::: Cheetahs ::: Happy Friday, 8/18

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Friday, cheetahs!

My calves have been buggin' me somewhat, so I'm debating whether or not to kickbox instead of run this morning. (I'd rather run!) Guess I'll let myself wake up a little more and then decide.

Have a great day, everyone!
cathy :)

Morning Cathy!

You've been starting us off alot lately. You are the real go-getter these days, huh? ;) :+

My calves perpetually bug me! LOL It's not that they actively hurt/are sore but every time I stretch in bed I am in danger of getting a cramp. I guess they are tight. I stretch them every day...I don't know what else to do! It's been like this for MONTHS! BLECH!

Well, I have to take Joey to the pediatrician this morning so there will probably be no work out prior to that. I will do Ripped and some kind of cardio after I get home...at nap time. I orginally wanted to go to the gym (before I remembered the appointment) for a TM run but that's not going to happen now.

I rested completely yesterday. Between whatever is ailing me and my lack of sleep I just was NOT going to be able to work out. I ate and slept and slept and ate all day long....I ate lots of CR@P yesterday and feel like crud for it this morning! ACK! x(

Jess: How was your visit with your dad y'day?

Carole: I usually use my X-trainers for the elliptical as well and I don't have the problem of pain in my feet! I guess this means that if I am unsure of what I will do, I'm going to have to take an extra pair of shoes to the gym next time! Glad to hear the infections are on thier way out! After so many "downs", it's sooo nice to hear about some "ups" finally!:)

Laurie: Kudos to you on your progress in your running! People say I am doing well...I think you are blowing me away girl! }(

Katie: I hope your shoes work out for you. Having a 30 garuntee on them takes the pressure off. I need about 6 hours of sleep to feel OKAY as well.

Christine: Aquariums are so cool! Hope you had fun!

Hi Gayle!

ShellyC: Thanks for the kicker valve explanation!:+

Elaine: I think the elliptical causes problems for some because you are on flat on your feet the ENTIRE time due to the nature of the pedals and it being a no impact work out. It's great but I guess it too has it's draw backs.

Barbara: I'm glad you liked R to the C! Have fun with the other ones when you get them! Sorry about the cramps yesterday. That's a bummer.

HI Cathy and Wendy :)

Wendy I wonder what is ailing you? Don't fret about eating the crap. I ate some brownies too yesterday. Grrrr. Today is a new day and we will make good choices. Extra water too!

My run today will be a hilly 4 mile route in my neighborhood. My running friend are running in my old neighborhood, which is just too far for me to get back and be ready to take DD to her swim practice.

Later I will add some pilates.

Yesterday's total body WO was MIS. I hadn't done it in a very long time and was pleasantly surprised at it's level of intenseness. Afterwards stretch Max with the band felt good, but short.

Carole- What is the latest with your nephew ?

Back to add:
Christine- I just went back and read your post last night about the sun fish. Holy moly thanks for sharing. Aquariums are very interesting . The one in Newport Kentucy (over the river from Cincinnati) is pretty neat and so is the one on Boston. FYI

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hi Judy.

Enjoy your run today.

I am coughing a bit with some chest congestion and a bit of a scratchy throat. The symptoms are at thier worst when I first wake up and in the evening. They come and go during the day.

I haven't done MIS in ages....Glad you enjoyed it!:)

I was just thinking (see the smoke? :7) and I am going to bring my gym bag with clothes and sneakers w/me to the pediatrician. Depending on how long the appointment takes, I may be able to squeeze in a gym visit right from the doc's office! }( Hopefully they are not running TOO far behind!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...sending healing vibes your way...hope the crud leaves you soon! I do think you need a massage for the calves...a massage can also get rid of the toxins that contribute to that crud!...:)..I agree the ups with John have been great...

