Cheetah Runners - Together we are strong! Thurs. 9/20...

trooper15

Cathlete
Good morning cheetah friends! Thought I'd open it up a tad early as I was anxious to post to Christine.

ShellyC

RE: Cheetah Runners - Together we are strong! Thurs. ...

Hope everyone will have a productive and healthy Thursday:) :D
I've had a couple of nice pleasant work nights for a change. When I get home (after a nap) I'll be doing some speedwork on the TM- not sure exactly what yet. And later another crack at Mindy's Kick Butt bootcamp. THat dvd lives up to it's name!!

Christine- sending you big hugs and prayers for your DH!!!! It does sound suspicious for a pulmonary embolism (clot). Especially with all the air travel he does. Not to worry my dear! If this is the case, he's in the right place to get it treated and it was caught in time. Please keep us posted and updated when you can!!!

Carole- Your Whiskeytown relay race looks like fun! It looks like you'll be doing that fast first leg also. Is your sister also on your team? How's the quads today? Recovered yet?

Susan- I bet that snicker bar for breakfast got burned right up with your run!! Okay, if your bum is "very large" I'm the Easter bunny!!

Jackie- Have fun with the speed ladder yesterday oh Road Warrior Cheetah??? (I love that title!)

Amy- You are doing great with the early morning workouts! I really admire your determination!

Wendy- Oh dear.... I'm so sorry your friend bailed on you for your HM!! Can your Mom go with you? Well, you know that the cheetahs will all be there with you in spirit anyway!!!

Cathy- Yes, I really really did rest!! :eek: :eek: I'm so glad your Backto School nite went well. Must be a relief to have that over with. Over the hump for ya now..... the weekend is in site!!!!

Okay all, time to do a little work here. I'll check back later in the day.

ShellyC

Good morning, everyone!!! http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/mayi.gif

First, Christine :: I gasped out loud when I read your post from last night ~ how scary! You bet I will say a prayer that DH is OK. It sounds like he is in good hands. My kids will be taking an assessment today, so I will check back during the day when I can. Please do update us when you have the opportunity. ((((HUGS))))

Shelly :: I'm glad you started the thread today. It's nice when there are other early birds around!! Enjoy your speedwork and boot camp. With positive reviews from you and Wendy, that might be another one to check out.

Amy :: when I went back to read the later posts from last night, I noticed a typo I wrote to you. I meant to say, I am NOT feeling overwhelmed. *lol*

Well, I'm not totally sure yet what I'll do this afternoon/evening for a workout. I'd like to run, but I'm also itchin' to try one of the new workouts. Will decide later.

ETA: Forgot to report that I squeezed in A.M. Stretch yesterday afternoon. A good gentle and thorough 30-minute stretch.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Thursday. BBL!

Hi ladies!

I ran 2 miles this AM! Thanks for the support ladies - I am determined!

Christine please know I am praying for you. Please let me know how you make out today.

Shelly - we are early birds, aren't we? Love it! I just had my 2nd cup of coffee!

Cathy - glad you are not overwhelmed! I know we all are here. Lots of work to do.

Have a great day all Cheetahs to follow!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Greetings Lovlies!

[font color=green]Christine~[/font] Prayers have been said! (((HUGS))) to you too. Please know that you & your DH are in my thoughts and continued prayers until I hear otherwise.

[font color=green]Carole~[/font] I have not checked out yor link yet but hope to later. Good luck; from the comments it sounds fun :)

[font color=green]Shelly~[/font] Did you post from work? it was so early! To answer your question, I am not 'into yoga.' It just is a way to stretch regularly and almost enjoyable.

[font color=green]Wendy~[/font] At least you got the house cleaned! I am sure you or week will pan out just fine workout wise. I am sorry about your friend not doing the half. If I ever did a race, I would like a friend to do it with. Lets hope it is close enough for Cathy to watch!

[font color=green]Cathy~[/font] The X did not work out. Now I am working on a new 'run plan' with my long day on Friday, (Saturday as a back up) yoga on Thursday, and tempo or speed work on Tuesday. That leaves weights or Kick boxing for Monday and short upper body possibly on Wednesday (with a short run) or on Thursday before yoga.
OK TMI.

OK, it is time to get kids to school, then a yoga with Eionn Finn. TTFN Cheetahs!

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Good Morning Ladies.

(((CHRISTINE))): How scarey! I am glad to hear that DH is feeling better though and that his spririts are up. I hope it's nothing serious. Keep us posted as much as you can!

