Cabs & abs --> rock your body! Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls!! :)

So today is one of the days I have to sit in on some candidate interviews and demo lessons, and I had to prepare some questions last night. I've had to do this one other time before, but it's still a little weird sitting on the other side of the interview table...I guess this means I will actually have to *do* my hair. *lol*

Di :: Oh, I saw the cow comment and forgot to respond…Having seen your picture trail, I know that’s not the case! You look quite fit, Ms. D! But I also know I have some days where I *feel* like a cow myself and I’m frustrated that my progress is stalled. Maybe a drastic changeup to your program will really shock your body??

Wendy :: did you do ARX on the BOSU?…Oh yeah, Monday stretch/yoga is pure bliss. I try not to sleep through that one! *lol* So you're using the purple and silver bands then. Glad round two has you pumped...IA the energy is contagious! Maybe when I get closer to my goal, you'll be ready for round three! :)

Angie :: crackin’ up at the TGIM comment. I can imagine it would be welcome after a boys’ bowling party…glad the oatmeal turned out well…I need to get back to eating that for breakfast…I have been eating Kashi Go Lean waffles – with frosting on them. *lol* Nope, I don’t really need a positive attitude adjustment – I did yesterday morning first thing, but I took care of that myself. I swear, when you *just think positive thoughts* it can totally transform your day.

Tonight I’m scheduled to do 4DS C&B and cardio, but I really liked how I did u/b last week using the premixes. Pairing the different muscle groups gave me a whole new burn perspective, so I may do that again. Will play by ear on both following my chiro appointment.

Have a spectacular day, ladies! BBL.

Morning Cabbies!:)

Today is cardio of choice which will be determined after work. DH has somewhere to go after work so I may take advantage and go to the gym around 4 for a run. I'm not sure yet.

Cathy: Yeah, I did the in/outs, bicycles and ATTEMPTED crunchy frog on the bosu. Crunchy frog didn't work too well though. LOL :p I did the mason twist on it again as well.
Round 3!? Jeesh girl. Give me a chance to hit the half way point of round 2, will ya!? :7
I have a plan in place actually. We will see if I actually DO it though! LOL I am thinking of finishing this round of the X up, then take 2-3 months to train for an HM in the spring of 08. I was then thinking of diving right back into the X after the HM for round 3 and then training for a fall HM and then round 4 of the X...Even if I can't find 2 HM's to my liking I may train for one anyway. I'd honestly like to actually run 2 more in 08 if I can though cause then in 09 it's...*drum roll please*...MARATHON TRAINING!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Alrighty girls...BBL!:)

Morning girls

I'm still at a loss as to what is on my schedule for today. I have so much to do that I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I still have some shopping to do but I also have cards to send out, gifts to wrap, lists to make, work to do, etc. Not to mention the fact that I have a mountain of laundry to catch up on. I think I will have to stay home today and get some things done here. The rest of the week is going to be packed full. Tomorrow is a work day. Thursday is candy making day with MIL. Friday is half day for the boys and Cam's birthday but hopefully will be able to get some things done at home. Saturday is an early day with a Christmas party downstate. Sunday is going to be recoup day.:) This time of year is a fun type of hectic.....but hectic none-the-less.

Cathy - I'm getting on the "positive thinking" train. It seems like it gets easier with practice. It does make little problems much easier to handle. All I have to do is look around to realize I don't have life bad at all....in fact, I am terribly spoiled. I truly am blessed and it helps to get that reality check everyday.
It is weird being on the other side of that interview table huh? It's not easy being on either side of that table if you ask me. Hope all goes well with that.:)

Wendy - Maybe you could put those bands on your Christmas list?
Wow! You sure have planned ahead on those workouts girl! LOL! All the way into 2009? What about the STS, and the X+, and who knows what else will be coming??? Somehow I'm thinking you'll find room for those. Hmmmmm....I'll bet we'll be hearing something about the X+ soon.
Oh, for anyone interested, here is the recipe for the crock pot oatmeal. I got this from a fellow sparkpeople buddy. My 2 quart crock worked nicely for this and I got that small crock at walmart for $4!! Heck of a deal!

