Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

:::: Ch-ch-ch-CHEETAHS :::: Sun. 1/7

This is a discussion on :::: Ch-ch-ch-CHEETAHS :::: Sun. 1/7 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Morning, friends~ Quiet day in Cheetahland yesterday, eh? Wendy :: I hope you enjoyed your dinner last night. Sorry the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Cathlete

Default :::: Ch-ch-ch-CHEETAHS :::: Sun. 1/7

Morning, friends~

Quiet day in Cheetahland yesterday, eh?

Wendy :: I hope you enjoyed your dinner last night. Sorry the neck put a cramp in your workout plan (bad pun, sorry!) but good for you for getting SOMETHING in! You're a trooper!

I originally had a run planned for today, but I am not sure if that is wise. I ran Wednesday, did PLB Thursday, k'boxed on Friday, and did PUB & a 6-mile run yesterday, so legs have been taking a beating and I pretty much have DOMS all over today *lol*. What do you think, cheetahs? I'd rather not make it a *total* rest day. I was thinking it might be a good day to try LIC (for the 2nd time) or a premix of it. Since I still have to learn the moves, the normal intensity of the workout would get ratcheted down a bit, and maybe that'd be a good idea for me today. Any thoughts are appreciated!

OK, I'm up early to get my day started and knock out those lesson plans (since I blew off the schoolwork yesterday).

Have a great Sunday, cheetahs! I'll be back later.
Cathy :-)
Old 01-07-2007, 06:05 AM
Cathlete

Default RE: :::: Ch-ch-ch-CHEETAHS :::: Sun. 1/7

Hi Cheetahs--
Back for a hello. I'm going to try checking in once a week and see if I can strike a compromise between too much internet time and keeping up with "stuff" around the house, at work and with kids.

Cathy--tough call on the run. My 2 cents: If you feel like your legs are tired & heavy and it's too much skip it. I know some days, I have that feeling and a shorty-short run is the answer. Because I have had weeks where I skip that short run, then after 24-48hrs rest, the next run is too hard--and I should have done something to keep those running muscles loose. Other times, the day off was entirely the right thing to do. Sometimes I will run a half mile on the TM to decide......Great job on your weight loss!!! You go girl!

My plan for this month is to keep my running steady where it is: a long run on Sundays, easy run Tuesdays, some speed workout Thursdays and an easy Run Friday. X-training on other days I'm aiming for at least one day of KB. Trying to get UB weights in 2x & legs 1-2x and floorwork 1-2x -- and get in abs 3x.....

Today is the first day of a light/recovery week, so my long run is 5-6 miles -- outside when it's finally not drizzling!

Have great workouts everyone.

SHELLY--GOOD LUCK On your MARATHON JAN. 14!!
Is anyone else racing that day?
What races are coming up for anyone here?
I'm not planning anything, but just trying to keep up with regular running!

-Barb

:-)
Old 01-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Cathlete
trooper15's Profile Fields

Good morning! It's been a quiet boring night at work for me.... a good thing really:) I had a good 6 mile run yesterday and lots of fun with PH. Today will be just some corework and stretching.:7

Barb!!! How wonderful to hear from you. Whenever you can manage to post it's always a treat! Thank you so much for your well wishes. I've had plenty of setbacks on this road to the marathon so I'm not expecting anything fabulous.... or even close. I'd just like to finish with a smile on my face :7 Carole is doing a marathon relay
(part of a team of 3 I believe) on that day. I don't know of anybody else with races coming up. It sounds like you maintaining quite nicely with your runs and workouts. Any races planned for you?

Cathy- LIC sounds like a great option to me! I think there is an upper body/cardio premix. If not, you could always just skip over the leg weight sections.

Well, this irritating sore throat has progressed into a nice little upper resp. infection x( Usually I can shake these things off in a couple of days. Let's hope that's the case!!!

Have a great one y'all! Hi to all the fabulous cheetahs who follow!

ShellyC
Old 01-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Cathlete

Hi Barb~
It's great to see you! You sound very busy - hope all is going well. I like your running/workout schedule. Sounds tough! Enjoy your outdoor run today.

Thanks for the feedback re: whether or not to run today. I have some things to do in the morning, so I won't get in a workout til the afternoon. I'm going to play it by ear. At this point, my hip flexors and abductors are so tight, that there's a bit of an ouch factor just walking and getting up & sitting down! So, although I'm still not sure about the cardio yet, yoga or StretchMax is definitely part of the plan!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:08 AM
DeCathelete

Good Morning Girls!

