Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle Cathletic Supporters Week of 4/27

punka274

Cathlete
Good Afternoon!:) I meant to start a new thread this morning,i knew i was forgetting something:rolleyes:

Today was LIC...i finished it earlier,my energy wasn't the best but i still puhsed through it,im still suffering from allergies:mad:. Im taking Zyrtec at night so maybe it will help soon.

My eating was good yesterday,right at my calorie and macro counts:). I didn't workout yesterday so i lowered my cals a bit..today i raised them slightly!

How is everyone doing? What workouts did you guys do?

TTYL:)

Thanks Amelia!

Nice job on pushing through the workout even though you are not feeling 100%! And good job on the eating too!

I did disk 16 today. I'm still getting used to the long rest periods, it somehow feels like I'm not working as hard as I could when I rest so much, but I am sure sore the next day!

Eating is going well too.

Good evening~

Still on track for me too. Did STS Disc 7 today. Lots of push-ups, I was fried at the end. Tomorrow is a massage day and then I'm traveling (hopefully it doesn't snow) on Weds. So no workouts until I get to the bay area. Not sure what is in store for the rest of the week. I think I'll bring my portable dvd player and try STS at the apartment gym, maybe, if nobody else is in there. lol

Have a great rest of the evening!

Hi ladies, and good to see you Rhea! Are you getting Cathe's travel workout? It seems like you travel a bit and I bet it's going to be good!

Weird, I posted about my last few workouts and it isn't there anymore. Well, I'll just start over. Tonight was P90X Chest and Back with the hubs. It's definitely hard...like alternating chin-ups/pull-ups (I used a band, he used a pull-up bar) and pushups for a bit under an hour. That workout really made me want Cathe's tower, but I have resisted so far!

Great job on your workouts everyone, let's have a good week!

Morning

I went to bed very early last night because my body was just aching, and i have a pretty bad cough:mad: but it seems to be loosen up the build up in my chest, i may have to buy something to dry all this up!

With that in mind,im not sure about working out until my health is better! I felt worse after my workout yesterday. I don't think it would hurt to walk the dog this afternoon though....of course i really don't consider that a workout,lol! mmmmm, maybe a segment of stretchmax?

Anyways...Rock those workout Ladies:cool: and a huge high fives to us with our eating!!!:) Have a great day!!!

Hey Amelia,

I'm so sorry to hear about your continued trouble with your health!

I got it bad right around christmas and I ended up needing antibiotics and prescription antiinflammatory to kick it. Please don't wait as long as I did to go to the doctor! Something nasty has been going around this year!

I did CCV3 and loved it, as well as no equipment abs. I'm really tired now, I felt energized in the morning but feel like taking a nap now....

I went on this liquid vitamin experiment because in the second half of my cycle I would always get hit with this extreme fatigue. I've only been taking the vitamins for the last 2 or so weeks and it seems the fatigue set on later, but I feel it today. Hopefully as I keep taking this stuff, it will go away fully. My chiropractor thinks it's related to an over demand on the adrenal glands which leads to adrenal fatigue.... I hope this gets fixed quick, now that we know what it might be.

I am eating well. Now that I reached my 18% goal, I'm not wanting to stop, LOL! I wonder if I can get to 15%. I'm still eating on the fatloss phase plan this month because I don't want to go above my goal % by accident as I try to figure out what it takes me to maintain. so I figure if I get lower, it gives me more space to find out that medium of maintaining, if that makes any sense? So, anyway, more fatloss hopefully this month, and then maintenance phase next month.

Have a great day!

Cendrine-I will cross my fingers that the vitamins help with the over demanding andrenal gland. That must be very frustrating for you!

Workoutoholic-I hope your having a good day:) Whats on tabs for todays workout?

Today is 4DS Chest, back,bicep and triceps. Then i will do a cardio on the treadmill,probably CC! Im not 100% better but im improving...im not putting off my workouts anymore! They help keep me sane:confused:;)

I watching a info commercial on P90x yesterday and all though ive watched it before i still can't get over the results they show. And i was floored when they announced that Tony Horton was in his 50's...WOW:eek: he looks great! I may have to do P90x one day:).

