Buff Badgers April 28-May 2

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Hope you all had a great weekend. It sure was cold, windy and snowy up this way. I plan on CC on the spin bike today. Yesterday I did 4DS total body and Sat I ended up doing both of Kelly Coffey's stepbox workouts.

DH rode 14 hours and the race was called due to them not being able to re-route the bikers anymore from the mudslides and water covered roads. He was happy he made it that long in the windy gusts.

Enjoy your day.

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was 3m Run and I want to get in a long yoga workout later tonight. DH is working late, so he wouldn't be coming home in the middle. He has been working till 1am every night since Friday. I had to wake him up this morning to make sure he had our DD11 on the bus. :D

Saturday I did 4DS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. Sunday was 4DS Back & Biceps plus 4DS KB Core. That is all I really had time for all weekend. Just glad I got that done. I was cleaning the house on Saturday, and on Sunday was church (which I almost missed setting up comminion for x( ). we also had a b'day party on Sunday that turned out to be fun for the DD's.

Karen, Can't imagine what your DH was having to pedal through with all the wind we had this weekend. We ended up having downpours on Friday, so I ended up doing my run on the treadmill. I made it a little more fun by doing a run that was printed in Oxygen mag. Kind of reminded me of the CC's. Which I love to do, and should do them more often. :D :D We haven't gotten the snow yet, but they say we should be getting a mix today. Hope NOT!!! :D :D

Susan, As I was on my TM this morning I saw you guys where getting the nasty weather already. x(

Sue, Hope your weekend was a good one, and you where able to enjoy some of the less gusty times. I took Cami for a walk on Saturday, and felt at times that I was walking in place. :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - Mudslides and water-covered roads sound like a good reason to call a race off. Kudos to him for riding 14 hours in those conditions. You got some real butt-kicking workouts in over the weekend. I have to try KCM's more recent step kickbox one again. The first time I tried it didn't click with me and I didn't have the patience to learn it.

Laurie - That was a wild storm Friday night so I can see why you opted for the treadmill. DD wanted to attend her band teacher's performance at Carroll College Friday night but with the torrential downpours, lightning and tornado warnings, we decided to skip it. It would have been a nice weekend if it wasn't for the wind. Your DH sure is working hard! He works 2nd shift, right? Enjoy your nice long yoga. Maybe I'll have time to do that week after next when I'm in Chicago for a week of training (again!).

My ankle is back to 100%. It just needed a couple days of RICE. Graduation went well. DH and I were awarded our green belts. Kids now have purple belts. We have to start attending Dojo classes on Monday/Thursday at an earlier time to stay with others at our belt level. It's scary moving up because the kicks and Hapkido get harder.

On Sunday I treated DD to her first ever manicure and pedicure as part of her birthday present. She loved it! We both got them together. I had a gift card from Christmas that paid for almost all of it which was nice. DD surprised me by getting dark purple nail polish on her toes and hands. I thought for sure she'd want clear polish. Maybe she wanted the purple to match her new belt color. I got light pink (Royal Flush Blush).

Saturday afternoon I practiced HIS for about an hour. I did this one a few times when it first came out but struggled with the choreo. It finally clicked for me on Saturday after I kept rewinding over and over. Sunday was PS-CST. This morning was 4DS Kickbox + Imax2 Blasts 1-3. Dojo tonight. No more flying somersaults for awhile though! I learned my lesson.

Sue

Hi everyone!

Glad you all seemed to have nice weekends. Mine was good too. Saturday was a bit too windy and cold for my bike ride! I couldn't believe how windy it was. I did do MIS though. Sunday I did the elliptical for 1 hour (7.5 miles). Today I did all of MIC. I felt like bouncing around I guess!

Sue, that was nice of you to take your DD! My DD11 wants me to buy her black nail polish. I say no. She says all her friends wear it! Am I being silly? Congrats on the green belt! You are just moving right along!

We had snow here today. No one was happy about that! My DS was just fuming! x(

See you tomorrow! Susan

Hi BB's,

Todays workout is HSC and run.(maybe)I ate so much yesterday I probably need it.

Laurie, did you end up getting the snow? How many CC do you have? How long will your DH have to work these hours?

Sue congrats on the green belt. Is purple higher than green? I love HIS now that I learned it. Put together with LIS its a fun workout. Glad DD enjoyed the mani & pedi.

Susan, That's a lot of miles on the elliptical and MIC without keeling over, way to go. Sorry about the snow.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was XStretch. Just because my body really really needed the stretch. I plan on my 3m run and 4DS Lower Body Weights later tonight.

