:::: Ch-ch-ch-CHEETAHS :::: Sun. 1/7

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, friends~

Quiet day in Cheetahland yesterday, eh?

Wendy :: I hope you enjoyed your dinner last night. Sorry the neck put a cramp in your workout plan (bad pun, sorry!) but good for you for getting SOMETHING in! You're a trooper!

I originally had a run planned for today, but I am not sure if that is wise. I ran Wednesday, did PLB Thursday, k'boxed on Friday, and did PUB & a 6-mile run yesterday, so legs have been taking a beating and I pretty much have DOMS all over today *lol*. What do you think, cheetahs? I'd rather not make it a *total* rest day. I was thinking it might be a good day to try LIC (for the 2nd time) or a premix of it. Since I still have to learn the moves, the normal intensity of the workout would get ratcheted down a bit, and maybe that'd be a good idea for me today. Any thoughts are appreciated!

OK, I'm up early to get my day started and knock out those lesson plans (since I blew off the schoolwork yesterday).

Have a great Sunday, cheetahs! I'll be back later.
Cathy :)

Hi Cheetahs--
Back for a hello. I'm going to try checking in once a week and see if I can strike a compromise between too much internet time and keeping up with "stuff" around the house, at work and with kids.

Cathy--tough call on the run. My 2 cents: If you feel like your legs are tired & heavy and it's too much skip it. I know some days, I have that feeling and a shorty-short run is the answer. Because I have had weeks where I skip that short run, then after 24-48hrs rest, the next run is too hard--and I should have done something to keep those running muscles loose. Other times, the day off was entirely the right thing to do. Sometimes I will run a half mile on the TM to decide......Great job on your weight loss!!! You go girl!

My plan for this month is to keep my running steady where it is: a long run on Sundays, easy run Tuesdays, some speed workout Thursdays and an easy Run Friday. X-training on other days I'm aiming for at least one day of KB. Trying to get UB weights in 2x & legs 1-2x and floorwork 1-2x -- and get in abs 3x.....

Today is the first day of a light/recovery week, so my long run is 5-6 miles -- outside when it's finally not drizzling!

Have great workouts everyone.

SHELLY--GOOD LUCK On your MARATHON JAN. 14!!
Is anyone else racing that day?
What races are coming up for anyone here?
I'm not planning anything, but just trying to keep up with regular running!

-Barb

:)

Good morning! It's been a quiet boring night at work for me.... a good thing really:) I had a good 6 mile run yesterday and lots of fun with PH. Today will be just some corework and stretching.:7

Barb!!! How wonderful to hear from you. Whenever you can manage to post it's always a treat! Thank you so much for your well wishes. I've had plenty of setbacks on this road to the marathon so I'm not expecting anything fabulous.... or even close. I'd just like to finish with a smile on my face :7 Carole is doing a marathon relay
(part of a team of 3 I believe) on that day. I don't know of anybody else with races coming up. It sounds like you maintaining quite nicely with your runs and workouts. Any races planned for you?

Cathy- LIC sounds like a great option to me! I think there is an upper body/cardio premix. If not, you could always just skip over the leg weight sections.

Well, this irritating sore throat has progressed into a nice little upper resp. infection x( Usually I can shake these things off in a couple of days. Let's hope that's the case!!!

Have a great one y'all! Hi to all the fabulous cheetahs who follow!

ShellyC

Hi Barb~
It's great to see you! You sound very busy - hope all is going well. I like your running/workout schedule. Sounds tough! Enjoy your outdoor run today.

Thanks for the feedback re: whether or not to run today. I have some things to do in the morning, so I won't get in a workout til the afternoon. I'm going to play it by ear. At this point, my hip flexors and abductors are so tight, that there's a bit of an ouch factor just walking and getting up & sitting down! So, although I'm still not sure about the cardio yet, yoga or StretchMax is definitely part of the plan!

Good Morning Girls!

I am resting today. I don't want to }( but I am slated to begin P90X tomorrow (barring any neck pain!) so I really need the rest day in between! I may do some yoga or stretching this evening if there is time though...:)

Cathy: I agree with Shelly. See if there is a premix that discludes leg work in LIC. Great option!:)

Barb: How great to see you! (((((((HUGS)))))))) I got your Christmas card, BTW. I think I meant to write to you about it and forgot. I'm sorry about that. :-( You have a beautiful family! Stop in whenever you can. We always love to hear from you wether it's once a month, every day or anything in between!:+

Shelly: Aw man, I hope you feel better soon! Can't wait for race day for you so I can cheer you on! Don't worry about being fabulous because you can't help that...you just naturally are!:+

I am off to my SIL's this afternoon. We are FINALLY going to have Christmas! LOL We are also going to celebrate my MIL's B'day which is on the 11th. :) This means I'll be bringing home my weight set just in time for P90X! WOOH! }(

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Shelly~
Sorry to hear the sore throat has progressed into something more. I hope you are able to shake it off quickly! Enjoy today's corework, stretching and hopefully some rest!

