CHEETAHS jump the hump, wednesday!

lederr

Cathlete
yay! half way to the weekend!!! sorry for the drive by posts lately. i have been sooooooo busy but think about "my girls" all the time!

yesterday, i had that early meeting to get to. i rushed and even cut my w/o short AND IT WAS CANCELLED!!! grrrr!

yesterday was CC6 (candace) and part of CC2.

today will be...something. i haven't decided yet. i am thinking step...

Good morning, Lorie and the rest of you cheetah babes!

Lorie :: how's your week going at school? Any chance the meetings are dying down soon?

Lori :: how is DS this morning?…No, surprisingly, my legs weren’t sore…they burned on some of the longer runs on day two and three, but no DOMS…a little tightness in the calves on Sunday…that's about it...I was really happy about it (and mentally thanking Cathe) b/c when I first started skiing two years ago, I was always sore all over the next day.

Wendy :: LMBO at the catsuit…oh yes, you are definitely going to become a bunny…I’m not giving you any choice in the matter! :) I bought a short-sleeve, button-down shirt at Target last night without trying it on, and I should’ve known better. It had elastic on the sleeves – dudn’t fit. Too tight on my arms.

Christine :: I love the way you think re: the equipment. How did your friends in Tahoe make out during that wild storm? I would seriously love for us to plan a ski trip somewhere in ’08-09...Any word on DMIL?

Carole :: thank you – it was a fairly quick checkup, just to refill my scrip…how’s everything going for you?

Posh :: hope you’re feeling better and making progress with the Yukon situation. Even though I can't join the festivities, thank you for coordinating the Nike HM registration for all of us.

Dallas :: how cute about the “bug in the throat.” :) Oh yes, I’m fine…I just needed a checkup.

Jackie :: glad your mom’s procedure went smoothly…The kitchen choices sound lovely. Look forward to seeing a pic or two when it’s all done…Hope you were able to get a good night’s rest after a busy day.

Hi Wendi, Kristi, Judy, Shelly, and anyone else dropping in today. Hope you all have a GREAT day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

morning ladies,

lorie- so sorry about the frustrating day yesterday. grrrr

kristi- i am sure you will do fine with all of your races.

christine- sorry about your dmil and poor dh. i have 6 kb's 35, 26, 20, 2 15;s, 12, and a 10. i am done buying those for a good while. speaking of kb workouts have you checked out steve maxwell's 300 kb challenge}( :p

wendy- gotta love target. i went in for one thing yesterday and came out again with more than i went in for. just had to check out the fitness gear again:p :7

dallas- i can do the istrength's at home. i really love them. esp the legs and abs. legs and abs are worked throughly in only 30 mins!

cathy- the 'tane dryness gets better every day. my joints are feeling better too. and no new blemishes!!

no more time for personals will try to get back later.

love you all!!

my workout today is itread drills (finally gonna get to try that one) and p90x back and bi's.

ttyl...:D

oops, read my rotation wrong. today is a cardio day. since drills is already done ( i really liked it). I am not a strong a runner as the rest of you...so i will take my walk breaks when given:7 . i am still going to do my planning kickbox workout. a new one i have had for awhile but haven't done it. KungFu kickboxing!!

off to train:D }(

Good morning Cheetah babes!

This should be my last drive by...I *hope* :(. This morning was 4DS Legs (2X) and Shoulders...weird combo, I know, but I have to be careful of certain DOMS with bowling on Thursdays. The double legs happened because, when I went through it the first time with my cheat cards (what weight I use for what exercise), it was way too easy :eek: this time around. I had to increase my weight by quite a bit for most of the exercises. I'm most proud of jumping from 8s to 13s during the low pulse lunges. BTW, I don't have 12s so I hold a 5 and an 8 in each hand...gets a bit cumbersome sometimes lol!

Anyhoo, I' ve got to get to work. I will try my darndest to get back here tonight. I hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning Cheetahs. :)

Lorie: Good work out! Sorry about the meeting being cancelled. How annoying!

