Buff Badgers 9-17 through 9-21

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning BB's,

Everyone is late today. I did GS BBS and Amazing Hot Step intervals, thought it might be like HIIT. Still not sure how to do those without a treadmill or elliptical. I guess on the bike but I just don't want to get on the spin bike anymore. I would rather be outside and I can't do that and leave Emily home alone.

Hope you all had great weekends.

Tonight is flag football game, gymnastics and a Dr. appt. I hope I can fit it all in and get everyone where they have to go on time.

Have a great day.

Hi, Karen! Yeah, I wonder where Susan and Laurie are today. . .

Sorry no one was able to help you on the OD forum with your HRM problem. Have you ever measured your resting heartrate? If it's really low maybe that's why you have problems. Sounds like a busy day for you. Hope everyone makes it where they have to be on time.

DH and I didn't go out Saturday night. We were installing closet doors and trying to organize DS room and didn't want to stop. We'll do it next weekend instead.

Saturday was LIC. Yesterday was 1st 2 chapters of Rhythmic Step (time crunched again). This morning was PUB pyramid up premix (including abs).

Looks like it'll be a busy week for me, too (like Karen). Running around every night until Friday.

Sue

Afternoon BB's,

Didn't get my workout in on Sunday, so tonight is Absolute Kickboxing KB Premix.

Have been busy today trying to find chemicals, or trying to find out where they are used. :D Painful process, but corporate wants it done.

Karen, I'm not sure exactly what HIIT is. I haven't spent enough time to read about it. :D But it sounds like you are looking for some type of intervals? Or am I wrong. You have a busy schedule tonight.

Sue, Bummer on not getting to go out with your DH. Hopefully DH and I will get our date in this weekend. :D I'm looking forward to it, and the girls have their protector now. :D

Susan, Hope your day is going good.

We have these two neighbor dogs that bark and bark... when you walk by their house with a dog. They where barking when I walked by with Cami on Saturday, and she pulled on the leash and growled. But I told her no growling, and she stop. She still pulled on her leash, and had her eye on them. :D Now we just need to stop her from jumping up to kiss people when she first meets them. :D She never jumps on us at all, so when she did it I was surprised. Then I figured out what she was doing. Something to work on.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi Sue, hope you get a date in next weekend. It will give you something to look forward to and you got DD room done too. It sure does seem like shortness of time is always a problem.

Laurie, glad your dog training is coming along well. Sounds like he is a willing learner. Who was the lucky person he jumped up on and licked? Hope things at work go well for you and you find the chemicals you need to get a hold of.

Take care and enjoy the weather. It feels a little more like fall now than it did yesterday.

Hello there! A busy day for me as well!

Today is CTX Power Circuit (cardio) followed by PLB. The weekend was busy but fun. Went to a friends 40th B-day party. Re-arranged DD's room. That took me 2.5 hours!

My week is getting packed but I am going to do my best to do all scheduled workouts!

Talk tomorrow! Susan

Hi again! :)

Today is elliptical for 25-30 and PUB. My legs are a little sore from yesterday!

Hope everyone is staying healthy!My kids appear to have come down with a cold but so far it's a simple one. Hoping it doesn't get to be a BIG one!

Take care- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is XStretch. Also already this morning got in a walk with the dog. So far I take her out at least 3 times a day. Gets my butt off the couch. ;-)

I have a band meeting tonight at school. DD10 wants to be in the band. My DH warned her that she better practice, and take care of the instrument. :) If she is at all like me she will love playing in the band.

Susan, Oldest DD has a cough and stuffy nose. Guess that might be what your kids have? Hope you kids start feeling better.

Karen, The dog has jumped up on both of my DD's friends, just to give them kisses. She really likes kids. :) You are having problems with your HRM. Do you know that I didn't know where the sensors where on my strap. :7 It was such a moment that I had when I realized where they where.

Sue, Next week is my busy week. DD14 has a XC meet on a Thursday. This Saturday she runs in Waukesha. So she isn't too far from home.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning all,

Today I am doing GS legs and coremax.

