Cheetahs Rule! *TGIF* Friday, May 4

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Folks.

I am *NOT* a happy camper right now. I woke up about an hour ago and haven't been able to fall back to sleep so I finally got aggravated enough to get out of bed. x( I am drinking green tea and hoping to be able to fall back to sleep soon. I am tired. I know this. Why can't I sleep!?!? :-( Ofcourse it's a day when I have to work AND I am supposed to be going to visit my mom later in the day so it's not like I have tons of time to be lazy and/or nap. ACK! x(

On the bright side, I only have BBC shoulders and back w/chin ups on tap for today so it will be a quick work out.

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? Tonight is just my weekly visit w/my mom (aka gra-gra as per DS :+)and tmrw I think DH, and FIL (aka papa) and I are taking DS to a park where they run a big ol' historic locomotive around the grounds in the warm months. Joey is obsessed with cars, trucks and trains so he should really love this! I can't wait! :) In the evening I am supposed to go out for dinner with one of my best friends. Our B'days are only 3 days apart and we didn't have a chance to "celebrate" last weekend when they actually hit because I was busy and he was sick so I am looking forward to hangin' out, having a drink, eatin' some yummy food and talking. :)

Tomorrow is my final day of BBC for a while! It went FAST! I guess that's a good sign!}( I hope I can follow the May rotation with out many hitches. I hate having to figure out how to make things work at the last minute when life doesn't cooperate. x( I can be very anal about it!:p I was hoping to get in a recovery week between BBC and Cathe but if I complete my Cathe rotation that will make 7 weeks before recovery which isn't too bad especially since I haven't been lifting heavy the past 3 weeks, right? :) I am definately taking one once the Cathe rotation is complete...or maybe...hmmmm...wheels are turning....just MAYBE I will cut the Cathe rotation short by a week and take my recovery during the last week of May so that I'll be ready to start a new rotation come June 1! Yeah, I'll definately have to consider that! I'll play it by ear...I'll see how I feel!:)

Okay, if I rattle on anymore I don't expect anyone will continue to read it! LOL

I'll be back later!:7

Good morning, cheetahs and happy Friday!!! :) :) :)

Jess :: happy birthday, girl!! :) Enjoy your day ~ hope you and DH make it out tonight to celebrate the big one!…It sounds odd that exercise of ANY kind would make us retain, doesn’t it?…I have no clue as to the science behind it, but I would be curious to know…I usually sub for YogaX…As much as I love Tony, I find it a bit too repetitive – prefer the balance postures of the second half.

Gayle :: have fun on the DC trip…the weather should be beautiful for it.

Carole :: ITA about Billy Ray…go figure…I have an 18 lb. body bar – would that be a death sentence?

Linda :: You might remember at the end of the first phase, I decided to switch to a doubles rotation because I felt like I wasn’t doing enough cardio and that I might be backsliding…I didn't necessarily feel bloated but just that I needed to change things up in order to lose the weight...but then of course, the doubles didn’t work out for me, anyhow…and I still wound up losing a bunch of inches in the middle phase of it…So it's probably normal to see the progress come in waves like that. Like Christine said, the body does weird things. …I’m sorry to hear that about your dad…but it’s nice that you’re living out his goal.

Jackie :: Queen of Pullups! It sounds like you have a great variety in your workout library. I checked out some of the CIAs and am keeping my eye on the one you mentioned (All Body Attack) and Killer Kicks.

Christine :: Mad Puppy Syndrome, ha – I can just picture that. Too cute!…Hope you’re enjoying the quiet…The doc appointment was routine – normally, it is in & out, but there are some new people working there, and it took awhile.

Wendy :: LOL about the whispery voice you can’t stand…I think the guy from Budokon is a bit on the soft-spoken side as is the guy from Iron Yoga…Sorry about the bad night’s sleep…maybe you can pull a George Constanza at work and take a little nap under a desk. :p …Sounds like a busy & fun weekend for you and the fam. I had a long, busy week, so I’m on the bubble -- *might* go to bingo tonight (whoa, how’s that for rockin’ out? ;)); tomorrow’s dinner out. Have to bring home some work, too, but not too much!…re: the rotations, I say don’t overthink it :) – go w/ the May rotation, stay flexible, and see how you feel.

