::: CHEETAHS ::: Happy Monday!!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetah friends!

I never had a chance to get back here…the whole weekend was an on-the-go blur. I did NOT have time for HIIT on Saturday, which kind of annoyed me, and instead of having Friday as my BFL Free Day, it became Free WEEKEND. http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-266.gif It’s hard when you go away and don’t have the luxury to plan out meals to stick to a program. But I know if I want to see results, that I need to do better than I did this week, no matter how busy things get. At least skiing burned up a good chunk of calories. We had fun, but the conditions were not great, and it gave me an even greater appreciation for VT skiing!! I rented longer skis to try them out and then wound up buying a new pair. Pumped about that!

Class was good, but remember allll that work I did on Friday? I can’t use it. http://forums.s2kca.com/images/smilies/temp_smilies/omfg.gif I have to film two more lessons and re-do those portfolio sections. Sucks big-time but just like with the schoolwork backup and the not-so-perfect BFL week, I don’t even have the time to beat myself down about anything. I just have to keep moving.

After tonight’s psychic dinner, I am going to be “dead to the world” for awhile. No more social outings other than the ones I already have planned. This is mainly because of the NB process and the amount of work ahead of me in order to make the deadlines. It’s A LOT. I realized I may need to limit my forum time. The CABs thread is a little easier to keep up on, but there are so many of us here, it's a challenge sometimes. I'm thinking I may need to either take a break or go a little lighter on personals. I don't want to be rude about that, but I think you all would understand. It's just until I can get a grip on all that's going on.

Tonight's plan is stretch or yoga either before or after dinner.

I have to get ready for work now, but I'm going to try to read over the weekend's thread and hopefully get caught up with personals later on. I hope you all had a kick-butt weekend!!!

BBL...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good Monday morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Oh, I'm so sorry you had a less than ideal weekend. You've been working so hard as of late and I hate to hear that a lot of that work was all for naught. As far as the forum goes....screw the personals if you have to!!! If you only want to post a few fly by's that's fine with us. We just want to know that you're well and be here if you need to talk/vent about anything. We understand that life (and work) does get in the way (me, lately *rolls eyes*). Just please don't feel that you have to stay caught up on every little detail posted here. If you do feel that you need to take a break we'll understand and you will be missed love. Okay? Enjoy dinner and yoga later!

I'm totally psyched...I'm up, I'm revved and can't wait to hit Gauntlet! We didn't get near the amount of snow that we were supposed to get so I don't have to worry about Shovel Max...YAY! That means that I WILL get to the gym for that run this afternoon :D.

Enough talk, Gauntlet here I come!

Hey Wendi...Oh, I had a GREAT time this weekend...but want to do better with BFL this week and *need* to juggle some priorities for awhile. The crunch is on, you could say. Thanks for understanding!! I don't want to be a jerk about personals, but I promise that, if I have to be at times, it would be temporary!...Enjoy the Gauntlet - sounds daunting! - and your run this afternoon.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good morning all! I'll be off work in a few hours and looking forward to a few days off:) I had a great run when I got home from work yesterday, got in 3 miles in 26 minutes. I also was able to get in Meaner Legs when I got up. I forgot how intense that workout is and really worked up a sweat.

Cathy- Glad you had a good time this weekend. You do sound a tad overwhelmed and there is no need to apologize for not being able to keep up with personals for a while. We've all been there!! Take care of yourself!!

Wendi- Have fun with Gauntlet today... you do sound ready}( Glad the weather is cooperating so you can get in your run.

Lorie- I PM'd you re: itread circuit workouts.

Lori- I usually try to avoid strenuous workouts when I go home in the morning if i have to sleep all day but sometimes i can't avoid it. Usually after working a 12 hr nite I have no trouble sleeping even if I do work out! Sounds like you are having lots of fun already with your new TM:7

Wendy- I'm impressed with your organized approach to your weight workouts and your notebook you've created!! With the S&H series and then p90x you'll have lots to chart on.

Marcia- Welcome back!!! Great to hear from you... how was Mexico this year?

Carole- how was the run yesterday? Did your hip trouble you?

Christine- Sounds like you had a very satisfying football day:7
I'll be trying out ASC circuit2 later this week, sounds like a good challenge! Congrats on the 5 lb weight loss:7

Dallas - Glad you are feeling better! I don't have the KB vid with Kimberly Spreen.... sounds like a good one!

