Buff Badgers Week of Jan.23

heartymax

Cathlete
I don't want to begin to talk about how disgusted I am with both football games! I feel so sorry for all the big time Raven fans. I truly could care less who wins the Super Bowl and probably will pay per view a movie that night.

I got my energy back--WOO HOO! Saturday was Drill Max for a great circuit workout. I usually just do the cardio premix from this one but decided to do it as is which has been years since I have done it as a circuit. Sunday is usually my day off but since I was behind in my workouts I did STS Legs and Butts and Gutts Stability ball abs. This morning was Disc 10 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I have decided that I am not going to skip a week of Meso 1 since I am on week 4 now. I will likely be finishing up week 3 of Meso 3 (I think) at Spring Break. I have no plans to skip recovery week either since I need that rest to repair my muscles for Meso 2---MUSCLE DEFINITION which is my favorite.

Morning Ladies,

Got in 10lb SDX Cardio Kickboxing and Recovery Upper Body on Saturday. Sunday was 10lb SDX Cardio Kickboxing and Weider X-Factor ST Week 4. This morning was 10lb SDX Core and Total Body. The kickboxing was done with weighted gloves also. I have the breakdown for the 4th week of Weider.

Warm-Up
Spiderman Touch Down 30 sec. (This move was in PlyoX can't remember what Tony called it.)
Windshield Wippers 45 sec.
Plank 4 count survivor R/L 45 sec. each side
Knee Slappers 30 sec. (tuck jumps)
Crunches 45 sec.
Toothpick Holder R/L 45 sec. each side
Break
Roll-Up Jump 30 sec. (Dreya Roll :p)
Knees to Chest 45 sec.
Single Leg Squat R/L 45 sec. each side
Burpees 30 sec.
Oblique Twists 45 sec.
Quick Feet 90 sec.
Break
Repeat
Cool Down

heartymax, I'm not watching the Super Bowl either, can't stand either of the quarterbacks! :p I'm sure I can find something else to occupy my time. :D Glad you got your energy back! Good workouts.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I had a good weekend, with the exception of those football games. Bleh. I don't even care about the Superbowl, but I'm sure DH will want to watch it anyway.

Saturday was Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step (from Kineticflix) and just the upper body heavy weights from Cardio and Weights.

Sunday was Cardio Supersets

This morning I did Totally Cool Step again, just cuz it's so dang fun! It's the most complex choreography I've ever done, but I really didn't have a problem with it because Christi's cueing and teaching style is fantastic. I think I'll hang on to that dvd for another week or so. It's not super intense but it gets my heartrate up nicely, like a really fast walk or light jog. Plus, time flies when you're so focused on all that choreo!

Heartymax- I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I had the same thing going last week and didn't work out for three days in row... :confused:

ETA: Hi, Laurie! We were simul-posting again :)

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Last edited:
Heartymax - I didn't watch either football game yesterday. After taking my daughter for a haircut, grocery shopping and laundry, I felt like watching a bad Syfy movie instead. 2012 was on and I actually like that movie - mainly because Woody Harrelson is hilarious! I'm glad your energy is back. And in a big way - wow, Drill Max! The cardio in that one is super fun but it wipes me out!

Laurie - Some interesting names for exercises in that Weider workout. I'd be modifying at least 2 of those Weider exercises on the list but it looks like a fun workout. Of course reading about a workout and doing it are 2 different things! ;)

Sam - Are you limited to how long you keep a dvd or is it like Netflix in that you can keep it as long as you like but are limited to how many you have at one time? Christi's choreography scares me. I have Mission Possible and enjoy that one but I bought Step Heaven a long time ago (it's on VHS) and never got much past the warmup. Maybe someday. . .

I didn't workout on Friday like I said I would. I was too beat from all the running around and shoveling I did which includes driving on some very slippery roads. DH and I had an appt. Friday night and I let him drive cuz I had enough for one day. I'm still trying to get the eating on track. I do well all day until about 3:30 p.m. when I start to get hungry, a slight headache and sleepy. I eat mini meals during the day so I shouldn't be so hungry but I am. And then my headache or fatigued feeling doesn't go away until I eat another snack and a big bowl of cereal and milk. By then I'm over my calorie limit for the day so I feel like "What the heck - I've already blown it. Might as well start tomorrow." And then the next day it's the same thing. :( DH's work hours have now changed as of this week so he will be getting home an hour earlier. He should be able to help with picking up kids and making dinner now.

