Catheletic Supporters Feb. 15

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Its another week. Ok. Well, I'm still treading water. However, I think its like the ducks when you see them sit in one place but under the surface of the water they are just furiously moving their little webbed feet. I'm moving my little feet (ok, big feet.) but I'm not losing ground terribly much either. I had a goal of ten pounds lost by my birthday but with only four weeks left, I don't know if that can even happen. I will continue to stay focused and use kaizan-constant improvement. The calorie cycling works, weighing/measuring my eats works, watching my carbs works, and getting protein/good fat works. Also, yoga and cardio works. Apparently, abstaining from weight workouts does not have the effect I was going for so I'm keeping my circuit workouts. I'm adding 1/2 a grapefruit a day as my carb and I may subtract out bread. The fruit has more nutrients in it and is supposed to elevate mood.

I hope that everyone is well. We had snow on Friday which is very rare for this part of the country.

Treading water too this week.... I was working hard to do all the things that are supposed to work, I weigh and calculate my food, zig zag and actually added extra workout time now that I am on STS. So I guess I was a little disappointed to not see any progress. But knowing I didn't cheat, helps me just stay the course. I am wondering, since I have necver monitored this before, could this be because it's this time of the month?
I know Venuto says you should adjust your plan as soon as you don't see results and not wait a week. But I'm also wondering if he was talking about guys or girls here, because I have heard from many people that women's weight tends to fluctuate more than men's.

Any thoughts, anyone?

For now, I'm not going to adjust anything and just give it another week to see what happens.

By the way, STS is amazing! I was loving every minute of the meso 1 legs 1 workout, even though today, 3 days after doing it, I am still sore! And I didn't even do the amount of weights the calculator told me to use. This is one effective program, that's for sure!

adjustments

Here is the deal,

When it is that time of the month, take the measurements/weigh in with a dose of salt. I always put on a pound or two and then I typically lose 3 or 4 pounds by the end of the week. If you are not seeing progress right away then yeah I would say look at your food log for an over abundance of carbohydrate or estrogen foods (carrots, soy.) I do best with chicken, leafy greens, and plenty of good olive oil. I'm not saying don't zag but I would track what you ate the day before with your next day's weigh in. Also, on Tom's program you are likely to be putting on muscle. So, keep that in mind. Also, water retention can show on the scale even if you don't see it on your body.

I would not go more than a half week (except during menstruation.) without looking at my nutrition and modifying it if I'm not seeing the results I want. I tried the weigh in once a week thing for two weeks, working my butt off and eating waaaay low on my carbs and I gained a pound. I was ticked to say the least. If I had not been seeing progress in a couple of days I would have adjusted but I didn't. a

I love reading about STS. As soon as I can afford it I am so buying it!!!

Hey guys, my in-laws left today and I just finished my workout and am trying to get a little work done, so I can't read everything...but just wanted to let you know I'm still here!

So tonight was Push 1 and will start posting my food again tomorrow.

"See" you guys then!

Same here Workoutaholic! Just trying to get everything done. I'll probably get better at posting things in a couple weeks when my work schedule gets better. Been eating okay, but not super clean.

Its Dry!!!!

I'm ready to go for a wog. I'm dressed my shuffle is loaded. It should be close to three miles today.

Today's eats:
pre wo egg
breakfast 1 slice sourdough walnut bread (can't bring myself to throw away food) 1 tbsp pb 1/4 banana, 1/2 grapefruit
snack: dark chocolate
lunch: 3 ounces roast beef, radishes and a little dip
dinner: fresh artichoke, roast chicken, 1 tsp home made cranberry sauce

HI all,

There must be something going around because I too am treading water. I also am trying to stay focused with the eating. I am trying to tell myself that it is the exta muscle I am putting on. I am inclined to believe it because my clothes are fitting better. Anyway, let's all continue to hang in there together.

Cendrine - I too love STS. My legs were sore days afterward too. Doesn't the time fly by?

