::: CHEETAHS ::: Mon., 11/20

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Because it'll be a long day for me, I'm thinking I'm taking today as a rest day. Will see how it goes.

Just want to throw out a final reminder for any cheetahs who weren't around this weekend...if you are interested in doing a holiday card exchange, PM me your address...I am putting together a list of interested cheetahs and will get it out in the next day or so. So far I have addresses for: Judy, Carole, Linda, Shelly, Wendy, Barb, Elaine, Susan, Laurie, and Christine.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

-cathy :)

A quick catch-up from yesterday’s posts…They weren't too many more after my last post...

Elaine :: sounds like you got in some good runs this weekend. I admit, I *was* tempted to make the comment, but I held my tongue <adjusts halo>

Laura :: thanks for explaining the superman/banana. I was totally lost. Don’t have the P90x series but it sure is gettin' a lot of buzz around here. Have fun with your class tonight! Make ‘em suffer! :)

Carole :: great job on the 14.2!

Wendy :: that’s right! I forgot you are doing a turkey trot this week!

Jess :: glad Kiersten is doing better.

Laurie :: staying on top of things (as a student) is not actually my forte. I was always a procrastinator, too, and very often wrote papers at the 11th hour. Now that I work full-time, though, I have to have a better handle on things or I’ll go insane…So I try. Funny, my sister and I are not real close, either.

OK, cheetahs, I'm off! TTYL!

Hi Cheetahs-
Today is upper body for me. I’m not sure yet which DVD. And some slideboarding and maybe some step. I ran 8 miles yesterday in chilly weather and it was fun. I used an iTread to keep me company. Saturday I did some kickboxing and weights & abs.

I’m not caught up on posts yet. My older DS had a swim meet this weekend (which was so fun and he had a great day all around!) and now I need to pack us up to head to Florida for TG weekend.

Cathy – have a good rest day. Thanks for compiling holiday addresses. Do you have Wednesday off school?

Wendy—thanks for the info on JL tapes. I am liking S&L. Great job on your run yesterday.

Laura—I think abripper is hard! Good job on the superman/bananas. They are a great exercise and also kind of funny!

Carole—Happy upcoming Tofurkey day! I got a lot of heat this weekend at a football party for not eating the chili….it’s a bummer to get comments, but worse from relatives. I agree with your comments about Jari’s appearance. It’s a little disorienting, but I like the S&L exercises so far. Great run yesterday!

Jess—hope things go better for you today and this week! How did your veggies turn out? What spices did you use? Carrots & potatoes are a favorite combo for me.

Laurie—I missed if you posted about your date or is it upcoming or past? I am liking S&L, too. I didn’t realize Jari was Canadian. Tell Faith I like shredding, too!

ShellyC—awesome job on your race! That is so impressive. You will accomplish your marathon goal in January. I have no doubt

Christine—glad you are feeling better with your cold. I hope you get good news this week about your tests. What workouts are you planning for the holiday week?

Susan—great workout yesterday. The product you found sounds interesting. Glad it’s helping!

Sunny – good job on your race!

Elaine—it’s really impressive that you are taking on another marathon. That’s good news about your SIL. It’s nice you can be there for her.

Linda—bummer about the dog poop. How do you like S&L?

Off to my workout!

Have a great day Cheetahs! Hi to everyone else checking in later!
-Barb
:) :) :)

Hi Monday Cheetahs :)

My weekend was busy with family, therefore I didn't post much.

Cathy- are you taking grad courses? You are a busy teacher! I admire how you keep up the workouts :) I so wish my DSis, a teacher, would carve some time into her day for activity. She has let herself get obese, and it is sad to see a healthy body become unhealthy. (sorry to rant)

Sunny- Congratulations on doing your first race so well!!

Shelly- 3rd place! Way to go, especially on 11 miles!

Carole- 14.2 miles! hi five! did you feel great all day afterwards?

Linda- Dog poop can get in the way...

Barb- You DS had a good meet! It sure makes the ride home more fun!

Hi Elaine :)

Christine- how are your cold symtoms? Can yo WO with them?

Jes- I read about your awful Saturday. ((HUGS)) I also read about your disiplined weight loss and how you have been maintaining 2 years! This can be an inspiration to many.

HI Wendy and Laura!

