::: CHEETAHS ::: humptastic wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs!

Thanks for the responses about the insomnia. It has started to take a toll, and I may drop to lurkdom temporarily or post a little sporadically until I can get a handle on responsibilities. Yesterday afternoon I was dragging so badly, I didn't run. Gotta break this terrible cycle. It's NOT workin' for me. Anyway, just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Gloria --- I hear you on the expenses. Last summer, on a lark, I started a spreadsheet to keep track of all the cash I funnel back into the system. Before school even started, I was up to $2,000. No kidding. Between National Board fees and the support class costs, books for the classroom library, professional books, a few new posters, office supplies—you know the drill--it seriously adds up, more than I'd realized. I meant to keep a tally going throughout the school year, but things became crazy-busy with NB work that I let it go. It has to be well over $3,000 at this point…I love to be outside, too. Yesterday I brought my students outside to deliver their poetry recitations under a shady tree. Ahhh! We were all enjoying the moment, and then wouldn’t you know-- the maintenance guys fired up their industrial-sized lawnmowers and “killed” it! *lol* …Yes, definitely charge for your tutoring services! The usual going rate around me is $45/hour. In my former district, it was $30-35. Enjoy your time out in the fresh air with the kids today. :)

WT --- IA with your comments about the education field. People on these boards are extremely supportive, but IRL I hear grief from people in my own family. I’m sick of it, frankly.

Sunny --- fantastic to hear that you were trainer to the winner…congrats! Let us know your thoughts on JS.

Kath --- oh yeah, your MIL sure sounds like a piece of work… “Demanded” that he fix her hopper??? *lol*…I get massages once a month and do sleep like a baby after. Wish I could go more often! :)

Judy --- sending lots of good luck vibes to DD.

Wendy --- sorry about your day…I think you are fine with a short run tonight.

Christine --- I don’t reach for GS Legs all that often, either… ya know, it’s not falling asleep initially that’s the problem. It’s that I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep.

Carole --- Awesome that you’re booked!!!! Yipppeeeeee! :7 :7 :7 Looks like some cool swag for that 5K!…IA about the massage—my MT always find knots I’m never aware of. It’s been a long time since I’ve done any speedwork, either. I still need to drop a few more lbs…how many hill repeats did you do in that 4 miles?

Dallas --- I did—thank you. With the exception of last Sunday’s long run (during which I had chafing problems), things are going well, but the heel lift is still on backorder. I don’t visit the chiro for another two weeks, so I may call and see if I can pick it up before then if it comes in.

Jackie --- I’ve never tried counting before…have to stop my mind from racing...how’s the house coming along?

POSH!!! --- it’s always great to see you check in. Glad the running’s going well during all the busy-ness.

Have a great day, everyone!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning CHEETAHS :) :) :)

Today is either a run outside or I hit the gym for some circuits and stuff. I'm watching the weather and figure if tomorrow will be rainy , I'll do circuits then. If we only could predict the weather huh? :) So it's a run or a sweatyfest on some machines plus chest and ab work.

Plan is to tackle my son's room today and the family/workout room or mud room. It may end up being the mudroom/DS's room as that we have to go to DS's college for his awards today. If I do the larger room, I'll be wearing parfum *O De Mr Clean* That won't go over well :) Think we are taking younger DD and DS out to dinner afterwards.

Cathy: That so sucks on the sleeping. It has to be catching up with you. I know when we traveled for vacation I was wide awake the whole way down and coming back. The first few nights of sleep at home were not restful. By day 3 home-- I was crashing big time. Take some time for yourself. Get that massage-- if stress is coming into play try to stay away from it-- I know easier said than done. MIL is a huge stress in our lives. I have learned to not let her CONTROL how we feel and react to her. In a way it's her sick way of getting what she wants--- EVERYONE miserable. She was horrible to DH last night. He was away all day for a meeting--driving 6hours to and from, and then to have to face her last night. She barked a few orders out at him as he finished the job. He decided he had enough and said bye. I guess she was satisfied with that and decided to call here to see if she could stir me up. I didn't bite. I mentioned how DH got the hole in one and having his name in the paper. She didn't say a thing. After some more mumbles she said "Kath you understand how I feel right?" I thought to self oh boy-- I'm so not getting involved in this and politely ended the call. You can borrown my MIL if you like-- course that won't help with your sleeping and it may lead to you enjoying a few extra CABS when she is around :+