Good idea to check out the premixes on LIC. As I said, I only did it once and that was a while ago, so I can't even remember much about it - except that there were new moves for me to learn. :)

Oh, Barb ~ I forgot - I do not have any upcoming races scheduled just yet. I will probably pick up with a few 5Ks in the spring. I am also considering the Broad Street 10-Miler (in Philly). It has been 10 years since I last did that one. It's in May. And it's a maybe.

Hey Wendy~

How'd you sneak in there? :) Enjoy the afternoon @ SILs...esp. your new toys! :) Thanks for the suggestion...I think I will do an LIC premix. There's no way to escape hills by me, and yesterday's run was tough enough. I think even a short one might be pushing it.

Hope you can squeeze in a bit of yoga or a stretch tonight, and take it easy on the neck.

-Cathy :)

Quick good morning, Cheetahs!! I just finished Butts & Guts- ALL of it! I'll be feelin' that tomorrow! ;-) And, I had woken up to a visit from AF- hate when that happens!! :eek:

We had such a fun day y'day. We survived CEC for the bday party (it actually wasn't too crowded which was nice!), and then went ice skating. Allison was TOO cute on those little tiny skates!! She didn't do too bad for her first time, Greg & I took turns helping (aka, dragging) her around the rink. :7 Then we had to take a hot cocoa break of course! Hannah & Kiersten did very well though & are excited about lessons again. Greg loved it, he used to play hockey w/ some friends so he's a good skater anyway. Then we just hung out here last night which was nice!

Ok, gotta shower, get breakfast, and get everyone off to church. Hey- we're all actually healthy on a Sunday!!! ;-) Have a great day!

Hi Cheetahs

Warning- Rocky kitty is sleeping on my right arm, so beware of typos...

Cathy- I like Barbs suggestion for a short run or a decent walk to keep your muscles loose

Hi Barb :) recovery week time again... my week before Christmass was recovery but not planned as such. Now I just completed 12 straight day of work outs. Today is a blessed rest day.

Carole- one week until your relay! Please share all details wth us post race! ( The gels go on on Tues; I still haven't found a tech to do fiberglass. My nails are so weak right now.)

Shelly- Ditto on race wishes from above!

Wendy- fun day planned. Is your neck any better? The eli' is nice for those times when a run is out of the question...

Jes- all your 'kid stories' remind me so much of my kids' early years. We did time at CEC often. And ice rinks? Well, we started with open skates and ended up with two hockey players. In fact we are on our way to watch the 13 yo play this morning... PS- in your pictures you look amazingly similar to my (adult) neice!

HI Christine, Sunny, Singing Goddess and Laurie my Canadian neighbor.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think maybe a premix of LIC would be fun! The kettle chips I like at the Lightly Salted. My DH loves the Salt & Pepper ones. Congrats on the holiday weight loss!!!

Barb...Nice to see you. Once a week checking in would be good...:)..I am doing the 1st 9.4 miles in a 3 person marathon relay on the 14th. The other 2 lesg will be my sister and my other running friend Delores.

Shelly...sorry about the resp infection...but it will make you take it easy this week, which is great for your marathon on Sun!! Enjoy your stretching...

Wendy..so tomorrow is the day!! That is great you will get your weights today...have a fun 2nd Christmas...:)

I am doing a 12 mile run with my relay marathon partners...:)...and then more Football watching...
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/football6.gif[/img]
I will go back to yesterdays thread to catch up with anything I missed...

Judy...I am sure your nails are weak after getting the acrylics off. I hope you like the gels...:)...I will let you know all about the relay...

Shelly...the last barbell I was lucky as my DH found it at a garage sale...with 25lb plates!!! I almost did Power Hour yesterday, but Bodymax 1 upper appealed to me more..:)..I also wear 1.5lb weighted gloves for kickboxing...

Christine...alot of my clients are rough on their nails...probably why they have artificial!! I had a fun workout yesterday with Kickmax and BM1 upper body.