Judy...my nephew has been sitting up in a wheelchair almost every day this week. He really is pushing to get to rehab. The sitting is painful and tough as I think we don't realize how much of our lower body we use to sit up, so he is learning all over...and a little tense as he is afraid of falling, but this is good progress. I think MIS always surprises me when I have not done it in awhile. Enjoy your 4 mile run.

Cathy...I do stretch my calfs, before and after I have worked them. What I meant was weights. I think the times I have gotten Achilles trouble I wasn't doing calf weight work...you could be like Shelly...she runs in the morning and then kickboxes in the evening!!!

Katie..sometimes when I get new shoes on the first couple of runs my toes go numb, until the shoes are broke in...

Christine...I am very happy about John too!! The Elliptical was fun but I think I have to back off a bit on the resistance upping when I do iClimb. I could not keep the same beat as Keith when he hit the higher resistances...but of course my 1-10 resistance might be different than others or I just need to get used to the Elliptical. Wow!...That certainly is one Bizarre looking fish. I'd never heard of it either...cool picture!!

Gayle...I know my symptoms at certain times of the month got worse. I have done some research into perimenopause and have tried some things (not drugs) that have eased the symptoms...especially that nasty mood one I have (had)...Good luck with your long run today. Have a great time with DF and the kids this weekend.

Shelly...good luck on the 16 miles, I hope DH keeps you some company! Way to go on PLB weights!!!! I didn't do the ball part after so kudos to you...:)...No I cannot put that info into my Elliptical but yes it does give you one helluva workout. I have never been real concerned about cals burned though. Thank you for your thoughts on John. After last week this week seems so bight and sunny for him!!!

Elaine...I lift 60 lbs over my head VERY carefully...:)...my upper body is fairly strong. The guy from Nordic Track told me that 1000 revolutions equal 1 mile. I just wanted the info for the iTread workouts as she goes by MPH not RPM. But tough to figure so I'll just wing it...:). I really enjoy those workouts with my Elliptical. I am really glad I got it as it may just get me some running speed back...:)

Barbara...sorry about the cramps running yesterday. Thanks, I am very glad things have turned a bit for John. iClimb 5 was tough, a fairly easy start, then a gradual climb, then back down. I did have a bit of trouble keeping the same beats as Keith when he got to resistance 7-8. Close to the end he goes all the way to 10!!! So it is alot like an interval workout. I really liked the music...

Today I am doing MM Shoulders, bi's and tris, abs and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Wendy :: yeah, I've been quite the early bird this summer. Although that will cease once school starts - then I'll go back to wanting to smash my alarm to smithereens again. :) Hope yesterday's rest helped shake that bug some... You know, I did something STUPID re: my running warehouse order. I decided to pay via eCheck thinking it would go quicker ~ WRONG! Those things take almost a week to clear, so my new kicks are just sitting around the warehouse awaiting shipment <sigh>.

Carole :: there was some calf work on SH Legs yesterday but not much. Do you have any recommended exercises you could share? You know, running in Germany (where it's flat!) for a month I had NO trouble with the calves whatsoever - so I'm attributing much of the problem to the hilly terrain where I live. It's pretty much unavoidable. Kickboxing after running?! I'm surrounded by maniacs here! (I mean that in a good way.)

I wound up running 3.93 miles and think I will take a break from weights today. My lats are still a little sore from the other day. Might pop into a yoga class later this morning. Am on the bubble.

-cathy :)

Wow- so glad that I'm not the only one with tight calves!!! Mine is still a bit sore, Greg's rubbed it w/ a ball hard the last couple nights to massage it & it's killed me!!! I took a walk y'day & it didn't seem to hurt while walking. I'm hoping it's feeling ok by tomorrow to run run run!!!

There's also a good chance of rain tomorrow, but at least it's only supposed to be in the 70's!! We're leaving here at 5:30 to get there to pick up our packets & the race starts at 7. I'm riding w/ my 2 running buddies & my dh will bring the girls there around 8:30 so that they can watch the finish (I'm hoping to get done in as close to 2 hrs as possible!!).