I need a refill :)
I'll be back :)

Kath --- Yeah, I do have the feeling that I'm perpetually jet-lagged right now. Gotta snap out. CONGRATS on DH's hole-in-one! How cool he made the paper. *lol* about MIL. Borrow her? No thanks! :7 Sounds like you know just how to handle her. Guess you gotta be able to laugh. Enjoy your run or circuitfest, whatever you wind up doing. Congrats also to DS...what is he being honored for?

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning all!

No time for personals. Just wanted to post that my w.o. was 5 miles to Itread9/60 min. in 46:16. Fast for me! :) BBL!

He is receiving a Philosophy award. I guess top student. He had a 4.0 in the class. He is also receiving a Comp Sci award from the Comp Sci professors. His GPA is 4.0. Made president's list every semester. He sooooooooo does not have my brain :)

He started out as a history major.He wanted to teach history. He took a Calc class and loved it. Found he really liked math/sciences so he switched to Comp Sci major. Now the Math chair wants him to get a minor in math.

I do have to laugh at MIL. Sometimes it is not easy. I think she has allot of guilt. Wants people to feel sorry for her--when in fact she should embrace what she has. 4 successful children--all healthy marriages. 6 grandkids and two great grandkids all healthy and very successful. She just does NOT get it.

Good Morning Cheetahs. :)

Well, it looks DH's job has put the kibosh on my evening outdoor run plan for tonight. He worked o/t last night (until midnight!) and will more then likely work it tonight as well.

I am not sure what's up for today now....it's cardio I know but I have to decide between a vid at home at nap time or a run at the gym after nap. Things that make ya go mmmmmm. LOL

My legs are feelin' pretty darned good. So much so that I thought about a leg work out today but decided to wait another day or 2. I will get one in this week though. }(

So I completed my 2nd week of BBC y'day. I think I am going to do 2 more weeks of it to make it a "real" rotation and then see what happens. If DH has started and is sticking to the X then I will start doing it as well. If he isn't then I will decide at that point what I want to do.

Oh and I forgot to tell you! When we were walking around waiting for everyone to line up at the start on Sunday I passed a girl who I swore I recognized from the gym (a member who brings her son into daycare often). I didn't remember her name so I didn't say anything but y'day she came into the daycare kind of limping (LOL) so I asked her. YUP, it was her alright! She did the full. It's her second mary. She came in around 5 hours both times. I think she came in a bit before 5 hours the first time but this time she came in a bit after 5. Apparently she was running with a first timer so she was keeping pace with that person. She showed me her upper thigh...she said she fell early on in the race on Sunday and was bleeding all down her leg for a while but kept on going! She had one big nasty bruise and several cuts on her. What a trooper to just shake it off and keep going! She was VERY sore y'day but was there to try and run on the TM. She ended up running a mile and stopping. She said it hurt too much. I would say so! LOL OUCH!

Okay, I'm done babbling for now...I'll be back after work with personals!:+

Happy Wednesday Cheetahs!

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m tired of the elections. I think we need a different way to elect our officials. But, anyway… :+ I finally heard from my boss on my raise. It was nice, very nice. I am very happy. I have GS C&T on tap (Cathe’s rotation calls for a 5 mile run today, but I’ll do that this weekend). I’ll add Amy’s HLK. I can feel the DOMS in my legs, but it’s not too bad, yet.

Wendy – glad to hear that your workout was just what you needed! Nice that your legs are feeling better. I love you plan for the X and DH! Absolutely get a run in today – just take it nice and slow! Amazing about the girl at your gym trying to run so soon after a full mary! OUCH!

Kath – Congrats on DH’s hole in one! That’s impressive! I love the smell of a freshly cleaned house! I want to go party with you. :p

Sunny – oh my! Afterburn kicked YOUR butt all over the place?! I’m very afraid! Have fun with your Jump Snap!

