Cheetahs - Gambling on a Good Run Sunday!

andtckrtoo

Cathlete
Wanted to start the post for once! Not often a West Coast Cheetah gets to start us off! I'm up before the birds hoping my flight is not delayed or cancelled and that it's not cold enough here in San Jose to require de-icing - as we do not have a de-icer here. I'm watching the weather channel (not much else on at 3:30AM). Looks as if the storm may have moved East to bother you East Coast Cheetahs!

I hope our racing Cheetahs kick non-Cheetah tail! :p

And of course I had to say:

GO SHELLY GO!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

GO CAROLE GO!!! I also cannot wait to hear about yours and Karen's race!

Have a fantabulous day Cheetahs!!!

Good morning, cheetah babes! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif

Love the thread title, Christine! It's good to see a West Coast cheetah start the thread.

Sendin' those fierce cheetah vibes out to Shelly, Carole, and Carole's sis for a strong 26.2 and 13.1, respectively!!! Can you hear us roarin' for ya? :) :) :)

Christine :: did you buy the Calvin Klein puffy jacket? If so, that's the one I was looking at yesterday. LOVE the white but I felt the red or black might have been more flattering on me. I was tempted but didn't buy. Kind of wish I had. For coats, I have a leather jacket which has no insulation and is therefore worn in milder temps only, my ski jacket (can you say Michelin Tire Woman??), and my black wool peacoat. This would be a nice in-between option that's a little less sporty than my North Face...Have a good flight and enjoy your time in the Windy City!

Linda :: we've acquired too many acronyms and abbreviations :) ...it's hard to keep it all straight! I forgot to ask, how do you like Jari's R&C?

Kristi :: Good for you getting your cards out already, you early bird, you! :) Hope you get done all you need to today.

I woke up at 4 from a *really* strange nightmare and couldn't get back to sleep, so I wrote out most of my holiday cards and will knock out lesson plans shortly. Might as well use the time to my advantage, right?

I bagged my w/out last night -- after an extended nap and waiting too long in the day, I just wasn't feelin' it anymore -- so 4DS SCC and the run will happen today, and I'll let LL go. I don't mind dropping that as I already worked legs plenty pretty hard this week.
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good Morning :)

[font color=red] Go Shelly, Carole & Sis of Carole!!![/font]

Christine- That is a nice coat. Travel safe!

Cathy- Oh my you are up early! But you are really getting thins done. I am hoping my cards will arrive tomorrow so I can get moving on them.

Thank you to those who saw my brief race report. I'l past it here again for Sunday Cheetahs to see. (I am a proud of my little race!)

"""I gotta be quick. I did the 5K. I know it seems minuscule to the 'big girl' races , but for me it was a big deal to run my virgin race! I loved/hated it.
The beginning was great, if too fast, the middle was not. At the end it was was better.

It was bitter cold, icy and snowy. 20 degrees with a wind chill of 9 degrees.

My time was 28:23"""

Sunny- [font color=red]You had a fantastic race yesterday!! [/font] I am amazed you kept up for so long with your back being sore. So the music really helped you? Thank goodness! How do you feel today? Congratulations on doing so well!

Today is a rest/stretch day and get organized for the week day .

WE are having the storm that Christine talked about!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning early bird cheetahs,

Shelly, Carole and carole's sis, GO, GO, GO.. have a great race today ladies!!!!!!!

christine- have a safe and wonderful trip. thanks for the happy dance!!

cathy- do you have a link to the calvin klein jacket sounds interesting? thanks for the post in the OD section! you are so sweet. i almost missed it as i hardly visit other areas.

wendy- yes, great minds DO think alike. send me the info...just in case, lol.

judy- what an awesome race you did yesterday esp. in those conditions!! many high 5's!! soooooo, when is the next one? lol. nothing miniscule about any type of race. i am proud of you!

linda- thanks so much. i feel awesome!

well today won't really be a workout. i am resting for sure. i will however do a nice stretch. i am thinking the latest one from itrain. i know this is bad but i didn't stretch yesterday was just in too much pain.

dh has to work today so it will be just me and the boys. i am thinking about visiting my mil (she's about an hr away) since she is sick. hopefully she feels a little better than yesterday and is up to a visit.