I'm feeling almost lazy, I just took a walk w/ the girls & did about 30 min of pilates & a lot of stretching y'day. It's gonna be hard to rest today too, I'm not used to that, but I know it's important! I'll do some pilates again & maybe a yoga DVD. Stretch stretch stretching my calves/ legs!!!

Well, just thought I'd check in! I'll post when I can an update about the half tomorrow!! For those that missed it, this will be my 2nd half, my first one was a year ago in Sept. Then it will be 5 weeks until the full marathon!!!

Hugs,

Morning ladies. Happy Friday to all. Today is my rest day. I hate the way I feel on my rest days. I'm all showered and ready to go to work and I feel like I'm still half asleep. As much as I grumble when my alarm goes off at 4:00 every morning, I really love the way a good workout in the morning makes me feel for the rest of the day. However, I am a person who needs one rest day a week or my body rebels.

Wendy - My calves seem to be the ONE area of my body I don't have trouble with. I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully you can squeeze in your gym time today.

Judy - I wish I had a hilly area to run. Nothing but flat land around here.

Carole - Sounds like you have a great workout planned. I feel so much better knowing that I am not the only one who has experienced the toe numbing. I have my long run on Sunday so we'll see how it goes. If anything, it will help break the shoes in.

Cathy - Good run. I try and stay away from weights too if I'm still sore from a previous workout.

Jess - Rest days are important. At least they are for me. I don't like them very much, but I need them.

Hope everyone has a great day!! DD is spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house tonight, so it's date night with DH.

Katie

Good morning everyone!

I am so tired today! While I was running my 5 miles yesterday I was feeling more tired than usual so kept reminding myself that my rest day is on Friday. And now it is here! Normally I just take a break from cardio and do lower body weight work but I think today I'm just gonna do yoga. It seems like I've got the same thing Wendy does so that is not helping my energy level. I feel crappy when I first wake up then a bit better during the day but not 100%. At least this is a recovery week and I only have to run 8 miles tomorrow and 13 on Sunday.

Jess, Good luck for tomorrow coming your way! Just keep in mind that you've got a long term goal beyond tomorrow's 1/2 so in case your calves do not cooperate it's not that big of a deal! But of course I hope you run like the wind!!!

Cathy, How much time do you get for summer vacation? It seems like it would be nice to have chunks of time off like that. Does your day start really early or do you need to arrive at school around the time the first class starts? Do you have to stay very long after the end of the school day? Why do I ask all these questions? Pure curiosity and nothing else!!! Glad you got your run in this morning. You have no idea how much it truly inspires me when I read your first post about how you might not run and then your second post reports that you did!:)

Wendy, Same thing I said to Cathy about being an inspiration. When I see you working your workouts into your schedule while caring for little Joey it somehow makes me feel more motivated! Hope you are feeling better soon. In case you didn't read above, I think I've got the same thing you have. I woke up this morning with a terrible sore throat but it feels a bit better right now. This has been going on all week. I actually have a nap scheduled for today!

Carole, I have a couple of the Cardio Coach workouts but I'm getting the idea that the Itread workouts are better. I've used the CC once on the elliptical and I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
What do you think? Here's a chance to enable! And I would say your lower body is quite strong too! I am so fearful of going too heavy on lower body weights but maybe I need to get over that and push myself to the next level. After St. George that is! Do you prefer lifting heavy over freestyle?

Gayle, I've definately hit that perimenopause stage and am happy to say that my mood swings and all the other PMS symptoms have leveled off! The only down side I can see so far is that I can't blame my binges on monthly cravings. LOL!! Glad to hear you are feeling better. And I'm looking forward to when you can post more and keep us updated on your marathon training.

Judy, Thanks for the reminder about MIS. I need to get that one out, it's been so long......

Katie, Maybe you could do yoga on your rest day. I always feel so good when I'm finished doing Mr YP. Have fun on your date tonight! What will you be doing?

Christine, Did you get my email?