Cathy.. Sounds like a tough 6 miler. But, you pushed thru it. And then PUB upper! Great workout.. I have never used tofu in my protein smoothies. I stick with some kind of protein powder usually vanilla in flavor. Good job getting the magic bullet.

Shelly-I hope that cold exits quickly so it’s not an issue for your race. I bet you will finish with a smile on your face!! I lurked a little last week—glad your DH is ok. That must have been scary. No races in the near future planned for me. I’m thinking of doing one next fall.

Cathy-I can related to the body-tight-hip-flexor-as-cement feeling. Sounds like taking it easy makes sense. I get a lot of relief from pigeon pose & floor work when my hips feel tight (not during these things, but afterwards!) That 10-mile race in Philly sounds fun!

Wendy—Good luck with P90x – it’s a great program, but really tough IMO. It taught me a lot. Thanks for the nice words about my family pic. It was a happy day for us when we took the photo over the summer. Have fun with you SIL. How’s Joey doing post that seizure scare??

Jess- Have a fun day. Skating sounds fun. Especially the hot cocoa! How’s your knee?

Judy—Enjoy your rest day. Have fun, too, at the hockey game. I did a 5 mile run this morning and it was nice to not have to go for longer. We have friends coming over this afternoon.

Carole—the relay sounds very fun. 9.4 miles for you is like me walking back and forth to the mailbox a few times!!!!! What’s the race path? Is it a trail run? I read about the Sharkfest Swim, I think it’s called, where you swim out of Alcatraz. My whole family is somewhat interested in trying that, but I think you need a wet suit and experience swimming in open water---we have none of the above, but are thinking it could be a fun thing to do. Have a fun 12 miler today.

Christine—how was your run yesterday? When is your race? I think it’s March.

Hi to everyone checking in later. I missed everyone!!!

-Barb

Barb....I will start at one of our Dam's and run over it for about 2-3 miles of downhill pavement. Then I run on a fairly straight trail along the Sac river for the remainder of the run. But...there could be some deep creeks to wade thru...:)...That Sharkfest swim sounds interesting...depending on what time of year I would think a wetsuit is a must!!

Carole-That sounds very nice to run near water or even in water! But the deep creeks? Yikes. Do you then come out of the creek and wear wet shoes for the rest of the time?

We read about the Sharkfest swim in the NY Times last Sunday. It looks to be an annual event and the distance is one the adults could probably manage at a snail's pace and the kids would be fine. But none of us have swam a distance in open water --- so that's stopping point. The wet suit would just be a shopping point and fun to investigate!

hello,

I did plyo x yesterday and to my surprise my calves are the only thing sore today. I plan on doing chest and back today but need to figure out what to sub for the back work. my band wont stay in the door. I might to kenpo x also or a run.

talk with you all later!

Hi All!

Today is a session of Yoga and then football. My legs are beaten up from the run yesterday – weird as it was only a six miler. Oh well, yoga will help! And I like feeling my workouts!

Cathy – I think LIC is a good option for you. It’s easier on the legs, but will still get them warm so the DOMs will feel better soon.

Hey Barb – glad to see you back! If only once a week! :+ I absolutely understand! Your plan sounds very similar to mine, so I think it’s a great one! Enjoy your run today! How was Toledo? I have two races coming up. One 12k in March and a 10.6 mile one end of April. My run yesterday was only 6 miles and tough – I ran faster than I normally do as I had some hopping music. But it’s all good and nothing a bit of yoga won’t help. And YES to swim the Bay you’ll need a wet suit – the water temps never get above 55/60 degrees! It’s chilly in the water around here.

Shelly – The long stretch before the marathon – eh? I hope you can shake the cold! And thanks for the info on the cranberry extract. I bought some for DD17 and she’s thrilled that she won’t have to be drinking cranberry juice. She does not like the taste.

Wendy – yeah, a nice rest day before P90X is a good thing! How exciting that you’ll be getting your weights just in time! Have fun this afternoon!

Jess – sounds like a wonderful day skating! How fun! Glad to hear all of you are well!

Judy – how cute – your kitty is joining you while you write to the big cats! :p Enjoy your rest day!!!

Carole – Enjoy your 12 miler! One more week for you too! How exciting! Thanks to you and Cathy I bought more of those blasted Kettle chips and have been snacking on them merrily. Fortunately, they will be gone soon so I don’t have to worry about them.

Laura – PlyoX is a fun one – and yes it gets the calves. Enjoy Chest and Back. I got my door thingy from Power Systems and it works well.