Here's how my weekend went:
Saturday - GS CT Timesaver 32 min. + abs from PS Legs + snow shoveling
Sunday - 4DS LIS cardio
Monday - GS BSB Timesaver 36 min.

Is it just me or does anyone else get a kick out of the fact that SNM is calling it a Chicago road trip when it's in Wisconsin! :p

Hello ladies! I am back... Over the weekend we headed down to Beloit to have a celebration of Life for Patrick. It was wonderful to see so many old friends from our childhood there. It was definetly a blast from the past. Amazing how most of us all look the same!:eek: It truly helped my parents having so many close friends around them.

Saturday was no workout since I was gone all day.
Sunday was the elliptical for 45mn.
Today was S90 Legs.

I did not pay too much attention to football yesterday and I will not watch the Super Bowl. Maybe I'll take the kids to a movie that day instead! I do not like either team... My SIL is a huge Patriot fan...yuck!

Talk to you tomorrow ladies! Susan

Susan----I am glad your family had so many close friends and loved ones to come share the celebration of Life for Patrick. That must have been comforting for your family. Your legs got a good work out with the elliptical followed by S90 Legs....OOUCH!

Sue--hang in there! Take it one day at a time and your eating will definitely get better. Do you need to take an extra healthy snack to work to eat at the end of the day or on the ride home. You must be planning a lot to organize all the mini-meals but maybe just add an extra snack that is low-calorie. I know how it is to crave sugar and then you eat something and it is so hard to stop. I love junk food so I can definitely relate.

Sam---complex choreography is something I will pass on! Glad you are enjoying it.

Laurie---what are windshield wipers??

This morning was Intensity in its entirety--well---maybe I did some extra rests during HiIt Hi. :D

Morning Ladies,

Today was Weider X-Factor ST Week 4 and 10lb SDX Yoga/Stretch.

Sam, I think that I have a Christi Taylor DVD that I know I'm never going to use. You can probably take that one off my hands. ;) I don't remember what it is, but I will take a look at it if you are interested?

Sue, The Weider workouts have continually been getting more intense, nothing like Insanity. This system has given me options for subs in some of those Insanity workouts though, and the knowledge that you don't have to go at the crazy pace in Insanity to get a good workout. ;) What, you like the toothpick holder? :eek: That one is just standing on one leg, touching the opposite hand on the floor and raising the opposite leg. Quite challenging to keep your balance on that one. ;) Crazy name though. :D Are you getting enough carbs? I know that if I don't have enough carbs through the day that I get really super bad cravings for carbs after work.

Susan, So glad that the celebration of your brothers life was so wonderful. Sounds like most of us are going to be absent during the superbowl. ;)

heartymax, Totally understand the rest during the Hiit work in Intensity. Even the low impact in that one is tough. Windshield wipers ~ lay on your back with your hands either at your side or under your butt. Feet in the air, then you go from left to right with your legs. Hope that helps.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! Today is a rest day for me because of my schedule. Too bad, I'm kind of in the mood for a good workout ;)

Laurie- Let me know which on you've got. I still prefer Cathe's style of step, but it's fun to mix it up, for sure. I'd like to have a Christi in my collection. :)

Sue- Yes, it's just like Netflix; you can keep everything as long as you wish. Their shipping isn't as fast as Netflix, but it's pretty good. I've been struggling with afternoon eating lately, also. Evening eating used to be my big enemy, but now that I'm all alone with my refrigerator in the afternoons, and I don't have a workout to do, it seems like all I want to do is eat. I try to keep things around that I can eat a ton of without feeling guilty, like raw veggies. They aren't very appealing when all I want is chips, but I force myself to eat a bunch and usually I can fend off whatever craving I have. Sometimes I'll also plan to have a very small "lunch" like a Luna bar or something, and then have a substantial, filling mini-meal when I get home, like eggs or Greek yogurt. I have to remember my own advice though, because yesterday I ate my way through my kitchen, just nibbling on this and that... it adds up :eek:

Heartmax- I've got Intensity on my Kineticflix queue; I can't wait to try it!