Thomasina – always great to hear from you! Glad to hear that even in the midst of all of your posh chaos, you are still running! :p Good job!

Gloria – Oohhh, an Eoin virgin! You don’t know what you’re missing! I’ve been so afraid to try other instructors, too, but I’ve been branching out slowly. I like Amy Bento, Seasun Ziegler and Sharon Twombley. Oh yeah, and Coach Troy of Spinervals fame who likes to torture me (and everyone else). I swear the most at Cathe and Coach Troy. Actually yesterday I didn’t swear at Cathe, I just kept telling Jimmy to bite her. :+ GS Legs is a goodie. It hits every inch of your legs. On tutoring the kid – YES CHARGE! Your time is valuable and worth money (with or without the canoe business). It’s nice that the other teacher volunteered her time, but that should not set the bar. If you feel bad about charging, charge a little less than you think you should, but do find out standard tutoring rates in your area (here in California they are $40-$50 an hour).

Dallas – Oh cool about daycare! Glad you got in a good run! Yeah, spinning doesn’t get any easier – which is great. You can always go harder and faster! I love it! My legs are a bit sore – I matched Cathe with weights where I can usually go heavier – I just haven’t lifted for so long, that I wanted to start a little slower. I could bring Jimmy to work every day – he’s such a well behaved dog actually – but I don’t want to bother everyone else. I just bring him once a week or so for half a day (he gets antsy and bored if it’s more than that).

Cathy – Oh I hope you get some sleep soon! I hate walking around half asleep! I also hate waking up and staring at the ceiling while thinking I should be asleep. You do what you need to do, but we’ll miss you!! I actually enjoyed GS Legs yesterday – perhaps because I don’t do it too often! Have you considered Ambien? DH swears by it when he’s flying and dealing with jetlag.

Off to get more tea. I think I need to take some allergy meds and mine are starting to bother me. We have them, but I forget to take them at night when I really need them! Have a great day, all!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Chicago should be so fun! Yes, my sister wanted to register early for the 5K so we could get some extra stuff! I don't do hill repeats the traditional way but on my course I just sprint up every hill. Yesterday I had 5 hills in my 4 mile course.

Wendy...that would be cool if DH did the "X" with you! I am looking forward to Chicago as I have never been there. Sorry your friend canceled on the run today. Glad your legs are feeling better...wow, about your friend from the gym completing the whole mary after a spill!! That is not close to easy...

Kath..Cool about DH's hole in one! Mich Ultra has always been my choice of a CAB. WOW, you are a cleaning machine...hope you get it all done today. Enjoy your Gym workout...

Christine...I was tired of the elections last year!! Politics is not my best subject...Congrats on the raise!! Have fun with GS C&T and HLK. My allergies have been not great lately...must be the cottonwood tree in our backyard!! I take my meds every morning and sometimes one again in the afternoon.

Sunny..sounded like a real kick butt workout yesterday! I hope you like Jump Snap..

Posh...nice to see you for a sec!!..:)...

Gloria...Chicago will be fun as I have found it is always fun meeting cheetahs...:)..ACES does sound like fun so enjoy your non ironing day..

Dallas...good job with the iTread yesterday. So you don't like hill repeats?..:)...SO did I read you were NOT doing the Chicago marathon?? Either way it will be great to meet you...:)...AI was ok...I think dreads might be going. Archuletta seemed to be the judges favorite..

I am doing leg curls and exts, 4DS Bi's & tri's and an Amy kickbox mish mosh..

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs! :)

Christine - I will be moving Saturday! Yippee!! :7 I can't close yet since the mortgage company agent is on vacation but the bank didn't have a problem with it. I have insurance coverage. So, I'll get the show on the road. I'm with you on the elections. I'll be so glad when it's all over and done. Congratulations on that raise! So happy for you!

Carole - Great job on the hill repeats! So what does the Amy Kickbox mish mosh consist of? Hope you enjoy it.

Wendy - Good luck with the next round of X. Hope you can convince DH to join you. Glad you're feeling better. Exercise is a great mood booster. Sorry your plans fell through for tonight. Quite a story about the lady from your gym. She was determined.