Cathy: I dream of growing long pointy ears, fur and a cotton ball tail next winter. :7 I didn't try on the work out clothes either, hence my multiple trips to Target these days. It's okay though cause every time I go I find something else!}(

Sunny: Yeah, it's safe to say that Target is da bomb!:+ Let us know how you like the new kick box work out!

Wendi: Good job doing 4DS legs twice! I LOVE the 4DS shoulder work out!

I have legs on tap for today...thinkin' Legs portion of Legs and Back again!}(

BB after work!:)

BTW Sunny...

I re-evaluated my plan and I think I will only be 2 weeks behind you on NROL4W if that! I knew you'd make me wanna start earlier!}(

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie...sorry about the meeting being canceled when you got there early...

Cathy...things are going okay. I had some stomach issues yesterday which made me skip my workout except for the run...

Sunny...enjoy Kung Fu Kickboxing

Wendi...wow, 4DS legs twice is a tough one...:)

Wendy...LOL about the Almond trees!!! Yes the bee's love the blooms...:)..have fun working the legs.

Christine...So sorry about your DMIL...:(...it does sound like a huge hassle for you to get there...wow!! Sending my thoughts and prayers...

Posh...thank you, I did get registered!

Dallas...funny bug story!! My workout did not actually happen yesterday, but it probably would have taken just under 2 hours. I always felt PlyoX was a good workout for runners.

Judy...I only have a couple of fragrant roses, but they are all pretty when I cut them and bring them in the house...:)

Jackie...glad things went well with your Mom's appt. Good workout yesterday.

I only managed a run yesterday as I was having stomach issues. Just felt crappy. So after my run I did some cleaning with a Mr Clean eraser...anyone used one of these? Oh my, it does make cleaning easier, especially the shower and bathtub...Today will be 4DS Bi's & Tri's, abs and cardio of some sort. It is way windy outside so I am thankful I ran yesterday!!

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Dallas - Your floors and cabinets sound beautiful. I like the Brazilian cherry floors too. But, that's as dark as I like. Hope DS feels better.

Wendy - I think I just want to concentrate on building more lean muscle mass. With GS I can do the entire workout or the premixes and still feel like I got a complete workout. Mom is anemic. Doctor thought she might have some internal bleeding that may be the culprit. She had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. A little stomach irritation was found. Doc said that may have been the problem. But, other than that everything else was fine.

Lorie - Know that had to be aggravating to cut the workout short and find out the meeting was canceled. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hope you had a good workout today.

Cathy - Ugh on the shirt not fitting!!x( I slept pretty good last night. Maybe I can sneak a few pictures in this weekend of the house. I'm really pleased with the way things are going.

Sunny - Why can't we go in Target and pick up what we went in for? Guess that wouldn't be any fun. Enjoy your workout.

Wendi - Great job on getting the workouts in. Congrats on increasing the weight.

Carole - Sorry the tummy is not feeling well. Never thought about using Mr. Clean erasers in the bathroom. Will have to give it a try. I've used it on the walls to remove some spots. Enjoy your workout.

I did GS Legs Timesaver #2, the rest of Core Max #1 and about 10 minutes of Winsor Pilates Back. My chest, arms and core are still sore from my workout Monday.

Hello to all others.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Jackie

wendy- yippeeeeeeeeeee!! aw c'mon what's two weeks. start the beginning of april with me}( :p . i will definitely let you know.

carole- hope you are feeling better today. i use the mr. clean eraser and love it esp. on scuff marks on the walls. little kids love the walls for some reason:-(

jackie- yep, that's right. hey, i tell my dh I am a woman so it is my birthright to shop, haha:7

wendi- please do not stress yourself over personals. it's all good girl:D

Morning Gals!

Drive by post, but I'll be back. I kept DS home from school only because he didn't eat much and I think he'd get dizzy and weak at school. Besides they're doing state testing.

