Buff Badgers Jan. 21-Jan. 25

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning BB's,

Hope you all had a great weekend. Today I am going to do some total body workout. Don't know which one yet.

Sue, did you get P90X ordered? I tried to see the infomercial, but I never did catch it

Laurie, enjoy whatever P90X workout you have today.

Hey Karen we posted at the same time. I will repost and will use yours.

Morning BB's,

Today will be StretchX for me. This is good because I have to do grocery shopping tonight and after a tough workout I sometimes just want to be lazy. :D

My DH had a great first meeting with the Renn group. And as I am his ladies captin, I had several people already approach me about concerns. :) I have come to find out that the previous captain was not preceived as being approachable. My DH says it is because I treat everyone with respect and listen to them. Almost made me cry! :+

Have a great Monday!

Laurie

Laurie, its' nice your DH thinks so much of you. That's always neat to hear from someone you care about. I am sure you both will do a great job. Have fun shopping.

Laurie - Congrats to you and your DH for a successful meeting. Based on what I know about you from the forums and the few times we've met, I say your DH is right.:)

Karen - Hope you have fun with whatever workout you end up doing!

As far as my weekend went, I only had a little time before DS's game on Saturday so I did Mission Possible Hi/Lo segment with the intention of doing more later in the day but it just didn't work out that way. DS's team has a long way to go. They lost 24-4. Has anyone seen the movie (can't remember the name) where the coach puts icy-hot on the kids' armpits so they have no choice but to keep their arms up at all times. That's what these kids need;-)

Yesterday I did Drill Max. It's been awhile since I've done that one. I'm sure I don't do the core pushups or bombdiver pushups right but I sweat buckets during this workout so it's all good. This morning was MIC! What a killer. Was hoping for an easier workout tomorrow but Bootcamp is on the agenda. Is Cathe trying to kill me?

Have a good Monday everyone.

Sue

Edited to add:
Karen - Yes! I did order P90X over the weekend so I'm hoping to have it sometime next week.

Morning BB's,

Today will be YogaX for me.

Sue, I hope you like the workouts in P90X. For the first time I varied my rotation. I got on my treadmill and ran for 3.25 miles. :D But just doing that one little change was just what I needed. And yest Cathe is trying to kill you. You are doing the January rotation right?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning All,

Yesterday I ended up doing the Hardcore premix of Imax 3, Low Max and kick max blast challenge. Today I am doing Muscle Max.

Sue, after you telling me what you have been doing on the Jan. rotation, I am thinking of doing that one. It sounds like fun.

Laurie, glad you had a fun run. It's been a while.

Have a great day.

Hi!

This morning I did Boot Camp and apparently I survived.:) Actually, it wasn't that bad.

Laurie - Yes, I'm doing the January rotation. It wasn't that tough until this past week. I'm getting a little tired of the Pyramids and Gym Styles though. Monday is my last day so the end is near. Not sure what to do to bridge the gap with P90X - probably some endurance workouts and circuits. I may add in cardio as well to my P90X rotation depending on how I feel. I'll continue my daily 1 mile walk so maybe that's enough. It's been a lot tougher lately trudging through the snow on the unshoveled sidewalks. }(

Karen - I'm actually surprised the January rotation isn't tougher. It forced me to do MIC though which is good - I very seldom do that one on my own. Those hardcore workouts are tough - good job!

All for now,
Sue

Morning BB's,

Today is Core Syn. This one was a tough one for me the first time, will see how I do today. :D

Have a pile of work to do this morning, so I need to get busy. ;-)
Maybe I can get back later.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today is some Yoga and whatever else I feel like. Can you tell I am having a hard time deciding what to do? I have so many good workouts, I can't decide what to do.

Laurie, what does core syn. have in it that makes it difficult. I have never done that one.

Sue, I looked at the Jan. rotation. You are right it doesn't look that hard except the series of workouts you did in the last few days. To bad you can't sub some workouts your tired of with some different ones. I am really good at that. I guess thats why P90X wasn't for me. I can't follow a rotation.

