Buff Badgers Week of Oct 31st

heartymax

Cathlete
Had a relaxing weekend. It was cold and we got some snow flurries on Saturday.

Today was the step and hiit lo premix of Intensity followed by some planks.

I hoping for plenty of trick o treaters so I can pass out all this candy. I don't need any temptations around:D

Morning Ladies,

I didn't get any workouts done this weekend. Way to busy on Saturday getting ready for the Confirmation on Sunday. DD14 did a great job with her stole presentation, and of course saying her bible verse in front of the whole congergation. :D After everyone left I was exhausted and took a nap. :( Oh well, I will do a little bit of catching up during the week.

This morning was Bob Harpers Yoga for the Warrior.

heartymax, We had our Trick-or-Treat on Saturday evening. Still have candy around, and of course it is those nummy peanut butter cups. :eek: Glad you didn't get hit with all that snow! Can't imagine how the trick-or-treat is going to go in those neighborhoods with 2 feet of snow.

Have a great day!

I had a nice weekend. Friday I did the scrambled total body premix of Total Body Trisets. I liked it, and my heart rate stayed at least slightly elevated almost the whole time, so that was a nice little bonus. Saturday I did the Cardio Supersets premix that includes the step bonus. I was whipped! And I keep reading how this is supposedly one of the easier ones! My fear of Afterburn grows... :confused:

No workout yesterday. These LIS workouts are giving me DOMS in places I usually don't get them, like the upper pec (probably from all the plank work), abs (plank work), mid-back (planks...), upper butt (who knows???), and hamstrings. Anyway, I was pretty sore yesterday and decided to give everything a rest.

I'm still a little sore, and even though I'm itching to try Turbo Barre, I want to give it my all when I do, so I'll probably stick with cardio today. Maybe RS :D.

Laurie- I'm glad DD's confirmation went well. Those big family events are so tiring. I'm glad you got a nap in.

Heartymax- Our Trick or Treat is tonight! I'm already craving a candy bar :rolleyes:

Heartymax - I know exactly what you mean about the candy. DH bought some and he's normally a bit stingy so I buy more and then we have way too much left over. This year I didn't do that so we'll see how it goes. We have Trick or Treat tonight.

Laurie - Congrats to DD on her Confirmation. I don't know what a stole presentation is but anything you have to do in front of the whole congregation is hard in my book. I took a nap yesterday, too.

Sam - I did Afterburn this morning. It's definitely the toughest of the new ones I've tried so far but still do-able.

No workout on Saturday or Sunday. On Saturday I had to drive DS to school at 9 a.m. for the 1:00 playoff game and then came home and got ready for the tailgate. 2 of my sisters and 2 brothers showed up to tailgate and watch the game. It was a lot of fun but too bad we lost! :( I don't know what happened. They didn't look like the same team I've been watching all season.

This morning I needed some serious calorie burning so I did Afterburn. It's tough but you can modify the moves to make them a little easier or cut out reps or add more rest time. I did all 3! :D I want to buy a carpet remnant so I can lay that over my puzzle mats instead of ripping them up each time I want to workout. I think that may be easier.

I was off today. The kids are off and I scheduled an appt. for DD so figured I'd take the day off, too. We also had someone over to install a ceiling fan in our bedroom - which I've been wanting for a long, long time - and had our furnace inspected.

Back to work tomorrow. :( At least it'll be a short week.

Edited to add: Sam - I tried Cardio Supersets on Friday but didn't do the step segment. I thought it was easier than the cardio in Slide and Glide.

Last edited:
Hi there! Saturday was yard work from 10am -4pm. Raking, mowing, digging.. I was tired! Yesterday, I was busy running errands, cleaning etc...

Today I was just plain lazy! I have been writing up my workouts for the week every Sunday. I could not make up my mind yesterday for my workouts this week. If I could I'd run every day but I know that isn't good... Hope to sit down tonight and maybe write up a November rotation to get me through Thanksgiving.

Heartymax, I work while the kids are treating at my house so I guess I won't be too tempted. Hoping DS gives it all away !:p

Laurie, I was thinking about your Confirmation while I was at chruch yesterday. I knew you said it was on Reformation Sunday and when the pastor mentioned that I wondered about you! Glad all went so well!:)

Sam, new workouts do tend to hit spots that have never been hit before!

