CABs & Abs ~ the Humpty dance is your chance! WED.

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Happy hump day, Cabbers! :) :) :) I'm chair dancin' here to the Digital Underground. That was one of my ALL-TIME jams from HS!!

Angie :: thanks for the review of the X+ ab work. Can't wait to get mine tonight. May have to do that one!...I usually wouldn't eat TWO eggs (I rarely eat eggs, actually), but that's what EFL recommended for a snack. If the book listed a certain amount of protein per meal, I didn't see it. I really only browsed through. Need to spend more time with it tonight. I will say I did feel full yesterday all day...*lol* about "Jethro" from the Phillipines. Now THAT'S a name you don't hear all too often!

Well, that catches me up. Hope you all have a FAB Wednesday!

Off to get in my 20 min. HIIT on the EXT...Ciao!!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Morning Cabbers!:)

Sorry I never got back here last night. I ended up hangin' around BF's house until after 10:30 last night just BS'ing with her. When we stopped training through the holidays we didn't see eachother or talk much even cause it was crazy so we were catching up. :)

She gave me a VERY nice THANK YOU gift last night for helping her with the whole weight loss journey-about 25 pounds so far. She looks awesome! Anyway, I digress...It was such a sweet gesture. I felt bad taking it. I get paid for the training. It's not like I don't. It may not be alot but I didn't want to take alot. It's not all about the money right now for me. Anyway, she gave me a beautiful bracelet I was eyeing up when I went to jewelery party of her sister's back in the summer. I wrote down the info and gave it to DH as a Christmas idea. He didn't end up using it so she bought it for me instead. It's GORGEOUS. I'll have to take a pic later and post it for y'all to see. :)

Today's work out will be Slo Mo Chest, Bi, Tri. Can't wait to try it!}( I did the lower body work with BF and her friend last night since I won't be hitting legs until the end of the week anyway. It was fun. :)

Cathy: Sorry you got confused about the bars. Enjoy the Lunas for now. The Lara bars will still be there!;) So are you going to start a + rotation with me come Monday??

Angie: So you think ARX is tougher then the new core work out?? Interesting! Now I can't wait to try it!:7 So are you going to start a + rotation on Monday too?

Alrighty...I've babbled on long enough. :7

BBL!

Good morning cabbers!

Thought I'd make a quick post before heading off to work. It's really windy here this morning so maybe some cold air will blow in....keeping fingers crossed for snow so DH can go on his snowmobiling trip this weekend. At present, it's not looking good.:-( He's already bought some of the groceries for the trip. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with 20# of potatoes and 4 loaves of "unhealthy" bread. He says "but it's wheat bread".....I told him that just b/c it says it's wheat doesn't make it wheat. He rolls eyes.:7 *lol*

Cathy - What? No dancing banana as you rock out this morning??:p
Actually I think I will end up liking the + core. I just think ARX is more ab specific and the + does not create such a centralized ab burn b/c it also pulls in low back and hip flexors at times and it's not all floor work. The last "cherry bomb" exercise REALLY uses the low back. I DO like the variation of the w/o though. It's hard not to like Tony!
Ya....the Dell dude actually signed his emails KingJethro...*lol* Ya right!:D But, if I get my laptop fixed for free than I will concede and bow to his greatness.;)
So today is early w/o day huh? Good for you! What a great way to start the day.

Wendy - Awwwwww.....that's so sweet that BF gave you that gift. How thoughtful! Nothin beats that warm fuzzy feeling.
I have slo-mo on tap for today as well but I'm not sure which upperbody w/o I will choose. I'll figure it out when I get down there this afternoon.
I always thought it would be neat to be a PT and get paid to w.o! Way to sneak an extra leg w.o in there.
I might be adding the + workouts into my current BFL routine, but I'm not going to change rotations right now. My jeans are feeling looser so I'm sticking to what I'm doing.:D I think all this elliptical work is starting to wear down these legs.....finally!

Hi Diana & Laura.....hoping you girls have a super hump day!

Off to pack lunch....

Angie

Morning Girls,

I should be downstairs doing KPC, but the coffee wasn't made and I need a cupo'joe before I wo this morning. I gave blood yesterday and am a little sluggish this morning.

I'm going to Amanda's ultrasound appt today. We think each of the girls weigh over 6lbs. Amanda is just miserable and she has all the stress of having to move out of their appt by the 31st.

Cathy-Digital Underground-never heard of them, but I'm going to check them out. You have quite a music selection. I don't have the EXT yet, but keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Wendy-How sweet of your friend to give you a token of her appreciation. She's done an amazing job (with your help of course)! Losing 25lbs is a great accomplishment. Maybe she can be one of your references.

Angie-KingJethro LOL I think that's a great name. "Yeah, can I talk to king jethro in tech support please." I meant the pyramids would well with BFL.

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Morning Ladies ..

Popping in quick .. got to go to another town for a meeting .. YUCK!! and have to travel w/PIA DOUBLE YUCK!!!x( x( x( x(

Well last night - not all the newbies came back .. so if my dumbed down class scared them off .. they will NOT hang!! The 6 newbies that did come last night are the ones I had pinned as wanting to give it a good try .. so I was happy w/that! Threw 4 Step Torture class on them .. if that doesn't help them make up their mind I dont know what will! One of the girls looked at me after class and said "that's ok sister - I am still standing" .. LOL cracked me up!!:D

No class or workout today .. meetings all day and will be late getting in .. x( x( x( .. so unscheduled rest day is forced today.