Christine--good job on your run yesterday. Any distance can be a killer -- I felt really tired on my 5 miles today. Good for you for pushing the speed. It's hard to do.
Toledo yesterday was ok -- but long (8 hours including travel time.) My DH did the early a.m. shift with my younger son so I could go to work in the a.m.. My kids had a good day for them all in all. I have a lot of respect for them getting out there and pushing themselves.

The sitting for me is tough on the hips, but I did some Rodney Yee type stretches while there.

Thanks for your race info. They both sound fun. Thanks for the tip on swimming. Maybe as a family, we'd think of it for 2008, as it seems to be an annual event. Any more info on the "thingy" you got from Power Systems? I cannot find a way to do pullups in our basement. We've tried attaching bands and it's hasn't worked well.

Laura -- I haven't done PlyoX-- I always skipped it. (confession time..) Good luck with Chest and Back. I remember that it was hard.

Have a great day Cheetah runners!
-Barb

Good morning ladies,
I have MIA the last couple of days. I have had a horrible cold and really have not been doing much of anything. Today I am feeling a lot better and will go to the gym and do the elliptical and then Upper body split later today. I have not done that one in so long and I really like it.

We are taking the girls on a picnic today at the park. It has been so nice out and we have to take advantage of it. My girls are kind of bummed that it is their last day of their break,but I am COUNTING the seconds until they go back!(LOL)!

Cathy, I say go for LIC. I really like that workout. I feel good after it and not completely wiped. Great job on the weight loss. You have worked really hard to get rid of those last couple of pounds. I go up and down about 3 lbs every other day, due to my crazy eating.

Barb, so nice to see your post. What a great workout schedule you have planned. My workouts have been so balanced and doable lately that it is scary. It is so not like me to have any sort of balance when it comes to food and exercise. My body is definitley thanking me for it though. I too am determined to be running by summer at the latest. I really miss it.

Shelly, I hear ya when it comes to upper respiratory infection. I have had more phlegm this week than I have ever had in my life. Okay, that was probably too much info;) Your marathon is just right around the corner. We will be rooting for you. Enjoy your stretch and core day today.

Wendy, sorry about the neck injury. Hopefully it will be okay for the first day of Power 90 x. You will have to keep us posted on it. I have it, but have only done the plyox workout, which I really like, but I am a little intimidated by the weight workout. Have fun at your SIL's.

Jess, how fun that you took your girls ice skating. I would love to do that. My yougest has 2 left feet though, and I don't know if she could do it. But, what a fun family thing to do. We go bowling quite often and that is a hoot. My hubby reminds me of fred flinstone when he bowls, he kind of does this skippy thing.(LOL)!

Have a great day at church and great job on Butts and Gutts. I really like the short premix of that one with standing work and abs. She only does each exercise once and it still kills ya, but it is fast torture(HeeHee).

Judy, I am so jealous you have a little kitty. I love kittens, they are so cute and innocent. Our cat is about 30 lbs now and just lays around the house like he owns it(LOL)! He is just ticked off that we have guinea pigs:) Have a great day.

Carole, that relay race sounds like a great idea for a marathon. I did not know they did that. It will be a lot less pounding and training for the body. Enjoy your football watching and hopefully some of those yummy chips you have been mentioning}(

Laura, I really like plyox. It is a great calorie burn.

Christine, enjoy your yoga session. I think sunday is a great day for that. I still can't do standing yoga poses due to my back issues, but I definitley get back into it. I hope you enjoy Baron when you get it. I like the other baron's you mentioned, but they are a little fast and I don't think that you benefit from the yoga as much when the poses are not held long enough. A lot of the power yoga dvd's tend to do that. Enjoy your day!

Well, I think that is everyone. Have a super day ladies and I am going to enjoy my girls today and this beautiful sunny weather. Gotta love California.

Cheers!

Susan

Hi Susan -- have a fun time at the picnic and with your workout. I related to that feeling of wanting the kids back in school, but it's also so nice having them home. Glad you are feeling better.

-Barb:)

Whew! Grading & lesson plans: complete! LIC cardio premix: complete! SM-1: complete!

LIC turned out to be a good choice. Even though I knew it would hit legs, it wasn't bad since I'm still in learning mode. And I'm happy to say I made *SOME* progress! :p :) So, in 43 min. of cardio, I probably was active for about 30 min. But all in all, not a bad workout, and I desperately needed the stretch after!

OK, off to shower and then I'll be back for personals before I scare up dinner, get clothes ready, and then settle in for the night.

TTYS-

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.