BUFF BADGERS 8/30-9/3

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

No workout for me today, my head was pounding and the weather this weekend was draining on the body again. I am really hoping that this last weekend goes quickly. I want to sleep late on a Saturday morning, and not drag my body into work on Monday. Oh and I would like to tell everyone that I actually could work out on a Monday morning. :eek:

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

Last edited:
Laurie - I honestly don't know how you do it weekend after weekend. I took a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon and still had a hard time getting up to workout this morning! Maybe as an idea for next year (if this is possible with work and everything), you could take Monday mornings off so you can sleep in. That's what I'd do but I have 5 weeks of vacation to play with so it's easy for me to say! ;)

On Saturday I had to work concessions at DS' football game. Afterwards I vacuumed out DH's car and cleaned the house. Working on DH's car made me tired and sweaty so I called that my workout for the day. Yesterday was a rest day. This morning I did 3 Leslie miles.

Hope to buy a car this week. We shopped Friday night and we're leaning toward a new 2011 Hyundai Sonata. They are such a good value when compared to other new cars and the warranty is fabulous. Only problem is they can't keep them on the lot very long. Sales person is supposed to call when they get more in this week.

Hello,

Did STS disk 1 today. Was going to do abs but needed to help DS16 cut the dog. DS16 took his drivers test today and now I have another licensed driver in the house.:eek: He is a very good driver. I ran 3 1/2 miles on Sun. Sat., I did Turbo Fire EZ55. Didn't like it much. Friday I did Kettlebell Way. Still get doms from that workout. Really like it.

Laurie, it has to be tough trying to function all day in the heat and then recover quickly enough for Mon. to come.

Sue, sounds like you had a very productive weekend. Hope things work out for you with your car situation.

My kids bought me lunch today for my birthday. Very sweet of them. They have done dishes, folded laundry, and vacuumed for me. What a great family I have.

Have a great day.

Hi Gang! My weekend was pretty boring actually! Saturday was Pilates Advanced Ring workout. Sunday was supposed to be a rest day but I got on the elliptical for hill intervals for 45mn. Today was Bootcamp.

Laurie, I am so sorry the heat was bad for you! I see there are cooler temps ahead for Labor Day weekend! Rest today, you deserve it!

Sue, I hate cleaning out/vacuuming the cars! Makes me feel all yucky afterward! Is the Sonata their mid-sized car? Or their SUV type? Hope you like it!

Karen, Happy Birthday!! It was so nice of your kids to do some chores for you! Hope you liked your workout! You did some good workouts this weekend! :D Congrats to DS for getting his license!

Hi Lala!

I was back to work starting today. It was good to see everyone again. We laugh so much, it's hard to call it "work".

Have a good night! Susan

Happy Birthday, Karen!!!! Those are some great gifts you got!! I just finished cleaning DDs bathroom...now that she´s at college it falls to me...and was left speechless...:eek:so could I appreciate those helping gifts!! :D

Did some running over the weekend and MM...boy sometimes I feel like my lifting is regressing...maybe it´s the heat? I´ve started to exercise on an empty stomach in the morning due to the prilosec I take and I think that may have something to do with it :(

Am making croissant for our fair...we´ll see how they turn out. Each batch is a little different!

Laurie, You will find no one here blaming you for taking a rest day on Mon...or any other day!! I find that resting when our bodies need it is so important!

Sue, Good luck with the car...hope it´s in by Friday...that should be fun!

Morning BB's,

Really rough sleeping last night, even with the a/c on it was humid in the house. Got up this morning and did a lighter type workout. Prevention Kickstart Your Metabolism with Chris Freytag.

Sue, Congrats on your selection of vehicles. I don't enjoy cleaning out the cars, I usually rope the girls into cleaning it out. After all they are the ones that seem to make it a mess. :eek: Hope you here something soon on availability.

Karen, Happy Birthday! So nice of your children to give you that type of gift. What was it about EZ55 that you didn't enjoy? Congrats to your DS on the drivers license.

Susan, I want a boring weekend! :D We didn't have to get the oldest up for cross country practice this morning, because the teachers are back to work too. I think she was happy about getting a couple of days to sleep the morning away. :D

Lala, So that bathroom wasn't a pretty site! I know that I have to get in my girls bathroom periodically to clean it. They seem to just make it look good on the surface. :eek:

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I am going on the group bike ride. Maybe I will do something else in a while but I slept in until 9:30 on my last day before we all start back to school.

Laurie, does DD still have practice at nights? At least you got a workout in. It does seem quite humid. I guess in EZ55, there were not many kicking moves, it was harder coreographed, it went fast and sometimes she was no cueing. I wanted to do Turbo 60 but it wouldn't play in the player.