Susan- I'm so glad the memorial for Patrick was a positive experience. Family is so important at a time like this, and yours sounds like a wonderful one. I think a movie sounds like a good idea during the Superbowl... an idea I may steal :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited:
Hello ladies! Did not want to get out of bed today. It was the first night since the accident where I slept really well. It felt good. I also didn't feel like getting up and doing cardio. I think when I get home I am going to do a good pilates workout.

Sam, I am going to check that Kineticflix. Sounds like a good idea,

Had to take DD to High School last night to get next years schedule set up. I talked her into taking "Personal Fitness". They will teach pilates, yoga, kickboxing, step aerobics, cardio & weights. I am so excited for her (and me)! I told her I'll teach her all I know!:)

Better get back to work! Have a good night ladies!

Susan

Laurie---my abs hurt just reading your description of the windshield wipers...OMG!

Sam--Hope you enjoyed your rest day---even though you really didn't want it. Look on the bright side----you have even more energy today for a good kick butt workout:D

Susan--sounds like a fun class for your DD. She is being inspired by YOU! Fitness for life.

Hi Sue!

Today was STS back and triceps. My legs are still fried from Disc 9 on Sunday. That workout is one no one forgets! Today is my annual mammogram so I am off work!

HI there. This morning was S90 Chest/Back plus some additional ab work. Last night I did do Pilates and it felt so good!:)

Heartymax, enjoy your day off. Reminds me I need to call and schedule my mammogram! That must be one tough workout to still be sore so far after. Think I'll pass!:p

Sam, I went to that kineticflix website and I like what they have. Think I may sign up. It's neat you can try them and when you get bored send them back and try something new!:D

Have a great day ladies!~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

Today was 10lb SDX Cardio Kickboxing and Weider XFST Wk4.

Sam, Kineticflix looks like a good way to try something out before you buy. ;) Will have to look at it more when I have some time. I forgot to look at the Christi workout this morning, but I'm pretty sure that it is her Fantastic Four workout. It has two step and two hi/lo workouts on it. I will have to remember to look at it whan I get home tonight. ;)

Sue, Glad to hear that you are doing better. ;) It will take a while I'm sure. WTG on getting the Pilates done, bet it really felt great. Sounds like a fun class that your dd will be taking.

heartymax, I think my abs are still hurting from them, oh wait I just did them again this morning. :D Enjoy your day off, even though you have to go through a mamo. I have to schedule one also. :( Just don't enjoy the process. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning. Well, I got my ambien refilled, took one, and was all set for a good night's sleep and Bootcamp this morning. Neither happened :( Once I finally fell asleep I slept well, but it took me forever, and when the alarm went off at 4:00, I set it ahead for 5:30. When I go to my doctor again I need to talk more about my sleeping. Ambien was a godsend at first, but doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. My mom has restless legs syndrome, and I think I'm dealing with a bit of that myself, though not as chronic as hers.

Well, DH has officially given me the go-ahead to sign up for the "Chicago" Road Trip :eek: I'll be poised at my computer at noon to register. Thank goodness I don't have recess duty today! I don't know how fast these things usually sell out, but I'm (cautiously) optimistic.

Laurie- I know which one you're talking about, and I'd be happy to take it off your hands :D Let me know.

Susan- I'm enjoying it so far. They do have a problem with certain things being "highly requested". For instance, I have KCM's TLC on my queue but it hasn't been available yet. But I can watch for it to become available and put it at the top of my queue. That's my only complaint so far.

Heartymax- Good luck with your mammo today. I haven't had one yet. I can't say I'm looking forward to them, either. :p

Sue- All that talk about afternoon eating yesterday, and what did I do? I ate, ate, ate... and then thought "My day's ruined, might as well get McDonald's." Argh!!! :rolleyes:

Have a great day, everyone!

Heartymax - Hmmmmm. . .. Disc 9. I'll have to remember that one the next time I do STS.

Susan - You seem to be doing well, my friend. Remember the happy times with your brother and all the goodness he brought to the world. I wish I could get my DD to workout. She'll kick the bag or workout in her room sometimes - I found out because she had my weight vest and some of my dumbells in her room. I told her I don't mind as long as she puts my stuff back so I can find it. She doesn't need to lose weight but she does get winded easily so she needs to work on her cardio.

Laurie - We did the same workout :D (10 lb SDX Cardio Kickboxing). I did it last night and had a blast.