Already done taking DD15 to the ortho an hour away. Now I have to get up enought energy to exercise. After sitting for 2 plus hours, I loose all motivation.

Susan, hope your children feel better and their colds don't get any worse. DD15 has to sing for her audition for the play tonight with a clogged throat and a cough. I hope she makes it.

Laurie, three times a day, that's great for taking your dog out. What instrument does DD10 want to play? It does take a lot of practice. Hope you children feel better too. Have a fun time at the cross country meet. Keep us posted on how your DD does.

Sue, are you still walking everyday? Did you daughter go in for her monthly ortho checkup yet this month?

Have a wonderful day.

Karen - I stopped walking (bowing my head in shame). I lost my motivation when school started, getting up earlier, doing Dojo twice a week - it became too much to fit it all in. Maybe I need to get a dog like Susan and Laurie.:) DD doesn't have to go back to the Ortho until next month. I guess she gets a reprieve this month. Hope you find the energy to do GS Legs

Laurie - So your school district still has 5th grade band or is DD10 a young 6th grader? They dropped 5th grade band in our district because of budget cuts which is too bad - DS10 has to wait until next year now. DD12 plays the baritone but she started out with french horn. 3 times a day walking is teriffic! I'll bet Cami likes it, too.

Susan - You're getting up earlier now, too, right? DD told me this morning she didn't like getting up early. I said "Me either"! :+

Did KPC Cardio Conditioning premix this morning and have Dojo tonight. Our Dojo is moving this weekend to a bigger location in the same strip mall. They have a new schedule with FITNESS KICKBOX classes! The classes go until 9 p.m. though which is kind of late - bummer.

Got to brag a little bit. . .
Last night DD had her monthly group meeting with other ADHD/ADD kids and they repainted a flag on the sidewalk in downtown Waukesha - a tradition they started after 9/11. The mayor came and we had a little ceremony and ate cake (I was being good yesterday until then!) We also had 4 firemen and 1 policeman show up and they gave tours of their truck and squad while we were waiting for the mayor. A reporter from a local paper took DD's picture and asked for her name and age so she might have her picture in the paper!

Sue

Sue, so cool DD may have her picture in the paper. Sounds like a neat thing to do. What kind of cake did you have. I can see where the walking was not working with so many other commitments. No shame there. You outdid most anyone else on the walking, I am still impressed. I thought you guys were suppose to remind me not to do GS legs again. Now it will be another couple days before I can walk comfortably. Kidding.

Have a great day.

Morning Ladies,

I'm here, but will be back to talk later. Have a meeting that I'm hoping will only last till 11am. Cross my fingers.

BBL,
Laurie

Morning,

Today I am doing GS chest/triceps and Imax 2 intervals 1-5 only.

Laurie, how is finding the chemicals coming? Are you stressed yet? Hope things are going well.

Susan, are your kids feeling any better? How many days in a row has it been for you walking or don't you keep track?

Hi Sue, hope you are getting your workouts in.

I'll be watching my friends kids today for a little while as it is early release. I wonder why they have to have this. Just let the kids out earlier at the end of the school year.

Have a great day.

Karen - How are your legs today? I'm glad my kids are old enough I don't have to worry about taking vacation or getting someone to watch them for early release. Did you know in Madison they have early release EVERY MONDAY? My niece is in 1st grade and that is what my SIL says.

Laurie - Is your meeting over yet? ;-) We have all day planning meetings for the new system going on the for next 2 weeks and I'm happy to report I'm not involved in any of them. :)

Hi, Susan!

Sore butt cheeks today from KPC and Dojo last night so just went for a 2 mile walk this morning. Better than nothing, right? I really need to work on my flexibility so those crossing kicks get easier. Janis Saffel calls it a hook kick and it's hard for me to get my leg high enough to hit the target. I'm sure that's why my butt is sore today.

Sue

Hi thee!

Today was Bootcamp followed by 200 walking lunges. I also have to mow the lawn!

Sue, sorry your bum is sore today! But it's a good pain right?;-)

Karen, I have friends whose children also have early release. I don't understand it and I sure hope our school district doesn't try it!

Laurie, how's that meeting goin'? Did you survive? How's that puppy doin' adjusting to her new home?

Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is LL, CTX Shoulders, and a 35 Min Run.

Had problems with my van on Tuesday. Had to get a new battery! I had to get the van jumped twice on that day, and ended up not getting home until after 8:30pm. Just a long day.

Have another busy day here at work, just can't wait until all this meeting stuff is over with. I usually don't have meetings so this is like crazy busy for me. Plus I still have to get my normal workload finished. x( Yipee I just got an e-mail that another meeting I had to go to was changed to Friday! So happy about that!

Susan, The dog is adjusting pretty good. You can tell that she is getting used to us now. Yesterday she was snooping all over the place. :) She wants to go for car rides all the time, but I just don't like her riding in the car. She doesn't want to sit still, so I need to get a harness for her. I'm thinking that she will not like that. She doesn't know how to play either, so I'm seeing what I can do to help that along. :)

Sue, LOL about the sore butt cheeks, but you are working it good then. Sounds like you are enjoying the Dojo. I am about done with all this chemcial stuff. This place is so big, and there are too many chemicals around here! :7 So do you get the Waukesha Freeman? Will you know if your DD's picture will be in it?

Karen, DD10 will be playing the Clarinet. We need to go this weekend and get a rental. She is very excited, and I think this is something that she will enjoy, she has that type of personality. I have already told her that she has to practice 6 days a week for 15 min. Otherwise next year she will not be playing. I was in band at her age, and loved it. LOL about GS legs, are you walking OK today? :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - You must be really busy. How did it go yesterday watching your friends' kids?

Laurie - At least your van didn't decide to wait until the coldest day in January to die.;-) I didn't get a chance to even look for a Freeman. This week has been CRAZY! Hope your meetings are over soon. Meetings usually make my day go by faster so I don't mind them too much. Keeping up with your regular workload can be tough though.

Susan - Yep, it was a good pain.:) Did you get your lawn mowed?

Butt is feeling better today so did PLB Pyramid Up Premix so I could torture the rest of my lower body. }( Ice Cream Social tonight at the elementary school. Hoping DH will take DS so I don't have to go. After 7 years I have the "been there, done that" attitude. Besides, SURVIVOR starts tonight and that's much more important.;-)

Sue

Hi BB's,

Today I did Press and Play CC and a segment of stretchmax.

Laurie, sounds like you got your car working again. That's always a good thing. Sorry it caused you such problems. You have some workout set for today. I wouldn't even try that. I played the clarinet through Jr. High and High School. Good choice. It is true practice will make a difference.

Sue, have fun killing the rest of your lower body. Don't you want to go have some ice cream tonight? DD15 actually watched my friends kids and she paid her for it. We are working on her babysitting skills.

Hi Susan. Did you have fun with Bootcamp. Always liked that workout. It doesn't seem as hard anymore.

Yesterday when I did Imax 2 blast only premix, I used 3 risers on each side and I think my legs are sorer from that than GS. I must be doing GS to much if I am not getting bad DOMS anymore from it.

Have a great day all.

Hi there!

Sue, yes, I did get the lawn mowed. I thought my legs would be kind of sore after yesterdays activity but they aren't ....yet!

Karen, I do like Bootcamp but those "terminator" climbers get me every single time!

Today was IMAX2.

My DD10 joined band over the summer and plays the French Horn. She loves it!

See you tomorrow!

Susan

Hi again!

Today is my "OFF" day. Actually looking forward to resting a bit!

My weekend looks rather quiet. No big plans. DS has a flag football game Saturday. I love those little guys play!

I hope you all enjoy the weekend weather. I am actually hoping fall arrives soon!

Susan

Morning,

Today I am ding B&G and PUB.

Susan, enjoy the flag football game. DS9 and DS11 both have practice on Sat. and play a game on Monday night. I really enjoy flag football too. Enjoy your rest day and have a great weekend.

Hi Laurie and Sue, enjoy your weekend.

Tomorrow I am doing a 50 min. on a trail and Sun. I will be doing APX upper and CC#3 or a BBC cardio. My guys will be gone this weekend at a bike race. Only two of these left, then cyclocross starts.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.