Kath - You wanna come and do my windows for me? :9 That's one thing that has to be done at the new house. Good luck with the rest of the house. Congrats to DH on that hole in one! Wow!! Congrats to DS! What an accomplishment!

Sunny - Great job with Afterburn! Using Jump Snap with boxing sounds like a good challenge.

Posh - Hi! Always good to see you.

Gloria - I love iTreads too. They are so much fun and so challenging. I usually need a rotation so I don't have to guess about what workout I'll do at 4:30 in the morning.

Dallas - Good job with 7 mile run yesterday! LOL about a hamstring DOMS party. Hope it can be a massage included party. Meditative stretch is just doing some easy stretches and relaxation at the end. It's about 15 minutes.

Cathy - I'm right there with you on this sleep thing. I was awake before 3 this morning and my mind started racing about all the things I need to get taken care of. Couldn't go back to sleep. x( Hope you find something that works for you so you can get some much need zzz's. House passed all inspections except the appraiser one. The mortgage company has to get it scheduled. But, I'm moving Saturday.

Anybody tried Jillian Michael's Shred workouts?

I did iStrength #8 today. I warmed up on the EXT. Also, had to modify some of the exercises to work with what I had. It was a good workout.

Happy Hump Day ladies!

Jackie

I'm back :)

Had a nice sweat circuit workout at the gym. I noticed some of the regulars spend more time talking then working out LOL. Funny how it's more a social thing for some people.

Christine: CONGRATS on the raise.

Wendy: Sounds like that girl took a beating and kept going. Do you think she is someone you would race with if there were another? I don't mind running with someone but sometimes I like to set my own pace and NOT talk :) How are your legs today?

Jackie: Congrats on the house passing all inspections. And I don't mind doing windows at all. Now bathrooms I can do WITHOUT :)

I'm on a green tea break. DS's room is done. Walls all scrubbed down and windows washed. Bedding/curtains are out on the line right now. The pain with his room is vaccuming around things-- I so KNOW not to look in boxes under a boys bed :)I'm glad I picked mudroom and his room today cause the mudroom is easy except for the tall walls. But no windows to do and the floor I already scrubbed down a few days ago.

Don't be so impressed by my cleaning. I do it once in the spring and again in the fall. I do daily stuff but this major cleaning is only done twice. I have better things to do with my time :) besides in 2 weeks I'll have two teens back in the house. So if I don't do this now-- it won't be done then cause I'll be a$$ high in laundry :eek:

Going to finish my green tea on ice and hit the mudroom then shower up.

hey ladies,

quickie check in for me today. i did isprints #19, love it!
i don't think i will have time to try out JS today as i need to finsh planting my flowers. also starting today on wednesday's i am teach 3 classes...:eek:

gloria- you can find info re: afterburn at www.alwyncosgrove.com

christine- congrats on your increase!! more fitness goodies!!!

jackie- i just ordered shred yesterday after reading alot of positive reviews. i will let you know what i think once i recieve it and do it. unless of course you get it before me... }(

ttyl...:)

>also starting today on
>wednesday's i am teach 3 classes...:eek:

Are you NUTS, Sunny!?! }( :7 }( What kinds of classes? Not all cardio, I hope!:eek:

Hi Girls.

I have to feed the munchkin lunch and get him off to bed so I don't have long but I'll be back at nap time for personals.

I am going to the gym when DS wakes up to run since DH IS working more O/T tonight. That will clear up tmrw morning for me as I have planning, shopping and prepping to do for Joey's 3rd (OMG, I can't believe he's almost THREE!!!) Birthday party on Saturday!:+ I am also going to stop by the school in my town to pick up the registration packet to send him to full time preschool in the fall!:)

So for those of you who don't know, I have 3 tattoos. The first one I got when I was 25, the second one at 29 and the third at 35. I want another one and have a great idea involving DS' name and birthdate but I've also just been inspired for a FIFTH! YIKES! LOL I watched the news clip in O/F about the woman who lost 100 pounds while training for a 10k race. She had a tattoo put on her arm that had her finish time on it. I think that's an awesome way to commemorate my first full marathon! For those who like tattoos, you'll understand. For those who don't...don't even try! LOL ;)

Cathy: You had been batting around getting a tat...perhaps you'd like to run with the idea as well? }( No pun intended!:p

GTG 4 now but I'll be back!:7

Happy Humpday!