Anyway, I did P90X -S&A and then another quick 3 miles on the treadmill (I went a little over 3 miles). Those short & fast runs are tough. I was winded this morn. I still have ARX and a little stretch to do, but will do that when I get back. I have to take DS & his friend to preschool.

~TTFN :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Oh my what a night! It never rains, but pours, it seems! DD18 called with pain in her lower abs. We made a doctor’s appointment, and he said that he thought it was appendicitis, so off to the emergency room we went. 4 hours later we were told it was an ovarian cyst causing her pain, and that she could go home. I’m thankful it was not serious! Especially with DH out of town and dealing with issues of his own. But I’m exhausted. I’m going to try to work from home today, and recoup. I’ll get some kind of cardio in later.

Posh – thanks for the info on the registration for the Nike Marathon! I’m all registered and I have my fingers crossed. I especially thank you because you’re feeling horrible and have to deal with your Yukon and everything! Hope that is going well!

Kristi – thanks for the prayers! They are definitely appreciated. Glad you will make the Nike HM! I hope we get selected so I can meet you!

Dallas – Oh my your son is precious! Sounds like he has quite the imagination!! I love the way the 4 and 5 year old mind works. And I don’t blame him for being afraid of bugs! Thanks for the hugs!

Judy – Thanks for the prayers! Lazy days are good once in a while. I would love to be lazy today!

Wendy – how was MIL’s dinner? Thanks for the prayers and hugs! Kettlebells ARE expensive! You can get a lighter one from Play it Again sports cheaper than the one at Target, but they are certainly not cheap, and you wouldn’t want to start with anything less than 8k (around 16 pounds) anyway. Glad it’s making them easier to resist!

Jackie – thanks for the prayers! I am very happy your mom came through the out-patient procedure well. Good job getting in a good workout!

Lorie – I hate when I rush to go somewhere, only to have it cancelled. How frustrating. Good job thought – sounds like a great rushed workout!

Cathy – My friends actually came home on Monday – the storm had passed on Sunday – so the roads were clear. But they said Sunday was really wild skiing (you would not catch me out there skiing in that crap!). If you make it to Tahoe, I would certainly join you! DH is flying up to see his mom right now. As soon as I know anything I’ll let you know.

Sunny – Oh okay, I have pretty much the same, except the lighter ones – I don’t have anything lower than 15 and I’m okay with that. I have 2 26’s. I was considering 2 15’s but I usually need two for rows, and those I wanted something bigger. I may go for another 15 or 20, and then I want a 35 (but I can wait for that one – most of videos have 1 handed swings, so I don’t miss the 35 pounder!). I’ve been reading about Maxwell’s 200 kb challenge. I have two more workouts coming, so I’ll have to hold off for a bit. Amazing.

Wendi – hey crazy busy Cheetah! I’ve done the 5 and 8 pd dumbbell thing, too – finally broke down and got 12’s but they are my least used dumbbells. Great job on the 4DS legs x 2 and increasing the weights! Yeah!

Carole – Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! They are greatly appreciated. Sorry you weren’t feeling good yesterday! It’s windy there? It’s very calm here. Odd how that works. Enjoy your Bi’s and Tri’s and cardio!

Well, I guess I should be off. I have to figure out which workout I’m doing! Have a great day everyone!

fly by work out report in between testing kids. i did BM2 and addede the bonus cardio twice but didn't have time for abs or the stretch. i hadn't done it in so long and it was FUN!

Good morning dear cheetahs:) I'm feeling 100% again and got in a great workout yesterday doing HSC when I got up and later the original BC:7 :7 Continuing with the packing.... this office/library where I am now is getting kind of bare! Hopefully my Pa RN license will be coming soon and we can really kick it into gear.

Lorie- How frustrating to make time for a meeting that was cancelledx( x( but that was great that you managed to get in a good sweaty workout anyway!

Cathy- got back into the swing of things okay? What's the workout plans for today?