Lala, I feel the same way in weight workouts now. I struggle more and can't use a lot of the same weights I could before. I do like MM. Nice job getting in more runnning. Those croissants sound good. Are they hard to make?

Susan, glad you are enjoying going back to work. Good you added in more workouts when none were scheduled. You are one dedicated exerciser.

Sue and all the rest of you great BB's thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a good day.

Have a great one.

Just ordered the new DVDs!! They should arrive around my bday, so they are a present!

Karen, wish I could´ve slept in on my last day, but I had my annual physical :(
Croissants aren´t too hard, but they are time consuming...they are started one day and finished the next.

Laurie, hope you sleep better tonight...yea, it´s pretty humid, but we have an occasional nice breeze!

Hi Sue and Susan!

Hey all! Kids all ready for 1st day of school tomorrow?! Let the craziness begin! :eek:

Susan - Yes, the Sonata is their mid-sized, family sedan and it's VERY popular! Went to another dealership tonight and they can't keep many on the lot either. I really didn't want a gray, black or navy car but the other colors (white, red, plum black) go so fast I may have to settle. One guy has been waiting 12 weeks for a white one. I know how spoiled I sound but we just don't buy many new cars so I was looking forward to being able to choose. BTW, there's nothing wrong with these colors. It's just that every other car in the parking lot seems to be some shade of gray/silver, black or navy and with my frequent "parking lot amnesia", I wanted something that stood out a little without being obnoxious.

Your workplace sounds like mine - most of the time anyway. We get stressed out from time to time but try to laugh about it. :D Makes a big difference. Good workouts.

Laurie - Our bedroom is on the upper level and always too warm during the summer so I know what you're talking about when it comes to sleeping. DH sleeps on the couch in the living room where it's cooler when it gets too hot for him. Chris Freytag is the perfect choice when you want to workout but take it a little easier. I wish she'd do an advanced workout though. Bet it'd be good.

Lala - I ordered the new Cathe dvds last night. Wanted to get in before the price went up. Looking forward to a shorter wait for these.

Karen - You deserve to sleep in so good for you! How far was the group ride? Have you ever added up all the miles you've pedaled? I'll bet you've made it to Florida by now. ;) Glad you had a good birthday.

I did CTX Kickbox cardio and abs last night. Today was nada. Got home late and then DD needed some last minute school supplies. Should go to bed now so I get my lazy butt out of bed tomorrow morning and do Tonique like I was supposed to tonight. (Bad Cathlete! ;))

Hi there! Didn't get a chance to post yesterday! Working, then last minute running around for school, then we had Open House at both of the schools! Didn't get a chance to sit down until about 8:30pm so no workout either!:(
Today I am doing Rhythmic Step! Actually looking forward to it!

Sue, I know what you mean about car colors. My DH wants us to get a white one next time and the kids think that color is awful!

Laurie, I have been so hot sleeping this Summer. I used to never get hot but now, I do! Must be getting older...:confused:

Lala, I hate cleaning bathrooms! However, if I left it up to the kids, it wouldn't be good!

Karen, wish I could sleep in like that! How did the ride go?

I am going to go eat my egg whites and get ready for work!:D Hope all your kids have a great first day back! Lala, hope your students are good for you!

Take care- Susan

Morning BB's

I LOVE rain!!!! :D Well maybe I should say my sinuses loved that it rained. Yesterday I had to leave work early, because my head was pounding. I got home, took some drugs, and then napped for a little bit. Went to bed still feeling like my head would explode, but that rain during the night made everything better. I woke up a totally different person. ;) My oldest DD gave me a hug, because she could tell that I was feeling more normal. Workout today was 10 Minute Solutions Rapid Results Fat Burner. Didn't really care for 2 of the 5 sections in this one, not a fan of dancey moves. :p Overall it was a good workout, and will probably do the three sections that I liked.

My DD's didn't have to go to school today, because they use this day for the 7th and Freshman classes to get oriented to there new schools. Since my girls are not in those classes, they have an extra day off. ;)

Karen, DD started having practices later in the day as of Tuesday. Last night she had to empty her stomach twice, it was in the 90's when they went for a run. And of course the goof ate something not to long before she when to practice. :rolleyes: Thanks for the info in the TF EZ55, still going to wait on these workouts.

Lala, I also ordered the new DVD's, from the descriptions they sound like they will be great workouts. I was a bit iffy on the Lower Body workout, but with the cardio blasts included, I think it will be fun.

Sue, I can totally understand the need to have a different color car. It is just like the houses in our neighborhood, every house seems to be the same color. Don't worry about the missed workout, school supplies are very important.

Susan, You really did have a busy day. Have fun with Rythmic Step. Yep getting hot during sleep seems to be something that happens as we get older. :p

Have a great day!

