Cabs n' abs ---> dashing through the cookies - Tues.

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, Cabbers! :) :) :)

Someone please send me some willpower vibes, PLEASE! I am a bottomless pit these days! *lol*

Wendy :: are the Larabars protein bars?…enjoy your workout this morning! What else is on your agenda for the day?

Angie :: My last day is Friday (half day). I leave for Colorado on the 26th. I’m not the greatest skier, either, but I’m learning. This’ll be my third season. I guess I would say I’m intermediate. My EXT has 12 resistance levels but the incline is set manually: 10 degrees (works the butt more), 20 degrees (works the hammies more), and 30 (works calves more)…hope you get everything done today that you need to get done.

Laura :: Oh yes, we do want to see those pics! How are you feeling today?

Di :: Hey, I wouldn’t downplay your w/out yesterday for being “only” 30 minutes. The 4DS weights ain’t no joke, IMO, and serve as proof that you *can* get great results without spending hours in the gym. I’m happy with what I’m seeing—and that’s with a nowhere-near-clean diet these days. *lol*…Nice workouts yesterday!

I did 10 Min. Solutions Yoga Abs last night (on the BOSU) and PM Stretch. Still have triceps DOMS from 4DS CST. This morning will be 30 min. on the EXT. I have a chiro appt. and dinner plans tonight, so nothing will be possible later.

Have a FAB Tuesday! I hope to get back here later tonight.

RE: Cabs n' abs ---> dashing through the cookies - Tues...

Back quickly to report my workout is done. A nice, steady-state sweatfest of 30 min. EXT, with the last 5 min. going backwards.

Angie :: just a side note from a comment you made about working the legs...I *am* seeing changes in my legs...everything's getting smaller and my quads are getting more defined. Lately, I have only been running on average once a week (least amount of running I've ever done!) but working legs extra hard, so I don't know if the results I'm seeing can be attributed solely to the EXT or a combination of everything (more likely, I guess), but I'm sure it is contributing!
I'm so happy you were able to get your sister's!!!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good Morning to my Peeps!:)

Cathy: ITA with what you wrote to Diana about getting results w/o spending your life at the gym. It's WHAT you do that counts. You can easily waste hours exercising and not get anywhere if you are doing it wrong. Thanks to Cathe, we know how to do it RIGHT!;-)
The Lara bars are not protein bars. They call them FOOD bars. They are whole foods that are in bar form to be eaten as a snack. Things like fruits, nuts, dates and such. There is nothing artificial added at all. I have the cashew bar and it's quite tastey IMO.

So I was supposed to work today from 9-12. I ended up calling out. Joey has been coughing on and off for quite some time now....ever since I had that cold that I couldn't shake. I took him to the doc back then and they said he was fine and to let him ride out the cough cause his lungs were clear. Well, I've been fine for a while now but he continued to cough a little bit and now he's coughing ALOT. I want to make sure once again that it's not something more serious. Sal said he was acting wierd when he went up to see him before leaving for work and I think his behavior is off as well. He was crying for me about an hour ago so I went up there and he asked for a drink of water. He NEVER does that when he's in bed. I got him the water and the hand that was holding the cup was shaking. THAT really spooked me! He felt warm so I took his temp and it came out normal but I didn't know how long to leave the thermometer in for so perhaps I didn't leave it in long enough!? Anywho...I've decided to just take him. After how sick he was last year at Christmas time I am a bit scared of it happening again (though what are the chances!?). I'd rather be safe then sorry.

I also have to go to the post office and perhaps a run to Costco will happen as well.

Sorry for the long babbling post girls!

BBIAB!:)

Morning Ladies!!

Hey .. I finally got the pictures posted on my picture trail under Misc. Christmas Pics ... there were only 2 that came out decent .. we are such idiots we could not get the auto picture timing thing right .. so there were several shots of him walking to me w/his back ..me laughing hysterically .. Buster sniffing my hose .. too funny .. but I posted the best two!