Cathy: You are very sweet offering to come cheer me on if the race isn't too far away. It's in Seaside. I'm thinking that is still a hike for you. No more calls on the resume yet but I won't let it get me down. I still have a good sized list of gyms to send them out to and that only covers a 10 mile radius from me so I can still branch out a bit further if I have to!

Shelly: So are your study materials on their way to you from the ACSM? (is that the name of it? I'm not sure!LOL) That is so great that you are going to do that. It will be nice to have another option. I can't imagine how hard your current job must be. I could never be a nurse and applaud all of you. :)

Judy: So how was your time with Eonn? I haven't been doing yoga the past couple of months. I let it slide since I came back from vacation. I think I will take a recovery week the week prior to my half and just run and do yoga. Hopefully I can get myself back into it. :)

So I am STILL sore! LOL I am going to the gym to do the Itread Interval run though. I also have to do abs. I'll probably do 6 min abs when I get home later.

Have a great day and I'll be back later!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Christine...How scary! After going thru heart issues with my DH, I know how scary it can be. Of course you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers! I know you felt bad leaving him but it is probably the best for them to watch him. Please let us know how he is doing today...Sounds like you had an awesome run yesterday. That is great to shave off time!! No problem at all about the football. I am actually the Raider fan but I also like other teams and yes, the Packers too. Yes, we did get some light rain last night and our first fire in the woodstove.

Cathy...APX does have a lot of equipment changes, but mostly bands to DB to BB, and I think I keep my BB at one weight. I got a great worksheet from Diane Sue for this workout, and it helps to know what exercise is next. I guess I need to find a "whiney pee pants" smiley, but not sure that is possible...:)...I hope you get to try out a new workout today.

Wendy...so sorry about your friend bowing out of the half. I do wish I lived closer as I would be happy to run your 1st half with you! I have been a bit sore from the P90X workouts this week. Enjoy your interval run and abs.

Shelly...not sure the 1st leg will be real fast, as there are some killer hills! Yes my sister, my niece and one of my speedy running friends are the other relay runners.

Amy...thanks, I have not done this relay in a while and I think it'll be fun. Good job on your run this morning.

Jackie...well, $6.50 per race is a very good deal. I am happy to start the relay off as I have not done that leg before.

Susan...cracking me up with the Helga remark! I hope you didn't eat any scrapple!!! I am positive you did not gain 3 lbs on your BUM! But, you keep yourself in great shape so any weight you see on the scale you take care of. Rain always make me want soup...:)

I am doing BM2 without the upper body work. And some other endurance weight work for the legs, just not sure which one! I have the whole day off and plan on doing some cleaning around here...

Have a great day...:)

Hello for a minute!

[font color=green]Amy`[/font] I missed your post. We must have been on at the same time.

[font color=green]Susan~[/font]If it makes you feel any better, I 'll let you in on my indiscretion. I enjoyed way too many dark Hershey's kisses while driving yesterday. The PMS demons effect me in that way. But add on that, I stopped for a slice of Pizza 9 Mediterranean with spinach on whole wheat at least) on the way home from DS open house , since I missed dinner. We all make some rotten choices once in a while.

[font color=green]Carole~[/font] Enjoy BM2 sans UB and house cleaning.

OK, I just did Eionn Finn Yoga for Happiness (the 80" version!) This is a big accomplishment :)

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Good morning everyone!

Christine - How scary about DH. Will definitely keep him and you in prayer. Keep us posted on things. So glad you had such an awesome run yesterday. Sounds like a real runner's high. Love those. Thanks for the review on the Yogilates. I always say after 3 tries, it's not going to work for me.

Susan - How are you and the Snickers doing today? I have a bag of miniatures here at work. I can't believe I don't stick my hand in the bag every day. They are tempting though.

Wendy - Sounds like you did the right thing skipping your workout yesterday. Sorry that you will have to go the your half alone. It's always nice to have someone there cheering you on. Felt strange not having DBF at my last race. You will be ok.

Cathy - Glad BTS night went well. I just can't picture you being anything but calm and fun to be around. Nice of the student to come and visit with you.

Shelly - Glad to hear work has been pretty good. Yes, I love your speed ladders. They're easier for me than tempo runs. I feel really beat up after a tempo run. I know it helps with endurance but I feel it the rest of the day. Road Warrior Cheetah! That does sound nice. :)

Wendy - Good run!