Not sure what my workout's gonna be this afternoon. Will make that call later on when I get a chance to take another look at my rotation and see what still needs to get done in the next three days. Might change up the order of things depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Hi to all the cheetahs who follow! Have a FAB Friday. :)

Cathy :)

PS... Still wondering/worried about Marcia...Anybody heard from her? She hasn't checked in in a few days, and as mentioned, she had a doc appt. on Tuesday.

Hey Cathy and the rest of the Cheetah-Babes!

Okay...no such luck in the sleep department. I laid there, eyes closed, eyes open, stared at the tv with no sound, read some and laid there again. GRRRR!x(

In addition, it is now obvious to me that I was typing in a sleep-deprived state when I started this thread because I am NOT going to my mom's tonight! LOL I talked to her y'day and she is going away for the weekend so no one will be home if I go there! DOH! God, do I need to take a nap later! LOL :p

Cathy: Yeah, the Budokon guy is a bit soft spoken but I can handle him for some reason. I guess he's not TOO bad... Bingo!?! OMG, I haven't been to bingo in YEARS! Now I'm gonna have to go!}(

Hi, ladies and good morning!

Wendy-what's with the early wake up??? As for rotations, add me to the 'anal about the rotation' list. lol I'm doing the May rotation, pretty much exactly as written. ENJOY your weekend!

Cathy-I don't know about Marcia, I'm worried a bit too.

Today is DC day for us. The weather is forecasted to be gorgeous for the next 7 days, so we're good to go.

This morning, I was up EXTRA early, at 3:45 to get my workout in. On call was BM2 double upper body. Funny story quick. It was supposed to be the warm up, all UB twice, then all abs twice, then stretch. Well, I used the skip button to skip the abs and then I came up on the stretch. Skipped that. Then the warm up came, so I figured this premix had cardio. Then segment 1 came, so I figured this premix had MORE cardio. lol. Took me that long to realize I had skipped myself into the Cardio Blast Premix chapters. lol Love cardio, so no harm done! LOL

Gotta go. Kids are still asleep and we're leaving in 30 minutes. lol

BBL

Weekend plans are NOTHING! Starting to plant my veggie garden. THAT'S IT!

Gayle

Hey Cheetah Babes –

Finally got the wireless to work, so I’m back in the AM. I previewed all of the BBC weight workouts last night and some of the cardio. I actually like Barry the best. He’s cute in his humor. I think I’m going to enjoy these, although the non-treadmill cardio looks torturous! Holy cow! Well, my company is putting on a developers conference and I have to go to that today, which will be a nice break, but I have to drive FIFTEEN minutes! *pouts* :+ I’ll still come home over lunch to play with a feed Mad Puppy. Today is BBC Arms and abs. I’ll probably try the non-treadmill cardio just because it looks so tough. :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!!!!! Hope it’s a fabulous one!

Wendy – sorry you had such a time sleeping last night. I’m LOL at your fantasy trip to your mom’s tonight! Maybe you WILL have time for that nap after all – eh?

Cathy – I hate waiting in the doctor’s office! Enjoy your workout! Which ever you choose! Thanks for the reminder on Marcia! I do hope she’s okay.

Gayle – enjoy DC! Funny that you ended up doing the Cardio Blast premix. But 3:45AM? Ouch! I’m impressed!!!

Hi to all who follow!!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Good morning cheetahs

Jess...http://cuteberries.com/glitters/happybirthday/happybirthday2.gif[/img]

Cathy...no, an 18 lb body bar wouldn't be bad. I can increase the weight on this one with the soft weights. But I will start out at 14 lb...:)..Like you I hope Marcia is ok...

Wendy..did you get in your afternoon nap yesterday? I think you and I have been on the same sleepless type of week. I finally got some last night. BBC S&A is a good workout if you are a bit tired...:)..sounds like fun, a dinner with your BF!

Gayle...funny fast forwarded workout!

Christine..so how is Jimmy feeling after his 1st run?...:)..did you get the BBC's?...I see you did....yes the non treadmill cardio is like PlyoX on steroids...YEOW! Sorry about the dreaded 15 MIN drive...:)

Linda...so is iBallet cardio?..or just strengthening moves? I know some of Graces are hard to follow as I had that with one of the iStretches. The PDF file should help though.

Jackie...I will try out the KV workout tomorrow. It was $50 plus shipping. Way to go on the pull-ups.

Today I am doing B&G floor legs, and BBC C&A (I skipped that yesterday), and a 4 mile run.