Class was great last night .. I had a couple of minor spasms but nothing major and managed to make it thru the entire workouts w/o quitting .. have a little DOMS in my abs and shoulders but other than that no worries! Tonight is 4 step TORTURE class ... :eek: .. If I make it thru that w/o passing the dang stone I should be ok!

Cathy .. kudos for the shrinking legs! the ETX is one heck of a thigh and butt burner .. when I am not doing BBC or the X at lunch I will hit the EXT for about 25 - 30 min. sets my rear in and hamstrings on fire! I like the interval training setting the best!
and I hear you on the bottomless pit syndrome .. think it is the Season .. all the more reason to workout .. but if you are skiing .. honey you won't have to worry about calories! Be sure to take some snow bunny pics while you are showing off on the slopes!;-)

Angie .. I am jealous you getting your cards done .. I am still working on mine! At this rate they will be arriving AFTER Christmas .. dang it .. that is one thing on the agenda for today .. Christmas cards!

Di ... way to fit in the WO!!! AFTER the Holidays I am pledging to get back to my regular *extra* gym workouts at lunch .. they do make such a differnce ... I can tell in my upper body that I have not been doing BBC or the X lately ... so after the Holidays I am hitting it hard (make a note and remind me later of this pledge):D

Wendy .. sorry Joey is getting the crud .. maybe you will nip it in the bud!! And you girls make me feel better about the shoe thing .. I was thinking .. OK .. maybe I really am an idiot!! LOL Thanks!!

OK .. today is going to be rushed - errands at lunch and have to wash the car at lunch (bbbrrrrr) - then to class after work - then to a friends house to exchange gifts after class - then home to work on cards and start packing .. did I mention us and another couple are going to Biloxi Wed. afternoon for 3 days!:eek: :D .. that's right .. three days away from the hustle and bustle .. going to be nice (I hope) .. and maybe we will hit some $$$$$$:D :D

Have a great one and I will be back later to check in w/you ladies .. don't forget to check us out all decked out .. although DH would not put on his coat and tie until we got to the party x( .. stubborn man .. but he did look so nice!!:D

Hello again.

Laura: Glad you got through class last night with minimal trouble. Hope that stone passes real soon so that you don't have to worry about it anymore. The pics are nice. You both look great! Have fun in Biloxi and come home a winner baby! }( }( }(

Well, DS is down for his nap early today. We have his doc appointment at 2:30 and he can't go with out his nap until it's over. He'll be a wreck by then.

I think I am going to grab a power nap and then hit the work out for today. I've decided to work my brain out more then my body by doing the 2 step work out premix from 4DS. :eek:

We are supposed to go to my MIL's for our weekly visit/dinner tonight. I guess it depends on how the little guy is feeling and what the doc says.

Off to grab that nap!

BBL!:)

My work out is done!

So the 4DS step premix puts LIS first. I wanted to get the learning process out of the way first with HIS so I did my own mish/mosh as follows:

HIS warm up
combos 1 and 2
(I attempted combo 3 for about 2 mins and quickly realized it wasn't happening! LOL I also didn't do the blasts as I didn't have patience to learn them either.YIKES!)
repeat combos 1 and 2
finished product through powerboxes after combo 2
LIS as produced but skipped the warm up

This took me almost exactly an hour. It was perfect. It wasn't all that intense cardio wise though and that was disappointing but I attribute that to not knowing the routines well enough to really put my efforts into the intensity w/o having to worry about the choreo. It will come with time...

Now I have to grab lunch and a shower and then....

Hi Ho Hi Ho...it's off to the doc we go!:7 :p :7

Hi ladies,

Oh my, am I ever tired today. This early shift is for the birds! I did manage to get to the rec ctr and did a 20 min interval on the elliptical and only 10 min on the recumb. bike. I was planning on doing 20 min on the bike but ran out of ooomph. Something is better than nothing-right!

