:::: Ch-ch-ch-CHEETAHS :::: Sun. 1/7

Hey all – did about ½ an hour of yoga but got interrupted because of confusion over where we were going to watch the Pat/Jets game (football for the uninitiated). One of our close friends is a died in the wool Jets fan and her DH is a Miami fan. So in the past we went to their house to see the Patriots play these teams, and the Pats lost. So DH absolutely refused to step foot in their house today. It was funny, actually. Well, I think DH feels vindicated because the Pats won. I doubt I’ll get him to their house for a Pats game next year at all! But seriously, does he honestly believe the gods of football are noting where he is watching the game and deciding the outcome on that?! And it’s all for naught because the Ravens will be in the SuperBowl anyway, so why worry? :+

Barb – yeah, it’s funny how sometimes 6 miles can be torture, and other times 10 miles is a breeze. I think that’s what I love about running – it’s never the same twice and you never know what to expect from your body. Sorry sitting is so tough for you! And I cannot find the door attach thingies at PowerSystems (www.power-systems.com). It’s driving me bonkers. It’s pretty simple actually – a heavy woven strap attached to a little heavy-duty Styrofoam dohicky that slides into the door. Cost $4.00. But they do have wall mount things that might work for you as well. Of course, they are “slightly” more than $4.00.

Susan – it is gorgeous here isn’t it? A bit chilly, but still sunny and beautiful. I’m enjoying it! Hope you had fun on your picnic! Sounds wonderful! Glad to hear you’re feeling better! Yeah, I know what you mean about power yoga. That’s why I’ve been scheduling power yoga on Thursdays and regular yoga on Sundays to get a bit of both. I do like Power Yoga because I feel like it’s works me differently. We’ll see what I think of Baron – then I’ll order more videos. Maybe I’ll send my Mr. Yummypants DVD to Cathy…

And speaking of Cathy – I hit refresh and she posted! Glad to heat LIC turned out to be a good workout. Enjoy!! See above post for yoga and Mr YP info…

Happy Sunday all!!

Jess ::: great job with B&G despite day one of AF ~ WTG!

Judy ::: hope you’ve enjoyed that hard-earned rest day!

Carole ::: I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for the lightly salted ones next time I indulge @ the grocery store. The salt & pepper ones pack a punch, but I do like ‘em. Yeah, I do like the Bullet and think I am becoming hooked on the smoothies. Today I skipped the tofu and just used light vanilla soymilk, the whey powder, and frozen pineapple, mango, and cherries. Yum! Also on the health kick…I made Morningstar sausage patties for b-fast, but I was sort of underwhelmed. I rarely indulge in regular sausage, anyway. Hope you had a good 12-miler…have fun watching the games. People are all pumped here for the Eagles’ resurgence.

Barb ::: I’m a big fan of pigeon pose, too. I also like the stretch where you sit cross-legged with one foot in front of the other. I did a few extra of those after SM this afternoon.

Hey Laura!

Christine ::: lol about the chips…hey, don’t blame me! It’s all Carole’s fault. ;-) :) Happy yoga’ing and football! Ha! Actually, I don’t know if I’d like YP…reviews seem to be mixed.

Susan ::: good to see ya back. :) Sorry to hear about the cold. These dang germs seem to have a way of makin’ their rounds to all the cheetahs, don’t they? Still, I hope you were able to enjoy your workouts and the picnic. Thanks—but I still have 20 more to go, so there’s A LOTTA hard work ahead of me! :) Chuckled at the Fred Flintstone image.

Now, I might have to go snarf a few chips myself….This’ll be the test: can I limit myself to just three???

Have a great night, cheetahs!
Cathy :)

Cathy--good workout and good choice to do that. Good luck with the Kettle Chips. I love those and find it hard to eat just a few.

Christine--thanks for the info on the door thing. I will find it. I have a dohicky that doesn't work well, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Funny story about your DH and football! Ten miles is never a breeze for me...............yet!!!

Have a great rest of the weekend everone!
-Barb
:)

hello everyone,
I did kenpo and chest and back today. I worked up a sweat but didnt kill myself with all that kickboxing. I like it but some of the moves I think he had too many different things you where doing at once. I modified the pull ups with my tubing around a pole. will see if I will be sore tomorrow.

talk with you all later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.