BBL...:)

ETA- judy- you snuck in on me- today my quads are talking to me big time. other than that i feel great! yes, music really helps me to keep on going. congrats again!!

Sunny :: here is a link to a CK coat that's very similar. http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=254571&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results The one I am eyeing is originally $220 (now it's $120) and has a faux-fur trimmed hood...Enjoy a nice stretch today!

Judy :: expecting much accumulation up there? Ours is supposed to turn over to sleet. Nothing happening yet.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good Morning Cheetahs.

My gosh, I wish I knew where my early-bird ability went to! It appears to have "flown the coop"! ROTLMAO :p Seriously though, it's tickin' me off that I am sleeping until 7:30-8:00 almost every chance I get. I don't like this and wish I knew why so I could fix it. x(

Well, laziness got the best of me y'day and I blew off the work out I was supposed to do after the race. Oh well. I guess it's not a big deal. Obviously, having slept in today, I will not be managing legs and yoga today like I had hoped. I'll figure something out though...

So our wonderful Carole and Shelly Cheetahs are in awesome (and warm) NV getting ready to race some big ones today and here I sit in cold, wet, snowy Jersey alone in the house with my dog and my son. GRRRRR. I love 'em but I hate being cooped up all day with them. I need to get a good work out in so I'm not climbing the walls later. Since I am beginning the X tmrw perhaps a good cardio is the best idea. I probably should be resting but that will drive me out of my mind today so it's not gonna happen. I don't feel like I've been overtraining though so I should be fine.

Cathy: How much of the white stuff did ya get? We got an inch or two. Not much but enough to make getting out with Joey a PIA so I won't do it unless it melts. Rock that work out today girl! Are you hitting the DM or braving the crappy weather? Oh those Itrains I got are the TM, not for outside. Next month I may cave and get an outdoor one. I DO intend to pick up a U/A outfit at some point though. I am actually CONSIDERING running a 5 mile race I found on December 29. It starts by the water. I'll DEFINATELY need U/A for that one if I do it!

Christine: You may or may not be gone by now so I don't know if you'll read this but HAVE A SAFE TRIP!:) I guess I wasn't paying attn the day you mentioned what you were going to Chicago for so when you do check in, inquiring minds wanna know!? :p :7

Judy: So do you think you'll race again?

Sunny: YAY!!!! I am sooo glad that you are even going to LET me email you about it! That's so darned cool! Perhaps whatever race we choose will offer a half and then you could do that if the full doesn't entice you! There may also be takers who won't race and just want to come for the social aspect. If that's the case, you could do that too! We haven't talked about it much but that would be a great reason for a Cheetah GTG even for those who don't want to run it! :+

Kristi: Eczema? Oh your poor little boy! DH has psoriasis and it drives him nuts at times. I can only imagine how unhappy your DS was last night. Do you have any medicated cream or anything to put on it when it acts up? I hope you got more then 2 hours of sleep last night. I can't believe your DD gets up so early! OMG! I would die! LOL Is she your alarm clock or do you get up before her?

Linda: Thanks for the nice words re: the 5k. I have to admit though that I didn't feel very accomplished afterwards. It was a bummer to cross the finish line and not be excited about your time. :-(

K, I think I'm all caught up. DS is complaining up there. We leave his door open a bit in the winter because of the heat situation upstairs so he can hear us when we get up and then he wants to come down! LOL

The problem with the heat is that the dopes who built this house put the furnace and hot water heater on the second floor. It's a cape cod so upstairs there are 2 bedrooms with only a super tiny hallway (more like a landing) in between them. On that landing, right between the 2 rooms in the "room" that houses the furnace and hot water heat. It gives off lots of heat as you can well imagine. If we leave the heat on in DS' room and close the door, it gets too hot between his baseboard and the heaters. If we turn the heat off in DS room and close the door, it gets too cold. So after playing aroudn with it for last couple of seasons, we've discovered that basically if we keep the heat in his room off and leave the door ajar then the heat from the hotwater heater and furnace are enough to keep his room at about 70 all winter. PIA but it works!