Judy- I really like the rotation you posted... very well balanced!

After a energy recharging nap when I get home I think I'll continue in the CTX mode and do the upperbody split:) :) Later tonight will be an hour or so on the EXT.

tata

ShellyC

Hi Monday Cheetahs :)

Cathy- It is quite understandable if you can not get to Chetahville and post to every one of us every day. Sometimes real life has to take a front seat to our cyber life.

Wendi- We did not get the storm. We are only forcasted for 1-3 inches to day and 1-2 tonight. I'm hoping to get an outdoor run in before the roads get slippery.

I hope all our Cheetah Football Fans had an enjoyable weekend of cheering. As usual our TV was on, but I can't sit through a whole.

Shelly- Thanks for the positive feedback on my rotation. :) CTX UB gets is a goodie.

Today is a planned 8 miler, hopefully before the roads get slippery. I am eating first (in a few minutes) This approach did work well last week.

Edit: Lorie- I mad your crock pot steel cut oats last night and will have them this morning! PS- I used one of those crock pot bags to avoid nasty clean up :)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Morning girls!

I did personals late last night so I don't have to play catch up this morning. YAY! :7

Cathy: Glad you enjoyed your ski day. Sorry about the certiciation work issues. You are quite the trooper though and appear to be able to handle most things in stride. I think I would just cry! :7

Wendi: The Gauntlet AND a run!? Go you!!!!}( Glad you escaped shovelmax. :)

Shelly: Don't be too impressed too fast...let's see if I go through with my grand master organized plan and how it actually works for me before you get impressed! LOL I have to get to the store for those markers ASAP!:)

Today will be Awesome Strength plus abs while I wait for S&H to arrive!}(

BBL!

Good Morning to you to Wendy :)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

It’s Monday – Ugh! It’s also weigh in day – double Ugh! :+ I should do fairly well, though. I have HLX on my rotation for today, so that should be fun!

Wendi – Glad you get to do Gauntlet AND a run today! How frustrating for you not to be able to workout this long! It would drive me nuts! ASCII is fun. I still have to learn the 5th combo, but I have 1-4 and the power ups pretty well. I need a BOSU – so you’re enabling me as well… :p

Wendy – Enjoy Awesome Strength and abs!

Cathy! We missed you! Way to go on your ski purchase!! How’d they work for you? Oh, that sucks about the work you did on Friday! Sorry you have to do so much work!! Please continue to check in here – we know when you have time, we’ll get your personals – we just like seeing your pretty face every (or most) morning!! We all need a break every now and again.

Shelly – Glad to hear you have a few days off! Yes, Meaner Legs is a killer! I like the upper body work in ASCII Circuit 2 better – but the lower body in the first one – actually – they are both tough and fun. Enjoy CTX!

Judy – have a great run! I have a problem sitting through a full game, too. I cooked for the week, did laundry, and puttered around during the games yesterday.

*Waves to all who follow* Have a great day all!

cathy-please, please don't stop checking in. we love to see your smiling face and cheery words. screw the personals! we have all been there where life gets in the way of our fun. NB is a terribly difficult and time-consuming process. just check in, tell us about your w/o's and progress, vent all you want, but don't feel like you have to take a break just because you can't do personals.

wendi-ITA about not finding this forum sooner. while i hav always worked out, i was doing the same old things over and over, i have varied my w/o's more in the year i've been on the forum than ever before. and i would have met these wonderful women a lot sooner!

wendy-dinner was good. we ended up going to a place called "twisted taco" so we could watch the game. we split fajitas. not so healthy but i didn't have the tortillas, sour cream, or cheese.

shelly-thanks for the PM. it helped. i think i am going to try that one.

judy-what do you think of the oatmeal? i made the black bean soup last night.

chrstine-GL on your weigh-in. i'm sure you'll be fine!

i was up later than my usual and slept later than usual. right now i am tired and need to get in a w/o. not sure what it will be. maybe just weights or maybe a circuit. we'll see. i am tempted to do it this afternoon, but that usually doesn't work for me.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sorry about not being able to use all that info you worked on friday! Glad you had a good weekend and sounds like skiing was fun. I bet the new ski's will be great. I would completely understand you taking a break here or going light on personals. Not to worry...:)

Wendi...Thet Green Bay game was something. I got on the scale too last week...and was not pleased but did way better eating wise last week. Enjoy the Gaunlet.

