Buff Badgers Week of Nov. 7th

heartymax

Cathlete
Today was Double Duty-----I did STS Back and Biceps followed by 30 minutes of Cardio Express from Slide and Glide. Awesome combination. Kind of reminds me of when I would add the Hiit 30/30 onto a workout. Hmmm...I haven't done Hiit 30/30 in a while.

What's your workout of choice today??

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Body with Jessica Smith.

heartymax, I have not done a Hiit workout in a while either, sounds like something that should be added into my routine also. ;)

Had a nice weekend, glad that it was so nice outside.

Have a great day!

Good morning!

Friday was Low Impact Challenge.
Saturday was Turbo Barre (um... ow.)
Sunday was all the step from Step, Jump and Pump and Step Blast except the blast at the end of Step Blast.

Today I plan to do the upper body split from Total Body Trisets. I may add on some cardio if I feel like it.

Heartymax- I haven't done any hiit yet. Does Afterburn count as hiit? Of course, I haven't had the guts to do that yet, either. ;)

Laurie- Love that workout! The ab section is really tough.

I had an okay weekend. DH's grandma was put into hospice, so we took DS with us to visit her on Saturday. It's sad, of course, but she's 98 and hasn't exactly been enjoying life for the last few months. I hope things aren't too drawn out and painful for her :(

Friday I gave my principal the word that I am not coming back next year. I surprised myself by crying like an idiot :rolleyes: I will miss teaching, but I've been wanting to stay at home since before DS was born, so I'm looking forward to it.

On a much more pleasant and less serious note, I went shopping on Saturday evening to spend a Loft giftcard (I love that store!), and was very pleased with the size "s" shirts that fit perfectly, and even a pair of size 6 "skinny" jeans that fit well and actually looked good! I didn't buy them, because I can get them much cheaper elsewhere, but it felt good :)

Have a great Monday!

Heartymax - Great workout! Hiit 30/30 as an add-on? You rock!

Laurie - I took advantage of the nice weather and went for a 2 mile walk last night. I bundled up but didn't need to.

Sam - If you go heavy with upper body from Total Body Trisets, you may not feel like cardio afterwards. It's a great upper body workout but it leaves me feeling spent! Definitely could not do any punching so kickboxing would be out for me. I'll be trying Barre one of these days. Are you still sore from it today or was the DOMS not too bad? Sorry to hear about DH's grandma. 98 is a good, long life. I'm sure the principal didn't think you were an idiot. It's a big decision and a big change for you. High 5 on the skinny jeans! That has to feel good.

Did Yoga Max Friday night. Sorry to say I was disappointed in this one. If I'm going to do yoga, I want something with more variety that gets me sweating. Maybe not as hard as Yoga X but Bob Harper and Chris Freytag both have challenging yoga workouts that I liked more. In contrast, I did Yoga Relax Express #1 this morning because I wanted a nice stretch. As a stretching workout it was fine although I wish some hips and thigh stretching was included. Maybe it is in the parts I skipped by doing the premix. I hope so. Yesterday I did Trisets Upper Body. Was going to do Athletic Training but decided I liked the way my arms felt after doing Trisets Upper last week.

Hi! Looks like I´ve found some time this week to check in!! Although I have been keeping up somewhat here and there with you all! This weekend was an interval run and leaves :D. Today I did slide and glide for the first time. Nice workout, another one (like athletic training) that is a great addition for my running. That athletic training had me sweating like I never have!

Sam, How old is DS? I commend you in your decision...that must have been hard. Didn´t you say that DH has started his own business? Lots of changes for you.

Laurie, Did you get outside this weekend? Oh, did you feel the earthquake? "They" said that the OK one was felt up into southern WI.

Heartymax, That double duty sounds good! It makes me want to do Cathe´s new STS/LIS rotation, but I really don´t have more that an hour during the week to work out:(

Sue, I may try the trisets tomorrow. Have you tried all of the workouts?

I did do the cycle workout and I like it. We don´t have a spin bike, but honestly, I get a find workout from the old stationary bike we have.

Have a good week...PT conferences tomorrow and Wed.

Hi there. Well, last week was basically a rest week for me but I was ready to go this morning!:eek: I ran 5 miles.

Sam, congrats on being able to stay home with DS. It's a big decision to make. I stayed home with my kids and don't regret it for a second! Way to go on the smaller size! You're shrinking away!

Lala, my "leaves" workout will hopefully be this weekend. I was busy at a B-ball tourney Sat and running errands Sunday. I have another B-ball tourney this Sat but since the Pack is not playing until Monday I should be able to get out there next Sunday..