Ok, my novel is complete! :p

BBL.

Hey Gals!

I'm looking for some opinnions please!:)

So I've been hemming and hawwing over doing a different X rotation this time around but don't like the Doubles or Lean for different reasons. Last night I came up with my own. What do you ladies think? Does it make sense? Should I try it or just stick with Classic?? The more I look at it, the more I like it but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

TIA!!!

Week 1

1) Chest and Back, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Legs of choice + run
5) Chest and Back, ARX
6) Yoga
7) Rest

Week 2

1) Shoulders and Arms, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Legs and Back or legs of choice w/pull ups inserted + run
5) Yoga
6) Shoulders and Arms, ARX
7) Rest

Week 3

1) Legs and Back, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Upper Body w/o of choice + run
5) Yoga
6) Legs and Back, ARX
7) Rest

Week 4-Recovery as per X

Week 5

1) Chest Shoulders and Triceps, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Legs and Back or legs of choice with pull ups inserted + run
5) Yoga
6) Chest Shoulders and Triceps, ARX
7) Rest

Week 6

1) Back and Biceps, ARX
2) Cardio of choice
3) Core Synergy
4) Yoga
5) Legs of Choice + run
6) Back and Biceps, ARX
7) Rest

Week 7-same as week 1

Week 8-Recovery as per X

Week 9-same as week 2

Week 10-same as week 3

Week 11-same as week 5

Week 12-same as week 6

Week 13-Recovery as per X

Good morning Cheetahs!

Good luck to Shelly and Carole today!

Lori - Hope that TM holds out until you decide to buy a new one.

Linda - I enjoyed Jumpin Rippin abs. I like doing the intervals. Adds something to the workouts. The ab work was good too. Good job on your runs!

Sunny - Congratulations on your half! You did an awesome job! I knew you would do great! I'm with you though, I don't know about that full marathon. Hope the pain is not too bad today.

Wendy - The itreads are really good for training. Sounds like you have a good running plan. I'm trying to stick with maybe 2-3 short runs per week until I decide I want to train for another race. Guess your body needs some extra rest? Your rotations looks good. The cardio lover in me would probably try to add cardio on another day even though it isn't needed.

Cathy - Guess instructors have to come up with some catchy names, huh? Ended up going to Corky's for dinner. This is a BBQ place. I had grilled salmon since I don't do the other. We couldn't find a movie that we both wanted to see. So, we went to Wal-Mart instead to check out sound systems. Glad you were able to get your cards done.

Judy - Congratulations on your first 5K! Great finish time for you. What's next for you?

Christine - Have a safe and fun trip. Love the new coat.

Rest day for me. It's suppose to rain all day here.

Hello to all others.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie

Hi Gang!:)

Im up again! One more night shift to go! YEEEEHAAAAAA!!!

Im not sure what todays workout will be. Im still sore so it will probably be just cardio and abs again. I am also thinking about getting out the christmas decorations but it may be a little hard with the new terrier in the house that wasn't here last yr:)

Christine** Hope you have a safe flight! We wouldn't get anywhere in this town without deicing trucks standing by~

Judy** It doesn't matter how far your race was, just the fact that you did it. There is only one race here, its in the summer and its only 10 k but Im willing to bet when I decide to run it i will be very nervous! Good Job~

Jackie** Im gonna try my TM again today and see what happens;) I will be VERY surprised if Santa doesn't bring me a new one!

Cathy** HOpe you get a full nights rest tonight, those nightmares can really make you WANT to stay awake sometimes. I had a dream the other night that someone took DS and of course I lay in bed for a while before I could get make to sleep.Have a good workout!

Wendy** Do you enjoy P90X? Did you get good results? Whats the music like? Ive been debating for sometime now buying and I just haven't got around to it.

Sunny** Hope your MIL feels better soon!

OH and GO RACING CHEETAHS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will try and get back here later!

Lori
:) :)

Jackie: I love cardio too and would run every day if I could. My body responds much better to less cardio though so I try to follow that unless I am training for a race.