Shelly...the run yesterday was good, I barely felt my hip so I know if I continue to go slow it will get better. I want to do some other cardio so I might pull out my Nordic track today. Enjoy CTX upper and your EXT.

Judy...thanks, I am so hoping yoga will help. Sounds like a fun weekend planned in Florida golfing. Your rotation looks good to me. Even though some games might not have gone how I wanted, I still enjoyed watching! Enjoy your 8 miler.

Wendy...my hip was not bad yesterday. Susan messaged me about a book she thinks would be helpful and I am going to get it today, it is called Pain free and has some good hip info. I have tried a few worksheets using Excel myself, but I prefer using others like the ones Lanie has posted on her blog. For P90X I just kept the workout sheets that came with it and just copied them on my scanner, so I never used the original. Have a nice workout while you wait for S&H.

Christine...thank so much for the Bike trainer info! Yeah I am far from a TO fan myself, and was not happy at all he came to Dallas but let me ask you, if TO went to the Pats would you and DH still be Pat fans?? As far as the game yesterday geeze, I felt like I was watching the Raiders for all the penalties the Cowboys chalked up! IMO that is the main reason they lost. The Giants deserved to win that one, and it makes next weeks game against the Packers easier for me to pick!! I was amazed at the way Peyton played in the 1st game?...:eek:..I just hope LT will be better for next weeks game. I am sure you will do fine with your weigh in today! Enjoy HLX.

Lorie...a circuit might be doable if you are short on time.

Today I will do Amy's Slo-mo legs, abs and either my EXT or Nordic track for cardio, or maybe both! I also am getting a massage later this morning, I cannot wait!!!

Have a great day...:)

Hello ladies,

drive by cheetah today:p . today's workout was iclimb 6 20 mins (fun!) and my TT workout of the day.

wendy- yay, P90X+ in febuary. BRING IT!! anyone else wanna join us}(

christine- i emailed you back.

enjoy your day ladies!!

sporty reporting my workout. i ended up doing HSC on the bosu (can you believe i have had that w/o forever and NEVER done it?!). i feel like i want to do some more upper body, so i am planning on doing an upper body premix when i get home.

oh, i had that crockpot oatmeal this morning and mixed in blueberries with it (i just put frozen ones in and put it all in the microwave). it was AWESOME!!! i am loving my crockpot!!!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - All Body Cardio is nothing like ABA. The steps are easy to pick up. I've only done a weight section from ABA. I'm going to give the entire workout a try.

Thomasina - I'm glad to see you giving that 12 week challenge a good ol' butt whupping! :)

Cathy - I think you can be "hottie" cheetah! I have those free weekends all the time. I enjoy and then get back to business on Monday. You will be ok. Sorry you have to redo your work. Don't worry about personals. Sometimes it's just too hard to catch up.

Lori - Congratulations on the new treadmill! You know how to get things done girl! Hope you enjoy it.

Wendi - Have fun with Gauntlet and your run.

Shelly - Enjoy your days off. Great job on your workouts as usual.

Judy - Hope you had a good 8 mile run today.

Christine - Good luck with the weigh in today! You're doing an awesome job!

Lorie - Great job with HSC and the bosu. I must start using mine with other workouts eventually.

Carole - Have a great workout and enjoy that massage. BTW, I got to try out my new running tights Saturday. Needless to say, I love those things. My legs didn't get cold at all and the temp was in the 30's.

Sunny - Nice workout today!

Saturday DBF and I walked for about 45 minutes. Today I did Cuts & Curves. My arms were quivering when I finished.

The awards party was nice Saturday. They served us a meal of pasta, garlic bread and desserts. Talking about carb overload. What a shame I didn't have a race the next day to burn that stuff off. I love the trophy I got because it had a woman with a ponytail running. I also got a top. But, it's sleeveless and I don't really like it. I'm thinking about framing it and putting it in my new workout room. All of my trophies will look nice in there too. Thought this was a pretty good bargain for the Race Series. The registration fee was $65 for 10 races. We got a running top half way through and the party at the end. I'll try and post pictures when I get home today.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Afternoon Gals!

I'll post this mornings (early) and later morning workout and then go catch up with you all while I eat m homemade chicken noodle soup. Mmm, mmm good!! Forget Cambells!! LOL!