I am resting today. I don't want to }( but I am slated to begin P90X tomorrow (barring any neck pain!) so I really need the rest day in between! I may do some yoga or stretching this evening if there is time though...:-)

Cathy: I agree with Shelly. See if there is a premix that discludes leg work in LIC. Great option!:-)

Barb: How great to see you! (((((((HUGS)))))))) I got your Christmas card, BTW. I think I meant to write to you about it and forgot. I'm sorry about that. :-( You have a beautiful family! Stop in whenever you can. We always love to hear from you wether it's once a month, every day or anything in between!:+

Shelly: Aw man, I hope you feel better soon! Can't wait for race day for you so I can cheer you on! Don't worry about being fabulous because you can't help that...you just naturally are!:+

I am off to my SIL's this afternoon. We are FINALLY going to have Christmas! LOL We are also going to celebrate my MIL's B'day which is on the 11th. :-) This means I'll be bringing home my weight set just in time for P90X! WOOH! }(

Have a great day everyone!

Wendy
Old 01-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Cathlete

Hi Shelly~
Sorry to hear the sore throat has progressed into something more. I hope you are able to shake it off quickly! Enjoy today's corework, stretching and hopefully some rest!

Good idea to check out the premixes on LIC. As I said, I only did it once and that was a while ago, so I can't even remember much about it - except that there were new moves for me to learn. :-)

Oh, Barb ~ I forgot - I do not have any upcoming races scheduled just yet. I will probably pick up with a few 5Ks in the spring. I am also considering the Broad Street 10-Miler (in Philly). It has been 10 years since I last did that one. It's in May. And it's a maybe.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Cathlete

Hey Wendy~

How'd you sneak in there? :-) Enjoy the afternoon @ SILs...esp. your new toys! :-) Thanks for the suggestion...I think I will do an LIC premix. There's no way to escape hills by me, and yesterday's run was tough enough. I think even a short one might be pushing it.

Hope you can squeeze in a bit of yoga or a stretch tonight, and take it easy on the neck.

-Cathy :-)
Old 01-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Cathlete
Jess_jugs's Profile Fields

Quick good morning, Cheetahs!! I just finished Butts & Guts- ALL of it! I'll be feelin' that tomorrow! ;-) And, I had woken up to a visit from AF- hate when that happens!! :o

We had such a fun day y'day. We survived CEC for the bday party (it actually wasn't too crowded which was nice!), and then went ice skating. Allison was TOO cute on those little tiny skates!! She didn't do too bad for her first time, Greg & I took turns helping (aka, dragging) her around the rink. :7 Then we had to take a hot cocoa break of course! Hannah & Kiersten did very well though & are excited about lessons again. Greg loved it, he used to play hockey w/ some friends so he's a good skater anyway. Then we just hung out here last night which was nice!

Ok, gotta shower, get breakfast, and get everyone off to church. Hey- we're all actually healthy on a Sunday!!! ;-) Have a great day!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Cathlete
JAFitMama's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to JAFitMama

Hi Cheetahs

Warning- Rocky kitty is sleeping on my right arm, so beware of typos...

Cathy- I like Barbs suggestion for a short run or a decent walk to keep your muscles loose

Hi Barb :) recovery week time again... my week before Christmass was recovery but not planned as such. Now I just completed 12 straight day of work outs. Today is a blessed rest day.

Carole- one week until your relay! Please share all details wth us post race! ( The gels go on on Tues; I still haven't found a tech to do fiberglass. My nails are so weak right now.)

Shelly- Ditto on race wishes from above!

Wendy- fun day planned. Is your neck any better? The eli' is nice for those times when a run is out of the question...

Jes- all your 'kid stories' remind me so much of my kids' early years. We did time at CEC often. And ice rinks? Well, we started with open skates and ended up with two hockey players. In fact we are on our way to watch the 13 yo play this morning... PS- in your pictures you look amazingly similar to my (adult) neice!

HI Christine, Sunny, Singing Goddess and Laurie my Canadian neighbor.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...7615&members=1
Old 01-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Cathlete
Mckmain's Profile Fields

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think maybe a premix of LIC would be fun! The kettle chips I like at the Lightly Salted. My DH loves the Salt & Pepper ones. Congrats on the holiday weight loss!!!

Barb...Nice to see you. Once a week checking in would be good...:)..I am doing the 1st 9.4 miles in a 3 person marathon relay on the 14th. The other 2 lesg will be my sister and my other running friend Delores.

Shelly...sorry about the resp infection...but it will make you take it easy this week, which is great for your marathon on Sun!! Enjoy your stretching...

Wendy..so tomorrow is the day!! That is great you will get your weights today...have a fun 2nd Christmas...:)

I am doing a 12 mile run with my relay marathon partners...:)...and then more Football watching...
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/football6.gif[/img]
I will go back to yesterdays thread to catch up with anything I missed...