyle:7 Your NY eve dress sounds HOT....that must be some party! A "banana" core exercise BTW is simply holding your upper body and legs (straight) up at the same time so you look like a banana. In p90x he has you flip back and forth between these and supermans:eek: Cathy has some banana poses in her new workouts too.

Laura- I think it is so great that you have such enthusiasm for your class. It really shows when the instructor loves what they are doing and these makes for a lively and fun time that all your students appreciate I'm sure! The Ab ripper workout is a tough one, I agree!

SunnyD- Congrats again on a wonderful performance on your race yesterday! Already planning for your next PR?! You definitely have been bitten by the race bug}(

Okay, enough chattin with the cheetahs and time to get to work. Today will be the DM cardio and upper body premix, and the LIC lower body circuit....wooohoooo

ShellyC

Hello again.... I'm back because I just checked the official results site of the race I did yesterday. Apparently I didn't look at the results closely enough yesterday. I actually took 3rd place yesterday in my division and won a medal!!! This award will mean more to me than any other considering what I've been through!!!!

Just wanted to share the news!

ShellyC

Good Morning Ladies!

I’m FINALLY feeling good enough for a workout! I’ll go a bit low key today, Maybe the first hour of Body Max on a 6” step. I’m so excited to be able to workout again! It was nice yesterday to be able to just relax and recoup. And I think the spicy Vegan chili I made helped knocked things out!

Cathy - I have PM’d you! What a great idea! Great job on the run! I was up early today, too - went to bed early last night.

Wendy - Enjoy your run- it may even be better after a few days off. A New Year’s Eve dress - eh? How wonderful! I love wearing clothes like that - I feel so good! Good for you!

Laura - I still require a bit of a push off when I got from back to tummy. But I have the other down pretty good. Enjoy your class!

Laurie - I’m so excited for you! He sounds wonderful! I took off a few years after my divorce because I never found anyone I liked. Then I met my DH, and that was all she wrote. Glad you liked the chickpea curry! That’s my absolute favorite. We were in Delhi at one restaurant that specializes in chickpeas - and my love affair started then. Enjoy the Aloo Gobi!

Sunny - spoken like a true Cheetah- NEXT TIME I shave off a few minutes. I love it! Go Sunny Go!

Carole - I’m with Cathy. Even when I gave up meat for lent and visited my dad - a hard core meat and potatoes guy, he accommodated me. It will be tougher now that I’m trying to not eat dairy, though. I’m thinking of bringing a vegan dish to Thanksgiving, then eat the sides. I’ll skip the turkey and any stuffing in the turkey. I’m thinking I may actually get off lightly! Enjoy your run - as always, John is in my thoughts and prayers.

Jess - you do get the award for the worst day! Hope the car repairs are fully covered (your NEW van! I’m soo sorry!). Hope the girls feel better! Strep throat is not fun! Have fun with C&W!!

Shelly!! I’m so sorry I did not see your post until this morning! I’m SOOO HAPPY for you! Running 11 miles with no ill affects! Oh you must be very relieved! Sounds like a great run, too! And Congrats! 5th Place when you weren’t trying to run fast?! You Super Duper Cheetah You!!

Good morning cheetahs!

I am up and ready to go on a brunch date with my hubby and this great hotel in the area. They have really good spinach eggs benedict. I know here I am talking about food again. I am going to be pretty good though. I will try to stay away from the chocolate mousse...mmm

Yesterday, I had a great workout day! I did all of Butts and Gutts and all of Drill Max! I thought I would be sore today, butI was not. Today, I think I will try and run 4-5 miles and see how my sciatica feels. I found this great product called Bio Freeze. You put in on a sore spot or joint and it has menthol in it and it has this cooling effect and it helps with any inflammation. It feels great! have any of you tried this?

Cathy, I pm'd you with my address. Thanks again for doing this. You had a great run yesterday. I really want to be able to run more soon. I am just lucky that none of the cathe dvd's bother my sciatica. Life is good!!!!! Are you going to your yoga class today? If so, behave yourself:) My girls are off for a week for thanksgiving break. I can't believe they will have 9 days off.

Wendy, we missed you yesterday. You are such a positive presence on this forum. I bet you are excited for your race on Friday. What a great day to have a race. Burn off all the turkey and stuffing. Have a great run today! Oh, and how exciting to buy a new dress!

Laura, enjoy your workout today and how nice that you love teaching. I bet your class loves ya!

