C&T fabulous friday eve

Good morning Girls ! (Even Little J! :) )

My throat feels better this morning. I'm just sneezing a bit and have a mild cold. I think my remedies must be working!;)

Yesterday was PLB, mowing the grass, (which IS a workout in my book!) and CS in the evening.

Today is cardio & core day............still undecided.

Happy Earth day!

bbiab

I WANT TO WORKOUT!! WAAAHHHHHHH!!

Anyway, yesterday was nuts. My wo was making it thru my day alive. Turned off half a dozen alarms/timers this morning and slept until 6 am - oops! Not gonna beat myself up about it - it is what it is, need to move on from here.

WO this evening will depend on how I feel - Chris comes home tonight, so I will have help around the house at least.

Becky, Awesome WOs! Glad you're kickin' the sickness to the curb!
Ju says HEY back!:p
Gina is doing Earth Dya stuff at school & is so excited!

Katie, You'll be back at it before you knowit....and if not....you have the ultimate excuse - you're gorwing a baby!

-
makin' bfast - bbl!

good morning. first day after my sleep aid. i feel way more rested but had some nausea before i fell asleep. bad carb day yday, but i am moving on and am motivated today. i ran 6 miles and did 40/20 and 30/30 this am. yoga and abs later.

becky, glad you are feeling better, and way to go with the wos yday!!

kate, did you enjoy your day?

katie, i know when my dh is gone, it takes everything i have to get from wake up to bedtime. give yourself a break if you can.

clean break done, bbiab - tons of errands today

Morning! I don't think I have any chance of catching up on what I missed while I was gone, so I'm going to move on from here, too.

Nina, I'm glad you got some rest! I actually slept 5 uninterrupted hours last night, which is great for me. I got up early and came into work. I should have worked out, but will do so tonight and then I have tap.

Kate, how excited are you for your trip to Florida? How was breakfast?

Katie, take it easy, girl! I know you must be tired, try not to beat yourself up.

Becky, I'm glad you're on the mend. I had a bit of a sore throat and a weird nose thing this morning, but I think it's allergies. We'll see. I definitely do not have time to have a cold.

So, what's new? Well, I went to Chicago for a conference Sun-Tue and had a blast. I got to see some longtime friends I only see at this conference, so that was fun. I had some great food and did some good shopping--I got a pair of jeans at Eddie Bauer for $20. Yay! I also tried on shoes at Nordstrom's on Michigan Ave. OMW, do they have some gorgeous shoes! I almost bought the 5-inch platform pump purple lizard skin ones. But I couldn't do it. They were only $200 (compared to the $650-$800 ones I was drooling over), but still. Maybe if I hadn't melted my credit card last week! I also got some new makeup at Sephora.

Oh, and guess what? TCB is coming to visit again. The week of May 10, Mon-Fri. I am beyond excited. We're going to have a lot of fun. My life is crazy busy between now and then, but that's okay. Something to look forward to. I convinced him we can see each other, we just need to take time off work to do so. And we both have tons of vacation time we need to use, so there you go. I think I'll have to get some new clothes, don't you?

Okay, back at it. Hi to everyone I missed! I'll check in again later.

anne

Morning!

Girls are home today-the district schedules a professional development day on Take Your Child To Work Day. Not sure of our plans yet-my dad was missing them-maybe he'll come over for a bit:) Didn't work out yesterday so today will bes GS Chest, abs, and a 30 minute run/walk with my neighbor. Taking the little ones to McD's for a dinner playdate tonight-I will get a salad! All that dairy talk in the OD got me researching-moms do you kids drink milk? What kind? Do they eat waffles, pancakes, etc.? I was reading about a paleo diet, but that even eliminates beans, legumes, peanuts (a bean), tubers, all grains, and all dairy! I don't know how feasible it is and I know I would meet with major resistance from the whole family! Any thoughts?

Becky, you did all that with a cold?! Nice work!

Katie, you'll get back on the wagon, no worries. You've been a preggo single working mom this week-cut yourself a little slack!

Kate, Milla's been talking about Earth Day for a week!

Nina, all I have to day is damn!! Glad you got a little more rest last night.

Workout is done. Amazing Step Styles combos 1-5 and Rock Hard abs. :)

Ann, it sounds like you had fun ! Great deal on the jeans . It sounds like some awesome shopping :) :)

Klaudia, I couldn't do that diet !! I'd miss too much of the stuff I like most !!! Why do you want to do it ?

Nina, yay on the sleep !!! Which med did you take last night ?
I'm glad it helped . Doesn't some slep make alllllllllll the difference in the world ???