Have a great day.

Laurie - Good luck with Core Synergistics today. From Tony's infomercial it sounds like these are workouts you can grow with so you should expect them to be tough - especially your first time.

Karen - Sometimes I like to follow a rotation and sometimes I like to do my own thing. I've found that when I don't have a rotation written down somewhere, I'll stand in front of my dvd player in the morning and waste a good 15 minutes trying to decide what to do. Knowing what's on tap for the following day helps psych me up, too. I tell myself I don't have a choice - gotta do it, no excuses - and just do it.

Did GS Chest/Triceps this morning. This one was very tough today. Made it through all the pushups and chestwork but my triceps were failing early. Arms are feeling shaky now so I think I did some good.

DH clobbered our garage door this morning as he was backing out. I'm not exactly sure how it went but he hit the garage door opener as he was backing out and it lowered down and hit the back end of his car. The car is okay but the bottom panel of the garage door is all banged up and separated from the metal track. Hope they can fix it without having to buy a new door.

Also was called at home this morning, 5 minutes before I normally leave while I'm scrambling around trying to get ready on something I couldn't do anything about. It's a production problem so now I have that headache to deal with today.

On top of that, I have crummy numbers in the Super Bowl pool - 5 & 5.

Okay, that's 3 things. My bad luck can stop now.

Sorry for venting. I need chocolate.

Sue

Sue, sorry you are having a bad day. That's to bad about the garage door. My DH works for a window and door company and he says they should be able to replace the panel. That's good news. You are right the Super Bowl pool numbers are crummy. I had my chocolate today. I still have some left. I am willing to share it. Hope the rest of your day went better.

Thanks for the chocolate, Karen. :)

So far nothing else bad has happened but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for talking to your DH about our door. I'll pass the word onto my DH which ought to make him feel better. (He's feeling very embarassed for doing something so stupid - his words not mine.)

Sue

Hi BBs!
I am still alive. Just busy and working out but not many Cathes. Trying to spend more time working out instead of on the internet which includes the treadmill at lunch some days.

Sue - my super bowl numbers are 6 & 4 (I think). Not as bad as other years but not great.

Laurie - do you like P90X?

DH signed up for the Disney marathon and a half in Jan 2008. The half is on Saturday and the full is on Sunday. They call it the Goofy for a good reason. Now trying to decide where to stay. Very confusing.

Does Jill ever pop in?

Morning BB's,

Today will be KenpoX for me. I also have to go get my hair trimmed and hide the grey. :D

Karen, Core Syn has quite a few moves that are challenging. One is the Banana Roll, you have to keep your feet and upper body off the floor as you roll from your back to your right side to your stomach to your left side and then to your back again. Then you repeat with out taking a break. I don't remember how long you have to do this, but it seems like forever. This one really engages your core muscles throughout the whole workout.

Sue, Sorry to hear about your garage door. We replaced our whole door just recently. Our garage faces the North side of our house and every panel was bent inward from the wind. We replaced it with a heavier door. Hope your luck has changed for today. :D

Marie, Good to hear from you again. Disney was lots of fun when we went, I so want to head down there again. This time the girls want to do a cruise. Nope haven't heard from Jill lately either. I'm really glad I purchased P90X. I'm at the end of Ph2 and looking forward to Ph3.

Well today I don't have as much paper work, so I guess I'm making up with my long windedness. :7 I have a team shindig today, we are going curling. This will be a first for me. :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today I am doing KBX and abs.

Nice to see you again Marie. Aren't you going to run in the Disney marathon too? I read about that in a magazine not to long ago. It is goofy. I'd never make it.

Hi to Laurie and Sue.

Have a good day.

Marie - Nice to hear from you. Did you ever buy Fluidity? I broke down and bought P90X but it hasn't been delivered yet. We went to WDW 3 years ago and stayed at Pop Century which was almost brand new at the time. Even though it's in the budget category of resorts, I was impressed with everything from ease of checkin to friendliness of staff to cleanliness. I don't think you can wrong with any of the Disney resorts - it just depends how many amenities you want and how close it is to things you want to see. I see you have a lot of advice on your thread in the Open Discussion so good luck with your decision! Jill hasn't posted in quite awhile. Hope she's okay.