Judy - I use yoga for stretching too. Don't really like more than 30 minutes at a time.

Carole - Know you will do good with the first leg of the relay. Enjoy your workout and your day off. Gotta love those.

Kristi - How are things going today?

I didn't sleep well last night. Allergies are bugging me. Coughed most of the night. Can't wait for a good frost. I did MM upper body premix, iTread #5 - 40 minutes and the bonus stretch from SChSculpting. May do a kickbox workout tomorrow. Don't know which yet.

Have a great day!

Jackie

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I really appreciate the support! Have not heard anything more from DH and it’s too early to call him – I don’t want to wake him if he’s been up half the night with tests. I’ll probably take a 2.5 mile run to go get the car this morning. We left it at the restaurant’s parking lot. Then I’ll get in some yoga if I can. We’ll see. It depends on what happens with DH.

Shelly – I adore you. Thank you so much for posting early to reassure me! When he told me about the possibility of a clot, things suddenly made sense. He had all of the symptoms of a heart attack – consistent, unrelenting chest pain that did not change no matter how he moved, sweating, clammy hands, etc. Plus he kept saying that he knew this was something big (you know how you just KNOW when it’s your body?). So, I am thinking it’s a clot. Enjoy your kick butt workout!

Cathy – Thanks so much sweetie! I will check in when I get more info. Don’t you love a great stretch? I think that’s why I like yoga so much – always being stretched out.

Amy – I definitely appreciate the prayers! Thank you! Good job on the 2 miles!

Judy – Your thoughts and prayers mean soo much! Thanks! I cannot wait to get my Eionn Finn video. I’m hoping I’ll get it today, so I can do it tomorrow!

Wendy – Thanks for the hugs!! Wow – that was some workout you had that you’re STILL sore! Great job. Enjoy your iTread!

Carole – I really appreciate your support and prayers! It IS scary, and now I fully appreciate how much! I will post as soon as I know anything. I knew you were the Raider’s fan. Enjoy BM2 and your cleaning. Sounds like a good workout!

Jackie – Yeah, it was scary, especially as DH is in such great shape. Thanks for the prayers! I’m sorry allergies are getting you! I think the fall allergies are worse than spring. But, you did a kick butt workout anyway.

My DD14 is taking weight training in school. It’s so funny to hear her talking about reps and weight, etc. She’s also sore “In a Good Way” from it. I’m impressed – she’s doing two sets of 12 bench pressed with a 40 pound barbell! Not bad for a 14 yo girl! Her BF says she’s just like me. I am not certain as to whether or not that’s a compliment. :+

I’ll write back when I know something. I’ll probably go get the car shortly as I doubt I’ll hear anything before around 9AM. And then DH will have one less thing to worry about. Hopefully it has not been towed – then I’ll have a 5 mile run this morning.

Have a great day ladies – and thanks again for the support. I can feel the love and prayers! You all are wonderful! I just love this group.

I just spoke to DH - they are still running tests. So at this point, we're still in the dark. I'm back from picking up the car. Nice little run. Again I appreciate the love and prayers from all of you!!! ((((((CHEETAHS)))))

Thanks AMY! I'm heading over to hospital in about an hour. He's had a bunch of tests, and the doc will be in around noon to talk about any findings. I want to be there for that as DH is not known for being able to reiterate when medical personel say... I'll be back as soon as I know anything. He's in good spirits, but he's bored...

Judy...way to go with the 80 min yoga!!

Jackie...so sorry about the allergies and the coughing. Sounds like you still got in a good workout..

Christine...Glad they didn't tow your car. More tests should show something...and hopefully give you both some answers. I bet he is bored and wants to come home.

I ended up doing BM2 Scrambled eggs...way fun!! Now off for some more cleaning...

Just checking to see if Christine posted an update.

Christine - Thanks for the update. I know the wait is terrible but still praying that it's nothing serious. Glad you got a good run in while getting the car. I'm sure it helped. Awesome that DD is taking weight training. Maybe she will follow in mom's footsteps.

Carole - Glad you enjoyed your workout. I don't think I've done the Scrambled Eggs before.

Talk to you later.