Hi Everyone!

I stayed up too late last night and so I woke up too late this morning. My glutes and hamstrings were sore from the combo of barre work and insanity so I took it easy and did 4DS LIS. I hope I can find time to stretch tonight. So the result of our kitchen meeting yesterday is that we had to label everything we put in the fridge with our name and the date. So crazy.

Anne, welcome back. I definitely think you need to go shopping.
Becky, I did amazing step combos so many times when I started working out that I can't stand to do it any more.
Nina, yeah on finally getting some sleep. awesome workout!
Katie, give yourself the rest - you will need it later.
Kate, that's great that G is doing Earth stuff in school. Glad she is excited.
Klaudia, I am getting overwhelmed with what to eat and what not to eat. I am trying to figure out the dairy thing myself. Not sure if it causes my stuffy nose or not. Right now I am leaning toward not.
Lisa, I spent 4 years searching for a house with my parents when I was little. I am still traumatized. Take a break if you need to.
Clintonya, are the exercise tv workouts any good? I haven't looked at them.

b: buff smoothie, scrambled eggs
l: salmon, ww couscous, asparagus, feta cheese, apple
s: strawberries & yogurt
d: think we are going out to a seafood place

Im busier than a 1-armed paper hanger trying to make up for being gone all day yday! :eek::p

Nina, Glad you slept better - hopefully that side effect wont be all the time! Nice WO!!!

Anne, Very exciting on TCB! Does he know you refer to him that way?!:D
Glad Chi went well - I cant wait to go in June w/ Laura!!! I'm NOT gonna hold back in the shopping!!!

kl, all dairy/grains are in strict moderation here
enjoy your day w/ your girls!

becky, fun wo!

colleen, sound ike they're trating you guys like kids....some people ruin it for the whole bunch!
wtg doms!

better keep at it

i feel weird today - not in a fog, but maybe, i dunno, rested?? i feel like i have throttled back a notch - with anxiety especially. maybe all i need is sleep. i also have no appetite, most likely a side effect of my carb inhalation yday:eek: anyways, errands done, and i packed a picnic for lunch with kids and dh. he leaves tomorrow for 9 plus days. my goal is to continue to wake up early enough for some sort of wo. maybe not 11 miles every morning on the tm, but at least 40 min of something. lately when he leaves i just sleep, and i think it is depression really.

klaudia, tell me more about the paleo diet. i love love love legumes and dairy and could not do without it for sure. i should work harder to eliminate cereal grains, but sometyimes they are so convenient. cop out, i know. what would you suggest to get them out of my life?

colleen, hope you get that stretch in. it sounds necessary.

anne, how exciting, and you def need a shopping trip!!! enjoy tap tonight. how is your toe?

clintonya, i hope your side effects from ttom stop soon. i thought i was in the clear after tuesday, but weds nailed me.

lisa, i wish we could take a break from house hunting and we are just looking for a rental. sometimes i think about even changing the kids school and moving 30 plus minutes away for the convenience of a big box neighborhood. but i love their school. it is so hard.

so, i tried something new this am with 40/20 - i put a towel between my step and risers, and there was no noise with the jumping!! i have shied away from that wo in the early hrs b/c of the step noise, but that really really helped. also, i have decided to step firmly away from involvement in my parents divorce. they are bickering over money, and they have more than i will ever see in a lifetime. i am just not going to worry about, even if my mom is burning thru it like there is no tomorrow. i cannot control her or any of it, and it hurts me to think about it and deal with it..

bb at quiet time, after some yoga.

Hey all,

My day is almost over and I'm just checking in. I had a really relaxing day and just recuperated from yesterday. I feel a lot better. No WO today. My calves are screaming at me from insanity and my upper body is pretty sore. I thought about doing legs but ended up just resting. I'll get my 6 days in this week, just shifting my rest day. Thanks for all the support yesterday. It was just a rough day and I felt sorry for myself and sank into it. Today is better and hopefully the weekend will be good as well. Ryan's mom was supposed to fly in this morning but didn't come b/c of of the volcano. She could have gotten here but was afraid of the trip back.

Becky, I'm glad you're feeling better and enjoying the pyramids! I like them too but am really enjoying S&H this week.

Katie, sorry you're not getting to WO. But as we keep saying, hang in there and just let that baby bake. Glad Chris is coming back tonight. It's rough without that help!

Kate, did you enjoy your day "alone" yesterday? How was K? I can't wait until my kids get to do fun things at school that are relevant to their culture. I can't wait to have them in bright, fun classrooms. Here it's all kinda dull but they don't know better.