SunnyD- I resisted trying the iTread drills-- I prefer solid running....}( }( }( When Grace calls for a walking break I usually just take it down to about a 6.0 mph pace. Did you see that they are updating with new workouts this Friday? Kung Fu KB sounds fun!

Wendi- Love your rotation!!! Sounds quite challenging}( Great job with the 4DS legs x 2:eek: The 12 lb DBs are harder to find but worth it IMHO. I use them quite a bit.

Wendy- Have an awesome leg day and I hope work goes smoothly for ya.

Carole- Hope your stomach issues were only temporary... I really got side tracked with an enterovirus last week!!. Your comment about the Mr Clean Eraser got my attention... I've been meaning to try it and with all the cleaning ahead of me I'll check it out... thanks!

Jackie- So I guess now you'll have sore legs to go with the rest of the bod??? }( }(

Dallas- Sounds like you are ready to do a kick a$$ 5k!!

Christine- Wow, you've been thru a ringer lately!!! Your poor DH!!!! But it is wonderful that he is there for your MIL. Quite understandable that you can't be there---- HUGS to ya!
Glad your DDs abd pain turned out to not be appendicitis!

Okay, time to get the tush into gear. I'll be doing ISprints 13 and 19 back to back:7 :7 :7 Later will be some fun cardio-- maybe some TJ.

ShellyC

Hi Girls.

So my new TJ workouts are on a UPS truck to be delivered to me today. They SHOULD be here any minute. I sure hope so! Now that I know they are coming, I want to do the lower body routine today! Yes, I know...what happened to the Legs and Back minus Back plan? Well it's still my back up if the TJ's don't arrive in time!:p :7

Sunny...The BEGINNING of APRIL?? I thought you were starting NROL4W at the BEGINNING of MAY girl! The EARLIEST I had planned on departing from the X+ was the 2nd week of April when I go out of town for a wedding! If I stick it out my rotation will end at the end of April and after a week or two of recovery/endurance work I could start NROL4W. Well, we'll see what happens...I simply may not be able to resist but you'd better warn me if you are changing your mind and thinking of doing something different BEFORE I quit the X+ early (if I cave) or I'll hafta beat on ya with a kettlebell!:7 :p ;) :) (a light one, ofcourse!LOL)

Carole: Sorry about the tummy issues. DH had some last night. It's the worst. Knock on wood: I've had very little of that for a long time now. I hope it stays that way. Yes, I've used the magic eraser. They are great for cleaning the walls-they don't remove the paint with the dirt! LOL Have fun with 4DS!

Jackie: I hope your mom feels better soon. Glad to hear it was a minor prodedure. Have fun with your GS rotation!

Dallas: Nice work out today and you still have to do ARX!? You animal! LOL ARX is tough. I always dreaded doing that work out even though it yields amazing results! Hope DS is on the mend!

Christine: Glad your DD is OKAY. You are right...not a good time to have something go awry with her health on top of everything else. Dinner was nice. It's never "healthy" but always yummy. :9

Shelly: I get tired just reading about your work outs. I love your energy but have no idea where you get it from! LOL

Well, I have to be back at the gym by 4:30 for a meeting and then I'm going to run after that since I'm there. This way I don't have to go to the gym tomorrow and can just do yoga at nap time. I have to hit the bank, Target (oh the horror! LOL) and food shop and maybe even hit Costco if I have time so not having to go the gym as well will be a good thing. That being said, my UPS guy is running out of time here...my window of opportunity is dwindling....GRRRR. It just may have to be Legs minus Back today...He's got until 2:30....We'll see what happens!

BBL!

Hello Again!

I got in ARX and about 17 minutes of Yoga X. I'm have soup on the stove simmering, so thought I'd do some personals.

Wendy ~ I'm really enjoying this P90X rotation so far. Of course, I'm not doing pull ups, but I'm sure to feel the burn with the pulley system and lat pull downs, etc. :) What are you waiting for from UPS? What kind of run will you do at the gym?