Laurie, you are too cute! I hope your date goes well and you can have a nice relationship with this guy. This guy will be lucky to have your company. That curry dish sounds yummy!!! Enjoy your weight workout and whatever cardio you end up doing. :)

Sunnydelite, I bet you are still on cloud 9 after yesterday. Yes, you are welcome to join me on clean eating. I have to say though, I am horrible at sticking to it. When is your next race?}(

Carole, I know how you feel kind of when it come to family not accepting your eating lifestyle. It drives my family nuts that I have to workout everyday. Whenever I visit them they get so annoyed that I get up early and workout or if I sign up for a temp membership at the gym. They think it is totally ridiculous. Of course, most of them are overweight. It is hurtful though. It is such a big part of my life and having someone put it down, I don't understand. Anyway, did not mean to go on a rant. Have a great run and I too am thinking good thoughts about John. Take care.

Jess, that is such a bummer about your van. I hate when stuff like that happens. Did you read my post to you yesterday. I need to pick your brain on how you stopped eating all of the crap and starting eating healthfully. I am a desperate women!

Shelly, you are such a STAR!!! I am so proud of you and your motivation. And, you are not even sore. You are amazing!!!! I truly mean that. And, 3rd place, YAY!!!

Christine, I am so glad you can work out today. You will feel great!!! Don't overdo it though. Are you a vegan too? I eat very little meat or dairy, but have never really considered myself a vegetarian. Have a great day and an AWESOME workout!

Well, that is it for me today. Have a great day ladies!

Cheers!

Susan

Wow, Shelly!!! That award should mean a LOT!!! Awesome job on placing 3rd, you're one speedy Cheetah!!! Thanks for sharing your great news!!! We're all proud of you!

Good morning everyone!

I ended up only running 7 miles yesterday. I decided to drive to a new route. It was great, but I stopped at 7 miles. I got in my car and started driving home and smelled the most horrible smell! I had stepped in dog poop!! Yuck!!! So...I gagged all the way home and my DH was too polite to ask what the smell was. It was on my new shoes, too, so I was NOT a happy camper! He laughed and laughed at me when he found out what is was!

This morning I did Jari's S&L and ran 4 miles on the TM. It was a good workout! I can't wait for my Ripped 1000 to get here!

Cathy - I sent you a pm! Good job on upping your mileage! (even if it was by accident!) I didn't stretch well yesterday or today. I will be paying for it tonight and tomorrow, I am sure!

Wendy - I took 2 days off last week, too. I think I ate badly more days than not last week! Oh well, we can start anew, right? ;)

Laura - great job on the runs! That Superman/Bannana move is a killer for me! For some reason the Bannana part of it really bothers my neck and shoulders! It has been at least a year since I have done P90X. I really like it, though!

Laurie - The snow sounds pretty! We are supposed to have an inch of slushy accumulation tonight! I can't believe it is that time of year again! Good luck on the date!

Sunny - Congratulations on your 5k!!! Isn't is a great feeling? I have only done one 5k and one 10k, but I loved it so much! I hope you like the P90X rotation! I enjoyed it a lot when I figured out how to add the running! Another thing that I did was add a lower body Cathe workout in the rotation with high stepups. (so that I would get 2 leg days)

Carole - Have fun with the 13 miles and watching football. I hope John does well! I will say a prayer for him!

Jess - Oh my! I am so sorry about your day! I sure hope everything is better today and hope everyone is well! It was good that your mom was there and that you had some moral support!

Shelly - Great job on your race!! Glad you didn't have any pain from it and congratulations on 3rd place!!! You have really been through it, haven't you? Hopefully, all is mending well and will stay that way! I am trying to train for a half marathon. The only problem is.....there is no certain one that I know of for quite some time. So.....I don't know if I should just try to reach that distance and then back off a little until there is an "actual" race, or just not start training until right before the race. I thought if I gradually added mileage that I should be good and ready in around February???

Christine - I am so glad you are feeling better! Hope you enjoy BM2!

Susan - Oh my! That is a great workout! Good job, girl! Good luck on your run today! Hope your sciatica feels okay!

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a good day!

Linda

Hey Susan!

Susan ~ I did read your post y'day. Sorry, I didn't have time to go into more detail earlier!! I will try to explain. I could write for a LONG time about my former struggle w/ being fat so if you're interested I can PM you!!

Anyway, I had a *light bulb* moment at Kiersten's 3rd bday party (she'll be 6 in March). After a breakfast of cinn. crunch bagels for breakfast, McD's (for her party) for lunch, plus cake & ice cream, and pizza for dinner, I was sick. I realized I hated feeling yucky all of the time & I didn't want to feel like that again. (I like to call it a *carb* coma) So... I read the South Beach diet & to me it made sense. I just have trouble eating white flour & sugars w/out wanting to binge on more & more!!! So... I cut out the *white* stuff including pasta, potatoes, rice, etc. Just for a while to kind of *detox* myself. Then I started adding back in more good carb & I found that I really love the whole grains, high fiber cereals, sweet potatoes (looove them!), brown rice & WW pasta, etc. I did mainly the South Beach diet Phase 2 since I was nursing Allison still at the time.

