Buff Badgers Aug. 4-8

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,:)

Hope you all had a great weekend. Today I plan on doing 4DS upper body and abs.

We went to the beach with some friends on Sat. Had fun and got a tad burned. Sun. we lost power for a while during the storm but it cleared up nicely by early evening.

DH team came in third. He is quite tired today. My DS and I went on a bike ride on Sat. morning. I gave him my extra MP3 player and he used a CC. He was beat. The road is through a new subdivision that no houses are on yet so no traffic.

Have a great day.:cool:

Morning BB's,

I have not worked out yet today, just so tired my body didn't want to get out of bed. But when I get home P90X Upper Body Plus and Abs/Core Plus will be the workouts.

DD15 came home on Saturday night, and she had a great tan. She had a wonderful time helping in the Botanical Garden. Apparently she now knows how to pour concrete. :D She met kids from NY, NJ and MD while on this trip, and has been texting them is seems like non-stop. I did warn her to put it away, and she did listen.

I stayed home on Friday, because DD11 wasn't feeling very good. She did have to spend a little time at first aide at the faire this weekend. I really don't know what was wrong with her, but on Sunday she was just fine. I have this feeling that she was a little stressed without her sister around for the past week.

Karen, Congrats to your DS on the win! Did your DS enjoy the CC workout, even though he was worn out afterwards? :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi!

Ah, it' s Monday again! My weekend went well. Saturday I finished the back to school shopping and took the kids to the movies. Sunday I allowed my DD to have a friend sleep over. Bad move. They did not/would not fall asleep until 1:45AM! I was a tad cranky! Then this big storm blew through at 3AM and I couldn't sleep while that was going on. My alarm went off at 6.:mad: I did not have the energy to walk Ruby right away so we will do that after lunch. We also have my DS end of the season picnic for baseball today. I want to jump on the elliptical at some point, if I can muster up the energy! My body is telling my to take a nap! :p

Karen, hope your sunburn doesn't hurt too badly!

Laurie, hope your DD continues to feel better and am glad your other DD made it home safe and sound!

Hi Sue! Hope your DH is doing well!

Hi Lala! How was your weekend?

Talk soon! Susan

Hi! Today i was walking again! I downloaded an itread with Grace and one with Natalie Coughlin. I used the Grace one today and really like it.

Laurie, what is the faire? Glad to hear that DD15 had a good time. It is so cool what people learn on those trips. Hope DD11 is feeling better

Susan, haven´t taken my dog for his morning walk yet, either! I didn´t even know it stormed last night. My DH couldn´t believe that I slept through it.

Karen, what beach did you guys go to?

Sue, any workout plans for today?

Hi again,

Laurie, glad DD is home safely and DD11 is feeling better. I'll bet everyone is glad to have DD15 back.

Susan, sorry you didn't get any sleep last night. Take it easy. Enjoy your picnic. Glad you got all your back to school shopping done. I still have to do that.

lala, glad you like itread. I have the outdoor running one. That was what got me into running. Since then, I have fallen in love with the Cardio Coaches. We went to the Shell Lake Beach. We are thinking about having DD16 birthday party there.

Sue, hope DH is doing well. Are you still taking some days off to help DH?

Have a good day.:)

Hello everyone! Good news as far as DH’s elbows go. We saw the Orthopedic surgeon this morning, had more x-rays taken to get a different angle and the doc says the left elbow can heal on its own which means NO CAST!!! Both splints were removed this morning and that alone made him happy! :) Finally! He could scratch his arms! :D The left elbow still has pain but nowhere near where it was last Sunday night after the bicycle accident. The right elbow has a slight displacement along with the fracture so it’s a tossup whether or not to have surgery to insert a screw and realign or leave it alone also to heal on its own. The doctor explained that with the elbow they are concerned about the patient losing range of motion so do NOT want to cast it and keep it immobile like they do with other joints. I think DH is leaning toward having the surgery and avoiding potential problems down the road. The doc said he’s seen too many cases where they didn’t do the surgery and the patient comes back 6 months later with problems. So if DH decides to have the 1 ½ hour surgery it’d probably be this week with 3-4 days in a splint again and that’s it – no cast. He’s supposed to do some exercises the doc showed him and not lift anything more than a couple of pounds. I’m home today because after the appt. we went to his workplace to talk to his boss and HR. Tomorrow I should be able to work a full day. We’re doing the happy dance at our house today! :) :) :) :) :)

Yesterday I did Power Circuit cardio, abs and GS-Legs Timesaver. Going to do a cardio today before taking DS to his first football practice. They’re doing 2 hours of conditioning every day this week so he’ll be beat by the end of the week. Practice is rain or shine and right now it’s looking like rain I’m afraid.