Lori: P90X is an AWESOME program for building upper body strength and/or muscle. It's light on lower body work so many change or add on to the program's single lower body work out. Depending upon the rotation you choose you can get daily cardio if you want or only 2 days of cardio if you prefer. Each rotation is modifiable to better suit you if you wish to make changes or add things. The music in the X is just background music. It is of no consequence to the work outs because they are not choreographed like Cathe's stuff is. It's not BAD music. I actually like it but it's not there for you to "get into", if you know what I mean. It's instrumental only. When I did the Classic rotation back in January I got EXCELLENT results! :)

Good morning glorious gals!

GO, GO, GO LAS VEGAS CHEETAHS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, lots to catch up on so I will do it in two posts. I'll do the self-absorbed one first, :p.

I got nothing accomplished yesterday because I had to sit on my arse, with nothing to do, in the freezong cold, until 4:30 waiting for a boss who never showed x(! Nice, huh? I am off today though due to the terrible weather and the fact that I have a bowling tournament this afternoon with SO. So, hopefully, I'll be able to get some of that stuff done tonight after we get home.

The good news is that, because I had the whole morning to myself, I was able to get in a kick a$$ workout this morning. I started with HCE High/Lo Intervals, followed by PP UB (3 sets), and finished with BC Core Only. YEOWZAS...I am fried!!!!! It feels great! I just wish I could get more often for a run as that really seems to lean me out like no other workout and I need that right now x(. I'm actually toying with the idea of looking into the Planet Fitness near me just so I can use the TMs but I'm not sure how often I'd be able to get there with my work schedule.

Okay, I've rambled on long enough for now. I'll be back with personals...

Alrighty....

Sunny - Wow, WTG yesterday!!!! I'm so glad it wasn't as "torturous" as you first thought it might be :p...aren't you glad you did it now? You must feel so accomplished! Enjoy your stretch today!

Judy - Woohoo! Great time in horrible conditions! I was thinking of you yesterday when I heard the weather report for your area, hoping it wouldn't be to miserable for you.

Christine - I *love* the thread title for today! I think I might have missed you but I hope you have a safe flight today and enjoy Chicago...brrrrr! Hopefully that new coat does the job.

Cathy - Sorry to hear about the strange nightmare waking you early. You're a lot like me...if I'm up going to put that extra time to good use! Sounds like you have a good plan for today, although you're going to run today :eek:?!?! I don't know how far south in NJ you are but it is definitely NOT running weather by me right now. We've got a few inches right now and then it's supposed to change to ice x(...FUN!

Wendy - Don't sweat the attack of the "lazies"! Your workouts have been reallu kicking lately! Also, I don't know about you but the cold hits me hard and saps all my motivation to anything. Enjoy your new round of P90X!

Jackie - So, did you come home with any gadgets fron Wally World? WTG on your workout yesterday!!!

Lori - Oh, have fun with the Christmas decorations and the new terror, oops I mean terrier, this year }( :p! Your possessed TM sounds a little scary :eek:! Great workout yesterday considering.

Linda - I'm so jealous of all the running you're able to get in J/K! Great workouts!

Kristi - Thanks for the lovely card! I've got to get cranking on those. I hope DS's eczema quiets down soon...poor thing!

I think that catches me up. I'm heading out to start shoveling the white stuff. Have a great day everyone!

Wendi: So why the heck was your boss a no show!? You had to hang around all day with nothing to do cause he wasn't there yet you couldn't have left!? How wrong! I'd have been pist off too! Nice work out you got in this morning. What's on your agenda for the rest of the day?

Wendy - I called him around 4ish to see where he was and he said he was still at so and so's house and didn't think he would make it out. I think he did it just to make sure that we stayed the entire day and didn't leave early *rolls eyes*. I did have a bowling tournament with SO this afternoon but they just cancelled it due to the snow. Unfortunately, they moved it to next Sunday so I probably won't be able to do it now. Fat chance I'll be able to get another Sunday off from work :(. So, I now have my entire afternoon free...YIPPEE! Maybe some indoor decorating, cards, I just don't know what to do with all the free time! Maybe SO and I will go to the bowling alley anyway and throw a few practice games...choices, choices!

How about you? Are you climbing those walls yet :p?