Lightly spray the inside of a small crockpot. Add:
2 cups steel cut oats
4 cups water
2 chopped apples
handful of dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
mix and turn on low before heading to bed.
Add any dried fruit, especially if you leave out the nuts.

This stuff was easy, yummy, and filling!!

OK....off to get something done...maybe start to climb Mt. laundry.

Angie

Hi Ladies,

I'm covering for a coworker and had to be here by 6am this morning. We are also supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow today. On days like this I wish I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle instead of a small sedan. Using Cathy's positive thoughts-I get to leave at 3pm today. I also have a chemical peel scheduled for tonight and am hoping the weather cooperates. I don't want to cancel this appt. The downside is there was no morning w/o. Not sure if I will get one in today or not. Never say never.

Cathe-I'm just so discouraged that I've been following WW for 10 months and have lost 8lbs. Several years ago it took me 10 months to lose 17lbs and make lifetime. I love exercise and will never give that up. With the uncertainty going on at work, it's difficult to keep a workout schedule. I am off work from Dec 21-Jan 1 and hope to get in some kick a$$ w/o's while I'm off. My dr. did give me a tetracylcline derivative for my acne problem.

Wendy-I'm so glad to hear you are considering running a marathon. I used to have that dream as well, until I started having so much trouble with my feet. At any rate, I think it's great that you have a plan, and as I've mentioned before, the HM is my favorite distance! You rock Ms. Wendy.

Laura-How was the celebration last night? I hope it was wonderful. Hopefully you got some great pics that you can share with us.

Angie-What wonderful workout do you have on tap for today? I do believe in the power of positive thinking. Well, I'm willing to give it a try anyway.

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Morning Ladies ..

I am dragging this morning .. the celebration was awesome!:) Open bar!!:) so I am feeling it a bit too!:eek: DH wore the suit and was gorgeous! when we first got there .. he looked at me and said.. "Pooch .. i am glad I wore the suit" .. aahhh .. LOL men!! He got a nice "award" .. and the meal was delish (although not big enough for DH) .. it was an Asian salad - then a filet and skewered shrimp served w/some sort of sauce on potatoes .. (presentation was A+ .. you almost did not want to eat it . it looked so pretty) .. then dessert was some sort of apple thing (I skipped it) .. DH got hired on w/the company in 1982 .. I was in the tenth grade .. LOL ..:eek: .. once they came up to get the award they had to answer a trivia question from 1982 .. it was hillarious!! We did get some pics b-4 we left .. will get them downloaded tomorrow!

I added some pics from our girls party to the picture trail!

Diana .. you are gorgeous . IA w/the others .. you have got to stick w/POSITIVE thoughts! W/all the weights you do .. your body fat has probably improved more than the scale has moved .. so don't get discouraged!! That is an order!!:)

Wendy .. planning ahead on the workouts a bit huh? I am more of a fly by the seat of the pants workout person .. LOL!!

Cathy .. LOL .. cracking up about doing your hair .. TOO FUNNY!:+

Angie .. been meaning to ask you .. are you getting any of that ice storm they keep showing on TV??? YIKES! what a mess!

OK .. gotta run .. will BBL to check in on you gals!:7

Hi girls!

After refiguring the u/b work for the week, I’ve spread things out differently and have decided to cut one cardio, thereby taking tonight as a rest night. Five cardios per week should be good enough, right? No harm in that, I figure, and this way I can finish my grading of last week’s tests. I really need to get that done. Perhaps striving for 6 cardio sessions per week is overshooting it at this time of year. With the days zipping by the way they are and the general hustle and bustle, I think it might be OK to back off.

Want to unwind with some personals and then get to work. Well, what I REALLY want to do is just veg out, but unfortunately, that’s not possible. *lol*

Wendy :: sounds like a good plan…I’d like to return to more racing in ’08. Hope we can get to do a few more together.

Angie :: Know what you mean about it being fun-hectic but still hectic…I really feel bad for the candidates – this is actually round two…and they have to teach a demo lesson to a group of kids (while four of us observe)…then there are follow-up questions afterward. I’m nervous FOR them! So, did you scale Mt. Laundry? *lol*

Di :: hope you were able to keep your peel appointment…how much accumulation did you get?...I would like to try a facial sometime…I’m with you – I love working out and would never want to give that up. If I only I could be a more disciplined eater...but I LOVE to eat!!!...and I guess the older we get, our metabolisms need a good shot of the jumper cables *lol*...Have you tried a calorie zigzag?