Karen, Nope we didn't get the snow. :D It was actually a sunny day, which the weather people didn't predict. I have CC's 1-6 and the revised. DH will be working the long hours until Friday. Then on Sunday he heads down to Florida to deliver a truck to a company that they bought a new truck from. I asked him this morning when I would be seeing him again. He told me Mother's Day! :7 :7 Dang but he looked really tired this morning. x( So you might do a run today? If you do take care.

Sue, Glad you ankle is 100% better. What a great idea to do that with your DD. I never think of things like that, and I know my DD's would love it. Congrats on getting your green belt. Yep my DH works 2nd shift. But he is in line for a new job, and that would mean he would be working 1st shift. It all depends on the pay he would get. But it sure would be nice to have him home, he has been a 2nd shifter since our oldest was a baby.

Susan, I think you are right on the black nail polish. I always nix the purchase of that color too. I do have a bottle, but I only let them wear it at Halloween. :D WTG on all your workouts this weekend, and MIC yesterday. I have a dread factor on that workout. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Susan - Wow! You did some great workouts over the weekend. Finishing MIC always feels like completing a marathon (or what I imagine completing a marathon) would feel like. :7 I'm with you on the black nail polish. I don't even like DD buying too many black clothes. I steer her toward colors that look good on her instead.

Karen - Yes, purple is higher than green. It goes white, yellow, orange, green, purple, blue, brown, red, probationary black, black and then degrees (or dans) of black belt (1st degree, 2nd degree, etc.) I like the idea of combining HIS & LIS. Will have to try that soon.

Laurie - I'll keep my fingers crossed that your DH gets that 1st shift job or at least more sleep. ;-)

We did agility training last night at Dojo so it's a REALLY good thing my ankle's healed. :) We did lots of jumping over things and at the end did a jumping side kick onto the bag. I just kept telling myself "Whatever you do, DON'T roll your ankle!" :7

This morning was PS-SLA. Had to take DD to the Ortho. It was supposed to be a long appt. where she gets her bottom braces but they're still waiting for a tooth to grow in so they didn't do it today. With the price of gas being so high and with a 22 mile commute, I decided to take a full day off instead of half day. I plan to get caught up on housework this afternoon and get an oil change. Fun stuff, eh? ;-) Might even cook a decent dinner for a change. :7

Have a good day.

Sue

Hi there!

Well, I hope to do IMAX 2 today. However, DH called and told me the guy wants to come over and finish plastering in the new bathroom. He doesn't know when or how long he'll be here!x( I just hate it when my plans get interrupted! DD11 came home sick from school today as well. Bad tummy, light headed and slight fever...Today is not working out in my favor! I will hold out hope I can squeeze in my workout though!

Sue, hope you got your housework done!

Have a great night- Susan

Good Morning,

My plan today is CC press play. I have no motivation for anything.

I am trying to be supportive of all DH does but when he got back from his trip I asked him how many miles he went and he got mad because it's not about miles, everything goes by time. I thought o.k. I won't ask mileage anymore. He went for a bike ride last night and the kids ask him how many miles did you go and he told them. He always says noone else his age can do what he does. He comes home and brags about how well he did on the stress test. My DS asked if I could curl 25lb. I said I'll see. I did it once and the second time I moved a little and DH said that's not how to lift weights. He doesn't lift anything. Then he says well I can do that. So he starts half way up and does 2 and I said you leaned back too. I said it's alright to move a little and he said it's not. My DS says I can't belive you are arguing over weights. Why did he have to come up me. He is a guy, just because I lift and he can beat me he is the greatest of all. Just don't even want to talk anymore. Sorry so long, just needed somewhere to vent.

Laurie, hope you got all your workouts in.

Sue, I bet your house is spotless.

Susan, it is hard when someone will be at your house and you don't know when or how long they will be staying.

Enjoy your day.

Karen, I so understand where you are coming from! My DH does the same thing. All I can do is ignore hime. I told him to try one of Cathe's workouts just once and then we'll talk. He has yet to try one. I think it's just a "guy thing"!

The guy didn't come by until I started cooking dinner and then he stayed til anout 8pm. I wish he would've called to let me know when he'd be there so I could've worked around it. Oh well, today will be IMAX2 without fail!

Hi Laurie!

Hi Sue!

Make today a great one- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was 3m run(interval run from Oxy June08) and 4DS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.