Sam - Did you get in on the Roadtrip? You'll have a blast! DH has trouble sleeping, too, and when he doesn't get a good night's sleep, neither do I. :( Uh oh, I hope my afternoon eating habits aren't rubbing off on you! Now you a have a Roadtrip to get ready for so that'll help (although you'll find people of all sizes there so don't worry).

I had a business lunch yesterday so didn't get a chance to checkin. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato w/o mayo and a side of steamed vegetables instead of fries. The only thing is they added butter or oil to the veggies and the chicken but otherwise it was pretty healthy. Normally I would have ordered the burger and fries. Eating has been going better with DH getting home sooner. We eat dinner earlier so it's easier to keep the snacking under control. And by eating earlier I have time to workout at night. And when I'm working out I'm not eating which is a good thing. To be honest, I need to drink more water and eat more salad and fruit. I get lazy and take the easy way out when packing my lunch.

On Monday night I did 30 min. of Bob Harper Cardio Rev Conditioning. Holy cow! :eek: My buns, hams and inner thighs are still sore from all those swings. I should do that workout more often. Makes me sweat like crazy. Last night I did 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing + Recovery Core. The Recovery Core is a good workout. I didn't do the last exercise though when you're in a plank and you hop to one side, the middle and the other side. I was too wiped by that point. Today will either be a rest day or GS Chest/Triceps tonight. This is my last week of GS and then on to something else (don't know what yet). I'm having so much fun doing all these workouts I haven't done in a long time.

I just had to pop in to say I'm headed to Lake Geneva in April! I'm so excited and nervous. I'm also happy to say I'm not having a problem with afternoon eating today :p Gotta look my best in a couple months!

MKEMom said:
I just had to pop in to say I'm headed to Lake Geneva in April! I'm so excited and nervous. I'm also happy to say I'm not having a problem with afternoon eating today :p Gotta look my best in a couple months!

Yay, Sam! I'm so excited for you! You'll have a blast and we expect a full report when you get back. ;-)

I just finished GS Chest and Triceps Superset.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10lb SDX Cardio Kickboxing and Recovery Core.

Sam, Congrats on getting to go on the road trip! :D I was debating going, it is only about 30 min. from my house. ;) Well I guess that you can have that DVD, and I have a few more that you might want to consider of Cathe's. I'm giving up more of them. When I get a chance I will send you a PM on which ones that I have available. ;) Dang on the sleeping, can't imagine what that is like I sleep pretty good usually.

Sue, Guess we had the same workouts on our schedule. I agee with you on that core workout, it makes me sweat everytime I do it. What set of weight workouts haven't you done in a while, that is what I would shoot for. How about Slow & Heavy, since you just did GS?

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I got up and did Athletic Training this morning. I wanted to do Bootcamp, but I didn't have energy for all that jumping. I have to say it again, though. I LOVE Athletic Training! Definitely my favorite from LIS. Strange, because there's not even a moment of choreography ;)

Sue- Thanks for sharing in my excitement! Nobody in my real life "gets it". I think DH has a vague idea, since he bought the trip for me, but I've tried explaining to my mom, and she thinks I'm nuts.

I'm now inspired to try to get rid of at least 5 pounds by the Road Trip. I'm going to have to be vigilant with eating, though, because I'm already doing a pretty good job with the workout aspect of things, and my weight's been stuck in the same 3-pound range for a couple months. I think working in more standing, walking around, and cleaning/tidying when I'm at home, too. I tend to get sucked into Pinterest in the afternoons and end up wasting a lot of time just sitting on my tuckus :confused:

Hello everyone else! Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi Laurie. We did it again and posted at the same time ;) I look forward to hearing what I can take off your hands :D Have a great day!

Laurie - I like the idea of doing Slow and Heavy. It's been a long time since I did that one. May only do 2 weeks instead of 3 though because those workouts are pretty tough mentally and physically. Now I just have to figure out what cardio to do. May have to keep 10 Pound SD Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing in the rotation since it's so fun.

Sam - Don't forget to set aside money for cute exercise clothes and pjs (or yoga clothes). ;) I wish I only had 5 pounds to lose. . .

Well, I was going to get up this morning and do cardio but my ears, nose and throat are starting to get that "tickle" so I slept in and took some Emergen-C instead. I'll see how I feel tonight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.