My alarm went off at 4:30A and I thought UGH!! However, I dragged myself downstairs and did iTread #20. I finished at 6 miles, but stayed on for another mile getting in 7.1 miles. I previewed Kenpo X+ while running. Looks good! So, thought I'd try Abs/Core+.:eek: I have a lot of work to do w/that pull up bar!! Yikes! AND those cherry bombers....I think smoke was coming out of my core region. }( :+ I got the kids ready for school, dropped ds off at preschool, and then did APX -chest and shoulders, skipped the abs, but did Iron Core (last circuit). Now it's time for Clean Max after I read the other threads. :)

Be right back!

Dallas

Back for some personals:

Carole ~ I'm glad your hip did ok with the 4 miles y-day! Yeah, wasn't that some game AND w/o LT and then Rivers! Oh mY!! They have their work cut out for them going up against the undefeated Pats.:eek: They need LT and Rivers to be well! How about that second game!?!? Another unbelievable game. I really only saw the last half of that one at the b-day party.

Christine ~ Ok, we go head-to-head next week!!! }( I think it'll be a good game. ha ha! not a TO fan!! Did you see his post game interview? Wow! He was crying!!

Cathy ~ I wouldn't sweat it either. You have things that need your attention. What's NB? You should definitely keep posting and do what you can. :)

Shelly ~ Good job with the run and ML! }( I like that it's a short leg workout. Of course, it doesn't need to be any longer. :eek: 12 hour shifts sound tough. I don't know how you do it!!?? Yeah, I like that Spreen workout. :)

Wendi ~ How did the Gauntlet and run go!!?! Oh my! }(

Wendy ~ I would have voted for S&H too. :) I'm hoping to get started on a P90X (original) rotation in February. Figured I better start there instead of jumping in with the +. Did it arrive?

Judy ~ How did your 8 miler go?

Jackie ~ Sounds like you had a great time at the awards party the other night. Can't wait to see some pix! :)

Lorie ~ WOW! You've had HSC and never did it?!?! Don't you love it! ha ha...I think I like every workout I do. ;)

Lori ~ That was really sweet of your dh. I think I forgot to say that the other day!

Linda ~ Ok, what's the story with the bar and bands for P90X? After my feeble attempt during the core, I will need to improvise too. Great workout!

Where's Posh...at a photo shoot!!?!? ;) How's the challenge coming along?

Hi Sunny & Marcia!!

Time to clean...oh, joy!

Dallas

Hello Cheetahs!

Lori – Congrats on your new treadmill! What a nice surprise from your DH! Enjoy your new present. So which itread are you going to buy first? I’m sorry to ready about the problems you are having with DD. ((HUGS)) are coming your way.

Sunny – Have you previewed your new X workouts yet? You are a stronger woman than I am holding off on using them.

Shelly – Good job preordering so quickly after the presale started. You’ll be one of the first ones to get yours. I’ll be preordering soon. I’m waiting for life to settle down a little before I do my preordering. I also need to order P90X + too.

Judy – itread 19 sounds like a good workout. I might have to look into that one.

Christine – Congrats on your Best Corporate Positioning award. How was the hike?

Wendy – I need to go through my DVDs too and get rid of the ones I rarely use. However, I keep thinking maybe I will find time to do them later. Unfortunately I’ve been saying that for the past 1-2 years. I guess it isn’t gonna happen. Enjoy S&H.

Carole – How is your hip doing?

Shelly – I hope you are recovering from your 2 12 hr shifts. Rest when you need to.

Dallas – I hope you start feeling better.

Wendi – You have been one busy cheetah! Just take it all one step at a time and do what you feel you need to. Let the rest go. We are not superwomen all the time, even though we would love to be one. :) Just for the record I get the wet blanket syndrome too. :)

Marcia – WELCOME BACK! I hope you had a good time in Mexico. Enjoy your new TM!

Lorie – Sorry your hip is giving you problems. How is your dissertation proposal going? Thanks for the breakdown of itread workouts. I plan to buy a good hill one soon so it will help with my HM. The first 5 miles are nothing but hills.

Linda – Glad to hear you are enjoying P90X+. That is on my “to buy” list. Hopefully this week I will have a spare moment to buy that and preorder STS as well.