Have a great friday...:)

Hi Cheetahs,

Good morning to everyone. Thanks Wendy for replying, Cathe had also suggested that I try not to do three days of running. My sister laughs at me trying to do it all. I enjoy Cathe's rotations, running, yoga and pilates. Happy birthday Jess. Off to work, will check in later. Thank you Cheetahs for invitation. Have a great day.

Yvonne

Good morning cheetahs,

Yesterday was a rest day for me. during my normal workout time i had an interview at the new YWCA. they are hiring for personal trainers (paying more than i make now). seemed like the interview went really well and i am really hoping to work there. the mgr. is certified in muay thai boxing and will be giving classes!!

today i am gonna attempt a beginners rodney yee yoga video. i will see how it goes. i guess if wendy is now a yoga convert i can give it another whirl:7 . tomorrow me and one of my clients are doing the race for the cure 5k, and i am ultra excited.

Jess-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! enjoy yourself:)

cathy-let us know which workout you decide on.

wendy- get some sleep girl. i hate when that happens to me. seems like the mornings i have to get up at 4:30am are the nights i can't get to sleepx( .

gayle-have a great day!

carole- you are working it today lady. enjoy!! which istretch(s) do you have? and what do you thnk of them?

christine- enjoy your BBC workout today! barry is not my favorite simply because i don't like his cueing but i love the arms and abs workout! so happy to see everyone enjoying their BBC's.

have a great day to all:)

Good morning Cheetah Babes!!

Linda - OK, I will have to check out an iBallet! Glad you liked them.

Christine - I bet Jimmy was really cute out on his first run. Who had more energy you or Jimmy? Enjoy BBC and the eye candy!

Wendy - I'm getting better at grocery shopping too. I used to get by with going every 2 weeks but not anymore. With clean eating, you have to get fresh veggies and fruits every week. How long is that yoga workout again? Sorry to see you couldn't sleep. No special plans for the weekend. I have a 10 mile run and then I want to do nothing the rest of the day. DBF should be back from his vacation tomorrow too. So, he may come for a visit.

Jess - Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day! Glad to hear Kiersten is better and gained some weight. That's great! How did dress rehearsal go?

Cathy - I haven't heard of Killer Kicks. Is that a kickboxing workout? Bingo sounds like fun! Can you win $$$? What workout did you come up with?

Gayle - Sounds like you were playing Russian Roulet with your workout this morning. LOL!! Glad you got it in. Enjoy your day in DC.

Carole - Another beautiful graphic. Love those! KV is one expensive workout. Anything special about it? Have a good workout.

Yvonne - Welcome to the land of Cheetahs! This is such a fun group.

Sunny - Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the PT job. Good luck with your 5K tomorrow.

Shelly - Isn't your race tomorrow too? Good luck!

I did Jiggle Free Arms, Cardio Sculpt Express and 6 minute abs and a 20 minute Yoga Zone. I really like Cardio Sculpt Express and 6 minute abs. These are Debbie Siebers new workouts. The music was better and I like that it was only 30 minutes. She packs a lot into the 30 minutes. This one was mostly upper body work. It's great for when I want to take a break from heavy weights.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Jackie

yvonne- welcome to cheetah land:)

linda- i just ordered the squeeze workout since you said you loved it!

jackie- thanks! more new workouts, lol. we are so addicted. oh well at least it's a good for you addiction:7 .

Good morning cheetahs! I've been MIA a couple of days:( Work was just too busy and exhausting and I had a couple of meetings too:(
A couple of nights ago I got up to relieve the old bladder and stumbled on my own two feet crashing into my elliptical!!! My left thigh hit one of the pedals and I am now sporting a beautiful large purple bruisex( Fortunately nothing broken, strained or sprained and I'm still running just fine. It'll just be a little embarrassing to be racing tomorrow looking like I just survived a train wreck! That's what I get for being a first class klutz!!!

Yesterday after my nap I had a 3 mile run at my half marathon goal pace and felt pretty good. Tonight we're having friends over for dinner so it'll be clean max and some stretching and a good foam roller session :) DH is making his world famous paella:7 :9
He is a great cook but this dish is to die for! Our friends request it alot! This couple coming over tonight will also be racing tomorrow although they'll be doing the 10k. She'll only be walking it also. I'm afraid I still have no friends who are into running... they all think I'm crazy:(

I'll be back for personals!

