Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle Cathletic Supporters Week of 5/4

punka274

Cathlete
Morning,how has everyone been the last couple of days?

I decided on taking a rest day yesterday. I did some house chores instead. Today is some type of cardio and a 4DS weight work...haven't decided on what exactly. Im going through the 'I can't be bothereds' just don't feel like doing anything right now,and i don't want anyone bothering me.:rolleyes::confused: Maybe its post-menstrual....LOL:rolleyes:

Yesterday i decided to lower my cals (no workout...figured i needed to) well,that was a huge mistake:( i was starving most of the day. I was able to control my hunger for the most part(thank goodness i didn't buy any junk food ) but i didn't stick to orginal cals i was hoping for, darnit!

bbl

im so glad my workout is over...ughhhhh. Its like I had no motivation today(or yesterday for that matter:eek:)

I decided on 4DS shoulders,chest and triceps then i did 40mins on the treadmill. I feel better now that im all sweaty;):)

have a good day!

Hey Amelia,

good job pushing through your blah feeling! I have just had to do that this morning too. I was talking to myself the whole body max2 warmup that maybe I'll just take today off, but i pushed through it too and am glad I did. I always feel better afterwards!

Gotta run!

Hi ladies! Sorry I've bee MIA. My laptop died and I had to wait for a new one from work. I am back up and running. Will hopefully read all the posts I've missed and check in tonight!

Morning Everybody!!!

Today will be 40mins on the TM then 4DS legs...love that one,short but gets the job done!;)

bbl

Workout done as planned! My legs were so tight after the weight work, i could hardly finish my tm workout, i ended up powerwalking for most of it at an incline.

I think i hurt my knee...i was walking and tripped on a rug and my knee was throbbing for about 5mins. It hurt like hell:confused: i hope nothing serious comes out of it!:(

Have a great day!:)

Amelia, I'm so sorry about your knee. Don't do that, ok? It's bad enough that I messed up my lower back, no need for you to follow along...:eek:

I hope you recover quickly. Maybe take some advil for any inflammation.

I did disk 17 legs today, it worked me good too, and helped put my back out.:(
Heating pad for me tonight!

Morning

Cendrine-How is your back this morning? Great job with your leg workout yesterday! My knee has been hurting me on and off for about four years now,i had x-rays done on it that showed nothing....doc says i have a bad knee.

Hey to everybody that pops in after me! Today is 4DS Biceps and Back then i will do a cardio for 40mins...not sure what yet!

I let my sister borrow one of my Cathe dvds',low impact step(one of my favorites), and i also gave her an old step that i haven't used in years(a smaller one) so she could see how she liked it. MAN,i don't like my Cathe workouts being borrowed:mad: i kept reminding her to be 'gentle' with the dvd,lol!

bbl

Amelia,

I had to laugh when you mentioned how protective you are of your cathe workouts! I am the same way. Hubby has a copy software so I just make him make copies of the workouts I lend out and give it out in the original case. That way if the borrower is not gentle, I have the original back up!:)

I spent the entire night on the heating pad, which was challenging because it is in the 80s here... But my back was well enough for me to dare tackle CCV2 this morning and I was able to do the whole workout. Yay! I also tacked on medicine ball abs circuit. So things are looking up here and I am going to continue the heating pad for another day or two just to be on the safe side.

You know, about your knee, have you ever had a sports chiropractor look at it? I didn't start going to a chiropractor until about 1 year ago, but it has made a huge difference in teaching me how to listen to my body and do preventative and natural things for maximum results for my active lifestyle. If your insurance covers it, I would highly recommend trying one, they just might have some ideas of how to help your knee be the best it can be!

Workout done! I increased my weight during the back work too:D

Cendrine-Im glad you were able to get in your workout!!! WTG!! My DH was laid off in dec. of last year and he just got a job about a month ago...as soon as his insurance kicks in i will check out that sports chiropractor!!! Good idea about copying the dvd then lending out the copy!

Ive gotta scoot ....DS is wanting for his PBJ sandwich!

Hey to Everybody!!!!! BBL

Hi there! Haven't been able to post for a while......

Still reading my books, but counting the calories at least. I've taken a week off from STS and been doing some Tony Horton and some of my Chalene. I have a couple of one-on-one trainers that I had not been able to do yet, so I'm just "playing" this week. Next week, I can start back up STS again. I think I got tired of all the equipment and hauling it out and putting it back. :(

How's the knees and the backs? That's another reason why I stopped for a while, my back got way too tight with all those push-ups I did one Disc....6? I'll start back up with Disc 6, but will be wary of those darn push-ups.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!:eek:

Morning TGIF:D

Today is some abb work then i will do a step workout!