I will try to get in another 4DS weights tonight-back & biceps. I have some last minute shopping to work but may do that tomorrow night. I have a package being delivered today and another one tomorrow-christmas gifts I ordered from Amazon.com. I think I need to take inventory before spending any more money.

Christmas cards-still not done. Maybe I should do that tonight-it sure sounds like a good idea!

Cathy-I've worked with several different trainers and all told me that EXT really help slim the thighs. Keep up the good work.

Wendy-I hope Joey starts feeling better soon. I remember being so mad-after taking the kids to the Dr. and they don't give them anything for it. I thought if they are sick enough to see a Dr. they should at least get some medication. I'm not a fan of HIS/LIS either. I'll have to do them more to get a better feel for them, but don't consider either of them high intensity.

Laura-You are a busy girl. Enjoy your play time (and win some money)before the holidays! My body is in need of some heavy lifting too, especially the lower body.

Angie-where are you?

Diana

Hi again.

Diana: Sorry you are tired. Glad you managed a work out anyway. You are right, the fact that you did SOMETHING is what counts! You mean I actually got my Christmas cards out before someone else? WOW! LOL :p

So Joey saw the doc. Apparently he has the start of pneumonia. UGH! Thank goodness we caught it early so it should be easy to get rid of. No work for me tmrw since he's running a fever.

BBL to see what everyone is up to. :)

Good evening girls

Well I couldn't help it....I couldn't leave a mess on my desk at work. I got a lot done so I feel better about it. Tomorrow's day at work should now be a breeze and I should be able to get outta there early.:)
I went grocery shopping after work and they had frozen salmon filets in 4 oz. individual packages on sale for $1. Woooohooo!! Jackpot for me since the kids don't like fish and usually the filets are so big that DH and I have to split them. It will be nice for me to just make one up for myself for lunch. I bought about 16 of em. That ought to kick the protein up!:)
I did HSC today when I got home. Those squats pulses at the end just slay me! }( There will likely be butt DOMS tomorrow. I think I'm gonna do the elliptical tomorrow with all this talk about it thinning the thighs....my big problem area. I think CardioKicks was on the adjenda so it's not much of a sacrifice for me. *lol*

Cathy - Hmmmmm...I wonder if I could just put the front of the elliptical on an incline like a 2 by 4 or something? Do you know how many inches equals your 10, 20, and 30 degree inclines? Does that make sense?? That would be great to break down a workout like that to hit different areas.....I don't see why just manually putting it on an incline like that wouldn't work? Oh....and doing it backwards.....who knew???:eek: LOL! I never would have thought of that....I'll definitely have to try it. Your results sound so encouraging....I hope I get the same results you did. How many days are you doing the EXT?
So how did dinner turn out? Did ya go with BF?
I'll bet doing the EXT will come in handy on the slopes too. You'll conquer those slopes like nobodys business. And, yes, that is a workout for sure!!

Wendy - Awwwww....poor Joey. It's a good thing you took him in when you did.....WTG mommy!! He sounds like such a dearheart.
Keep trying that workout...it's really a lot of fun once you figure out what to do with your feet. I got so mad at it that I remember making an hour workout of doing just HIS cardio to get that footwork down!

Laura - You are always taking off and going somewhere fun! Man I wish I could just pack up and go. Who watches the pooches when you leave?
You and DH look so cute and that dress is absolutely georgeous!! I'm sure you'll be able to use that one lots more.;-)

Diana - I have to do Christmas gift inventory too. Maybe if I can find the ambition tonight I'll get my butt downstairs and get it done tonight. I think I'm pretty much set.....but I need to write it all down so that I don't miss something or someone. After all the hectic days I've had, it wouldn't be unheard of for me to miss something.
A new work schedule must be tough! That would take some time to get used to....and then you probably switch back? Yikes:7

I should get my list and do Christmas inventory.....now, lets see if I actually do it.:p

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.