Laurie - If it means your sinuses are feeling much better, I don't mind the rain! ;) I do hope it stops by this afternoon so DS can have his football pictures taken though (or at least pauses a bit). I don't like dancey moves either so I'd probably feel the same about those sections.

Susan - If your DH wants a white Hyundai Sonata you better get on a list NOW!! :D Are you going to get a sedan, SUV or cross-over with your next vehicle? I am so glad to be getting rid of the mini-van and back in a smaller vehicle. I feel like I can see so much better without the big blindspots I have with the minivan. Enjoy RS! Okay, now I have the warmup song stuck in my head! :eek: :D

Only had 30 min. to workout this morning so I did my own Tonique premix which consisted of the Drills, Squats and Drills again. The Drills are basic cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, high knees, skaters) which lasts about 5 min. Worked up a sweat but a pretty easy leg workout. Will have to do more of a leg workout later this week.

Kids both made it off to the bus okay this morning. I could tell they were excited. That is, once they actually made it out of bed and started getting ready. ;)

Hi,

The bike ride was fine although most of the 35 miles was in the rain. On Sat. we are riding with the group 100 miles to a guys cabin stopping for dounuts and lunch on the way. Should be a fun time. Today I did STS disk 2 and abs from 4DS.

Sue, you must have legs of steel if you think any workout from Tonique even a section of it is an easy workout.:) Glad you kids were excited for school. 3 out of the 6 had school today due to only freshman going today.

Laurie, neat that DD was happy you were feeling better and gave you a hug.:D So I guess DD learned her lesson about eating certain foods before running in 90 degree weather.:eek:

Susan, love RS. I am going to do it tomorrow as a matter of fact. Have fun at school.

Lala, I ordered the workouts also. Love Cathe's stuff. They are my birthday present too. I can make anything my birthday present. How was the first day with the kids back?

Have a great day.

Hello! Today is Max. Intensity Strength. Yesterday I had a horrible headache (sinuses). Through out the entire RS workout, I kept trying to talk myself into stopping. But, I kept going along. Was so happy when it was over so I could run and grab my sinus medication. However, that didn't help any. Hate going to bed with a headache! Today it is a little bit better... hope it doesn't come back like yesterdays!:(

Karen, hope you have good weather for your long ride on Saturday!

Laurie, hope you kids like their first day of school today!

Sue, did you decide what color to get yet?

Hi Lala!

Enjoy the day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is yoga day so I did the Long & Lean Yoga with Baron Baptiste.

Girls where off to school, one on the bus and the other in her car. :rolleyes:

Sue, Did it stop raining in time to get the picture taken? I know on the way home from work it was pouring out. I'm hoping to get that Tonique workout done either tonight or tomorrow morning. Wish my legs good luck. :eek:

Karen, Oh yes those Cathe workouts where a birthday present for me too. :D Saturday sounds like it will be a great time, are you using the tandem or single bike?

Susan, Sorry to hear that you had to suffer like that, can totally understand. I'm hoping the girls have a good day too.

Have a great day!

Hi,

I ended up doing STS disk 17 legs because I have a horrible cold or allergies and my head is just pounding and stuffed. I blow my nose constantly. Tomorrow maybe I can get RS in if I am feeling better.

Laurie, have fun with Tonique. I can't make myself do those workouts. I really need some motivation. We are going to ride our tandem for the bike ride. It really doesn't matter when our birthdays are does it, we can get Cathe anytime.;)

Susan, hope it continues to get better. Way to go on finishing RS. How are your kids liking school so far?

Have a great day.

This week I´ve been doing the 4DS, so today was bootcamp.

Sorry to hear about all the sinus problems, Laurie and Karen and Susan...did I miss anyone?...although the rain seems to have helped.

So all the kids are back to school...hope it´s going well. so far so good!

Morning BB's,

Karen, I decided to nix the Tonique, because I had remembered how everyone was so sore for days afterwards. I don't want my last weekend of faire to have me struggle to dance or walk. :D Dang on your sinuses, hope it goes away quickly.

Lala, Have fun with Bootcamp, I really like that workout but it does take some space. ;) Both girls had a good first day of school, and DD13 had three classes that assigned homework. She was a bit bummed about that. :eek:

So last night I enjoyed the extra energy and the fact that I didn't have to pick anyone up from practive. :D I put Circuit Max into my VCR, and had a great workout. This morning was MMA Fusion.

Have a great weekend,

Today was shoulders and calves from 4DS, I´ll do the cardio tomorrow. I´m due for a rest week, but am considering doing the 4DS for a month and then rest.

Glad the back to school thing is going well. Laurie, I can understand DDs feelings about homework the first day back :(

It´s fair time here, so I´ll probably go tonight. Am praying for my DD18 and DS 24 who are both in the route of Earl :(

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.