Today is a run of about 6 miles. (hilly route again). DM was yesterday, so I'll skip legs today, and aim for a post run stretch and some abs.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning and happy monday to the wonderful cheetahgang! I'm finishing up a work nite here and have one night offx( After a nap I'll get in a 6 mile interval run and then get my Thanksgiving shopping done:9 I hope to get in some weight workout later, maybe MuscleMax...havent done that goodie in a while!

Judy- We're always glad to here from you whenever you have the time!!
6 miles of hill runs today!!! Have fun!

Barb- How great to hear from ya busy cheetah! Great job on a cold 8 mile run yesterday. It is hard to propel oneself outdoors in the morning this time of year! Have a great time in Florida.....are you driving or braving the airport holiday madness?

Cathy- you have yourself a well deserved rest day:7

Laurie- Thank you for your congrats from yesterday....how nice that your DDs get such good grades....they must have good inspiration from MOM!!!

Wendy- YOu are getting to be one dedicated hard core runner! Knocking off a morning cold 5 miler like it was nuthin!!!!
BTW- the superman-bananas in p90x are on the CoreSynergistics workout which is my favorite!!!!

Laura- Have a great time with your class today...or tonight, whatever. You know you've done well if the students whine ;-)

Elaine- Thank you so much for your encouraging words. They mean the world to me coming from you!!! I'm glad you feel it's not too late in training for the marathon. I've been working on a schedule and it looks doable!

Linda- LOL about your dog poo incident:D I hope you got your shoes reasonably clean again! It's one of the hazards of running I guess!
Even if you don't have a definite goal date for a half marathon at this time it certainly wouldn't hurt you to build up to that distance.
It will increase your confidence when you do get a goal race set up.

Susan- B&G and DM yesterday???? Sounds like my kind of workout}(
WTG!!!! I'm going to look into that biofreeze product....sounds good!

Christine- How great that your back in the game again!!!! Started out with a bang doing cardiofusion!!!!

Duty calls me.... I'll try to check back later.

ShellyC

hello cheetah ladies,

cathy- sorry for the long day. enjoy your rest day.

barb- thanks! slideboarding?? do you have a dvd for that? please pardon my ignorance.

judy- thanks, so much!! lovin' those hills aren't cha':D enjoy your run.

shelly- MM is definitely a goodie:) . have fun shopping today.

today's workout was a spin class this morning and then in the afternoon i am going to the gym again for the metabolic effect class.

have a great day ladies, only a 3 day workweek, woooohooooo!!!:D

Good Morning Ladies!

Wow! I haven’t felt this good in weeks! That cold really whipped me! I feel like the fog has lifted and the sun finally came out. Today I’m going to do Body Max 2 Boot Camp – I want to get in some weights. It’s been over a week. And that one just looks fun.

Cathy - enjoy your “rest” day. Doesn’t sound like a very restful day to me! Hope you have a great one!

Barb – you are one busy Cheetah! Glad you got in a good run. Thanks for all of the info on the vegan diet – so far so good. :+ Enjoy your Thanksgiving is Florida! That would be fun! I want to take a long run this weekend sometime. Other than that, I don’t know. I just know I do plan to work out.

Judy – that was what was so annoying about this cold – I didn’t really have cold symptoms – just a slight congestion, fever and fatigue. So, I wonder if I’ll get them now. LOL *knocks on wood* Enjoy your run!

Shelly – I have total faith in you! I know you can run that marathon! And it feels great to be back in the game! I was so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I so rarely get sick that I do not handle it too well. MuscleMax is one of my favorites!

Sunny – Spinning – how fun! I’m with you! 3 DAYS! I’m so excited.

Enjoy your days!

Shelly-unfortunately we are flying -- but once we get there it should be fun. Good luck with your run today and MM later. That workout is so "tidy," I love it.

Sunny- Spinning is hard! what is metabolic effect class? Slideboarding is something I do on my own, no DVD -- something recommended to me after an ITB injury/strain a few years ago. I just do it a few times a week and it helps keep my running muscles limber. It's a laminate board and you wear booties over your shoes and essentially speed skate, trying to stay low and push off the sides of the board.

-Barb

:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

My knee was not happy after my run y'day and this morning it is still complaining. I put some deep heating stuff for soreness on it and it feels a bit better but I'm not taking the chance of making it worse by running today soooo....

I am going to the gym to use the elliptical and then I'll come home and do u/b at nap time. I'm saving l/b for tomorrow due to my knee as well.