Cathy .. will have to check out Digital Underground

Angie .. looking forward to the X+ abs .. the preview on the website did look like he was doing exercises that incorporated hip flexors and lower back .. should be good! You can always alternate the ARX and X+

Wendy .. that was sweet of BF to give you the present .. don't feel bad about taking it .. she wanted you to have it!! :) .. after all .. 25 # loss w/your help is something to be proud and thankfull for!!

Di .. keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the EXT ... I have a feeling you will be getting it!!:D

OK .. better run tie up some loose ends b-4 making this long trip w/PIA .. going to have to bite my tongue a good bit .. have a feeling!!x(

have a great day .. and workout some for me today!!!:7

Hi Girls.

I did Slo Mo Chest/Bi's/Tri's this afternoon. I loved this work out. The Back/Shoulders was a goodie but this was even better! I think it's safe to say that I've made friends with Amy. LOL I don't like the core work like I said before but I can live with that. :p All I have left to try is legs and that is scheduled for Friday or Saturday.

Angie: So you are doing BFL with Cathy? I guess you like it if your jeans are already fitting looser, huh? So which Slo Mo work out did you do and what did you think of it?

Diana: Sorry about your sluggish feeling this morning. I hope it subsided. Did you ever get to do KPC? I can't imagine how tough things are on Amanda right now. She must be so thankful to have you. You seem to be a big source of support for her. :) My BF has said several times that I should feel free to use her as a reference to get a job. She said I can even show before and after pics of her if I want! Now THAT suprised me! LOL

Laura: Sorry about the unscheduled rest day. I hate them especially when it's not in order to do something *I* wanted to do!:p Thanks re the gift. You are right. No more feeling bad! If she didn't want me to have it, she would not have bought it for me. :)

Cathy: How was your day girl? How are the Luna bars? I tried one of my Apple Pie Lara Bars today and OMG, it tasted EXACTLY like apple pie!:9

Well, gotta scoot for now but I'll be back later!:)

Hey, ladies!

I feel myself startin' to fade here (I know - it's only 7 pm!) and I want to preview some of the X+ and do the abs on the BOSU, if possible.

Angie :: ut oh - low back stuff. Sometimes core work involving the low back does a number on me. (That's my problem area in my back.) I know I have gotten stronger, but I have to be careful not to overdo. LMBO at King Jethro...I am trying to do the early AM fasted workouts as per BFL recommendations. So far I managed two days of it! *lol* Let's hope it burns up this blubber butt (and gut). :)

Wendy :: My plan is to incoporate the + workouts into my current BFL-style rotation. After I preview the videos, I'm going to tweak the rotation...I tried a Luna Bar today - it was good but it didn't taste like NO PIE!!! *lol* You definitely have me wanting a Larabar!!

Laura :: did you survive the excursion with PIA?

Diana :: poor Amanda! How'd it go at the ultrasound? Hope you were able to get through to DS somewhat.

Okely dokely...I'm off! Enjoy your night!!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Hi Ladies-

I went to Amanda's ultrasound and the girls look good. Both are head down and one measures about 6.6lbs and the other about 5.15lbs. The tech thought they look about the same size but one of them is very low and she couldn't get a good head measurement. She thinks that's why one appears a bit bigger than the other but she thinks they are very similar in size.

Time to head home, I'll finish up from there.

Diana

Hi all

Diana - Poor Amanda! What crappy timing for her. Glad to hear the girls are OK though and seem to be growning well. What does Cody think of the babies? Do you think he'll be supportive or is the jury still out?
Did you get the truck back today like you were hoping?

Laura - Hmmmm....had to tie up some loose ends before heading off with PIA.....I'm thinking maybe sharpening blades or perhaps loading gun???}( :p :7 LOL!
lol at the "I'm still standing" comment.
Perhaps you'll have to take todays frustrations out on your class. The newbies will have to learn sooner or later what happens when you have steam to blow off.

Wendy - I think I'm doing a BFL type of rountine. *lol* I haven't gotten the book yet but I've made up a rotation based on what Gayle posted as the BFL program.
I did slo-mo CBT today. I definitely like this one a whole lot better than the full body workout. Those around the worlds with the 8# weights were killer. }( I have definitely worked muscles that I don't think I have worked before, especially in the anterior shoulder area.

Cathy - I haven't gone so far as to do fasted workouts, especially in the morning.:eek: I still don't have BFL in my hands either.:-(
Have you noticed any difference with your low back strength in doing the EXT? I think it has strengthened my low back even more, which thankfully has not really even been an issue for me.
LMAO at your luna bar pie comment.:7

Dell sent the empty box today for the laptop so it is all ready to go whenever DHL decides to come and get it. I can't believe they're finally gonna stand behind this laptop lemon. So weird that they wouldn't even talk to me about it last spring when it crapped out.....I think they have messed up my paperwork since I'm sure I didn't buy an extended service contract.....but I'm not complainin!

Chat with you all tomorrow

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.