Shelly, How did the 16 miles go? When is RNR?

Talk to you all later!

hello,

I have been MIA for a few days my dad was put in the hospital for a couple of days. He woke up on wednesday as usual and goes to the bathroom, well to his surprise the only thing that came out was blood and lots of it. He is on a blood thinner also, so this concerned me. I called everyone in my family to try to get someone to come over and sit with my kids so I could take him to the hospital and I couldnt get ahold of anyone. Boy you talk about ticked off. My sister had her ringer off,my one brother was out of town,the other at work and the other brother sleeping,not answering his phone,my sister in law I got ahold of asked if my niece could come down and she was watching the neighbors kids,my SIL didnt offer to come down even after I told her I had to get dad to the ER. anyway, after the 2nd episode of him going to the bathroom with again massive amounts of blood, I told him I was going to call the ambulance,he was very pale also, when he didnt argue I knew he didnt feel right. anyway,they put him in ICU,gave him 2 blood transfusions and did a colonoscopy. He has diverticulosis plus his blood was way too thin and that is why he bled out so much. He is suppose to come today though. I managed to squeeze in 30 minutes of run/walk on my treadmill yesterday morning in between all the phone calls I got,this morning I did my elliptical for 32min plus upper body wts. I havent ,obviously been able to get outside to run since tuesday. I wanted so bad to go .

anyway, sorry to ramble on, talk with everyone later!!

Happy Friday Cheetahs!

Cathy – Glad you were able to run today!

Wendy – with your calves – try adding a supplement that has calcium plus magnesium and zinc. I had the same problem except mine were thigh cramps – holy ouchies batman! That helped clear it right up. I’ll still get it cramps if I really, really work an area, but it has to be a killer workout. Good luck on the doctor/gym run! Give Joey a hug for me! And I hope your cough and crud go away soon – sending healing vibes along with Carole!

Judy – I love aquariums and zoos. I think I’m happier that my DD13 is interested in animals than she is! I get to take her all of these places. I had to share as soon as I saw that darned thing – it’s sooo weird looking. Sounds like you had a good run!

Carole – I know what you mean about the resistance. I tend to go too heavy on resistance with the elliptical and then have problems keeping up with the beat as well. It’s good to know that the resistance does get that high, though. I, too, like the iTrain music. It’s fun.

Jess – Good luck tomorrow!!! It’s okay to be lazy once in a while! You deserve it especially with the full marathon “looming” on the horizon!

Katie – I know the feeling about rest days – I’ll usually do some stretching or yoga just to get blood flowing and that good “worked-out” feeling. Enjoy your date night with DH! That sounds like heaven!

Laura – Oh, I’m soooo sorry to hear about your father!!! That’s very scary! How’s he doing now?

Elaine – Yep! I did get your email! I’m just trying to decide where we should meet! Any ideas are welcome! We even have San Jose, if you want. I should look for something like a 5k to run so that we have an event, but not one we all really have to train for. It would be fun. I like the CC’s – they’re good – but the iTrains are a bit better I have to admit. I like the music better.

I ended up doing Body Max after all yesterday, after wrapping my heel very well and taking it easier on the very high impact. I actually feel pretty good today, but my legs are tired. So, I’m going to try a 4 mile easy run today, but if I don’t do it, no sweat. I’m thinking one more rest day for the heel will be a good thing – never thought I’d say that! I have to be at the dentist by 10AM, so if I’m going to run, I have to be out the door in half an hour. We’ll see… Most likely I will just because I hate unscheduled rest days and this would be a very easy run.

I ended up running 3.4 miles today. It started off hard, but then got a lot easier. My heel felt fine, did not hurt at all! YEAH!!! I'm still going to ice it, though, just in case.

christine my dad gets to come home today,he is doing much better. I just mad at my family because everything is thrown off on me. My sister doesnt even work, I do plus I have 3 little ones and she sleeps in until noon so I have to go get my dad from the hospital.drives me nuts!!!