Good morning ladies,
I have not posted in a few days due to just getting stuff done. I haev been so busy baking and getting all the xmas presents wrapped so I can send them to Chicago. We leave on the 19th and I know the time will fly, so I have been very productive;-)

I did drill max cardio and leg blaster and abs from Cardio and weights yesterday. Friday I did the elliptical and then legs and glutes.

Today, I am just going to do PUB. I have not done that in awhile and am looking forward to it.

Well, the bickersons are at it. I will check back later.

I hope Carole and Shelly are having a GREAT time!

Susan

Susan - It sounds like you've gotten a lot accomplished. So, how many push ups are the Bickersons going to have to do today :+?

Wendi: DUH, I knew about the tourney but my mind is like a sieve sometimes!:p Sorry it got cancelled. :-(

Susan: No worries about not checking in. We will always be here! I don't see the Cheetahs "dissolving" anytime too soon!:) LOL about the Bickersons. I love it! They must be gettin' pretty darned good at those push ups by now, ey? ;)

Off to figure out my work out for today now that DS is napping.

BBL!:)

Hey Girls!

Just finshed my workout and my TM decided to cooperate today. Weird huh? I did a 5 mile run, the cardio of 4DSBC and 1/2 of the leg work in 4DS.

Wendi** I think you are making fun of my spelling mistake! Soooo not cool!;) Didn't I tell you we got a new dog? LOL Good job on the workout!

Wendy** Thanks for the description of P90X. DH wanted to order it but I never bothered. Maybe i should buy it for him for Christmas? That wouldn't be a bad idea you know. He saw it in t.v a while back and wanted to order it.

Susan** What are you baking???? I made a yummu cheesecake yesterday. I think it was called fudge cheesecake? Anyway..its really good.

Ill probably be back later. Im gonna go get dressed and put my face on. Back to work in 3 hours;(

Lori:)

Hey everyone!

Goooo Shelley and Carole! Can't wait to hear your race reports! I keep checking the clock and wondering how you did!

Cathy - I liked R&C really well. Well...except for the music. It is basically the same stuff that was in some of her other ones, and some different music, but not very good music. It didn't have a lot of lower body work in it, but was really good on the upper body. I do like it, though! I may start doing some of Jari's for a while and give the "splits" a rest for a few weeks. Sorry about the nightmare! Sounds like a good workout plan!

Christine - Wow! You are up early! Yes, here in the east..we are supposed to be getting some nasty weather....but I haven't seen it yet. Just some drizzle. Have a safe, fun trip!

Lori - i am glad the TM decided to cooperate! Great workout! LOL..I can just picture you trying to get the Christmas decorations with the doggie dragging them all over the house! Good luck!

Jackie - Enjoy your rest day! We are supposed to be getting rain...but haven't gotten much at all, yet! I may download that "Jumpin" iTrain!

Wendi - Wow! Great workout! Sorry the boss didn't show up! Good luck with the bowling tournament! I used to bowl on a league, but haven't bowled forever! I really enjoyed it and miss it. Almost all of my runs are on the treadmill lately. Seems like I rarely am able to get outside anymore :-( I agree, running seems to "lean me out" more than other cardio, too.

Wendy - That is interesting that you respond better to less cardio. I want to try that again on of these days! I think the rotation looks really good!

Susan - Good job on getting all of your stuff done! So...the Bickerson's are back? Oh dear! Enjoy PUB!

Sunny - Enjoy your well-deserved rest day! Aren't ya glad you went ahead and ran? I hope your MIL is feeling better soon!

Judy - I posted on yesterday's thread, so I am not sure if you saw it or not, but I wanted to tell you how great you did! Awesome time in such dreadfully, cold temps! You did great!

Today was a 11.25 mile run on the TM (according to the TM)...according to my Nike+ kit, it was 12.92. So one or the other is waaaay off! I would guess it is my Nike + pod. I am going to try it outside one of these days, as well as wear my Garmin at the same time and see how close they are in distance.

Hi to anyone I may have missed and that checks in later! I have rambled enough for a while! Hope everyone has a great Sunday and I hope to read Shelley and Carole's reports soon!!! Good luck, again, girls!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.