Hi Guys,

I did disk 17 legs today. it was hard and my legs feel like gum... and I was already tired anyway.... I should be pretty sore by tomorrow!

Amelia , I know what you mean about not putting off workouts and how they help keep you sane. I feel the same way!

I haven't done p90x, I did p90 when it first came out and lost a ton because I was also doing lindora at the same time. THat was before kids and I am ashamed to say that I got way out of shape after doing it, but it worked when I did it, just got a little boring after a while, and t his was also before Cathe, I don't know if I would like it as much now. But Tony has a nice personality, I enjoyed working out with him.

Workout done! I finally decided on doing 4DS chest,shoulders,triceps then i did cardio coach V 4. Burned 503cals:) now i will have to wait and see how my body reacts to it, i want to get a dogwalk in later.

Cendrine-Great job with legs....i love that gummy feeling after a workout. Yeah,Tony Horton seems like hes very upbeat on the info commercial, but like you said,im kinda spoiled with Cathe's workouts now.:eek: I still remember my first workout to her(basic step) years ago...i was so impressed,and till this day she still impresses me:D

im eating my lunch right now, brown rice,tuna and some organic cream of mushroom soup...all stirred together It SOOOOOOO good! My DH thinks im crazy everytime i eat it:rolleyes:

Im still getting cravings,not sure why? I drank some chamolie honey vanilla tea yesterday to defend them off...it was a challenge.

ok...TTYL:)

Last edited:
Amelia,

nice job on the workout! Sounds like you did quite a bit today! I love your lunch! Sounds yummy no matter what hubby thinks!LOL!

As far as cravings go, I didn't realize this until recently, my cravings get the hardest starting anywhere from a week before my period until it hits. Knowing that has really helped me mentally prepare for it! It's amazing what knowing can do for me! That said though, I totally missed my cravings last month! I wonder if it is because I had no cheats whatsoever? I don't know but I didn't cheat again this month, we'll see if I get a repeat performance!

Tea helps me distract myself from the munchies, too!

Morning!

Today is 4DS legs and core but first i will do 40mins on the Treadmill! I got my dogwalk in yesterday evening. My goal is to get in atleast 4days a week of that...extra cardio;)

Cendrine-my hats off to you for going months without a cheat!!! That is amazing!:) i have to have my cheat meal on saturdays or i would go insane:confused:.

So i took the dog for a walk yesterday evening, i ran into two neighbors and had some small talk and waved at a couple of neighbors as they passed by in there car. When i got home my DH was pointing his finger and laughing at me...apparently i forgot to zip my pants up after my potty break before walking the dog:eek: im SUCH a ding-bat!:rolleyes:

bbl

Hi ladies! Amelia, looks like you are feeling better? Awesome! Good job on your workouts. I don't think I'll ever be rid of cravings. I don't even know what all my triggers are. I know I want to eat tons of sugary stuff when I haven't eaten enough that day, but there are times when I eat plenty and still want to binge. :eek:

Ok, so Tues. night was 1/2 (about 30 min.) of the P90X plyo workout, and last night did shoulders and arms. Plyo is pretty hard...I'm going to have to work up to a whole hour of it. Shoulders and arms was not bad.

Will check in tonight after the next workout is done...if it's YogaX, I know I won't do all of it. I don't think I'll ever work out much more than an hour, and I know I won't do 1.5 hours of yoga! : )

Hi Guys,

I'm so impressed with all the exercise you are getting, Amelia! Nice work! I bet noone even noticed the open zipper! LOL!

I did CCV2 today, it felt just right and i added on the medicine ball abs circuit to that.

Have a good day, all!

Morning!

I peeked at the scale this morning....im down about 3lbs:) I started BFFM on 4/13 so thats about a lb a week! Im happy with that! Although i don't trust the scale at all. I wouldn't be suprised if it was back up on 5/13:rolleyes:.

