:::CHEETAHS:::PUT YOUR GAME FACE ON THURSDAY!:::

Good morning, Gloria and all who follow-- :)

I was a postin' maniac yesterday, so I believe I'm caught up. :)

Gloria -- congrats on your BOSU! Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Wendy -- thought of you when I saw the mention of green tea extract in M&F Hers. What'd you think of the supplement recs?

I'm aiming to do *something* after school today but I'm not sure yet what. Will play by ear.

Enjoy your day, everyone! :)

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning Cathy!

I just have to tell you that I loved the thread title you had yesterday! :) It made me laugh!

Morning :)

I'm thinking today is a 5miler-- but I may add on a mile or two. I'm feeling fast ;-) Today is arm stuff and some core-work.

Gloria: That's cute you had to break the news to DH about BOSU.

Cathy: I think you must be feeling better-- sucks to get sinus infections. *knock on wood* I've been pretty healthy this year. No major colds or flu--watch I just jinxed myself :) But I think it's due to a few supplements I've added to my diet.

Today is suppose to be a nice sunny day. I spent the afternoon outside yesterday. Our mornings have been so cold so it's nice to feel the warmth of the sun. Hope to catch some rays again today. I should work on my garden beds too. DD starts her job today-- she get's 40% off things. And it's a sporting goods store---I think I can find a few things to purchase :)

BRB need a refill

Yeah, I am not speedy either! I really do not care about that. Just am happy to be able to get out there! Speaking of that, I better get my a@# in gear!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Well, I was supposed to be a Cheetah and run this morning and it would have been a nice brisk one! However, I opted for a rest day because I had to go back to the barn at 10:00 last night to feed horses that should have been fed by Boy Wonder at 6:00 x(. We called his parents and he was passed out on their couch and they couldn't wake him up, like drug induced coma, so I'm thinkin it's time to get that kid to detox or something *rolls eyes*. Needless to say, heeeeeeeeeeeeee's outta there! YAYA!!!!!!

With this head cold/allergy thing I've got going on I had to sleep sitting so I didn't sleep well (once I got home after 11:00) AND I have a very rough, chaotic day at work, AND I have bowling tonight so I opted to sleep an extra hour this morning. I will definitely try to get something in tomorrow morning no matter how tired I am.

I'm pretty much caught up with personals so this'll be short...

Cathy - I was LOLing right along with Gloria at the thread title yesterday...*LOVED* it! You sell yourself short though...I'm sure you're pretty speedy! LMAO about the maniacal recovery workout that some of the, *ahem*, nutso Cheetahs are known for }( ;). You just do what you feel up to today.

Gloria - Oh, I *heart* my BOSU...enjoy!!!!

Kath - Have a great run today! It has been absolutely beeeeuuuutiful, hasn't it?

Alrighty, gotta get out the door and off to work. God only knows if Boy Wonder has come out of his coma or not. I probably won't get back here until tomorrow morning :(. Have a Cheetastic day!

Greetings Friends :)

Wendi- What a shame it is that the kid has no sense of responsibility. Well. lets move on and wish you luck in bowling tonight!

Gloria- The bosu is so worth it. I like to use it for warm ups before NROL4W workouts because it brings so many muscles into play. And I always do my planks with the bosu inverted and hands on for extra stabilization work. Planks alone make it worth the purchase. But try Imax 2 on it :) also.

Kath- enjoy your outdoors today! This is the time to love central NY :)

Cathy- glad to see you are on the mend. I am sending you good energy for your after school work out.

Wendy- thank you for the comment on the run y'day. Because I kept the intervals to 60 seconds I could do it. Grace has really helped me believe I can do this. Although, I haven't t run more that 4 miles in quite a while now. But I'm not doing any races so does it really matter?

Cheetahs enjoy your Thursday, I am not sure if I'll check in from Canada or not.
[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Morning Cheetahs! :)

I have some DOMS from y'day's work out. Makes me happy. :D

Today's work out will be intervals on the EXT and then I'm probably going to hop on a TM and do a 20 min ITread. I'm going to burn some extra cals to "make room" for all of the cr@p I'll be consuming while in Atlantic City this weekend. }( :9 }(

Gloria: Good Morning. I got my cert through the AFPA. That's where my SIL got hers and she's got a successful career at a Spa Lady gym near her.