I am glad to hear that when other people add more resistance to the elliptical that they have a hard time keeping up because I thought it was just me being a wimp. I am fine if I just hop on and go no added resistance . I have preprogammed workouts on there that just absolutely kill me. I am holding off on them until I get use to the elliptical better. Its amazing how you can go out and run and something like the elliptical kicks your butt in a different way.

carole what is your secret for the mood swings? I have those days.

Good luck jess!!! I got to see the infomercial all the way through today. you look great,what an accomplishment!!!

talk with you all later!!!

Carole: Have a good run! I'm going to have to start workin' on hubby re: calf massage...if I turn it into a full body and promise to return the favor, I'm sure he'll go for it. ;)

Cathy: Yeah, echecks are SLOOOW. I sold something on ebay once that was paid for by echeck and I had to wait for it to clear before shipping the item. You are correct in that it took like a week! Guess you'll never do THAT again, huh? LOL :p

Jess: Best wishes on your half! Any goals in mind for this race?

Katie: The pediatrician took too long (ofcourse) so it wasn't worth it for me to hit the gym on the way home. I would have had only about 30 mins before daycare closed. I'm going to go tonight instead I think.

Laura: So sorry to hear about your dad. How scarey! Glad he'll be coming home soon though. My thoughts and prayers are w/him.

Elaine: Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it and it keeps me going! You ladies inspire me too, believe me!!! I hope your feel better soon! I have been taking extra vitamin C since I started feeling this way. It seems to be working...didn't wake up feeling quite as yucky as I had the past few days AND it dissapated quicker. Let's see how I feel tonight when I want to go the gym and try my hand at a ***5 miler*** on the TM!:eek:

Christine: Is there a supplement out there that is JUST calcium + magnezium zinc or do I need to look into a different daily vitamin? Hope your visit to the dentist was uneventful and that you got a gold star on your chart!;)

Well, no time for the gym after the doc appointment.:( My new plan is to go after DH gets home from work. I want to try my hand at 5 miles tonight if I can! }( }( }( It all depends on how I feel though. If I don't feel up to it, I'll stop early.

I still have to do Ripped. I just need to pull myself away from the forums first!:7

Happy Friday Cheetahs!!

Finally a minute to read a bit and post. I’ve been soooo preoccupied with everything that I wasn’t even able to take the time to log on to my computer at home for about 5 days! My workouts over the last few weeks have been scattered bits of running and Cathe cardio DVD’s and absolutely NO stetching, weights or pilates...yikes! And I am feeling it! I’m beginning to feel like a real live slug… eeeyyyyuk.. (Carole, can we get a shot of a smiley slug in here?) Since the wee hours of the morning (for only about an hour window) is the only time I can squeeze in a workout, it has been difficult to use my treadmill or use my DVD’s because the kids were still sleeping and DH has been off from work because of his hernia surgery. We live in a small 4 bedroom house where you can even hear the dog snore. Anyhoo, the teens went back to school 2 days ago and DH has been feeling better and getting back to being up early so I can workout now. My friend and I are signed up to ride our road bikes in the tourdorganics in Sebastopol this weekend, but starting Monday I am going to get back on a rotation schedule to round out the cardio, weights and stretching instead of this haphazard mode I’ve been in due to of all the activity going on. I’m still going to be swamped at work since our semester begins on the 28th, but at least the teens are back in school and my DH will be returning to his regular work schedule so I can get the normalcy going in the exercise again. I’m glad the kids are back at school but I’ll tell ya it is so dang expensive!!!

1 freshman (w/football)
+ 1 sophmore( w/art club and leadership)
+ 1 senior (won’t get a job, you’d think she was born to a family in the Hamptons!)
= 1 check book ON FIRE!!!

Thank goodness I preordered and paid for the new Cathe DVD’s being filmed! Sheesh! Well, enough griping….and on to the personals.......