Jackie

Hey cheetahs,
I am off to a late start today. I just finished Circuit max. I find that workout to be so enjoyable. The time goes so fast! I did a 5 mile with my hubby yesterday and tomorrow will do another 5 miler with him:)

Christine, I am thinking of you and your hubby. I am sure that your hubby will be home tonight fixing you one of his delicious Indian dishes. If not tonight, soon. I will continue to think good thoughts. That must have really scared you. That is so good that he went right away to the hospital. Men can be so stubborn about that. Big Hug and please continue to keep us posted my friend:)

I am off to get Mariah. SOrry I have been so in and out with my posts. It has been a busy week.

Susan

Hi Cheetahs!

I thought I would barge in on your thread and ask a question. I have been a runner since I was 15 (I'm now 36) and have run 3 marathons and countless half-marathons. I usually run about 4 times a week (and do HIIT). I am also addicted to iTread, but that's another story. I keep about an 8:15 pace when doing runs under 10 miles.

ANYWAY, here's my question. This past week or so I have noticed that the arch of my left foot (not my right as well) is sore when I stretch it or during some cardio activity (but not when running). While I've had shin splints, sprains, side stitches, etc., this one is new to me and I was wondering if any of you had experienced it. My shoes still have mileage in them, so I don't think it's that.

TIA!

Good Afternoon Cheetahs!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Disgusting/fart-in-bed.gif[/IMG] My step-father used to do this to my mom...just thought you'd like to know that! LOL :p I find it absolutely HYSTERICAL that they have a smiley of it!:7

I did Itread Intervals this morning as planned and even did it a little faster then last time as I went a little farther! :) That reminds me...Cheetahs, when you have a chance, please go check out my question in O/D concerning a pain I had post run today. I'd like all of the feedback I can get! Thanks! :)

So my lats and hams are still talking to me!!! I hope I am DOMS free tomorrow as that is when I'd like to tackle Chest and Back and would prefer to do it NOT in pain!:p

Carole: Did you get alot of cleaning accomplished? I did that yesterday. Such fun!:p I am bummed that my friend won't be running the half with me but I am even MORE bummed that I won't have a cheering section on the sidelines to see me start and be there when I'm done. :-(

Jackie: So what does ITread 5/40 mins consist of? I don't believe I have that one yet and you know I am always looking for my next Itrain purchase!}(

Christine: WOW! Your DD is quite impressive pressing a 40# BB! I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley!;) I hope you get some answers about your DH soon. I can imagine how bored he must be. Glad he's in good spirits though.

Hi Susan!:)

Well, that's all for now...BBL!

Hi Cheetahs! I finally have a few minutes to check-in with you all. Work is so busy today. Tomorrow I will be on vacation, nothing special just running errands. Today was a rest day. DS had parent art day at school so I took my lunch extra early (8:30) to be able to spend it with him. Tomorrow is Mommy day to go eat lunch with their child at school. I'm going to do that with DS tomorrow as well as take DD to get her 2 yo immunization shots and check-up. It is never ending. I probably won't be able to check back in until maybe Sunday. If I don't good luck if anyone has any races this weekend and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Next week my new laptop should be built and shipped to me on Tuesday. I can't wait to finally be able to use it at home. You will then probably see so much of me that you might wish I never got the darn thing. :)

A few quick personals:

Christine - Hugs and prayers to you and DH. I'm glad DH went to the hospital to be checked out.

Wendy - I'm sorry to hear about your friend bailing on the HM and you having to run it all alone. Hugs are being sent to you too girl! I know how it feels to not have anyone there when you race and wanting so badly to share the experience with someone.

Lorie - Sorry no pearls of wisdom to share, but wanted to say Hi and WELCOME!

Cathy - I'm glad BTS went well and so is your online WW.

Sorry I ran out of time. WAVES to all cheetahs!

Hi Lorie- You are not "barging in" at all!! Anybody who loves running whether they are fast, slow or inbetween are welcome to chat with us any time!!! You sound like a serious competetive runner!!
Anyway, your arch pain may well be plantar fasciitis. You didn't mention it but is your pain on the bottom of your foot towards the heel? The plantar fascia is a band of connective tissue that runs from the base of your toes to your heel bone and is a frequent source of injury to runners. You'll often feel the most pain in the morning and when stretching but as it "loosens" it feels better and often disappears when running. Anyway, if this sounds like it you can do a search on any running web site and find gobs of information on it. Many of the cheetahs (myself included) have dealt with this particular bugaboo.

Dont be shy about talking with us! I hope you come back and share more... we'd love to have you as a cheetah! (You definitely live up to the cheetah title with your speed!)

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.