Cathy: Enjoy your rest day today if you take it. You know you are still welcome to run with me on friday! ;) :p :7

Barb: I am doing u/b too but probably Jari. I am going to stick with endurance work outs through the end of the month. In December I am switching gears to all strength!}(

Judy: DM y'day and a hilly run today? Oooh, great combo! }(

Shelly: I don't know about a hardcore runner...just a beginner who is a little crazy maybe!;)
I could see me watching the entire abripperx vid 1000 times thinking I missed the banana pose! Thanks for the heads up! LOL :7

Sunny: Two classes in one day? NICE!

Hi Christine--we must have been posting at the same time. Glad the vegan adventure is going well so far. Thanks for the TG wishes. I'll try to check the forums through my husband's Treo over the weekend to see about your test results, but won't have computer access for almost a week (Ahhhh---will I survive?)

Shelly--about the cold runs--I like them this time of year before it's too icy out. It's tricky to get down how to dress so I'm warm enough but not too warm as the run goes on. I have it down for now, but the colder weather in Michigan is coming fast. I bought a headlamp last week-- so I can look like a total dork when I run, but it's a great tool for when it's dark at the start of the run and it gives the deer around here something novel to look at! LOL.

-Barb:)

Barb - the earliest I'll find out anything is next Tuesday - not sure if you'll be back by then. I'll definitely keep you in the loop! Thanks sweetie and just enjoy - although I know what it's like to be without a computer - drives me bonkers.

Wendy - oh, I'm sorry! Ice it and take it easy for a few days. You should be okay. About P90X - I have two complaints - not enough leg work or variety (I usually add floor work one day, and for the second phase, I sub GS Legs), and Ab Ripper X is the only ab workout. It's tough, but I like more variety. So, I mix in Cathe abs. But, I can't wait 'til you get them. The plank to Chatarunga is the one that gets me - I call it plank to face plant!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...enjoy your rest day.

Barb...good job on your 8 miler. Thanks, I did have fun on my run. I will get thru T-Giving, at least I know my food will be good!!...:)..Yes, I do like Jari's workouts, the exercises are effective. I hope the TG trip to Florida goes well..:)

Judy...thanks...my legs were a bit tired for about 2 hours, then after my shower they felt better, and so did I...enjoy your hilly 6 today.

Shelly....have a good 6 miler and fun with MM. I have not done that one in awhile either.

Sunny...seems like a fun day at the gym!

Christine...That is great you have beat the cold! Let us know how BM2 BC is, it does look interesting! Yes, families can be bizarre sometimes! How did the Tuscan Style pasta turn out?

Wendy...thanks, there must have been something in the air for us to run further! Sorry about the sore knee....not running today is a good idea. Enjoy the Elliptical.

Laurie...interesting as the comments come from the sister I am closest too...? That is great about the girls report cards! Good workout, I had some shoulder DOMS from Slim & Lean yesterday.

I am planning on the Gauntlet and maybe B&G abs.

Have a good day...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/thanks3.gif[/img]

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well, it had to happen. My 7 yo woke up w/ a sore throat, tummy ache, & fever. The Dr. had said she'd call in a prescription this weekend if that happened so we didn't have to come back in, so I hope that she'll still do that! I have to take Kiersten's other bottle of meds in to fill & the receipt for them to fix that error anyway!! Kiersten went on to school though, she was feeling fine & annoying her sisters to pieces so I think she needs to see her friends!! }(

I'll have to cancel my PT for this morning. We'll see if I have to cancel for tomorrow too! I would like to attempt a run in the morning just to see if I have any pain!!! I'm a bit nervous about it, but I don't want to wait any longer. It's been almost TWO months!! I'm feeling a difference since going to PT, especially w/ the u/s. I'm faithfully doing my stretches too.

Well, I am thinking I'll do IMAX 3 later. And maybe GS C & T, we'll see if I have time. I'd like to get in some heavier lifting early in the week since I'll be at my Mom's from Wed night- Sunday & the heaviest weights she has is 8 lbs. :p But at least she has a treadmill so I can use that!

OK, need to go shower & get ready so when the Dr's office opens at 8:30 we can head out! I'll try to post later!

And Cathy ~ I sent you a PM!

Good morning cheetahs. It's my rest day today and I've got a mammogram appointment and errands to run so I'll still be busy. I need to get the rest of my Thanksgiving meal ingredients.

Cathy, I am just amazed that you are able to do so much....working full time, school and working out regularly. You are definately an inspiring cheetah. I plan on going to school in January and am already stressing about how I'm going to fit it all in and I don't even have a job!! Well, I guess you could say taking care of my kids requires a little bit of work but not quite like a paying job.