ShellyC

I’m back! I’m feeling great, but if Barry had asked us to hold a move one more time, I’d have hurled the dumbbell through the TV :+! I did Arms and Abs and followed it with the 20 minutes of sheer torture, er I mean, the cardio without treadmill section. I followed that with a really nice, long walk with the dogs. So my legs are nicely flushed out. I am glad I followed the advice to use a lower step then they do for the cardio! These are tough, no-nonsense workouts and I really like them. They are definitely going to be staples for me, I can see.

Carole - Jimmy is right as rain after his first run. He was back to jumping everywhere as soon as we got home, so I’m not sure it worked. I thought you’d get a kick out of the 15 minute drive!

Yvonne - Welcome! Hope you enjoy us crazy Cheetahs!

Sunny - Oh a rest day! Sounds heavenly! I have my fingers crossed for you on your job interview!!! I like Barry -he reminds me of my one of my Krav Maga instructors who I really enjoyed, so maybe that’s why I like him. It’s a killer workout, I’ll tell ya! Glad I listened to everyone and lowered my weights. I’d die if I used my Cathe weights!

Jackie - no contest - Jimmy has much more energy than I do! :p Sounds like you had another fabulous workout today!

GO SHELLY GO!!! Hopefully that inhuman woman won’t show up and you’ll take first place! You can get your photo in the paper to commemorate your elliptical crash. Actually, I’m sorry that happened - sounds like something I would do! Glad nothing it hurt besides your pride. PAELLA??!!!?? YUM! I’ll be over! And yeah, we probably are crazy, but it’s a good crazy. Wish more people would get crazy like we are - might be a better world.

Hugs to all!

Hello again..... I realized I seriously mispoke when I said I had no friends who are into running. How can I forget my fabulous wonderful cheetahfriends!!!!

Wendy- I think that is so great that you are as close to your Mom as you are:) Sorry you're in a can't sleep phase right now... that is truly frustrating. Sometimes it can be so hard to "turn off the mind". I ALWAYS have to read some before turning in.... get my brain refocused. Sounds like you have a fun girlfriend night planned and I'm glad you have the opportunity for a nap today.

Cathy- Bingo? I thought only lil old blue haired ladies played that! ;-) .... Just teasin ya! It actually sounds like fun:)
Gonna do any long runs this weekend?

Jess- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 Hope you have a fabulous day!
You certainly deserve it. You are one hard working dedicated and fit
mother and cheetah:)

Gayle- Have a great day in DC!!! I guess you "skipped" your way into an unintentional cardio workout!

Christine- I really like Barry myself.... he makes me laugh!
But his workouts are the most grueling to be sure! The non-TM cardio workout is especially intense.... as you will discover}(
I just love those sloppy puppy kisses:D

Carole- Wow, you have an intense combination workout planned today!
What KV workout did you get? I'll be interested in your review. I haven't done any of hers in a long time. I plan on trying out her GWW again after I'm done with this upcoming HM.

Yvonne- Welcome to cheetahville!!!! We are very happy to have you posting with us. I guess you are relatively new to running? I don't think 3 times a week is too much at all as long as you are going easy at first and increasing speed and/or mileage very gradually. Let us know how you're doing!

SunnyD- I didn't know there were any more YWCAs! I bed that job is yours!! How can they not be impressed with you:) Okay... what the heck is muay thai boxing??? ..... I think it's wonderful we'll both be racing tomorrow!!!! I'll be thinking of you!! I just love running in the charity events. My race tomorrow is to support our local YMCA, so it's kind of charity.... sort of!

Jackie- Thanks for your well wishes... yes the big event is tomorrow.

I'll be doing a coule of things different for tomorrow that I've never done before in running a race. First I'll be using my iPod.
Once past the first mile there are few spectators and not that many runners since the course is so difficult. I'll be needing the distraction. Second I'll be wearing my fuel belt and carrying my own
water and energy drink (Cytomax). This is a grueling course with a 2000 ft elevation climb. I'll try to check in tomorrow afternoon
.... but I'll be going out with friends later, there's a Margarita
festival celebrating Cinco de Mayo weekend.... uhoh! ;-)

ShellyC

Thanks Christine!! It's okay if superwoman from Phoenix shows up!
Gives me something to strive for... I admire her greatly... her name is Carole also.... figures!

You can come over for paella anytime!!! BTW, that's awesome that little Jimmy is already running with you!