Hi Sue!~
Hi Laurie!~

Have a great night ladies! Rest well~
Susan

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I added on S90 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps after work. Was good adding on the weight work at that time of day. I forgot to mention that yesterday morning I had also included Barry's Bootcamp Belly Blaster Workout. This morning was P90X CardioX. I have had this workout for years, and this is the first time that I have done this workout. :eek:

Sam, Wonderful that those clothes where fitting so good. I don't know if I would ever be in a 'S'. My shoulders are so wide. ;) I always wanted to stay home with my dd's, so it is wonderful that you are able to do that.

Sue, Thanks for the info on the yoga. I did Bob's yoga workout recently, and I fell in love with it again. I'm probably not going to get Cathe's yoga, I'm not to thrilled with the stretching workouts that I have. Guess Tony, Bob and all my other yoga will be what I'm going to stick with.

Lala, Glad that you are able to pop in periodically. I didn't work outside at all, just running around in the car. My MIL fell at Southridge Mall on Sat., so DH and I had to go to the hospital and pick her up. She hit her head, so had to have a scan done. But I got to enjoy being outside without a jacket on. ;)

Susan, WTG on the run. All of our leaves are gone! Looks like the trees that still have leaves falling are maple. We don't have any of those. :D

Have a wonderful day!

No workout yesterday. I am S I C K! The cold I've been fighting off for a week finally got me and settled into my throat and head at about noon yesterday. Yuck!

DH's grandma passed away in her sleep yesterday morning. I didn't find out until I left work yesterday. I'm so happy she was able to go peacefully, the way we all hope to leave this world. The funeral is Friday in Onalaska, where she'll be buried next to her beloved Marty :)

Laurie- I'm developing some shoulder "issues" myself. Cathe has made them so broad! I always tell my husband that I have to be careful about wearing square-cut things that accent my shoulders so I don't look like Clay Matthews ;) Anyway, some of my shirts are tight there when I take them out of the wash, but after about 20 minutes they loosen up enough.

Susan- Glad you felt ready to go after your rest week. I think getting back into it after a rest week is the hardest part. I always feel great after that first workout, though.

Lala- DS is 2 1/2. Yup, DH is starting his own business, but will still be keeping his current job until it really gets off the ground, could be a year or two. Big changes for us, but they seem to be good ones so far.

Sue- Thanks for the high five :D No, I'm sure my principal didn't think I was an diot. He's such a total sweetheart. I do think he felt a little "cornered" at first by my meltdown, though. That's a side of me he hasn't seen :p I haven't done Yoga Max yet, but from previewing it, it seems not very "max". I probably won't reach for it much. I did like Yoga relax, though.

Thanks for the well-wishes on my new "career" as a stay-at-home-mom. It will be weird this time next year to not be going back to school. Depending on circumstances, I may have to have some sort of part-time job in the evenings, but staying home during the day will be a blessing, despite any sacrifices we'll have to make to do it.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Lala - You'll find this amusing I'm sure: We were at our church on Sunday for a combination craft fair/bake sale after mass and ate lunch there, too. DS is standing next to me as we're getting ready to leave and waves at this woman I don't recognize. Just as I'm wondering why it is my 14 year old son is waving at a much older woman, she comes over and introduces herself as DS' Spanish teacher! I guess I forget that teachers go to church, too. I had never met her before since DH took DS around to meet his teachers for Open House and I took DD. And he's getting an A in Spanish II so didn't speak to her during Parent/Teacher conferences as I like to focus on the classes where my kids are struggling or slipping. No, I haven't tried all the new Cathe workouts yet. Still have to try Athletic Training and Low Impact Training.

Susan - Sounds like the rest week did you good. I have a leaves workout scheduled for this weekend, too.

Laurie - Definitely save your money and skip the Yoga workouts. I hate it when I end up with workouts I'll probably never use again - especially when they're part of a set. So your MIL is okay?

Sam - I'm so sorry about DH's grandma. You're right about going in her sleep being a blessing. That's how my mom passed last year. No suffering, no long hospital stays, no pain.

Did a 3 mile jog/walk last night. I love being outside in the dark before the weather gets too cold. This morning I did the first 40 minutes of Turbo Barre. My body is not used to this kind of workout so I had to keep resting to give the muscles a break. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. Eating is still going well even though I am surrounded by baked goods. We had a United Way Bake Sale at work and several people bought items to share so they're sitting around taunting me! LOL I did have a treat yesterday but didn't go overboard.