My workout today is 40mins on the TM,probably using a cardio coach! Then i will do 4DS back and biceps! The combination of cardio and weights everyday is really giving me some good results. I can see the results in the mirror!

Thanks Cendrine, that means alot!!

Workoutoholic-how was your yoga yesterday? I wish i could get into yoga, i hear its fantastic for leaning out the body! Im not sure what triggers my cravings either,well besides the emotinal eating...if im upset about something i want to eat junkfood. But since starting BFFM those aren't as strong anymore!
ok...bbl to report

Last edited:
Congratulations, Amelia! What a nice progress! I, like you, don't trust the scale too much. Do you use body fat calipers as well? And the tapemeasure? I realized that I really need those to give me more accurate feedback. Remember all of last month I only lost 1 lb on the scale but actually dropped 2 % bodyfat. The scale couldn't tell me that and I would have been frustrated, would have thought I hit a plateau worked harder and burned out, most likely.... LOL I can get so intense with numbers.... Anyway, enjoy the 3lb loss and keep in mind that you are probably loosing more fat, it just doesn't show on the scale because you are replacing some of that with muscle that weighs more.

It's awesome that your cravings have decreased some since starting BFFM. THat has been the experience for me as well! Nice side benefit!

I did dikk 18 back and biceps, it felt good, my back felt very strong today and I was able to do some good pull ups and chinups.

Hey Cendrine! I use one of those plastic calipers once a month(well,actually my DH does it for me,lol) im not sure if its very accurate? I usually do my measurements on the 13th but i was so curious about my weight that i just couldn't wait until then,LOL....:eek:

Great job on your Back and Bicep workout...looks like we had the same muscle groups in mind:).

oh man...i had to really mentally push myself through the last challenge of CCV2 this morning:confused: i was so tired, my eyelids felt so heavy all morning. Then i did 4DS Bicep and Back and because i felt so tired and just kinda 'blah' i did some of stretch max! I burned about 400cals in total. Thats good enough for today!

Im taking a rest day tommorrow...my body needs one desperately.:confused:

Have a great friday...its raining here now

Hey Amelia,

the calipers may not be accurate but they will tell you if you have a downward or upward trend. some other measurements might tell you you are a different bod fat% but the absolute number doesn't matter nearly as much as using it for a feedback to see progress. That's why i like it.

I think it's great that you are listening to your body! Enjoy your rest day and don't feel guilty! And 400 calorie workout is very good! I always have to remind myself that I am not in a calorie race, as tempting as that is for me at times, but I remind myself that I am in this for the long run, for life, actually, so what's the rush, I tell myself... Some slower and lower days are much needed and appreciated by my body and help in my overall efforts, because I don't want to burn out, what good would that do me?

Enjoy your day and your awesome results!

I enjoyed my rest day yesterday & Cheat meal. Had pizza!!! Today is back on track with the calorie counting and i will also do Cardio Coach Volume 5 and some abb work. Were suppose to work in the yards today too...if the rain will stay away!

My little boys b-day is today...he will be 4!!! Can't believe he's already 4 yrs old...my goodness its true,they grow up soooooo very fast! He starts pre-k this upcoming school year too.

im debating on having a piece of cake:rolleyes: i don't want to 'cheat' because a piece of cake thats not on a 'planned cheat meal day' is like a cheat to me. I will probably get me a smart one dessert or something. :);)

Workoutoholic-How is your weekend going?

Rhea-How are things with you?

Cendrine-How are you doing today! And thanks for your last post i absolutely agree with you...

alrighty,time for some breakfast!:)

bbl

workout done...well,part of it. I finished CC V 5 and my stomach starting hurting towards the end. Maybe i didn't let my breakfast settle long enough before i started? maybe i really pushed my body during the last challenge of CC? Who knows why but i didn't get in the abb work in. I will do it tommorrow...no big deal.

Have a great day!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.