Shelly ~ Actually, I found a guy's website JohnBingham.com. "The Penguin". I'm had to laugh reading a little on his website. Maybe I should start a Penguin Check In. Cuz, I sure the heck ain't a Cheetah! LOL! However, I do feel ready to run a 5K, but need to work on that speed. ;-) You sound like your 100%. Nice workouts!

Christine ~ I'm so glad it was nothing serious for DD. That does hurt though...poor thing. :( Have you heard from your DH?

Jackie ~ Thanks! Your house sounds so warm and cozy. :) Hope your arms thaw out. }(

Carole ~ Oh no, are you feeling better? Yep, love those magic sponges! They work on just about anything. Wow! You got all that cleaning done when you felt like crap?!?!? :eek:

Wendi ~ Nice workout! Have fun bowling! :)

Sunny ~ Can't wait to hear the reviews. Where do you find about all these different workouts? :) I really miss kickboxing on a regular basis. SInce I fell in Dec. I'm trying to be careful. One day a week is fine right now. OK, which iStrengths can you recommend? }(

Cathy ~ Glad everything is A-OK. How are you otherwise? Are you trying to get back in the groove from your vacation?

Hi Lorie, Lori, Posh, Linda, Judy, Kristi

Oh, got to get DS from his friend's house. My other DS8 is just about 100%. :) Have a great night. My in laws are coming over to celebrate my b-day (cake and all). Here I thought I was good on my b-day. LOL! She's Greek, so she wouldn't listen anyway if I told her not to bring a cake. Just like My Big Fat Greek Wedding. :7

Hey.

Just a quickie check-in to say that Mr. UPS guy didn't disappoint me! I did my new TJ lower body work out which was just under 30 mins long (skipped the stretch) and then added on about 1/2 of the Legs and Back leg work to make an hour's worth of burnin' lower body! I'm happy! I still hafta run though so we'll see how happy I am after THAT!:p LOL

GTG!

BBL!

Hi Cheetahs! This will need to be quick. The day is very quickly slipping away from me. Last night I took a rest day. Today during lunch I was going to run on the treadmill but I received a call from DD’s daycare teacher. Her stomach was hurting again from the virus. So I rushed to daycare during my lunch to give her the medicine and hold her during her naptime. When I left to go back to work she was sleeping pretty soundly so hopefully the medicine had kicked in. Tonight I will get in an itread workout while the kids are sleeping.

Lorie – Sorry to hear about you rushing to get to an early appt that was cancelled. Hopefully it wasn’t an indication of how the rest of your day went.

Wendy – My DH will be gone a little over a week for work, but he will also be able to meet up with some friends for a couple days as well. I love your new avatar pic of Joey. Boy he is getting big and even more adorable. How is that possible?

Sunny – Thanks for the racing encouragement.

Christine – What a relief re: DD. I’m glad it wasn’t appendicitis. I would really like to meet you too. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that our group is picked. 

Cathy – How is work going? Are you finished with NBs?

Wendi – Great job on increasing your weight during low pulse lunges. Those get me every time.

Carole – I hope your stomach is feeling better today.

Jackie & Dallas – Great workouts today!

Shelly – I’m glad you’re feeling better. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your licensing comes through soon.

Waves to all the other cheetahs I may have missed. Time to close up shop and go pick up the kiddos from daycare. Have a great night!

Hi all!

And now to continue the saga … (I’m feeling like my life is becoming a saga right now – but it will get better) my DH’s GMC Envoy was in to the service shop for repair and it was parked outside when some wonderful woman decided to back right into it. Nice dent in the bumper. She had insurance and they were going to cover the car, so all was well, until I get a call from her insurance company telling me that the person who hit the car is not insured through them. Wonderful, so now I get to handle the details. Oh well, at least no one was hurt, and unlike Thomasina I was not stranded on the side of the road with my precious puppies in the car. On the bright side, I’m down another 2 pounds! I think a lot of that loss is from the stress of yesterday. But if I keep even one of those pounds, I’m thrilled. I ended up doing BOSU Blast and adding the BMax 2 Combined on to the end. No abs, because the kettlebells are working the abs enough, thank you!