ShellyC

Shelly- we have one YWCA, well correction now there will be two of them in winston salem. as the new one is opening up next month. it's going to be really huge! the wellness director is so into fitness. i just loved talking with him yesterday. m.t. kickboxing is true kickboxing. from what i read it's great for working out and self defense.
how long is your race tomorrow? btw, i love paella, lol
Go Shelly Go!!!:)

Thought I'd share with y'all a pic of part of my race tomorrow
250303628.jpg

Now you can see why I need all of your prayers tomorrow!

SunnyD- I'm doing a half marathon. Good luck with your prospective job although I truly think it's a done deal;-)

ShellyC

Hey everyone!

Wendy – That sounds like a wonderful, fun weekend you have planned! Hope you get some decent sleep! My BBC rotation flew by too! I love those!

Cathy – I do remember that! I am doing it kind of like a Cathe GS rotation so that I can use whatever cardio I want to do. I am wondering if I would have better luck doing it the way it was “written”. Yes, the body sure does do weird things! It is so frustrating! I am worried about Marcia, too. I was trying to remember if she said she was going out of town…but can’t remember :(

Gayle – Have fun on your trip! That is funny about the BM2 premix! But, like you said…since you love cardio that was good!

Christine – I am hoping you “enjoyed” Barry’s torture! ;) I love his sense of humor, too! I love that “evil” laugh of his! They are definitely going to be staples for me, too! I am missing them so much…and it is hard not to start them up again now. Enjoy the “break” for the conference!

Carole – Iballet is toning-type moves. It is floorwork, as well as standing plies, ball squeezes, core work, etc. I have been tempted to get one of the iStretches. Did you like it, besides the fact that it was hard to follow? That sound like a wonderful workout that you have planned!

Yvonne – Welcome! It is good that you are doing a variety of workouts! I think the running three days per week is good! I was running 5 or 6 days a week for a while. I started to get really tired and achy. Lately, I have been alternating running with step, KB and speedwalking. I am feeling so much better since I am putting in different types of cardio!

Sunny – Good luck with the interview! I really hope you get the job! Have fun with Rodney! I really need to do yoga more often! I truly hope you like Squeeze! I do like it a lot! It seems like I can feel the moves so much more after doing it a few times! It is like it gets more intense…I guess because I am “learning” the purpose and form more. Keep me posted on what you think of it!!

Jackie – I have been torn on ordering Debbie’s new workouts. They sound interesting! I loved SS!. Do you recommend these? Are they comparable to SS only shorter?

Shelly – I am sorry you have had a rough couple of days! I am sooo sorry about your fall into your elliptical! Ouch! Good luck on your race!!! The picture of the trail was awesome! But it sure did look tough!!
Yummy!! Can we come to dinner??

This morning I did all of the lower body work from all of the sections of Squeeze and the CIA with Gay Gasper. I love that one!

Hi to everyone!! Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!

Linda

Hey ladies,
I am back from my trip to my mom's funeral. We got back last night. The funeral was so moving and beautiful, but so incredibly sad for me. My father gave the most beautful speech about the love of his life and the journey that he and mom had together. It just broke my heart, but also made me smile. I talked about my mom as well and how much she meant to me and how she inspired me everyday. It was the hardest thing that I ever had to do. I am such a mess right now. I am trying to hold it together for my girls, but I am struggling. We are having a b-day party for my Allyson who is turning 7 tomorrow on Cinco de mayo. I was going to cancel, but I think it is important to move forward.

I have not worked out since Monday and I really have not even thought about it. I will try to do an elliptical workout and BBC arms and abs today. My glutes and back were a bit sore on the trip, but I think it was all the stress and sitting I did, especially on the plane. It feels pretty good today.

I so want to learn something from this experience. I need to honor my mom and learn to live life differently and with more meaning. It really is a time for reflection. I can still picture my dad waving goodbye to us in his front lawn and he was all by himself. I will have that image in my head for awhile. He is very strong though and has so many friends and such a great community that loves him and will take care of him.

Well, I just wanted to check-in with my friends. Thanks for all your support ladies.

Susan

Linda- Hiya! Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow.... it means alot!

Susan- I'm so glad to hear from you!!! You've been on my mind and I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. What you're going through is perfectly normal.... although knowing that certainly doesn't make it any easier! I think it's a great idea to go ahead with the b-day party for your DD tomorrow and I hope you can enjoy yourself.
It sounds as though your Dad should be just fine considering his strength of personality and the support he has.

Take care dear Susan!!!!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.