Murph

RB, good luck on reaching your goal by your birthday. Keep kicking those feet girl. :p

Cendrine, glad to hear you are liking STS (and you too, Murphy). I'm gonna start after CLX, but I have another 1.5 months of that first. I agree, it definitely could be TTOM. I think your plan is good!

Rhea, hope your work schedule improves. I know what that is like!

Murphy, I'm with you. Glad your clothes are fitting better. That is the best feeling.

Ok, me...today's workout was Firm Cardio Core Fusion. Really like that one - it's fun. I forgot to tell you guys - I made my goal of hitting 138 by 2/16! Well, it's 138.6, but I'll take it! : ) My food:

M1: 1.5 homemade protein bars
M2: 2 eggs, 1 oz. reduced fat feta, 2 cups spinach
M3: 1 cup Amy's tomato bisque, 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
M4: 1 pure protein bar
M5: 8 shrimp, 1/2 cup pasta w/lowfat creamy sauce, 2 cups boston lettuce w/1 tbs almond accents and 1 tbs light newman's balsamic vin.

Will have to put that all into my spreadsheet later and figure out the numbers.

Goodnight!

Me again! No workout today and I went over on my calories - nice, huh? But I really was starving...really. Here's my food:

M1: 1 cup shredded wheat w/bran, 1 cup 1% milk, 2 oz. banana
M2: Shake-1 cup blueberries, 1 cup almond breeze, 1 tbs nat PB, .75 scoop protein powder
M3: 1 cup Amy's tomato bisque, 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
M4: 1 Amy's veggie burger, 3 pcs very thin WW bread w/3 tsp. all fruit jam, 1 cup butternut squash soup
M5: 1 protein bar and 1 cup 1% milk, 2 oz. banana
Extras: 2 tbs creamer in coffee, 9 chocolate goldfish (oops!)
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein%: 1737/27.1%/57.4%/20.8%

Need to get the carbs down a bit and protein up a bit for tomorrow. Hope you guys are doing well!

Hi Everybody,

I finished my second week of week 1 meso 1. I really enjoy it, but I think I overdid it on the shoulder work and have a muscle spasm that is stubbornly staying.

I think I have reached my limit of how heavy I can go for shoulders and need to not feel like I need to keep up with the crew.

The carrot cake for my hubby turned out really good, everybody loved it, and I am happy to say I only had a bite to try it.

I'm feeling hungrier this week than usual, probably because I'm working out more. Do you eat more when you work out more or do you let it go towards creating that deficit to burn fat?

I stayed within the calorie range and ate clean all week, so we will see tomorrow if I am still treading water or not. I hope not! I'll let you all know!

Congrats on reaching your weight goal, workoutaholic, that is fantastic! Do you have any new goals, now that you reached your goal?

Hi All!

I had my weigh in and measuring day today. I'm happy to report that I lost a pound! I'm assuming last weeks results was just PMS...

I'm glad I didn't do anything drastic and just stayed my course.

I am having trouble with the body fat measuring though. I guess because it only measures every 2 mm I can be loosing weight but still stay the same bodyfat which will then reflect as if I haven't lost fat but muscle.

I'm going to assume that as long as I don't loose more than two pounds a week, it's fat and not worry too much about the body fat readings, because I'm still getting used to the contraption. As long as it is in the right ballpark area, I figure that's good enough for me for now.
Especially since I'm doing STS. How could I be loosing muscle on STS?

Anyway, I'm encouraged, and today is maintenance meals, so I feel like it is perfect for some clean celebrating.

I hope you all continue to see results too!

Have a nice weekend!

Cendrine, my next goal is to get into my "skinnier" clothes. : ) See, I have stuff from right before I got pregnant, which I am fitting into now (like some size 8's), and then a have clothes from a year or two before that (like some smaller cut size 8's and some 6's), which are pretty tight now.

I am so glad your cake turned out well and very proud of you that you only took a bite!

That is crazy that you are talking about the body fat thing...I ran into the same problem yesterday! I re-did all my calculations, and according to all that, I lost 3.5 pounds of muscle! I am going to do the same thing as you...I really don't think I'm losing muscle, either.