Cathy – Hey, you crack me up with that talk of smashing the alarm clock. I feel the same way on days I HAVE to be up early! DO IT! Take the yoga if you have the time or you’ll end up feeling like I do right now – stiff and sluggish.

Wendy – I hope you are feeling better and don’t overdo it today if you still feel cruddy. Give yourself a chance to get better. I haven’t totally caught up on the the posts but I think I read that you signed up for more running classes for after the 5 K so this means your running is going very well!! Let me know when you want us to help you find a half to register for! :+

Judy- Glad you were able to get a diagnosis on your hip issue. Sounds like you’re doing better which is good and thanks to your post about stretching and pilates, I am inspired to get some of that in after I get off of work today….

Carole – SO happy to hear about John’s progress. I’ll continue to send prayers his way. Also, I read about your new toy! An elliptical is the next big item I want but I have to first find a way to eliminate the seating area in the family room LOL….

Jess – Hey! Your DH is definitely a keeper if he’ll take the time to massage your aching calves. It helps to have DH’s that support our running even though they have to sit back (quietly) and watch us “beat up” our bodies sometimes. LOL My DH is very helpful like that too when I have running soreness flare-ups. You needed a rest anyway and don’t worry you’re still supermom cheetah even if you have to rest a little. Have fun with the half and I’m sure you’re going to blast em’ all with your spots!! LOL Hey, also, I read another post of yours that cracked me up - the one about he old man that said you were the “cat’s meow” and the whole shotgun thing.. FUNNY!! Does he know you are a cheetah?? (chuckling)

Katie – I know what you mean about feeling more awake at work when there’s been a good early morning workout. I just try to remember that feeling when the little devil on my shoulder is sometimes trying to hit the snooze button just one more time! I also have had some toe numbing after about 3 to 4 miles into a run, but usually only when my shoes are new. Good to hear you got some new shoes though and that the running is going well. Enjoy your date with DH tonight!!

Laura – Sorry to hear about your father, but thank goodness you were there for him when the others were not. Hopefully he’s doing better now. Also, good job getting in some workouts even though you couldn’t manage to get a run going outside. Take care!

Hey Elaine – Sorry you’re not feeling to good either. Yoga gets my vote! I always feel so much better after Mr. YP, but sometimes I wish I could make him talk a little less! Especially on PMS days! LOL..grrr.. Sounds like your training is going well though and also, when I was “backreading” posts, I think I saw something you mentioned about I’d better be committing to a CALI get together if there is one. I WILL!!, depending the date that is and how far. What about Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth next June??? Or the Flying Pig in May?? Oh wait..I guess that ain’t California…..lol :7

Christine – Wow, I’m soooo sorry I missed your Birthday! Sooo…happy belated birthday, girl! I’m happy to hear your heel is better because I just can’t imagine reading posts from you that don’t have a bazillion exercises in them! I’m thinkin’ we have to start referring to you as “junior Carole”…lol

Ok…howdy to everyone else today and I’ll try to check back in more often like I used to be able to….Have a happy Friday all!!

Thomasina

ETA - HEy SHelly! We posted at the same time but I want to say hello and great job on the 16 miles! Also, I gave away stretch max and sometimes after reading on here how everyone likes it, I start to regret giving it away! oopss!

Good morning cheetahs Back from my 16 mile run. Kept up a pretty decent pace and feel OK! I may go for some kickboxing later....hey who's calling me a maniac? Anyway, as I suspected would be the case I left DH snoring in bed. So much for his resolve to join me!
I think when it gets cooler and I don't have to go out so early he'll find it easier to come along!

Cathy- good job with the 4 miles, hope your calves are feeling better.

Wendy- A good run later will get you back into feeling better. Hope it works out for you!

Judy- Great job on the hills today and I hope your hip is behaving!
I actually gave away MIS to a friend. You're making me regret that!

Carole- Have fun with your 4 miles and MM. I have a question for you. As my 25 mile run nears I was wondering how much lower body weight work I should be doing. Should I stop it entirely and for how long?