I have to get to the grocery store at some point tonight! :D I just dread going, I just feel sick when I see the cost at the end of my shopping! x(

Karen, I will have to say that I'm glad my DH is a lazy guy then. He never has to one up me on my workouts. ;-) Sorry to hear that you have to go through that. One would think that time and miles go hand in hand. At least they do for me. :D Shows me that I have improved in my running ability. You can vent away anytime you want to us, no problem. I'm just about ready to with the amount of time DH has been away from home for the last month. Vegas, Auction and now his drive down to Florida! x(

Sue, ^^^^^5 on having that ankle much better! So did you get to cook a decent dinner for the family yesterday? I'm hoping to do that tonight too. Did you enjoy your half day off?

Susan, Dang on not getting that Imax workout in when you wanted too. How is your DD feeling today? Have fun with Imax2, that one is a goodie too. Are you doing a Cathe rotation? Which one are you doing? Sorry if you had mentioned it before, my brain can only keeps bits of information in it. :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - Sounds like your DH needs an ego stroke. Either that or he was just having a crabby day. ;-) My dad who was a very wise man told me once that the husband needs to feel respected and appreciated. Can't remember his exact words but that's the gist of it. I criticized DH's driving once because he was going too slow and man, oh, man did he go off on me! You've met my DH. He is very easy-going so you know he had to be pi$$ed off at me to get that kind of reaction. Makes me think maybe there was something to what my dad was saying after all even though at the time I thought it was a generational thing.

Laurie - I stopped at the grocery store yesterday for a few things and it added up to $54! Yikes! I look for bargains, too so it's not like I'm spending willy nilly. The next few weeks will be rough for you with DH being gone so much and working late. Hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Susan - Hope you get Imax2 in today. I hate it when people are inconsiderate like that of your time.

This morning was Stretch Max. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get cardio in tonight. If not, I'll call it a rest day.

My day off yesterday started out productive but I lost steam and motivation at about 2 p.m. I should have taken a nap but instead I sat down with a romance novel and relaxed. It was nice being able to read without all sorts of noise in the background. :) Didn't get my oil changed but I did do 3 loads of laundry, made a good dinner and did some clutter busting.

Have a good day.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today I attempted to do Amy Bento's In the Ring this morning. I only got through the warm-up and 1st combo. After that I took the DVD out of the player and inserted 4DS KB. :D It's all good, I just think I will have a big learing curve with Amy's style. She throws so many NEW things at you, guess I'm a slow learner. :7 :7

Sue, Sometimes on our day off we just need to relax. Never could pass up a good book though. :D I didn't go to the grocery store. The flyer arrived in the mail yesterday, and the sales didn't start until today. At least the items I wanted to get. :D

Karen & Susan, Hope your day is going great!

Have a good one,

Laurie

Morning, BBs!

Karen - I hope you didn't interpret my post yesterday as implying you were being disrespectful. Don't know if I explained it right. That's what I hate about email and forums. You lose the face to face communication and don't know if your point is coming across.

Laurie - I agree there's a big learning curve with Amy's stuff. It took a long time for me to get Kickbox Xtreme. Do you have other Amy cardio? I'm sure you'll get it. I have to learn a new workout when I have time. During the week I just want to get the job done so I have no patience to learn anything new.

Hi, Susan!

Got my cardio in last night! Did Double Cardio premix (LIS/HIS). You're right, Karen - it was fun! I still have trouble with combo 2 in HIS though. Just doesn't flow for me. The rocking horse on the step to the 2 big scoops, little shuffle just doesn't flow smoothly for me. I'm probably on the wrong leg or something. I just kind of fake it through that part. This morning was PS-BBA. Dojo tonight.

Happy May Day!

Sue

Morning,

Today I just did Drillmax and LIS abs. Wanted to do more cardio but my hip has been bothering me so I didn't.

Susan, I'll bet my DH would make it through a Cathe workout no problem if he could follow her moves and still have energy. And of course biking is the toughest most aerobic sport around except swimming in his eyes.

Laurie, you have a great rotation going. It is right up my alley. I just don't seem to be able to run without problems for my back. I'll live vicariously through you. At least you got to put off grocery shopping one more day.

Sue, I didn't take your post wrong. But, if I stroked his ego anymore his head would blow up. He puts me down all the time and sometimes I just forget my place and try to get him back. It seems to be happening more and more that my fuse to put up with it is growing smaller. Have a great time at Dojo. I muddle through one of the combos in HIS also. I figure if I'm moving I will eventually get it.

Have a nice day all.

Hey all!