Sue, lucky you having a day off! :) Sorry DS's team lost. But at least they got that far! Glad you are enjoying the new workouts!

Have a good night ladies!
Susan

Susan---all that raking, mowing and digging counts for strength training and cardio. I bet your upper body is sore:D

Sue---I have not previewed any of the other workouts yet. I want to try one of other cardio workouts this week.

Sam---I can't wait to hear your opinion on After Burn. It will be a while before I get to do this one since I am doing STS right now.

Laurie--congrats to your DD.

I didn't buy as much candy this year since the number of kids have been down the last few years. Well----MISTAKE!! We ran out of candy and I had to turn the light off at 7:30. We usually give out until 8 because that is the time period the tweens come out. DH says the boys were giving out to much candy at first and that is why we ran out. But, he did agree that we had more trick o treaters than we have the last two years. It is nice to see the kids out having fun again.

This morning was STS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by planks.

Hello!:D Today was a 4.5 mile run. It was a very nice morning. Tried sitting down to write up a rotation last night... and fell asleep!:eek: Will be thinking about it during the day and writing it up later.

DS did not give out enough candy! We have way too much left. However, the sugar is not calling my name just yet. I am sure DH and kids will get rid of it for me!

Heartymax, how are your planks coming along? Are you noticing a difference?

Have a great day ladies. I was super busy yesterday and hoping things slow down a bit for today..

Stay strong~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

I didn't have the energy last night to get in any additional workouts that i missed this weekend. Must have still been tired from the weekend. :D This morning was S90 Total Body and 10lb Slimdown Recovery Total Body. Love those two workouts together. ;)

Sam, DOMS goooood! :eek: There is time to try out all the new workouts, so glad that you are taking time to enjoy them. Hope that After Burn isn't as bad as professed.

Sue, Sorry to hear that the team lost. :( I have noticed that when my DD has been at the state track meet, they don't seem to even get to previous times that they had before. :(

Susan, Even when I do a rotation, I will change my mind on the workout. :D Have fun creating something to get you to Thanksgiving, and as you think of things just write them down. Can't believe that holiday is only three weeks away. :rolleyes:

heartymax, To bad I couldn't give you my leftover candy. :eek: We didn't have as many kids as previous years, or DH bought to much candy. ;)

Have a great day!

Yesterday started out okay. I did RS without the challenge at the end because I was running late. I was supposed to get DS and the dog ready to go and pick up DH (we only have one car) at 4:30 to go trick or treating in Waukesha. WELL... I got to DH's office fifteen minutes late and still had to wait in the parking lot for 40 minutes for him! I was so mad I couldn't see straight, but I felt bad later because I knew he couldn't help it. Some software testing thing. But there I sat with the crazy dog and toddler, feeling like I was coming down with a cold....:mad: I have NO patience for things like that.

Trick or treating was fun, DS got to see both grandmas and grandpa, and visited about ten houses. He was Thomas the Tank Engine :)

I thought I was going to wake up sick as a dog today, but I don't feel too bad. Just a little headache and sore throat. I may or may not work out. I might do Turbo Barre since it's not so sweaty.

Sue- Okay, I'm going to have to do Cardio Supersets again. I'm starting to feel like a giant wuss. :D I thought the cardio in Slide and Glide was very easy... huh. But thank you for saying Afterburn is doable. Now I'm not quite as scared. I still think it's going to sit in the case until the weekend, though.

Susan- I should write up some kind of rotation also. Lately I've been paralyzed with my choices and end up wasting too much time deciding what workout to do. I used to write down my workouts on Sunday, too.

Laurie- Whew! Two total body workouts on the same day! You're a tough cookie!

Heartymax- DH and are are Halloween scrooges. We don't give out candy :eek: For whatever reason we don't have a lot of trick or treaters in the neighborhood anyway. There are a lot of young families, and I think a lot of them take their kids to grandparents' or relatives' neighborhoods like we do. Anyway, no leftover candy to deal with ;)

Have a good day, everyone!

Susan - I admire your ability to wakeup early and go out in the cold and dark and run! Maybe in a few weeks after I've gotten used to it, it won't seem so bad.