Cathy: I've actually just begun taking a suppplement put out by BB which contains green tea extract. I have heard several times before that it promotes fat burning so I tend to believe it. That's one of the reasons why I am trying to replace a few of my cups of coffee with green tea. I managed to do it 2x y'day! I use whey protein powder as I thought it was the better choice but the mag is promoting soy. Hmmm...who knows at this point but I think I'll stick with what I've been using. Caffeine? Just when I started seriously cutting back on my caffeine intake I read this! Figures! LOL I am totally unfamiliar with the other supps the mag mentions so I can't comment on them.

Kath: Looks like ya hit the old proverbial jackpot when your DD got a job at a sporting goods store. Did you bribe her to do that? :7

Wendi: Glad boy wonder is out the door! You don't need help if it's gonna be like that. UGH!

Judy: True. If you are running for the health benefits/weight management then the distance is not important. The Itreads have done alot for my running as well. :)

I just finished breakfast (oatmeal) so it's time to hit that 2nd cup of energy!;)

BBL.

Good morning cheetahs! Busy day yesterday with no time to post:(
I was up early to drive to Cherry Hill, NJ (near Philly) to attend a BLS (Basic Life support) class for health care providers. I had done one less then a year ago but my new employers insisted I get a card from the American Heart Assoc, even tho the course content was EXACTLY the samex( Oh well... My contract for my new job was a HUGE packet of forms I have to complete and fax. Also have to get blood work, do competency exams, etc. YIKES! So that's what I've been inundated with the last day and a half... never did get around to seeing the IJ movie.. hopefully next week. I'll be busy getting all this stuff done the next few days.

Anyway, after the class I stopped by an REI store that was nearby and got new running shoes!!:7 :7 My coworkers from my last job gave me some gift cards for REI and I noticed that they did sell some running shoes on line anyway so I stopped there to see. I'm desperately in need of new ones but have been reluctant to spend the money now. I was looking for some Sauconys that were on line but all they had were Addidas Supernovas so I figured I would try it.
LOVE THEM! What a comfy fit!! I'll be steppin out soon the break them in:7 Heading out for a 5 miler.
Cathy- I guess you are recovering from your sinus infection now.... you sound pretty positive in your post anyway. Hope your work day goes well for ya.

Kath- Uh oh.... feelin fast today? Everyone out of Kath's way... or she'll mow you down!!! How nice about your DDs discount in the sporting goods store... very handy! I'm betting you'll be buying all sorts of great new fitness toys soon.

Wendi- Why is Boy Wonder even still employed???? Sounds like this one is on his way to a great productive life (NOT) I feel sorry for his parents! Sorry you had to put in extra hours to make up for him. With your sinus problems and little sleep I'm glad you opted to skip the run today... your bod needed the rest more! Hope you can at least get in a good bowling nite!

Judy- Goin to Canada for the weekend? Hope you have a great time! Working out today?

Dallas- I did backtrack to Wednesday to see that pic... You guys are one great looking couple!!! Love that dress you are wearing too:)

Gotta hit the road now... I'll be doin a workout later but not sure what yet.

ShellyC

Wendy- Posting together this morning! Nice interval runs you've been doing. That's an interesting program you're doing with doing only intervals for cardio (no steady state) Going to AC this weekend? I can see it on my runs from here (across the bay) so I'll be thinking of you!

ShellyC

Hey Lovely Cheetah Babes!

Wendy – Yeah, DD’s mom is a total piece of work. My biggest fear is that DD will grow up like her – a bitter, revengeful, harpy. For my rotation, I’m going to move workout “B” to Friday with the intervals then on Wednesday, I’ll start with S&H Legs (or GS Legs Standing only) and then add AOS Providence to get my bells in. I like working my legs heavy at least once a week.

Cathy – so glad to hear you’re feeling better and up for a workout today! YAY! Yes, The KB Way is the remake of Providence. But it’s a little different and has a lot of instruction. My boss is interesting. He’s basically a good guy, and really has a heart of gold, but he’s moody and prone to migraines – when he’s in a bad mood, watch out. His are weather induced and we’ve had some wacky weather lately. About dairy – the milk I won’t miss too much, but I’m like you – I love cheese. I’ve been okay with that in the past, so maybe it will continue. :p If not, there’s always lactaid.

Gloria – DD is studying child psychology, but is getting itchy feet with that and may explore Marine Biology. We’ll see. Glad you got to sleep in yesterday! And very glad that you and DH had some time in the morning together. That’s always special. Hope the Claritin helps – we use the prescription version – Clarinex – Dh’s allergies are horrid. He needs the really strong stuff. Too funny about DH and the BOSU – tough to hide one of those! Have fun with BOSU Blast when it gets there! She has a killer ab section!