I did get IMAX2 in yesterday! Today is the elliptical (heart rate extreme program) and ab work.

Karen,you shouldn't have to put with that! You are a strong, fit woman it's too bad he has to belittle you...

Sue, have fun at Dojo!

Hey Laurie! I swear this summer I am going to catch up with your running! ;-)

Have a good night! Susan

Hi BB's,

Today is CC#7 on the sping bike and I'll try to run on the treadmill for extra cardio. We have lots of cleaning to do this weekend, don't know if I'll get to do any workouts. On my plan I have a run and a weight workout for Sat. and Sun. We also have two soccer games for two DS's on Sat. (at the same time) At least I'll get some walking in back and forth.

Susan, glad you got Imax in. You sure do some of the hardest workouts Cathe has. I haven't done an Imax or anything like a Max Int. Cardio in a very long time.

Sue, how are the new Dojo classes going. Are you feeling less intimidated?

Laurie, what mileage are you up to now. Nice job on your workouts.

Have a nice, rainy day. Hopefully it's not rainy by you.

Karen - I'm so sorry you're going through this. {HUGS} Have you tried (probably a dumb question) telling DH how you feel? If so maybe talking to a neutral party like a priest (or reverand - I'm not sure what religion you are) would help. I know that's a hard subject to breach and your DH may not be open to it, so that may not work. Are you close to your mom and have you tried talking to her? She may not be able to help but she's a sympathetic ear and might see things from a different perspective or be able to offer advice. Sorry I'm no help. . .

Sue

Karen - Dojo is going fine. They haven't thrown any flying helicopter spin kicks at me which is what I'm most afraid of. We are working with nunchucks though and I need a lot of practice. Wishing I had learned to twirl a baton when I was a kid. For a lot of the weapons we work with we twirl them and I look pretty uncoordinated. Is it supposed to rain tomorrow? Hope your soccer games are indoors if it does. Have a good weekend.

Susan & Laurie - Hope you guys have good weekends, too. Soon we'll be able to get outdoors and start planting flowers. I don't like the planting part much but I do enjoy seeing the results. :)

Worked up a good sweat last night at Dojo. We worked on a combo: jab, cross, roundhouse, spin kick, front kick, side kick, spinning backfist, uppercut. Now repeat about 20 times each side. :) Slept in this morning. DH will be gone with DS at pitching practice tonight so I'm thinking of doing cardio. I want to do a circuit tomorrow and start a Barry's Bootcamp rotation either Sunday or Monday.

DH has been gone every night this week either with baseball or Dojo so he surprised me last night when he asked if it was okay to take DS to pitching practice tonight. I figured he'd want a break but guess not. Sure hope all this practice pays off for DS once the season starts.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today I am finished with a 6m run, and was happy to get it in under 60 min. :D I'm hoping to get in 4DS Back & Biceps, plus some type of Ab work tonight. But if I don't, I can do it tomorrow with my leg workout. No cardio on tape so it should be doable. :D

DD15 is suppose to have a track meet today, hope it doesn't get cancelled like last weeks did. Seems these Fridays have been bad for meets.

So glad I waited until yesterday to go to the store. My final bill wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. All the fruits and veggies I needed where on sale. That is a bonus!

Sue, I am finding out from others that Amy's workouts are not easy to learn. Now I feel much better about my abilities. :7 :7 The only other workout I have is her other new one Hi/Lo Knockout. That one is suppose to be a little easier. :D I was thinking of a Barry rotation after I'm finished with the 4DS. Are you going to just be using the weight workouts? One more ? (I'm so nosy this morning :7 ), will you be using the leg workout? Since that doesn't use weights, I was wondering if I should include it in the rotation. Thinking, thinking, thinking.... :7 I had to LOL about the baton. I used to twirl that batton when I was a kid. :7

Karen, The total miles I had this week was 15. You can live through me with the running. Just wish your body was able to do the running though. I just get so much out of it, besides sweating buckets. :7 :7 I think as we get to be older we don't take crap from anyone as easily! Have you ever met an older person that just tells you what they are thinking. I find myself not taking stuff from people either. So that is my $.02 on you being more vocal. I think it is healthy, shouldn't let those thing stay inside. :D Have a great time with the soccer games. How is your DD doing in track? Have they been able to get them in? Hope it hasn't been like my DD's.

Susan, I agree with Karen, you are doing some intense cardio! I'm very impressed, bet you could run rings around me with that elliptical though. :D Soon enough you will catch up to me with the running. :7

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.