Cathy – I know this weekend didn’t go as planned eating wise, however this is a new week. At least you had a great time skiing and burned a lot of calories. Good luck getting back on track. I know you can do it! I keep contemplating whether to try BFL once again myself. Take the time you need to get your stuff done. We will miss you, but you won’t be gone forever, right? You can just let us know how you are doing. I think everyone will understand not being able to do personals. I know I’m bad about not doing personals all the time.

On a more personal note, I haven’t worked out since last week. I can’t even remember the last day. Was it Tuesday? The kids are all doing better. DS can finally do what a normal 5 year old does and is running around. DD is starting to feel better. She still has another week left of her antibiotic, but she is on the mend. I’m still really tired from being up so much at night last week. Normally I’m up 1-2 times throughout the night either to let the dogs out or to take care of DD, but last week it was a minimum of about 4-5 times every night. It all caught up with me this weekend. Anyway, today I plan to get in a 3.5 mile run and maybe UB weights after the kids are in bed. During lunch I had to get a CT Scan of my brain and sinuses taken so my workout had to be “x”ed. I’ll try to come back later to catch up some more. Have a great day!

I’m back from my Weight Watcher weigh in and I lost 6 pounds! I’m stoked! I’m updated my little graph at the bottom. I know I won’t lose like that again, but it’s a nice jump start. I was a little surprised at how the instructor kept pushing the weight watchers bars and stuff and not encouraging people to eat fresh foods, but one of the guys in the meeting actually started the conversation on this, and I piped in when I was asked what I did right this week. I guess they have to market that stuff, but ick…

Lorie – Hope you’re feeling back in sorts again! I love HSC – did you have fun? I’ll bet I end up with a crock pot thanks to you ladies… Enablers… :p

Carole – Hope the info on the trainer was useful. I see your point on TO. I would hope the Pats wouldn’t pick up a guy like that, but ya never know. I’ll be cheering on the Packers with you next week. DH is also a Packers fan. If the SB is Pats/Packers, though, he’ll be cheering on the Pats. (And you can come to our party and paste Packers stickers on the tvs).

Jackie – way good on the prizes. I guess they served the standard “runners meal” to make it easier. Too funny. I think framing your top would be cool especially if you could put some of your medals in with it. Thanks for the kudos!

Dallas – we’ll just have to agree to disagree next week! :p I think it’ll be a good game, too. Good drop and dragging the ole butt out of bed and working out! Now you’re making want the new Abs/Core +… :+

Kristi – so sorry that you and the family are all sick. How tough! Hope you’re feeling better soon! The hike was really nice – except for the hyper-vigilance because we heard a cat was on the trail (a cougar or bobcat type cat). But we never saw anything.

Well, I guess I should go get back to work. Oh joy! But I can go back with a lighter step (but physically and emotionally!).

Afternoon’ Cheetahs!

LOL – Yeah, POSH here just in from a photo shoot…(good one Dallas!) Actually, I’d rather be at a photo shoot! ..I’m having another quickie lunch today as it is officially the beginning of a new semester and as predicted; our office is a mad house. Nevertheless, my mood is outstanding and I got my Frank crooning on the work computer Itunes to keep things interesting. I’m forging ahead into week 2 of my BFL challenge and I’m really liking it! I did kinda screw up though as instead of 20 min HIIT on Saturday, I went on a WONDERFUL sunny outdoor rolling hill 5 mile run with my running buddy. Actually I was running with GRACE but modified it for outside. Since I haven’t bought anything for what is it, a week? I figured I better download me some Itread OUTDOOR runs for next weekend. Anyway, THEN since I feel so fabulous and healthy, I went a ahead and met up with Grace AGAIN yesterday when it was supposed to be a rest day. I couldn’t help it cuz I bought itread #26 (30 min) last week and was dying to try it. So I made myself have the rest day from exercise this morning as my legs feel a bit abused. (I haven’t been running like this for over a month). Saturday on my free eating day, I was compelled to not over-do it so I only indulged in the vineyard and ate some of my Dove dark chocolate pieces Santa left in my stocking. We also had Taco night but I did go pretty healthy on mine and only had 2. Tonight I weigh in for my 1st week tally and I just know I lost as I can already feel it.

Well gals, I’ve choked down my lunch and must now return to the trenches (er, uh I mean photo shoots)….I will get to some personals later if I can, if not it will be tomorrow. –

Have a great day !!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.