Today is a cheat day and I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Extreme Quick NRG premix, along with CLX Ab Burner. I am trying some of the BFFM recipes I posted this week, and will let you guys know how they go!

I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one having issues with the calipers... :)

I know it said in the book to measure weekly and expect about .5% fat loss each week when doing it right. Well, I guess maybe it's better for me not to hover as much on the numbers and just be sure to follow the rules well and consistently....

I had lots of clothes stuffed away in my closet, too, some going back to my early college years, that I did eventually fit back into. I made sure to toss all the bigger ones right away so as not to have something to fall back onto if needed. It really helps knowing I don't have any 'fat jeans', so I better not eat out of control ever again... :)

I'm not as sore in my legs from the second week of week 1 legs, that is encouraging, means my muscles are progressing nicely. So it's week 2 for me for the next two weeks. I'm going to print my workout cards now.

sticking to the steps

consistently seems to be the key. Sometimes our numbers can be deceiving.

This week is all inclement weather so no wogging in sight. :(
So instead of three days of step it will be four days of step. Today is my day off. I'm working the "simple steps" book. But, I'm rewriting the simple steps to do what I want. I have lost two pounds this week. My menstrual cycle is this week so I will wait to weigh in until Sunday of next week. However, that doesn't mean I'm taking the week off. I will be vigilant about getting enough protein(120 g/day), good fats (60 g/day), and the appropriate amount of carbs (60 g or less/day).

This week's rotation:
Su off
M LIC, 3 mile walk, 15 min. yoga
T, Hi/Lo, 1 mile walk, 45 min. yoga
W LM, 3 mile walk, 15 min. yoga
T Taebo, 1 mile walk, 45 min. yoga
F CW, 3 mile walk, 15 min. yoga
Sa Buns of Steel Fat Burner, 45 min. yoga, 1 mile walk

60 g or carbs or less a day RB? Wow, you are a trooper...props to you for working that hard. You have some insulin resistance issues, right?

Well, I had a day today. I lost control. 1st meal was good, then didn't have time to make anything before going to watch the 2 years olds at church. So, my son didn't want his cheese toast on the way, and I ate it (white wheat bread and kraft deluxe sharp cheddar slice). So that was about 185 calories...nothing devastating. Well, then I ate some apple chips. Then I ate a high fiber poptart a while ago. And that was all on top of my regular meals.

Please someone tell me this happens and it is not the end of the world, and I am not doomed to repeat today over and over.

Workoutaholic, that does happen, and hey, it's just a day. Don't let it get you down, just get right back to planning for tomorrow, even if you h ave to do it and get it done tonight. Maybe you could even treat it as your maintenance day and skip your next maintenance level day...?

RB, I'm impressed with your low carb diet as well. Wow! I did Lindora a long time ago and it seemed really hard to just stay below 100g a day, let alone 60!

I like your approach of waiting to weigh and measure until after your cycle is over. I might do that next month, so I don't play over in my mind all week that what I'm doing is not working... Of course I'll be planning on staying consistent with the calorie intake and the right proportions as well. THanks for sharing, I'm going to benefit from it.

Thanks Cendrine! And it was just one of those days...I got my groove back! : ) Took a rest day yesterday, and here's my food for yesterday:

M1: 1/4 cup SC oats, 1 cup 1% milk, 2.2 oz. banana
M2: Shake w/1 scoop choc. protein powder, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 tbs nat. PB, 1 tsp. hershey's syrup
M3: 2 cups light italian wedding soups
M4: 1 cup 2% cottage cheese, 1 cup Amy's tomato bisque
M5: BFFM recipe - warm crunchy tuna rice
Extras: 2 tbs creamer in coffee
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein% - 1631/26.9%/41.5%/31.9%

I like those numbers! The BFFM recipe was pretty good, for a basic throw-together meal like that.

Just did Push 1, and will BBL to post food for today.

Wow, our thread gets buried quickly! : )

Just checking in to say that my hubs is finally back and I will be back to posting again now! Eating and working out are going pretty well.

Hope you guys are doing well and are having a good weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.