Lorie – sounds like a fun workout!

Shelly – I’m so glad to hear you’re 100% again – it feels great, doesn’t it?! Sounds like a really fun workout day for your yesterday! I have my fingers crossed that you get your PA RN License soon! The nurses at the ER last night were phenomenal, and I thought of you. DD18 had had a very bad experience with an IV and the nurse was so professional and so sweet about it. I so appreciated it, as did DD18. I think we all get turns in the ringer, and it’s simply my turn right now. Things will get better – but I would prefer that to happen soon rather than later. :+ Thanks for the hugs. I guess MIL is better again – I just don’t think these rural Indian doctors know what they’re doing. It’s pretty bad up there.

Wendy – How fun! I just got my AOS workout, too. I’m stoked – it’s on the agenda for tomorrow! Have fun on your run and your trip to Target – hey pick me up a 15 pound kb will ya? Turns out I will need it after all. :p Sounds like a great workout! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

Dallas – Oh soup sounds wonderful!!! I’ll be right over… :p I spoke to DH this morning. He’s leaving for Delhi tomorrow morning which is this evening to us. I’ll know more then. Enjoy your Big Fat Greek Birthday.

Kristi - you snuck in on me. I hope we get picked too!!! How fun would that be???? Hope DD is feeling better really soon.

Good evening Cheetah babes!

Just got home, nuked din din and now am settling in to catch up with the bestest bunch of ladies around :D! Please fogive me if I'm a bit out of the loop. I've been able to skim the past few days but not able to catch all the details.

Lorie - BM2 is a fave...great job! How's the shoulder doing...ouch! It sounds like you had a good time lifting with the boys. So when is your next date with them }(?

Cathy - I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time in VT! When we got snow on Friday I was soooo excited for ya up there. It must have been beeeoootiful.

Sunny - You and Wendy are too funny with your Target addiction! Okay, zipping up the flame suit, Target just doesn't do anything for me...I know crazy, right :eek:? I guess my wallet probably doesn't mind too much lol! How was the Kung Fu Kickboxing?

Wendy - Awwww, such a dependable UPS guy...I'm glad he came through for you. I can't believe you're going to run after that, too :eek:. That was quite the agenda you had today!

Carole - Sorry to hear about the stomach funk. So, you felt like crap so you decided to clean? Oh, yeah, that's what I would have done...not! I'll have to try that eraser out. The wind was really whipping here, too :eek:. Nice workout today...I've got Bi's, Tri's and abs on the schedule for tomorrow.

Jackie - Wow, two-day DOMS...that must have been some workout on Monday! Nice mish mosh you put together today. Oooh, can't wait to see pics of the house.

Dallas - LOL about the "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" cake thing! Enjoy every bite! Great workout today.

Christine - Sending you and your family some serious {{{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}! This too shall pass. Glad to hear that DD's pain wasn't anything serious. I'm trying to save my pennies for 20s, a 25lb and a 30lb so the 12s are kind of on the back burner for now. I just wish I had bigger hands. Great workout today!

Shelly - So glad to hear that you're back to full fighting form...although that's kind of a scary thought for us mere mortals :p. Uh, HSC and BC in the same day...CRAZY!!!! Like I said to Christine, I think I "need" the bigger guys first. You should see me trying to hold 2 10s and an 8 all together for pullovers...not easy. And thank you for taking that day of rest in my honor. In return, I will add some stretching and/or yoga in on Fridays.

Kristi - So sorry to hear that DD is still not feeling well. {{{{HUGS}}}} to the little one! You really are earning that title of Super Mom Cheetah these days. Yeah, I used to *dread* those lunges...I think it might be all that time I've spent with B&G this past month or so.

Waves HI to Judy, Posh, Lori and anyone else who might happen to drop by.

Tomorrow morning's workout is 4DS Bi's & Tri's and LIC abs. If I have any extra time I might try to run through the abs twice. Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.