Wendi – Oh how horrible that you had to go out and feed that poor horse at 10PM! Glad you knew he had not been fed though! I’m also glad that BW is going to be heading on out of your life. Sounds like he creates more work than he does. Too funny about the peeps! :p I think my issues are mainly milk and fresh dairy, cheese doesn’t bother me as much, but for right now, I’m taking it all out. Have fun bowling tonight!

Kath – Enjoy your 5 miler! I love when I have that “I’m feeling fast today” feeling! Enjoy it! Oooh, nice of DD to accommodate her dear ole Mom with working in a Sporting Goods Store and getting 40% off!

Judy – Have fun in Canada!!

Shelly – Ugh! Paperwork! Hope it goes fast! I’m also sorry you have to re-take your Basic Life Support class. Sometimes people get bogged down in the rules and don’t see the obvious. I hope you enjoy your new shoes!

I’m exhausted again. Not sure what or if I will do anything today. I figure it’s okay to take a few rest days. My legs feel like lead, but that could have something to do with the pistol squats and 1 legged lunges yesterday. }(. I’m going to totally eliminate dairy today to see if that helps with my bloating. I went out and bought more soy milk yesterday. The bloating has gotten so bad that last night I had a dream that I was in a room filled with people trying to avoid most everyone because of my issue. :+ I actually feel a little more normal, so that’s good, but for some reason I could not avoid cheese yesterday! Really weird. No cheese today either (but I’m usually okay with that, maybe because I don’t eat a lot of it). Anyway, enough of my dairy issues. We’re having dinner out tonight with some people from work. We’re going out for Indian food. I think I’m going to be ultra careful. Have a good night everyone.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I don't think I have seem Harrison's son in anything?? But Harrison Ford has always been a fav actor of mine. Glad to hear the meds are working. Hope your day back at school goes well...:)

Wendy...LOL, about me lifting heavier than DH for S&A! I don't feel I go real heavy...17.5 dumbbells for upright rows is the heaviest in that workout...:).. did manage to miss the rain yesterday, I was prepared though. Enjoy your intervals today.

Gloria...P90X is a fun one. I got great results the 1st time I did a rotation. There is not enough legwork IMO so I always have added some. But it did get me started in doing Yoga for the 1st time in my life. No, my DH did not catch any fish on Monday. This is the 1st time we actually bought some, and I will not make a habit of it as I have no clue what it was fed. I agree that Claritin or Zyrtec should help your allergies.

Kath...I feel I have also avoided colds for some time due to supplements for the immune system...:)..Enjoy your workout.

Wendi...bruleed peeps??? Those easter goodies everyone buys??? I am not sure what has happened to the younger generation sometimes, but their work ethics have for sure changed. Sorry you had to go back and feed the horses because of Boy Wonders lacking responsibility! I did have a good run and missed the rain..:)..Enjoy your rest day..

Shelly..sorry you had to go thru the same BLS class! Don't you just hate filling out ALL those forms...Good job on the Supernova's! I ran in those for years...Have a nice 5 mile run in them.

Christine...It is especially nice when I catch the salmon...:D..I went thru some time with IBS. Food didn't really matter, mine was mostly from stress. I would definitely try quitting the dairy again or at least cut back as that could be the bloating problem. Keep us updated on DD19's job prospect. I think a rest day is a good idea.

Dallas...How come the school has gotten so strict about siblings? I do have some DOMS form S&A!!! PlyoX does get old during the rotation IMO, but I am hoping it will help my running!

Judy...wow, good workout yesterday! I started an 8 week P90X rotation last Monday.

Jackie...I am sure if we cut in any trails on our property, they would be not long ones..:)...The rain did hold off so I had a rain-free run..Good job with the MM premix.

I am planning on legwork, 40 min on my EXT and 30 min of yoga.

Have a great day...:)

I am back to report on my workout: Body Max 2 ~60 minute cardio premix~ on the BOSU! My that was a goodie, I felt it in my quads. I am assuming it was due to yesterdays sprints and the need to stabilize on the BOSU. HR was up there too :) Now I feel good about a rest day tomorrow!

Wendy- have fun in AC and I hope you come out a winner. Do you have favorite tabels or slots? DH and I like black jack.