Hello ladies! This morning was PlyoX. I have missed this workout! I was a bit scared that I would not be able to handle it, but it was actually fun! Felt very strong.

In case I don't get to log in tomorrow.. I'll be doing Cathe's Bootcamp.

Laurie, I usually don't do CardioX either but have done it a few times. What did you think?

Sam, sorry to hear about your loss. My grandpa went the same way and yes, it is a blessing. I too have broader shoulders and finding clothes that fit decent can be a pain.

Sue, I love running this time of year. No too warm , not too cool.. Just right!:)

Have a nice evening - sleep well.

Susan

Morning Ladies,

After work yesterday I did 4DS Legs & Abs. This morning was the cardio 4DS Kickboxing, and I did that with weighted gloves.

Sam, Take care of yourself, hope that you get better fast. ;) Sorry to hear about your DH's Grandmother, glad that her passing was peaceful. LOL on the Clay Matthews shoulders. When I was doing P90X, I started having issues with shirts not fitting and I didn't like that feeling at all.

Sue, We had donuts in the office yesterday, so I know what you are talking about. I was able to resist, even with multiple people telling me to eat one. :rolleyes: Why do they do that? :mad: Yes my MIL is fine, she has a bruise on her face, skinned knee and elbow though. Thanks for the advice on the Cathe yoga DVD's. ;)

Susan, I had a visit with PlyoX recently, and it is fun to do those workouts after you have been away from them for a while. ;) I actually like CardioX, the yoga was a little weird with my shoes on though. :D I like the combo of Kenpo/Plyo/Core the most. ;)

Have a great day!

No workout again yesterday. :mad: I'm still feeling crummy. I'm not coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, etc... but my head is full of you know what, and I feel so lightheaded that working out just doesn't seem like a good idea. If I do anything today, it'll be yoga.

I think I'll just be chalking this up as a rest week. That's okay, except I always crave junk when I'm sick. Strange. I should crave the opposite.

Sue- I had the same experience with Turbo Barre. I was actually pretty frustrated in some spots. I didn't get quite as sore as I thought I would, but the pain DURING the workout was adequate :)

Susan- I fear PlyoX. I don't even own P90X! Jumping.. just... ugh. I hope I can come back as strong as you after my reluctant rest week.

Laurie- Interesting how you split up that workout. Do you usually split your cardio and weights? I've been thinking of trying to work out in the mornings again, but my usual 60 minute sessions would have me getting up at 4 a.m., which I'm just not doing, but if I did just weights in the morning that might work better. My cardio sessions are always longer.

Have a good day, everyone!

Susan - I need to pull out Plyo X. I remember it being tough without the dread factor. I think that window of cool running weather is about to close if we get snow today! :eek: I hear it's snowing in Platteville.

Laurie - We call those people "Food Pushers" in our office. I can't blame them too much though. I usually push the food onto myself. :mad:

Sam - DS was home sick yesterday so something is going around. I crave salt when I'm sick. I think most people do because we need the fluids and the salt helps us retain fluid. Try having a bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup instead of the junk food. Ooh, that sounds good. Wish I had some for lunch.

Did Slide and Glide cardio only premix. I REALLY wanted to sleep in this morning but we're busy tonight and I needed to workout. I'm doing better on the sliders but was really feeling it in the quads. These moves look so easy but they take all my breath away.

Hi! Today was Amy Bento´s kickbox. and yesterday I did slide and glide. That one killed my legs :eek:

So a question for Cathe´s intelligent crowd: so many of the new workouts include weights, so if I want to do say an UB workout the next day is that OK or do the weights in the LIS consitute weight work?

Sam, hope you are feeling better and condolences for your DHs gramma. Sorry to hear that.

Sue, yea, I can relate to your not knowing the Spanish teacher! We are doing conferences this week and it is snowing here today so I may not have a lot of parents stopping by...

Laurie, Glad your MIL is OK. Those falls can be devastating. We´ve experienced that this past summer with my FIL.

Susan, hope you can get to your leaves this weekend. Me too! I hope to finally finish. I think today´s storm shook the last ones off!

Hi Heartymax

Hi there! Woke up and did Cathe's Bootcamp! That sure was fun!:D I am supposed to run tomorrow morning, however with the snow/sleet/ice we got today I think I might be on the elliptical instead!:mad:

Laurie, I still think of getting 4DS. It's the one set if workouts I wish I had. Well, Christmas is coming! Is the cardio in these about 30mn or so?