Jess- The day before a race is so hard isn't it. I'm always so full of restless energy! I hope you sleep well tonight! Best of luck to you in meeting your goal!

Katie- Have a great well earned rest day. I think very few people can effectively function with less than one rest day per week!
Hey, if you want hills we got plenty of them up here in Prescott }(

Laurie- I'm so sorry you had to endure that episode with your Dad!
I'd be way ticked off at my siblings as well to always be leaving you holding the ball so to speak! I'm glad he's recovered okay and I'm sure once they adjust the coumadin dosage this shouldn't happen again! Absolutely awesome that you managed a workout in anyway....
you are one dedicated cheetah!

Elaine- Sounds like you are definitely ready for a recovery week! My 16 miler went pretty well today. The Phoenix RNR is next January- Katie is running the half, I'll be doing the full. However, before that this October I'll be running a 25 mile "man against horse" race. That is literally what is sounds like. Runners racing along side riders on horses!

Christine- Great job with your run and I'm so glad your heel is better!!!!

Gotto go do some chores now! Later Y'all!

ShellyC

Thomasina!!! I miss you when you are not around, girl! Good to see you! So what is the tourdorganics anyway?? When I get to the point where I want to run a half, I will surely let you know so you can scope 'em out for me! I am going to do this gradually though. After I complete my 5k in a few weeks, I'll probably aim for a 5 mile race next...Baby steps!;)

ShellyC: LOL at your snoring DH! Mine has been promising to come to the gym with me since I joined...that was 5 months ago and he hasn't set foot in the place yet!!!! :7 :7 :7 I am hoping you are right about the run!:) Good job on your 16 mile run! Let me ask you...do you walk at all or is it constant running?

Well, I just finished Ripped but I omitted Jari's ab work and stretch and put Cathe in it place with C&W abs and stretch. I have been seriously neglecting our beloved Cathe lately. I feel so bad. :-(

I wanted to ask you ladies what vitamin do you take? I have tried a few different ones and havent noticed any difference with them. so I thought I would ask my fellow cheetahs what they take and does it make a difference on how you feel?

Laura – I’m so sorry that your family is not stepping up to the plate. Some people just don’t understand the value of their family until it’s no longer there. Unfortunately, it’s too late then. You’re a great daughter, and definitely deserve that Gold Star Wendy mentioned. {{{HUGS}}} I take the Rite Aid Total - but I really do believe that as long as you eat well, you don’t really need a vitamin pill. Which could be why you don’t really feel a difference.

Wendy - I just get Calcium pills with Magnesium and Zinc at my local grocery store. I take one a day and that seems to help. Dentist went well. I managed the fillings without Novocain – they were more preventative than anything else. So, I do not have rubber lips, thank heavens. I hate that.

Thomasina – Girlfriend, it’s ALWAYS great to hear from you!!! And I SOOO totally sympathize with the financial part of High School. Replace football player with Cheerleader (my Senior), and a Freshman who is in Drama and Choir so needs all sorts of supplies for them AND wants to be in the school plays… My checkbook is smokin’ too! They were just here saying that they hate the words “Back to School”. I was thinking of that Staples commercial with the dad flying through the isles kicking up his heels doing back to school shopping while the kids and glumly matching behind and the theme music is “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.” Oh, I’ll miss them and they are fun, but I can get things done now!!! Carole Junior, eh? I’m totally flattered…

Shelly – GREAT job on the 16 miles!!! Then Kickboxing on top? We have another SuperCheetah in the making!!!

Survived the Dentist with only slight discomfort where the fillings were put in. I’m now making New Orleans Style Beans and Rice for dinner. I’m simmering dried red beans and I tell ya, it smells SOOO good! I’ll add sausage for the kids, but for me, I’ll stick to the beans and rice with a salad. I ate too much grease yesterday so today I need to be better today!

DD17 is about to go do Meaner Legs. If she's talking to me when she's done I'll let y'all know.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.