Another one-sided post for now – sorry! I just came in from my massage appt (ahhh) and now scarfing down breakfast and heading to work. I really will try to catch up on the reading and posting tonight after work…lol.

I did want to say that I too have booked my flights for CHICAGO! yeah! AND her royal Posh-ness is booked in First Class (can you believe it?) for only $10. LOL – chyeahuh! I was searching for an award flight and found that if I used only 20,000 more points I could book in Business Class which turns into First Class if Business Class is not offered on the flights. Wellll, I did book in Business Class for 45,000 miles and ta-da, all legs of my flights were booked in FIRST Class – front row seats people!...lol. Swweeet! Now I really can be a POSH Cheetah for a day, huh?....lol. So, anyway, I arrive in Chicago Friday and depart on Monday. Carole and Christine, what airport ya’llz ya’ll going out of in Cali and when? PM me if you don’t want to post for the entire world.

Ok, gotta scoot now or I'll be late – have a good day and I’ll try to check back later!

POSH! LOL
:7

Wendy - *blushes* oh, thank you! (re: my raise). Joey is almost three?! Wow! What a big boy. I’m not a tattoo person – but hey whatever works for you! I like the marathon date for you. Are you considering going back to work with Joey in preschool? Just curious. What a huge milestone! School. I’m getting all teary-eyed and my DD is 15!! :+

Carole – I was tired of them last year, too. I was just very vividly reminded of them when I turned the tv on in the morning at 4:30AM to see Hillary and Obama staring at me. I’m okay during the day with allergies, but I’ve been waking up with a slight sore throat and that icky feeling. Enjoy your workout. Sounds like fun.

Jackie – Oh, how exciting! I’ll bet you are excited. So, the mortgage company agent is on vacation so you can’t close? That’s hokey. :p Glad you can move in anyway, though. Thanks for the congrats! I haven’t tried Jillian’s workouts yet, sorry.

Kath – Thanks! Oh, my DH goes to the gym to workout, but it can take him 3 hours – he only actually works out 1 – he talks the rest. It’s a big social occasion. He doesn’t understand why I prefer to workout at home. :p Enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts. With two college kids back, it will be a thing of the past! :p

Sunny – Fitness goodies are always good!! Thanks! Yes, let us know what you think of shred.

Okay, now I remember why I don’t lift heavy very often. I bloat up like a balloon and my body holds on to EVERYTHING! I feel like a walking water balloon right now. :p It stays like this for weeks, too. Weird. Next week I’m doing more of a circuit rotation. I think I’ll modify the August ’05 rotation to include kettlebells and do a mix of weights and bells. :+ Hugs to all!

Edited to add - YEAH POSH!!! Can't wait to see you in Chicago! Lucky you flying first! I'm flying out of San Jose on Saturday.

Hello Cheetahs!

I look like a big frizz ball right now. :eek: It was raining the whole time I was running errands today. The last stop it finally tapered to a light drizzle. Imagine naturally curly hair after the rain. lol

Posh ~ YEAH!!! Can't wait to meet you too! Anyone need a lift from the airport?

Christine ~ I'm tired of the election news as well. There's no one worthy of my vote. :( Way to go on the raise. :) I hardly have DOMS today. :D The extra stretching must have helped. Either that or my legs are getting acclimated to more outdoor running? Which rotation are you following?

Wendy ~ I'm not a tattoo type of gal either, but IA w/what Christine said. :) Full time preschool, huh? Wow, did that go quickly! I remember looking at your photos when Joey was born. :eek: I look at my own kids and think **could time slow down***!

Sunny ~ What type of classes? I saved your link in my favorites. I'll be anxious to hear your reviews of Jillian's workout. nice workout!