I don't really follow it exactly anymore, but I know my *trigger* foods so I try to avoid them. I eat a lot of veggies & salads (mainly because I love them!), I do eat all kinds of meat (although maybe red meat only 1-2x a week or so), chicken, salmon, etc. I looove yogurt & cott. cheese (especially mixed together!), nuts (walnuts mixed in my oatmeal is my favorite!), and I'm addicted to oatmeal. I love beans, whole grains, but I do occasionally have some *real* pizza on the weekend! I have found healthier ways to prepare our food & try to make sure my kids are eating healthy also. It's helped my dh also, just from me making healthier meals & not buying junk he managed to lose about 15 lbs w/out even trying.

Let's see.... I do love cheesecake so if there's an opportunity to eat a piece I will!! I'm not a big sweets fan normally so I can avoid cakes, cookies, etc w/out too much trouble. If I want something sweet I'll eat an apple or other fruit w/ yogurt.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm not *perfect* and I have my slip ups, but mainly I enjoy what I eat & try to stay away from what I know isn't good for me anyway! Oh, and I have lost a good 40 lbs since I started eating this way & kept it off for over 2 yrs now.

RE: Hey Susan!

Ended up doing Cardio Fusion through to the drills - wasn't up for them quite yet. That was fun. I added the stability balls abs from B&G. I like that one - it's tough, but at no time did I feel like I was going to die (like I do in the ME abs!) But I felt as if I got a good ab workout.

Susan - I'm not saying I'm Vegan or even vegetarian yet. Right now, I am concentrating on eat foods that are plant-based only. I don't want to be so strict that if I cheat, I feel like a failure. So, that's why I'm saying it that way. I will probably, occasionally, have chicken or fish or cheese. But I do want to eat 90% plant based. Does that makes sense? I know - I'm weird.

Linda - that's too funny about the dog poop! I hate when people do not clean up after their dogs (I have two, and I make sure to clean up!!)

Jess - you're an inspiration! Did you ever think that you would run a marathon?

RE: Hey Susan!

Hey cheetahs,
Change of plan for me. I have plenty of energy today but have decided to make this a rest day. (I've been busy doing other things - grading, planning, and cleaning like a beast!) Tomorrow may be one as well since we have parent conferences Mon. – Wed. and tomorrow’s will run late (til about 5 pm). But I’m not gonna allow myself to feel guilty because I worked out really hard this past week.

Wendy :: how was your run today? I know what you mean – my eating has been WAY off track (longer than two days, though) and I can’t seem to get myself in line. With the holidays approaching, I need to snap out of it! No, I don’t really have any mileage goals at this point…I go by how I feel when I’m out there…if I feel like going farther that day, I push it a little…But mainly right now I’m just trying to burn more fat/lose lbs., so I’m happy with running for an hour 4x week. Glad you scored your NYE dress…sounds like you're gonna be one hot mama! :)

Laurie :: glad the ankle’s coming along for ya. Yes, the comatose feeling passed and I managed to get some serious work done. I finished the paper I was working on & went ahead and wrote one that’s due this Wednesday for another class. It feels good to be ahead of the game.

Sunny :: how was Barry’s full body workout? Did you manage to make a nice dent in your X-mas shopping? Great job on the official finish time. That’s about what my first 5K time was like…no doubt you will shave off some minutes next time around!

Carole :: It amazes me how much folks have to say about the way other people live. I would never think to question someone about their lifestyle or health choices. I consider it none of my business. (The same way you don’t tell someone who’s overweight not to eat that piece of cake!) The only exception would be if there is something self-destructive going on (e.g. anorexia, substance abuse, etc.) Yes, I am surrounded by hills, so I have to be careful with the achilles. I’ve neglected stretching a little bit this week and had to skip yoga, so two days of rest are probably a good idea. Hope you had a good 13-miler.

Jess :: thanks…yeah, I always get a good chuckle at the rookies! :) I’m glad the damage to the van isn’t worse…but still, I know the feeling – your BRAND-NEW VAN!!! Arggghh! My pet peeve in parking lots is that I always seem to be sandwiched between two massive SUVs, so when I creep backward ever-so-slowly, someone always zooms behind me. Surely, they see me backing up, but could they possibly wait 10 seconds to let me out??? Noooo. Hate that!! I didn’t realize you battled your weight before. Congrats on the weight loss and the clean living. I’ve lost about 25 since last January (slow going) and would like to lose about 25-30 more (one of my guy friends and I just had this discussion and he said, “Where the hell are you gonna lose it from??” I could’ve kissed him – heh heh – but I can definitely spare it.)