Laura :: glad you enjoyed yourselves last night and DH listened to you on the suit…Nice for him to get the recognition for all those years of service...Will go check out the girls’ party pics.

Have a great Tuesday night, Cabbers! BB in the AM.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Evening Girls.

Well I made it to the gym this evening but it made for a hectic schedule once nap time was over and a cranky mom too.;( I got my food shopping done after my work out. I didn't want to go but needed some things that I just couldn't let slide one more day so while I was there...you know how it is. Anyway, being in a rush to get out of the house to get to the gym before it got too late, I neglected to have a snack so I was hungry. This not only affected my work out but also my mood. By the time I ran, got showered and dressed and got through the foodstore and home I was ready to strangle somebody!x( Needless to say, I don't do well w/o food! LOL Atleast the foostore is out of the way for the week though. Now I don't have to do it on thursday or friday when I'm not working. YAY!

So anyway...I did Itread 7/60 mins but only got through 37 minutes of it because I didn't have any energy left. I wound up running 3.5 miles though so I'm not unhappy with it. I just wish I could have done the entire thing. *kicks self in butt for not eating*

Angie: I haven't forgotten about X+ and STS. You are right...I will fit them in some where!}( I don't see STS coming out until the end of 2008 though so I'm not even going to concern myself with that one yet. I think X+ is due out at the beginning of January. I told DH if he needs any more Xmas ideas to let me know. I will ask for the bands if he needs more and I have some Cathe stuff on the list too!}(

Diana: Sorry you are so frustrated with your weight. Have you tried a different weight watchers plan? I don't know which one you are doing but perhaps it's time to change it up and try something different? Thanks re the marathon. I can't believe I want to do this but it's still a long time comin' so I could change my mind!:p
So I got a flyer in the mail today. The organization I certified with is having a conference in MD in April. I was looking through the book and they have a BootCamp class! They put you through a physical class and teach you to create work outs and market and price your classes! I am thinking of taking it! Just thought you'd get a kick out of that one. :)

Laura: Glad you had a blast at the party! Let's see...in 1982 I was 10 years old!:7 Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Cathy: Yes, 5 cardios should be plenty there girl! I'd love to be able to run a few races with you in 2008. It's tough to find good ones with us being so far away from one another but I'm not against a bit of a drive. The way I figure it, I still owe you big for taking the ride up just to see me at my half! I still have the poster though it still needs a frame. I just haven't gotten to buying one yet but I will! Joey still loves the cheetah...he calls it "cheecha". He can't say it right yet. LOL

Okay, GTG but I'll see you gals in the morning no doubt!

Nighters!:+

Hi all

Muscle max is history. That one gets me every single time!}( Another toughie. Tomorrow I have BM2 cardio premix with AR200. I'm still feelin the abs from MM so hopefully the pain will be gone by workout time tomorrow.

Laura - Nah, I didn't get any of the ice...thankfully! It all moved south of us. But, Diana got hit with it....hopefully she was able to still make that appt. this afternoon.;)

Di - So did ya make that appt?

Cathy - 5 cardios is plenty. You're doing pretty darn good if you are getting that many in this time of year.
I might be gettin this pool table outta here Thursday, and if so the EXT might be in my basement this weekend. Sis said it still has the stickers and everything on it. She said theres lots of different programs on it but said she is not sure if it has an incline but said it does have different difficulty levels....whatever that means. She wants $400 for it, so I'll have to go and take a peek. She said she paid $600....I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I'll probably get it anyways b/c I soooo want to get some fat off this butt!!! }(
LOL! Mt. laundry is conquered!

Wendy - Tony & Cathe for Christmas.....fa la la la la.....:eek: I'm hoping STS comes out at least by summer. I can't wait for a year for Cathe to put out something new.x(
Ohhhhh...you should take that BC class....sounds like it would be a great thing for you to do!

I gotta get my behind to bed....it's been rough getting up in the mornings lately.

Later girls

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.