Barb, I'm looking forward to running the marathon! It will be just for fun, no time goal but I love having the focus and so I've got my next endeavor selected. This one will lend itself to finally using my new Cathe and Jari Love DVDs.:)

Judy, Weekends filled with family stuff are the best way ever to pass the time!

Shelly, Your mileage is already up there so I am sure that you'll just need to throw in some 18 and 20 milers (or longer if that is your preference) in the next month and your in business! You are going to do just great, I know it! Your race times are awesome and you've got a good mileage base so that's a pretty good indication
it's going to be great. I get all excited thinking about it so I can just imagine how you feel!:)

Sunny, I hope your post race high is lingering still. What is a metabolic effect class?

Christine, I'm so happy to hear that you are back and raring to go!

Wendy, For the record the banana/superman is on the Core Synergistics DVD. You'd be mighty frustrated for sure looking for it on Ab Ripper. The elliptical will be a perfect workout in place of your run today. Whenever I feel the slightest bit of pain that I know could turn into a full fledged injury I take it to the elliptical and I've had a year of injury free running. For me that is good because I have a leg length discrepancy that has caused problems in the past when I have taken it up a notch.

Carole, John's prognosis is better than I realized. If he's thinking of joining a basketball team then that must mean that his mental state is better. Prayers for him continue....

Jess, Good luck on your running attempt. I truly hope it turns out awesome!

Laurie, The stuff we do for my SIL is the very least we could do. Both DH and I love her to pieces and there is no way I would ever want to lose touch with her. My brother loved his wife very much, so not only do I know that he would be pleased that we are available to help her, but it helps me to feel a connection to him even though he is not here.

That's everyone, for now! I'll probably BBL so see you then!

SunnyD - Great job on your 1st 5K!! Way to go girl!! I'm very proud of you.

(I'm sorry to bud in here, I just want to make sure SunnyD sees this.)

Have a great day & run!

Hey Ladies:) This morning I tried the cardio step blast premix from B-Max2 and abs and I just finished 45 minutes of yoga/pilates from a BodyFlow DVD, good start to the day. I have to do some banking today and take the rubber cheque that the spa gave me and see how the heck I get in line for the money once the trustee steps inx( I'm really pi$$ed with the owners as they have not come through with any of the things that they said they would. I need a record of earnings for the year, access to my client's health histories and charts, I was told that this wouldn't be a problem but, alas, they are not available nor are they returning calls.x( x( Maybe I should have done some kickbox this a.m. and work out some animosities.}( :+

Cathy, hope your long day goes by fast. I'm sorry if I've asked this before but what is the focus of your studies. I think life long learning is awesome! There's a university in Kingston and I meet people in their 60's and 70's who are still taking courses. Keeps the ol' brain nimble!

Judy, funny my sister is a teacher also and let herself get obese (5'-220 lbs), she makes jokes of it but no-one's really laughing. I think the only thing that will motivate her is if her health is in peril. I feel sad for her and miss the girl I grew up with.

Shelly, enjoy MM, it's been a while for me too. I'm glad my Girls aren't like I was in High School, my grades were terrible but they saw me go back to school for 3 years in '01 and I did much better then:)

Sunny, I miss spinning, what a great workout!

Christine, enjoy your B-Max BC! I have some Aloo Gobi left over from last night and am sure it's one of those dishes that tastes better the next day. Can't wait until lunch!!:9 :(

Wendy, hope your knee feels better!

Carole, I hope I didn't speak out of turn regarding your DS, I guess it just got me thinking about my sister, I really do wish we were closer:)

Jess, sounds like at tough workout for today! Nice job!

Elaine, hope all goes as well as it can with your mammogram!

I gotta run, chat later!

Take Care
Laurie

HI Kristi-

Welcome to the Cheetah thread! Everyone is welcome :)

Jes- I am sorry the illness has spread in your family

Carole- Gauntlet after 14.2 miles? cool! maybe someday...

Sunny- It is not that I like hills, It is just the only way to get home!

Laurie- I hope you get your money and you client information. It is sad about our sisters, But mine in particular are in denial (both) and one of them just had a very long hospital stay which I believe was complicated by her obesity.

Shelly- good workout plan!

Elaine- thanks for mentioning the mamo. I need to make an app't! Yes, family time is precious.