Shelly :: medal-winning cheetah!! WOO-HOO on the 3rd place finish!! Awesome! No, no plans at this time to train for a half. I did one a number of years ago (in AC – it was brutal weather – I wound up losing two toenails afterward!) :-( I’m not opposed to running longer distances again, but for now, my goal is just to keep burning fat and pick up with a few 5Ks in the spring. Enjoy your DM/LIC mix!

Christine :: so glad you’re feeling more up-to-snuff today. I laughed when I read you’d go “low key” with BodyMax. You’re all such fierce cheetahs!

Susan :: I’m glad I ate lunch before reading your post. No DOMS after B&G and DM!??? Insane! Yes, I’ve used BioFreeze and I agree – the stuff is great! That’s interesting that your girls have off so long for T-giving…lucky! No, I didn’t make it in to yoga this morning. Will try for Tuesday night. Hopefully nobody decides to crash into the walls.

Linda :: Ick! Sorry about the dog doo. How’d you like your new route otherwise? I jacked up my sneakers this week when I went for a run in the rain. They’re disgusting now.

OK, I think I'm caught up with personals. In case I don't stop back, have a great Sunday afternoon/night, everyone!

Cathy :)

I thought I had a free minute or two yesterday so I sat down to write my cheetah post. But it was not to be becasue DH was ready to go just as I got started. We went to SIL's house yesterday to do a few things for her. I think she's pulling out of her grief somewhat.

Then I started again this morning before my run but it disappeared for some reason. Since I was in a time crunch because DH had a tee time I had to run first.

So, let's see how it goes this time!

I ran 6 miles yesterday and 12 today and am now ready to taper a bit more aggressively.

Susan, I just wanted to say again how very sorry I am about your mother's diagnosis. I think I know some of the emotions you must be experiencing right now......If there is any way that you can see your mother in the near future you would probably benefit from it. Not that it would take away any of the sadness and worry but if things don't turn out for the best then having made the effort will help. Your mother and family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs too! Sounds like you and your DH get alot of time with just the two of you together. You must have a great babysitter. Looking forward here to the day when my 5 year old DD can be left alone.

Sunny, Great job on your race!!! I just knew you were going to love it! Do you have another one in mind right now?

Cathy, I PM'd you my info. I think your idea is a good one and I'll look forward to getting some cards in the mail from a bunch of absolutely awesome women! I loved your story the other day about the girl in the sweats when you were out running! If it were me I probably would have said the "Pacing, my dear, pacing" comment out loud.

Carole, Dang! That's too bad that you can't enjoy a Thanksgiving meal with your family. Reminds me of when my mother stayed with me a bit a few months ago. I'm not vegan or even vegetarian but I do cook very healthy meals. She would make comments all the time. For instance, I made chicken noodle soup for dinner using sprouted wheat noodles. She ate hers all up then said "That was good Elaine but it would have been better if it had real noodles in it." Then I heard from my niece that she complained about the food I served her. Imagine an overweight woman actually complaining that someone is serving her healthy food! I mean, I wasn't limiting her portions or anything!! I just don't get it. So, how is John's progress as far as the use of his legs goes? Is there reason at all to be optimistic about that possibility?

Wendy, It's weird but the days I eat crappy are the days I blow off a workout. Not every time but those are the times I do it when I do it. Post some pics of you in your red dress!

Laura, I have P90X and have done Ab Ripper lots of times but I do not know what the banana superman exercise is!!

Laurie, Laurie likes a boy, Laurie likes a boy!! Your excitement is cute. I've always thought that you seem like such a great mother and you keep confirming that in alot of your posts. Glad to hear your ankle is coming along. Funny about your dusting of snow. I started my 12 mile run at 6:30 this morning so that it would be more comfortable in the cooler morning temps rather than after it starts to warm up more.

Jess, Sorry you had such a rough day yesterday and I'm glad that today turned out to be much better. Step Blast was one of my favorites for a long time and, like (I think it was) Shelly I sort of got burned out on it because I did it so much.

Shelly, I don't think it's too late for you to accomplish your marathon goal in January. Are you following a schedule right now?

Christine, I have the Vegan Planet cookbook too but have not gotten around to trying any of the recipes. I'm not vegan but don't eat meat every day. And when I do eat meat it's chicken or fish. So glad that you are feeling up to working out today. I know that itching to get back to it feeling.

Linda, Ewwww! Glad you had a nice 7 mile run though! I've got Jari Love's RTTC but have not gotten around to trying it yet. It looks like something I will enjoy though.

I think that's everyone. I could add a lot more but DD is bugging me to feed her. Talk to you all later!

Oh man, I realized that I didn't congratulate Shelly on her race yesterday. And her 3rd place finish!!!

Way to go Shelly. Your reign as awe inspiring cheetah continues!!!:) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.