Rhea-WTG on counting your cals...its gets old but thats the only way i know how to lose weight/maintain.

I need to finish reading BFFM...im skimming through it when i get the time, but i have yet to read the entire thing:eek:

Hey to everybody!

bbl

Hi Everybody, and welcome back, Rhea,

I hear you on the STS, I really need to watch it and listen to my body so I don't mess up my back, like the barbell rows for instance, the back muscles could handle the weight suggested by the workout manager, but my lower back just can't, no matter how strong and engaged my abs are, so I modify weights and am ok with that. It's not a competition as to who can lift the most weight or do the most pushups....
My back is almost all better, thanks for asking. I did my back workout with caution today, doing seated lat rows instead of standing barbell rows and it helped a lot with my lower back. Upper back is getting stronger, I am able to do more pullups and chinups with better from, so I'm happy about that!

I agree with the calorie counting, it's a pain in the behind, but it keeps me honest and takes the guess work out of it and I'm all for that, especially since I'm seeing results. So, lets go ahead and keep counting!
LOL!

Have a great day all!

Hi everyone -

Can I join in on this check-in? I downloaded the book a few weeks ago and have been gradually trying to adjust my food to match the %'s listed in the book. I have been "lurking" around the forums for the past few years. My DH and I have been doing Cathe workouts for probably about 3 years or so. The weight loss/maintenance (trying not going back up too much) is an everyday journey - sometimes struggle :D

Yesterday was Cardio Kicks and today is supposed to be be Kettlebells and abs after work.

Clintonya

Welcome Clintonya:D of course you can join in!!! Glad to have you...i kinda new myself to this checkin(started BFFM 4/13) but ive been working out with Cathe going on 4yrs now and since then,trying to clean up my diet!

I hear ya on struggling with the diet, its been getting easier as i learn to control my cravings. BFFM has helped alot in that department!

Have fun with your kettlebell workout!!!

I finished my workout...did a HIIT on the treadmill then some abb work. Im glad its over,lol:D im having another " I'd-rather-be-doing-something-else" kinda days:rolleyes: atleast its friday...yay! tommorrow is my much anticipated cheat meal day!!!!

Have a great day!

Welcome, Clintonya!

It's fun to have new people on this thread, so hop right in!

I've been doing Cathe for about 5 years now and started BFFM this January. It's been really good, and I have been getting the best results this way (and I have been on a few programs...:eek:) I'm doing the STS series along with BFFM and it's just a great complement!

Looking forward to getting to know you here!

Thanks for the welcome Amelia and Cendrine:D

My workout is done and I know what you mean Amelia – I am having that kind of day too. I think it is because it is Friday and I am just tired from the week.

Cendrine, that is great about your results. I am finally losing some weight this last week or so. I had been trying since December and had only 2.5 lost pounds since then – I guess I wasn’t trying hard enough:D So about 4 weeks ago I decided I needed to do something different so I got the book.

We also are doing STS but started over due to my having to take some time off from exercising because of being sick. We weren’t very far into it so it seemed better to start over.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Clintonya

Hi ladies!

Cendrine, how is your back doing? I hear you on the low back thing. I do not like the barbell rows where you are standing, hinging from the hip and pulling the barbell back to the navel. When the weight gets heavy, my low back doesn't like it either.

Amelia, how is your knee? Sounds like you are ok now? About your other post on lowering your calories...I totally agree, I just can't do it either.

Welcome, Clintonya!!! We definitely struggle here, too, so please join and we can all help each other.

Hi Rhea, good job keeping up your workouts!

Workout tonight was Stephanie Huckabee's legs/shoulders and cardio. They are nice easier workouts, and Lance is out of town again so I'm not doing P90X. He'll be back tonight and we'll start again on Monday.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Good evening!

Welcome Clintonya! It is great that you started BFFM.

Well, I've been pretty good with the eating, not great, but okay. I don't think I've been eating the right types of food since there are times when I feel like I'm starving!!!!

Today I did one of TH's one-on-one trainers again. I just love him. He takes a little to get use to, but he is such a goof ball. Bun Shaper is just that, all exercises for the buns. I hope I can stand tomorrow!

Morning,

After work i plan on doing a circuit of some type. I wish Cathe would come up with more intermediate type circuits;) ya know,like C&W or LIC.

What in the heck are my kids doing up at 6:30 in the morning??????:confused: There in the living room playing with there toys?

BB after work to report my workout and do some personals!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.