Sam sorry you are still not feeling well. :( I don't know what it is but I love to jump! Takes me back to me cheer-leading days I guess!:eek:

Sue, yes, this is not good running weather rightnow! Not even good driving weather!

Hi Lala!
Hi Heartymax!

Have a good night~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

After work yesterday I did S90 Back & Biceps, that sure is a good workout. This morning was Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, another good one. I was having some dread factor before starting, but sure am glad that I just did it.

Today is my Friday, so I'm really excited about having a day off tomorrow.

Sam, Hope you start feeling better as the days go by.;) That is the time I get up in the morning, so can understand you not wanting to do that. :D This after work split thing that I have started is really tough to get modivated to do, but so far so good. I find that the weight work is easier at this time of day than in the morning. I'm lifting heavier, probably because I have something in my stomach. I'm trying to get most of the morning cardio to be under 45 min. so that I can add in a short ab workout if I want to.

Sue, I like that phrase "food pushers". ;) WTG getting up and doing the workout, that is how I felt this morning. It was so tempting to stay in the nice warm bed. :eek: Pull out PlyoX, it really was fun the day I did it.

Lala, I tried Amy's kickboxing once, she was just to complicated for me. :eek: How heavy are you going with the weights in those workouts. I feel that if you are going light on the weights, it is fine to do two days in a row. ;) The scarry part about those falls with DH's parents, is the phone call from the police. I thought at first it was because of one of the kids. :(

Susan, All of the cardio in 4DS are around 30-35 min. The weight work, and premixes make that set well worth the money you spend for it. I actually like it better than CTX, but don't use the step workouts. I am going to try out a step workout to see how my knee does. I'm going to try out a Low Max premix next week. From what I have heard the step workouts are hard to follow, until you have done them a few times. ;) I would say that 4DS would be a good Christmas gift.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi everyone. I tried to post this morning but I couldn't pull up the website for some reason.

Sam--- Hope you feel better and get to enjoy some of this holiday weekend.

Laurie--I purchased CTX cause I felt like just had to have it. I have yet to do any of the step routines. I have done Upper Body Split and the kick box one.

Sue---Oh I really wanted Bootcamp but decided to get the new workouts. Glad you are having fun with slide and glide. My quads hurt too.

Susan---weather is scheduled to be colder here tomorrow. I know you are enjoying your runs so I know you are dreading the winter approaching.

Lala---great questions as I don't know the answer to that either. But I did do one of new workouts last week after a day of STS. I just made sure that I went light. I tried to tell myself that it was like my old days of doing the FIRM when light weights with cardio was normal.

Have a great weekend ladies!

I'm feeling much, much better today. I was planning on resting this week because of the cold, but my eating goes straight to heck when I don't work out. So...when I got home from work today I did 4DS HIS and the Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps split from Tri Sets. I feel soooo much better after working out. I really like Tri Sets a lot. It adds a ton of variety to my weights workouts.

Susan- Hmmm... maybe that's why I was never a cheerleader :p By the way, I would also recommend 4DS. It's one of my best workout purchases. I adore the step, but I'll agree with Laurie that it's complex. It took me a quite few tries to master. The kickbox routine is awesome.

Laurie- Good on you getting up that early! I would have to get up that early just to drink coffee for a half hour and psych myself up. I was thinking of giving it another try this coming week. I feel like I should be using DS's naptime for something other than working out.

Lala- I agree with Heartymax. I don't think of the weight work in the cardio workouts as true resistance training. If I was planning on doing heavy weights the next day, I would just make sure to go light. I don't think the goal is to fatigue the muscles so much as to raise your heart rate.

Sue- Great minds think alike :D I made a big batch of veggie-noodle soup last night for dinner. It really hit the spot.

Heartymax- Stay warm this weekend. Glad you could check in. :)

I won't be checking in tomorrow as I'll be traveling most of the day. This is going to be one of those "nice" funerals where everyone eats and laughs and tells stories, so it won't be a bad day at all.

Have a great weekend. If you know a veteran, give him/her a hug!

Hi there! Today is Core Synergistics from P90X. Saturday I plan to do Tabata and Sunday will be the ellitpical. I am supposed to be raking but right now my Dh says they are too wet and it's supposed to rain more on Sunday. I have a B-ball tourney saturday so that day is shot.

Sam, hope you are feeling better. 4DS is the one set I wish I would have purchased when it first came out.

Hope all of you enjoy your weekend. Lookslike winter is arriving arly here. Only in the 30's by the end of next week!:eek:

Stay well~ Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.