Challengers - January 2012

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Hope your New Year's Eve was nice. We went out with some friends and stayed down town so we wouldn't have to be out on the roads too. Now it's back to reality.

Today I finally went for a walk out side. First time since the ham string pull. It felt tight, but not painful.

Jean

Today was another therapy session. When she did the massage part, she really worked it and got into the muscle belly, ouch. She had me addi in new exercises that work the forearms more. So I'm getting a pretty good workout in with biceps and triceps. Leg is better, so maybe my next week I can try a lower body workout.

How's your week going so far?

Jean

Good Afternoon Jean,

So far I have done KCM's Wts. and Cardio Blast Atheltic Step tonite is KCM Muscle Definition, I am doing a rotation that she put together. Glad to hear things are getting better for you.

Good Evening Jean,

Tonite I did KCM Muscle Definition #1 and Shape Abs, it feels good to be able to do ab work without dizziness.

Glad to hear you are getting relief from your dizziness. Nice job with the workout.

Today was walking on the TM using Cardio Coach 7 followed by therapy. Some of the exercises today were killers. They get into the little muscles that you don't use while lifting weights and really work those smaller muscles. Ouch.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Jean

Good Afternoon Jean,

This morning I did Total Body Stretching Basic Stretch and tonite I might do Yoga. Last night I did KCM's TLC Boxing. Glad to hear therapy is going good.

Good Evening Jean,

Tonite I did KCM Start Here Cardio Only:

19 min
14 in the zone
120 min hr
137 max hr
91 cals burned.

Today I did Ab Ripper X2. Hoping to get back to some regular workouts real soon. On Wednesday I'm going to ask if I can return to upper body workouts. Elbow is almost non existent.

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

Congrats on the elbow. I am going to do KCM Your Best Body its one of her new ones. I have been really consistent with my workouts since the beginning of the year and DH and I are eating better do to high Cholestrol.

Good Evening Jean,

Tonite I did KCM Your Best Body it is all wt work endurance related and I really like it but next time I need to go heavier on some of the moves.

I've never tried any of her DVDs. Glad you like it. Well after almost a full week of no pain in the elbow, I thought I was finally on the road to recovery and was hoping today might be my last day of therapy. Nope, started feeling strained again today. I was getting hopeful I could start back to real workouts, but will have to just keep plugging along with the therapy. Oh well better to take it easy then to re-injure it.

Jean

Good Afternoon Jean,

Tonite for me is KCM KBXing and some abs. Take it easy with that elbow some day you will be able to workout with wts again.

Today during my treadmill workout, I tried jogging. I managed to jog for 5 minutes then walked. No pain, but very tight afterwards. At least its a start. I hope to keep doing this and see where it goes. Hope you have a nice weekend. I'm hosting a Pampered Chef party for my daughter who is starting up as a consultant so it will be a busy weekend cleaning and then having the party. Should be fun.

Jean

Good Evening Jean,

This morning I did KCM Stepboxing and it wasn't a very good workout first time doing it so I didn't know the routine and I don't function very well in the morning. Tonite I did Turbo Jam 20min Cardio Party. Have fun with your party.

Good Morning Jean,

This morning I did KCM's 30min to Wts. and then Power Hour Abs from Ab Hits. Getting a hair cut this morning and then doing cleaning and laundry. Have a good weekend.

Wt. Stats:
33 min
23 in the zone
139 min hr
161 max hr
208 cals burned.

Abs:
6 min
3 in the zone
115 min hr
136 max hr
28 cals burned.

Sounds like you have gotten in some good workouts. Yesterday I jogged again during my walk. Hamstring was not real happy. Not really painful, but just kind of achy. Good news, I have lost 2 of my holiday pounds so far so that's a good thing.

Jean

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is KCM's Cardio Blast #2 which is Plyometrics. I went for a nice a walk yesterday because it was in the 60s here. Good job losing the 2 lbs.

Good Evening Jean,

Tonite I did KCM Plyometrics and Shape Abs.

Stats:
37 min
13 in the zone
147 min hr
174 max hr
260 cals burned.

Abs:
5 min
0 in the zone
103 min hr
114 max hr
16 cals burned.

Today I decided I need to just start working leg work back in and see how willing the hamstring is. So I started with Turbo Barre since it doesn't use any weights. I'm taking it real slow and only going to try small segments at a time. Hopefully this will allow me to eventually work up to the full workouts.

Jean

Good Morning Jean,

Tonite for me is KCM Your Best Body #2. I have gained 2lbs in the last week even though I am working out everyday and watching what I eat its so frustrating. Sounds like a good plan for the hamstrings and back just don't do the wt. work with this one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.