Laurie - Phase 3 already?! You'll probably be done by the time I'm ready to start. That banana roll sounds tough. I think I'm going to clean my puzzle mats before I attempt that one though - they're pretty disgusting. Curling sounds fun. Do you skate? Do you even wear skates when you curl? Shows you how much I know about the sport! LOL You sure do fun team-building activities. All our department ever does is get together to eat - go our for lunch, order subs in, make a mid-afternoon custard run, etc. Your activities sound much better for my waist-line.

Karen - Hi, Karen! Have fun with KBX and abs.

This morning was Coremax #3 and Stretchmax #3. Shorter workout so I slept in a bit. I needed it after getting paged 5 minutes after crawling into bed. I have to keep telling myself "I love my job, I love my job" until I'm convinced. Today is going better. The garage door damage was only $76. They were able to bang the bottom panel into place so it didn't need to be replaced. You can't even tell by looking at it that it was damaged.

Sue

Hi Gang!
I might need to send Jill an email to find out how she is. I will post if I get a response - unless that makes her stop by and say Hi.

Laurie - I will be anxious to hear about your curling experience. Glad you are enjoying P90X. I would imagine you would really like it. Not many don't.

Sue - I didn't get Fluidity yet. We still have the treadmill in the room so need to move it to the basement at some point if that guy never comes to get it. Once that is out of the room, I will have a better idea of how I can arrange things to make room for Fluidity. Although if I win the SB pool, that might be a sign for me to buy it NOW! The WDW thing is very confusing. Another couple might go so part of me is hoping they do and have a preference on where to stay so the decision is out of my hands. I would love to stay at the Polynesian.

Hi Karen.

Morning BB's,

Today will be an easy day for me I have X Stretch.

I had a so-so experience with curling. You don't wear skates, but apparently if you are really into curling you have special shoes that must be insulated on the bottom. I had tennis shoes on my feet, needless to say after a 1/2 hour of standing on the ice my feet where freezing. We where there for 2 hours, so it took a while for the tootsies to thaw. If you enjoy sweeping the floor it is fun. :D I mostly liked being at the other end trying to figure out where the stone needed to be placed. You can join the club for a one year fee of $200, and this allows you full access to the club and all the beer you can drink. The beer thing seemed to be very important to them. :9 Before we went to the club we had lunch at Saz's. Yes our group really likes to have something to do at least once every quarter. This was something that almost everyone enjoyed and from what I understand it didn't cost the company all that much.

Saturday will be Core Syn and Sunday is YogX. Don't have anything on our schedule for the weekend, may be going to north Chicago area to pick up some material for DD9's dress for faire.

How is everyone else spending there weekend?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today I am doing B&G leg blast and LIC upper body sculpt. Sat. will be cardio max premix from CF and Sunday is my rest day.

Tonight my DH and I are going out for dinner with 3 other couples. It's the first time we have gone out with other couples ever. They are people he bikes with. I should fit in well. Tomorrow is basketball practice for DS 9 and DS 11. We have a potluck after church on Sun and a business meeting. Other than that not much else.

Laurie, lots of people here like curling too. I am glad your feet thawed out. I am going to have to try core syn. it sounds interesting. Since trying Yoga X, I like yoga now. It's hard but I love the feel of the stretch.

Sue, glad your garage door could be fixed at a resonable cost. DH says people run into their doors all the time. I guess its a common thing for any age or gender.

Hi Marie, Glad you are getting in your workouts but not as happy you are not checking in here as much. Did you e-mail Jill?

Have a nice weekend.

Happy Friday,
I did email Jill and she is doing fine. Work is busy so needing to limit on-line time. She is still working out though.

Laurie - sounds like DH's running group. Beer is important to them too.

We have the running group annual banquet this weekend - DH is getting 2 awards this year.

Karen - Your couples dinner sounds like it should be a good time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.