Laurie - I keep thinking back to what you said last week about enjoying it while it lasts because you never know if your team will get that far again. It's sad that it's over but somewhat a relief, too. Now I can go to Madison and see my sisters this weekend. :D

Sam - Ugh! I hate waiting for people because I try so hard to be on time. Even when the person can't help it, it's still frustrating. At least you didn't miss Trick or Treat! It could be I thought Slide and Glide was tougher because I was getting used to the gliders. I think you'll surprise yourself with AfterBurn. I was able to do all of the moves except the crawling pushup (I just did straight pushups on my knees). You can easily modify the moves by not squatting or lunging as deep. It's definitely a workout you can grow with and improve.

Nothing yet today. I had to fast for a Biometric screening at work for health insurance. Had to weigh in and get my body fat %. Ugh! :mad: It was pretty ugly. Made me realize that I need to start working out on a regular schedule again and stop all the snacking and bad eating. I need to figure out a rotation after I've tried the new workouts that's do-able for me. It's too tough on my schedule to do 6 days/week for 1 hour or longer.

I did Tri Sets Upper Body premix tonight. Big thumbs up on this one! You work 3 different body parts back to back (chest/shoulders/triceps and back/biceps/core) and repeat the same exercises. Cathe has some new and effective exercises in this workout. There's a move called the arc that you do for shoulders and an alternating chest press which is more of an alternating straight-armed chest fly. Both feel like they work the muscles very well. I want to try the Lower Body premix tomorrow.

Today was Cardio Super Sets....OMG!! I think that workout is tough. I didn't even think about the bonus step. It has some great moves in it. I couldn't do the arm extensions with the push ups, so I just did regular push ups. I suprised myself with the walking planks and pushups. More of those dreaded mountain climbers but at at much slower pace. I love the last cardio set on the disc when you are in a plank position and spread one leg around at a time and then slide in with your knees. This workout is tough and fun. I like it better than slide and glide even though I love them both.

Sam---I rarely or should I say ALMOST NEVER do the bonus in RS. I am always so tired by then and pressed for time.

Sue----Thanks for the review of Tri-Sets upperbody. Can't wait to give it a try. I love moves. This new series is just the motivation you need to challenge yourself (eating, workout routine). Hang in there. We all have our moments when we have to get re-focused.

Laurie----You definitely have regained your energy with 2 workouts.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was MMA Boxing with weighted gloves. I really like this workout, not many people do, but it really worked my upper body good. Feel like this one is kind of circuit style with the cardio after each punching drill.

Sam, Glad your DS had fun with the trick-o-treating. ;) Good to hear that you are not sick, and hopefully that hasn't changed. :) That car experience doesn't sound like a good time, our dog is a whiner! :rolleyes: Drives me crazy, so if we go for a long car ride I have to give her some downers. ;)

Sue, I always felt the same way about the end of sports. :eek: It got better when the oldest was able to drive herself to most of the other things. Sounds like you are going to have some fun in Mad Town, are you going shopping? Sounds like a good workout.

heartymax, WTG on the workout, sounds like it was a good one. I'm trying really hard to get that extra energy. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! No workout yesterday. I felt SO crummy and tired by the time I got home! I napped during DS's nap and it did me a world of good. Then, DH didn't get home from work until seven... *sigh*, and I still had to do the grocery shopping. I was starting to feel under the weather again by the time he got home, and was quite certain that whatever this bug is, I was going to get it.

But... I appear to be cured this morning! :D I feel great! I intend to do Athletic Training this afternoon.

I picked up a seasonal herbal tea called "Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride". Yum! It's like drinking a mug of spicy butter. If you used sweetener, it would probably taste exactly like a sugar cookie. It really kept me from eating any (more) sweets after dinner.

Heartmax- Oh thank goodness! I was starting to think I was the only one who thought that workout was tough! I did it with the step bonus and almost turned off the DVD many times ;) I did the push-ups with the arm extensions on my knees, but I impressed myself with the amount I was able to do on my toes in other sets, though they were probably more "partial" push ups.

Sue- I like the Tri Sets workout a lot, too. It has moves I've never done before, but still mostly works muscles in isolation, which I prefer to compound moves. I'm glad I don't have to take a test like that for work. I am curious about my body fat %, though.

Laurie- I'm glad you can feel my pain :) Elliot doesn't whine, but he's still so hyper and wanted to jump around and chew EVERYTHING. It was awful. I'm trying to take him as many places as possibl so he gets used to car rides. I really want a boxing workout, and I've been considering that one. I'm always trying to think of ways to make my squishy arms look better.