Carole- I hope your leg/ EXT /yoga went well today.
Hi Jackie!

Shelly- congrats on the new runing shoes. I am sorry about all the busy work! Have a nice run. It sound like you have nice scenery.

Christine- sometimes starches can put me into a painful gassy bloat. I do not know if that info helps you or not. Being careful with the Indian food is a good idea. (((hugs)))

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Hey Cheetahs!

I'm back from the gym.

I did my intervals on the EXT which really burned up the lower body }( + Itread 3/20 mins. Only problem is that I had to cut my Itread short by 5 minutes for a poopy diaper alert. :7 Oh well. :)

Shelly: I already invited Cathy but she can't make it...come visit me in A/C!!!}(

Christine: Oh so you are not dropping your TT rotation. You are just tweaking it. That's cool. Have fun!:) I can understand your worries about your DD but I'm sure your DH will see to it that she does NOT end up like that...don't ya think? :) LOL @ the dream you had. Sorry you are having such issues. I hope the dairy elimination helps.

Carole: I just checked out DH's #'s and he did 15's on upright shoulder rows. That's what I do and it's lighter then what you do! HAH! I knew he was whimping out!:p :7 ;)

Judy: I am a slot player. Too scared and too poor to play tables. LOL
We are going to see Tony and Tina's wedding tmrw night as soon as we get down there. I'm excited. I've heard it's alot of fun.

Gloria: Just an FYI for you: If you are at all interested in/have questions about any Beach Body products (ie: P90X), please pm me. I am a coach for Beach Body so I'll answer questions you might have and if you decide ever that you'd like to make a purchase please let me know before you do it. I'd appreciate it if you purchased through me. Thanks! :)

I guess that's all for now. I plan to do Awaken the Body at nap time. Should feel really good on the sore muscles. :)

BBIAB.

Morning Cheetahs!

I started the "declutter before the kids get out of school" project y-day. Don't have much time as school gets out soon AND they never want to get rid of anything. Seriously, I think we have hundreds of Transformer parts I find all over the house. I think when DS5 can't transform it he removes the piece. :7 ha!

Carole ~ I think the P90X rotation really helped me. It's weird I find I have more energy/endurance during my workouts. I know my stair workout has helped my running. I'm hoping to squeeze that in tomorrow somehow. Enjoy that DOMS! }(

Shelly ~ Thank you re: the pix. Shhh, don't tell anyone it was the same dress I wore in the last picture I shared with you gals.....see how much I loathe shopping! LOL! I actually bought it w/Sabrina (mckeever) when she was visiting. :) Enjoy your 5 miler and new shoes! I'm about to head out myself w/DS5. You sure got a lot done y-day. :)

Wendi ~ What's wrong with that kid?!?!? Sorry you had to go back to work last night. :( Probably a good idea you slept in today. Have fun at bowling! :) Gee, I hope it's not the stereotypical reasons you thought I was a blonde! LOL! ;-) I know I make more work for myself too...somewhat of a control freak. :-(

Gloria ~ Glad I could help. :) I hope it works though. My kids are all suffering right now. :( You will love Bosu Blast...I think I said that already. ;-)

Wendy ~ You will have no problem doing TGU w/15. Just go at your own pace. I'll have to update my bell collection before I start a rotation. I worry, I suppose, because I don't build muscle easily. I have gotten good results since finding Cathe & her weight work. Have you heard much on forums about KB training and muscle hypertrophy. I don't want to look like a body builder, but don't want to lose what I have gained either. Actually, quite content to stay right where I'm at. :) I think I'll do a GS rotation next. It's been awhile since I used them. Do you have a link to the AB program?

Christine ~ Sorry you are having tummy issues too. :( It's been super bland eating this week. I never would have thought I had a gluten intolerance either. It has made a tremendous difference. I think you're smart on doing the elimination thing. Unfortunately, I'm lactose intolerant too....UGH...so, you probably wonder what I can eat! LOL! Hope you get to the bottom of it. Glad the interview went well for DD.

Jackie ~ Oh, it was field days. They had all these stations set up outside...all sports related (relays, soccer goal kicking, tug-o-war, etc.). The kids had a great time. You have #27 already don't you??? Those iTrains are the best!:)

Judy ~ I've been meaning to ask you...did you take golf lessons? I find it frustrating.x( Nice workout!

Kath ~ It's been chilly here in the morn too. I think we have some warm temps this weekend, but with that comes the rain. :(

Hi to the rest of the Cheetahs, checking in after this post. I better get moving.