Lala – Dojo is short for American Dojo, the place our family takes Tae Kwan Do lessons. We started last August. DH and I are green belts. DS and DD are purple belts.

Susan – I’d be cranky, too! Hopefully you’ll get caught up on sleep soon.
Have a good time at your picnic.

Laurie – Sounds like your DD15 had a great time on her trip. What a terrific experience for her!

Ciao.

Checking back in to report my cardio workout: 4DS Double Cardio premix. Nearly blew me away - I was huffin' and puffin' for sure.

DS just got back from football conditioning. He was sweaty and STARVING! He'll sleep well tonight. ;) The first hour was a tryout before the kids were divided into 2 teams. DS is on former Packer, Mark Chmura's, team. Despite his tarnished reputation, he is supposed to be a great couch. His son Dyson is QB on the team and an awesome athlete according to DS and his friend. Looking forward to a great season.

Good night all!

Off for more walking ;). Sue, hard to believe it´s football time already! It sounds like DS will be getting worked out! And great news for DH. I remember a PT friend of mine telling us that the elbow is the hardest area to rehab, so going for the surgery now is probably a good idea.

I´ll be preordering the STS on the the 17th ;). Saved my $ for this, so now it´s time to jump in. Are any of you ordering this?

Morning BB's,

Today was a 5m Tempo Run, and was I drenched with sweat when I was done. Really humid this morning, can't wait for that to change later today!

Tomorrow we are heading to the State Faire, and of course some non-clean eating. :eek: For some reason those fried cheese curds are so tasty.

Susan, Congrats on getting the back to school shopping done. Still need to do that myself. There was a 15% off bag in the paper this weekend for Office Max or Depot? Thought maybe I could fit lots of supplies in that bag!

Lala, Myself and my family are part of the Queen's court at the Bristol Ren Faire. We do this all summer long, and have no weekends to speak of. :eek: Thus the picture that I have on my Avatar. That is what I look like on the weekends. I have ordered STS, and I'm guessing that they will be sending them out shortly.

Sue, Great news for your DH, and he is probably better off getting that surgery done. So did your DS sleep really well last night? :)

Karen, Yep everyone was very glad DD15 was home again. She had to babysit my brothers girls yesterday. I left for work and she was snoozing on the couch with two little girls drapped over her. Of course they where watching the TV at the time. They all looked like they could use more sleep. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Lala - Yep, I pre-ordered STS. Been rethinking it lately just because I always seem so crunched for time and there are no premixes but I figure even if using it now would be difficult with my current schedule, that may change and then I'll regret no purchasing it now and saving the dough.

Laurie - Deep fried cheese curds - yummo! I spoke to DS over the phone but didn't see him this morning so I don't know how he slept. We'll see as the week goes on how he feels. ;)

This morning I did GS-Chest/Triceps Supersets premix.

Back at work today and was told right away that my co-worker who was diagnosed with cancer 9 1/2 weeks ago was in a coma. About an hour later we got the phone call - he passed away. He was only 44 years old and leaves 3 daughters behind (17, 14 and 12). We worked together for 20 years. Our dept. is only 14 people so we knew each other very well. It's a sad day today. :(

Hello

Hi ladies!

Sue, well first off I am happy to hear about DH's condition. I think I would opt for the surgery as well. Secondly, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. It must so hard on your department. Just remember now he is without pain or suffering. I will have his family in my prayers.

Laurie, ya know I just don't like cheese curds in any form!:confused: My DH and the kids love them but I don't. They beg me to buy them and I will, about once a year! When we go our to eat the DH likes to order the deep fried ones.

Lala, I am waiting until my DH builds me my exercise room before I order anymore workouts of any kind. I have a huge list of ones I want to get but I am waiting patiently! He hopes to have it done maybe in the fall.

Hi Karen!

My day was sure better than yesterday! Amazing what a good nights rest can do for you! LOL!:p Anyway, I did PLB, elliptical for 30mn (4 miles)and then about 15mn of AB work. I have MIC on the schedule for tomorrow and I am dreading it! The picnic was fun yesterday. My DS is very proud of his little trophy.

Have a good night. See you tomorrow! Susan

Susan - Hi! I should be getting ready for bed but just saw your post so had to reply. (I'll probably regret that decision in the morning.) Anyway, thanks for your kind words. I'm glad the suffering is over.

My only advice for MIC (as if you need my advice - Ha!) is to "just do it". Don't think about it - just pop it in the player and go. ;)

Have a good night.

P.S. Glad to hear you got a good night's sleep. I bet it'll be awhile before you let DD have another sleepover, right?

Last edited:
Hello!

Yes, Sue, I did tell her it would be while before she had another one!