Have a great day. Wish me luck on Athletic Training!

Heartymax - I can't do the pushups with the arm extensions as the same pace as Cathe and Crew so I go at my own pace and do fewer reps. Didn't even try the walking planks because I would have needed to rip up more puzzle mats. Good for you being able to do them! Thanks for the encouragement. New workouts definitely help with motivation.

Laurie - I don't think I ever got around to trying all the MMA workouts. That's the trouble when I keep buying new workouts. I want to try the new stuff right away and never fully explore what I have. We're going to the Madison Holiday Market. I've never been to it so don't know what to expect other than a lot of vendors. It's very popular though so I figured it was worth checking out and it's an excuse to spend time with my sisters. We always have a great time together.

Sam - Let me know what you think of Athletic Training. I'm going to be too sore tomorrow to do try it myself so may not get to it until the weekend. I'm glad you're feeling better. I had a terrible headache Sunday night and thought I was coming down with something until I figured out I was probably dehydrated, A big glass of water and an aspirin did the trick. I like isolation moves better than compound ones, too.

I did it! Got my butt out of bed this morning to do a workout! :) Did Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body premix this morning. A lot of basic moves with a twist (e.g. step ups come down and lunge, 1 legged squats to reach down and grab dixie cups) I didn't have dixie cups so I used 2 terry cloth wrist bands. They're shorter than dixie cups so I had to reach down a little further but I don't think it was that much tougher. Could not do the 1 legged roll ins on the ball so did regular 2 legged ones instead. Also had trouble with the balance move where you stand on 1 leg and lower and pickup dumbells. Put my foot down a few times but it's a move I can continue to work on until my balance gets better. It's been awhile since I've done a Cathe leg workout so I'm sure I'll be plenty sore tomorrow. Workout kept my heart rate elevated so got a decent calorie burn, too. I like the shorter length (about 40 min.)

Hi gang! I stayed up late last night and could not get out of bed this morning.... Kids have already called me telling me they will need help with homework tonight,so I am not sure what (if anything) I'll squeeze in.

Heartymax, sounds like those new workouts a going to be a doozy. Can't wait to hear about the results you and Sue will get from them!

Laurie, I have the MMA Kick-Boxing one, I do like it. The ab work at the end does me in though! I should pull that one out. Yesterday I worte up my fave workouts from P90X, S90, Cathe, and Jillian and now I am thinking how I want to set up a rotation!

Sue, funny, you get up early and now I sleep in!:) Good job!

Sam, hope you are still feeling better. My DsS is complaining of a sore throat, headache, etc.. Hope I don't get it!

Have a good night all! Susan

I just had to pop in quickly to say I did Athletic Training and it was awesome! It starts off with a bang and completely spikes your heart rate, keeps it there for a bit, and then eases off a bit while you do sculpting. It moved so fast I had to pause it just to grab the right equipment in spots.

So fun! The time just flew by!

Morning Ladies,

All three sections of Stretchmax where todays selection. I don't think that I have ever done the whole thing at once. ;) Need to get new bands though. :rolleyes:

Sam, That tea sounds really good. Will have to check that one out. I have a gingerbread one that I like also. Good idea taking the dog in the car. I had mine this morning, and all the way to doggy daycare she was doing her talk/whine. :rolleyes: Still love her. :D Glad you had fun with Athletic Training.

Sue, I still have some workouts that are still in the wrappers. :eek: Need to get to those soon. Sounds like a fun time, hope the weather cooperates. Is this outdoors? Congrats to you on getting your workout in.

Susan, Sounds like what I'm doing right now. I like the weight workouts from S90, so that is what I'm using. Then I'm incorporating the cardio workouts from other instructors that I enjoy. So far this has been good, it has kept my interest. Have fun creating a rotation.

Have a great day!

Fast check-in.

I have parent teacher conferences from noon to 8 p.m. tonight. I doubt I'll get any workout in other than pouring myself a glass of wine... :confused:

Hello, well I swear my body is taking it's own personal rest week, cause I over slept by almost 2 hours today!:eek: I feel much better but I hate rushing in the morning!

Sam, glad you liked the workout! If I had an entire day of conferences, I'd enjoy a glass too!

Laurie, stretching sounds devine to me!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.