Wendy- I 'm sending you good vibes on the knee pain! Do you need
new shoes? In the past when I had knee pain, I was told by my chiropractor to strengthen my quads evenly on medially and laterally. The standing leg extensions in L&G with the ankle weights and the front leg exercises in KM are helpful and I try to include them periodically in my leg workouts. ( I would maybe wait until after your race though to try anything different)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs!

I have a busy day today. I have my chiro appointment this morning which I have to take my 6 and 7 year old to because they are out of school and my 4 year old is having a holiday party at her school that I am volunteering in. They are going to have a complete thanksgiving spread. It should be fun!

My sciatica really hurts today. I know it is from the movie theater seats. We took our kids to see Happy Feet and I was so uncomfortable in those seats. I never even thought of it until my sciatica problem.

I took a rest day yesterday. My knees were sore and my body just needed a break. I think after Saturdays double workout of DM and Butts and Gutts, my legs needed a break.

My left eye has been twitching lately. Does anyone else ever have that problem?

Well, today I am going to do Jari loves slim and lean. It will be my first time. I don't like trying new workouts from other instructors, but I hear this is good, so I am going for it.

Cathy, Enjoy your day off. My sister and I are not close either. She is 9 years older than me. We are a bit closer since we have the mom thing to share now, but still not too friendly.

Barb, nice to see your post. You are doing some great workouts. I can't wait until I can run 8 miles again. I am laying off the running still. I ran once last week, but just was nervous about it the whole time. I will get there eventually.

Judy, It is hard to post on the weekends. My kids get pretty impatient with me when I am on the forum in the morning. Have a great run!

Shelly, sounds like a great workout today. I bet you are still so proud of your run. Bio freeze if great! You should definitley try it.

Sunnydelite, I love spinning. My gym does not have that, but I have done it before and it is hard! Have fun!

Christine, I am so glad you are feeling like your old self now. It is great when you wake up and feel good! Let me know how the Bootcamp workout is. I have not tried that one yet!

Wendy, sorry about the knee pain. I was having that this weekend too. I think it is from all the high impact stuff I have been doing. Enjoy your elliptical workout.

Carole, Ooh the Gauntlet. I have not done that one in awhile. I am too obsessed with the new workouts right now, that I can't part from them. My sister and I are very competitive when it come to everything. We are always comparing our weight our hair, everything! We are definitley not close and the 9 year age difference makes it worse.

Jess, sorry about your oldest and being sick. It always works out that way when you have multiple kids. good luck on your run and thank you for sharing you story with me about the clean eating. I am on track and you are an inspiration to all of us, truly.

Elaine, Have a rest day and have fun with all of your errands. It is amazing how much extra time we have when we don't work out. HAve a great day!

Laurie, sorry about the trouble you are having with the spa. It sounds like a great and creative workout you had today. How is the ankle doing?

That is it for me.

Cheers!

Susan

Hey all!!

BM2 BootCamp is a blast! I really enjoyed it. I think it’s actually the toughest circuit because of the blasts and the leg drills which are so tough. I love the way it ends with the Bonus cardio – all of the step combo’s done twice. This is one I’ll do again. What’s funny, is that I know this is the way I normally feel, but when you’ve been down for a week and are suddenly back, it really gives you an appreciation for what being fit does.

Carole – The Tuscan pasta was really good, except next time I’ll use half the pasta recommended. He says to use a full pound – I think 8 oz would be better with the veggies and stuff. Still, it was very flavorful, and we enjoyed it. It’s Veggie Wraps tonight – that’s from a different source – but they are good, too – brown rice, with red pepper, mushrooms, kidney beans, and green onions served with salsa in a tortilla.

Jess – sorry to hear your other daughter is down with the crud! Oh boy, never a dull moment, eh? I don’t know what to tell you about your knee. I want to say – GO RUN!! But, I don’t want you to push it. You’ll do what’s best – you always do!

Elaine – you are one of those people whose heart is just so big and the love you feel for so many people really comes shining through. I’m so glad I know you. Good luck on your mammogram.

Laurie – I’m just thrilled that you’re enjoying the Indian recipes so much! Yes, Aloo Gobi does taste better the next day. Enjoy!!

Susan – sorry you’re having Sciatica issues still! That has to be painful! And to be in pain and have such a packed day! WOW! Enjoy the Thanksgiving feast at your 4 yo’s school. Those are so fun! Do they have to dress up? My kids don’t have off until Thursday (they even have school on Wednesday!). Oh well, that’s okay – keep ‘em out of trouble!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.