My knee started aching very badly last night. I took ibuprofen but it didn't help. This morning it was still aching. So I did not try MIC. I walked Ruby and then did 40mn of pilates. I am going to do another pilates workout in just a bit. My hams are really sore as well so I am hoping to stretch something out! I put MIC on the schedule for Sunday which is supposed to be my "off" day instead.

I hope all of you are having a great day!

Susan

Susan - Sorry to hear about your knee hurting. Do you know what triggered it? Thank goodness for your Pilates, right? ;) Well I hope that knee is feeling better for you soon.

Hi, Karen & Laurie!

This morning I went outside for a 3 mile walk/jog.

DS broke his glasses last night at football practice. We bought contacts for him so this wouldn't happen but he "forgot" to wear them yesterday (or didn't want to bother - who knows) so they broke when he took his football helmet off.

Have a good night!

P.S. Forgot to tell you guys DH is having his elbow surgery tomorrow night. The ortho surgeon has a very busy schedule and wants him to have the surgery right away so scheduled it at night. DH will be staying overnight in the hospital since it's so late. Normally it's considered day surgery.

Last edited:
Morning BB's,

This mornings workout was 4DS Biceps & Triceps, didn't have much time to work out this morning because I had to go to the dentist. I now have a new crown on my cracked tooth. :) Just glad that I have insurance, because that tooth sure cost a lot! I'm just not getting into the last part of the P90X+ workout rotation, so I'm changing it up and doing the 4DS weights. Might insert some of the cardio into it too.

We had a great time at the fair yesterday. I now know where I can get some bison around the Milwaukee area. They sell it at Sendik's, which they just opened a new one that is on my way home. Otherwise there was nothing around my area. Had some really good goat cheddar cheese too. My DH even liked it, and he usually doesn't like the aftertaste that goat cheese has.

Sue, Sorry to hear about your co-worker, and my thoughts and prayers go to his family and you too. Didn't he go to college with you too? Glad your DH is getting that surgery over with. Dang on your DS breaking his glasses. Another one of those items that is expensive to replace. Is he having a great time at practice? They have been having a great August for football practice. Usually it is so dang hot. :(

Susan, Dang on the knee hurting, so sorry to hear about that! Hope that MIC goes well for you today. I still can't do that workout all the way through. ;)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Yes, good memory - my co-worker did go to Whitewater with me. We weren't friends back then - just knew each other's names and had a couple of classes together. Thanks for the kind words. DH is thinking he'll be well enough from surgery to go to State Fair on Sunday. He just can't miss those slicer/dicer demos in the Expo Center! :D DH is the biggest sucker around when it comes to those gadgets being sold at State Fair and he'd be the first to admit it. DS loves football practice! He said the football coach doesn't want the boys drinking soda. For every soda they drink they're supposed to do 5 pushups. He wants them drinking chocolate milk instead (to bulk up I imagine).

Susan - How's the knee feel today?

Karen - How are things with you?

This morning I did GS-BSB timesaver premix. Was lucky to do that much (tired).

Tonight is DH's surgery. I plan on bringing a book since it'll be a lot of sitting around and waiting. Taking off tomorrow again. Good thing I have so many vacation days.

Hi BB!
Sue, My condolences also on the death of your coworker. Very sad.
Let us know how the surgery goes for DH

Susan, please post pics of your exercise room whent it's finished!
HOw's the knee? Sometimes I put a compression band just below my knee when it acts up and it really helps.

Laurie, the Bristol Ren Faire sounds like so much fun! BTW, did you realize that if you go to cath.com and click on cathenation, scroll down to the column on the left "workouts being done today" your beautiful avatar is there along with your workout :eek:

Hi Karen!

Hello!

Almost forgot to post today! :p Today was mow the lawn/yard work day plus I walked Ruby for 45mn this morning. It was such a nice, cool morning! Friday is Leaner Legs and the elliptical.

Knee was better today. Maybe the pilates helped. Lala, I never thought to put one of those bands on. I do have a knee brace and should wear it more often than I do!

Sue, sending good vibes out to your DH during his surgery tonight!

Laurie, I have 2 crowns on and your right, they are expensive! It's amazing how one little thing can cost so much! My DD had a CT scan done on her head a couple weeks ago. Anyway, it only took like 10-15 minutes and it cost: $1,500! I told DD this and explained that thank God for good insurance we only have to pay a small amount of that. She was shocked that it was so costly.

See you all tomorrow!

Good Morning!

Hi Sue! They said the scan came back negative. Nothing was found. I still believe it is allergy related. I explained to her that I get headaches due to my allergies as well. I started giving her the allergy meds 2 times a day instead of just once and it seems to be helping!

:rolleyes: Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.