Kath ~ That's why I visit the gym infrequently. I don't want to seem rude, but I only have x time to work out....I can talk later. ha ha ;-) Glad you had a nice sweatfest. I was the reverse of your son math major and almost comp sci minor....didn't finish the comp sci requirements because I switched to a teaching certification. Your son sounds like he'll do well!

Jackie ~ Thanks for explaining the meditative stretch. lol...I'd love a massage too. :) YEAH, moving date is here!!!! :D

Carole ~ I'll run the Aug half and see how that goes. I should have done that from the beginning. I got all caught up in the hype, etc at the TNT meeting. The kick off meeting was this past Sunday...they could talk you into anything. LOL Yeah, it's time for Jason to go. Well, maybe I won't bother with AI this week since it wasn't that great. Nice workout plan! :)

Gloria ~ Way to go on the iTread! :)

Cathy ~ I don't check e-mail as often these days. Hope you figure it out. It's frustrating...I swear it's hormone related. Oh boy...chafing. Haven't experienced that yet. Do you use that Glide before every run? I just picked some up.

Oh, I did P90X -S&A. I like that workout. I still have cardio and abs to do. I think I'll do ITR or a ITR premix) and Tracey's Core Blast. I'm hoping soccer practice is cancelled so I can get that done earlier. Well, the bus is just about here. Hi to anyone I missed.

Jackie...congrats on the move for Saturday!! The Amy mish mosh today was combo's 1&2 from ITR and then combo's 4&5 from XKBX, for some reason mixing those two workouts seems to be more fun for me! I have not tried any of the iStrengths, do you like them?

Kath...probably one main reason I have always hated the Gym...too much flirting and talking instead of working out!

Posh..I am flying out of Sac on Sat.

Christine...I got to laughing when one of my friends wondered if on the ballot this year would there be a "none of the above" option...:D..sorry about the waking up with a sore throat and icky feeling, it does sound like allergies...It has been windy here and that can make my eyes itch which drives me batty!! That is weird you bloat with heavy lifting, does it pass after a few days?

Dallas...I bet you will do great in the half. If you mileage is up there by then you could probably swing the Chicago marathon in Oct...:). I will probably watch AI to see who gets the boot...Good job with S&A and I hope you can get in a bit of ITR...

I got off work early, ate my Subway wrap and am planning on cleaning the carpets and then some yard work...somewhere I found some energy!!...:)

Carole ~ I just hope my body cooperates! So far so good, but I'm not running consecutive days. I think that's helping. Woo hoo for your "found" energy! Gosh, you have some big tasks on tap...good luck! :)

Also, for those that had asked, here's the link to the TNT webpage:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/il/chcdist08/dstefanos

Thought I'd make it easier on you. ;-) I have it over at the yahoo group too.

Oh, you want to know why the pager system is not used at the gym? I have to tell you guys this...ppl were dropping their kids off and going shopping!!! :eek: They were out of range of the paging system. boy, what a way to ruin it for the rest of us! x( At least, they let me use my cell phone in case of an emergency. :)

Homework time. :)

Dallas – My legs feel good until I sit for too long. They kill when it’s time to get up and walk. LOL. But once I’m up I’m okay. :p Glad you don’t have DOMS. Must have been a great stretch! That sucks about the daycare and paging! That’s ridiculous!!! I was following the May rotation, but I’m going to switch it over to my own version of the August 05 Bootcamp one. Looks something like (so far):

S Run/Hike/Bike
M BodyMax 1
T Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout w/ Abs
W AOS Providence with ABA Cardio Only
R Off
F BootCamp x 2
S Run/Hike/Bike

Carole – I think we DO need a none-of-above option! But, I’m afraid that would mean the current Administration gets to stay in! That would not be good! The sore throat is minor. I’m not taking anything for my allergies. If I did I’d be fine. :p The bloat with heavy lifting – it’s lasted 3 and 4 weeks, so it does not seem to go away. As soon as I switch to circuits or lighter weight work, I drop weight. Kettlebells have been so good for me because they are all circuit workouts. I don’t know why – it’s weird – like me. :+ Have fun cleaning carpets and doing yard work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.