Nina, I'm sorry about the fd with your parents. But I think it's a good idea to stay out of it. Hope you can find a place to settle soon. I need to try that towel trick on the step. I read that on OD. I always feel like my step is so loud but we also have hardwood floors in there so my feet are super loud too... oh well. Nice WO this AM! You put me to shame.

Anne, sounds like you've been doing so well. I love to "hear" your joy. And I'm so glad that TCB is coming. It just makes me smile!!

Klaudia, you and your crazy food attempts. You know you'll be at Taco Bell tomorrow. :) :p (That is in no way me not supporting you, just being realistic - I say go for it!!!) And as usual, I'm so jealous of your parents and their help!!

Colleen, crazy work meeting. How funny. Your menu looks great. Hope you can stretch tonight. I think I need a good stretch too.

Well, I need to figure out dinner. We are totally out of food and we are not shopping until Saturday. EEK! Gotta get creative.

Have a great day!

nursinng, 1-handed typing....

angie, im jealous of kl's parents too!
what volcano??????!!!!!!
sounds like things are well over your way!
k was fun! i got to go outside for recess! hello sunshine!

nina, good for you re your parents! i know it must be hard tho!

as soon as sweetface is nuh-night im hitting my sts. i need a pickmeup! im all kinds of zzzzzzzzz right now!:p

Hi clintonya! Hope you day goes fast! Til you get home anyway! Then a nice loooong relaxing evening! Yeah, right! You prob have dance!

-
STS done. I was sssssoooo tiiiiired and didnt want to do it but totally worked hard and had a great WO!

xoxo

GS Chest done except for the close grip presses-I'll save those til triceps on Sunday;) Eats are good-except for a few kettle chips:eek: The girls are playing at the neighbors' for a bit. Then it's time for dance and our dinner playdate. Hope I can squeeze my run in later! If not, tomorrow.

Colleen, so crazy about your work kitchen-it's like policing little kids!

Nina, I just started reading abou the paleo diet-basically it's eating the way our ancestors supposedly did-cause there's no real conclusive evidence. I would definitely like to cut our intake of gluten and dairy, but am scared to undertake such a drastic lifestyle change. Heck, I couldn't last on a two day fast! Good for you for deciding to step away from the drama, as difficult as that is.

Angie, you're exactly right! I just have these notions but I don't think I'm mentally strong enough to follow through with them. My parents are pretty great! My dad was all emotional last night cause he hadn't seen the girls since Saturday!

Kate, great job with the workout!

Hi Clintonya!

Anne, welcome back! So exciting about TCB!! Everytime I type that, I think of frozen yogurt!;) I'm so jealous of your shoe shopping-even if you didn't buy any!

Kate, have you been living in a cave? A volcano erupted over a week ago in Iceland and shut down major airports all over Europe. People have been stranded on both ends for a long time! Crazy amounts of flights cancelled. Nothing like it since 9/11. Weird stuff.

Anyway, glad you had a great time yesterday and wtg with your WO today!

Hi Clintonya!!

Klaudia, great job with the WO! Good luck getting your run in and that is TOOOOO sweet about your dad! And please don't think I'm being unsupportive. I just think you're too much like me. Know in your mind that you want to change things but really aren't willing to do what it takes because it's hard. It's frustrating, I know!!!

Planning trips today! Krakow (Auschwitz) and Prague!! Probably both with my mother in law and weekend trips.

Ooh, Angie! Danica's gonna be jealous when I tell her you're going to Auschwitz! She saw the new PBS version of The Diary of Anne Frank and is obsessed with it! I know you're not being unsupportive! You just know me well;) My bf in WI wouldn't even respond to my post on FB!!

Klaudia, WTG on the WO! I save that exercises for tris too.
TCB makes me think of froyo too!:p
and I think you can totally do a paleo diet! "I think I can, I think I can.....I know I can!"

Angie, ROFL! I guess I do live in a cave! We dont have a TV, so if no one tells me about whatever current event is going on I dont know about it! We get the paper only on Sundays but I just take the coupons and ads and dump the rest. It's mostly just liberal garbage that I dont want to read OR have my kids seeing/reading.
Trip planning sounds good! I was just perusing the Disney website - I can't wait to leave!!!!!!!!

Children for sale! I've got a great 3-for-1 deal going tonight! :p:p:p:p
CANT WAIT to put them to bed!!!! :D:D:D:D How many ways can you say ORNERY!?!?!?!?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.