I plan on heading out for a run w/DS5 on his bike. Not sure how this will go, since the other two won't be with him. I just couldn't run on the treadmill today. He's going to a friend's house after we get back, so I should get a lot done around here. :)

I'll try and check back later.

Dallas: Here's the AB link:

http://www.afterburntraining.com/index2.html

There is also an Afterburn II. If you buy both together you get about $20 off the price. Had I known how much I would like this program I would have done that! Oh well. Live and learn I suppose. :)

So I take it as a no on the KB rotation? :7 How about doing 2 days of k/b work outs and 1 day of a regular f/b weight routine? Would that make you feel better? }(

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - Glad DD interview went well and you're being positive about it. Hope you find the culprit causing the bloating. Hate that feeling. Enjoy the rest days.

Wendy - Now, that's just mean to tease DH about the weights he's using. }( Did it work? Your getting the kettlebell must have been during my brain fuzz week. I'll do better. I still haven't seen the kettlebells anywhere. May check when I go to DBF this weekend. Great job on the intervals!

Cathy - Oh, yeah, always good to have people around when running. Glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a good workout!

Gloria - Can't stand it when people don't leave my things organized. I don't like clutter around me. Glad you and DH enjoyed your time together yesterday and he took the Bosu purchase well.

Wendi - Good riddance to wonder boy, huh? You do have some interesting meals and tales. Enjoy your rest day and bowling. Hope you get the highest score.

Kath - How was that 5 miler or 6 or 7? Sun is finally shining here today too.

Judy - Never think to use my Bosu for planks unless the workout calls for it. Have fun in Canada.

Shelly - Don't you hate all that paperwork. Hope you finish up with everything soon. Yay for the new running shoes! Enjoy your workout.

Carole - Saw people out fishing by my house Saturday. Nice little lake or pond. If I liked fishing, I'd go throw a line in and catch something for dinner. :) Glad you got that run in with no rain yesterday. It was downright nippy here but it's much better today. Enjoy your workout.

Dallas - Good luck with the decluttering. Feels like freedom! See, I didn't recognize that dress this time. That means it looks good on you! Glad the field trips were fun. I think I have iTread #27. I can't remember right now.

Today's workout was iTread #21 Run Intervals, 20 minutes of iClimb #18 and 10 minutes of iStretch #12. It was a good sweaty workout.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Jackie: No need to de-fuzz your brain on my account!;) :) DH didn't find the X teasing as funny as I did. He's no fun! :7 Nice work out today. I still love the way you mix things up.

Afternoon, cheetah lovelies! :)

Shelly :: OMG, you were right in my neck o' the woods. That REI is close to where I work. I like that little shopping area on the other side of 73...congrats on the new kicks!...Yes, I do feel much better, thanks!

Kath :: we're enjoying some gorgeous sunshine today, too. What a great place for DD to work!

Gloria :: I know I'll never be fast by most standards, and I'm OK with that--I just love to run--but I *would* like to eventually regain some of the speed I used to have. How did the sub leave your room--in one piece?

Wendi :: nope, I'm a turtle. :) Did Boy Wonder ever return among the living? Didn't take him long to get the ax, eh?

Judy :: thanks for the vibes! Enjoy your time in Canada.

Wendy :: gettin' tired just *readin'* about all you're doing in anticipation of some good times in AC. :)...I have to run out for some cough medicine shortly, so I am going to pop into GNC and take a gander at some supplements. I thought that was interesting, too, about the soy powder. Hmmm...I am laughing at you checking up on DH's #s. Too funny!

Christine :: guess DH's ex can't be too thrilled about the prospect of DD working with you. But I think it's promising that she *wants* to. Did she get the position?...Sounds like a rest day is in order. I really did feel like that last week before this thing hit me. My fingers are crossed that's not the case for you!

Carole :: oh no, I mean the kid who plays Indy's son...he was in Disturbia. He's probably barely legal. Shame on me. I always liked Harrison, too. Esp. as IJ.

Dallas :: I am chuckling about DS's Transformers strategy. Sounds like something I tried once with the ol' Rubik's Cube. :p :7

Jackie :: I'm always smiling as I read through your posts. :)

OK, I have to run out, but I think I will keep it indoors with some time on the EXT. I've developed a pretty good cough, so I'll keep it light, but it'll feel good to do SOMETHING.

TTFN! :)

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.