Buff Badgers 4/6-4/10

lvnascar

Cathlete
Today was Back, Chest, Legs & Abs plus 25 min of jumprope.

I posted some pics of part of my dress. This is the work that my Mom did for me. She did this all by hand, on the same fabric that will make up my dress. This material was very hard to match, so this was actually my idea.

Had a nice weekend, we went to DH's brothers for a celebration of Easter with his family. Then we went to Kohl's so the girls could spend their gift cards.

Will probably take off Thursday and Friday this week, because the girls are on Spring break. We plan on going to the museum on Friday to see the Titanic Exhibit.

Laurie

Hello,

Laurie, the dress stitching is beautiful. That had to be a lot of work. You will have to take a picture of it when it is on you. Glad you had an enjoyable weekend. What did the girls pick out at Kohls. The Titanic exhibit should be fun. Have fun jump roping.

Hi to all you other BB's.

Today I am doing cardio of some sort. Trying to get up enough energy to brave 31 degrees and run.

Have a great day.

Hello Everyone,

I am still hard at STS. I am on my last week for mesocycle 2. I can really notice an improvement in my arms and I have kicked up the weights. I would like to find a way to download the workouts to my Zune and take it to the YMCA. That way I wouldn't have to buy anymore weights at the moment. They are expensive.
I have off this week due to DH going to Ohio to visit his kids. I am planning to take dd to see Monsters vs. Aliens, the Betty Brinn museum and maybe I can take a day trip down to the Shedd Aquarium but who knows about that last one.
I hope everyone has a great week and maybe we will see some warmer weather.

Hi, guys! Happy Easter Week. :D

I feel like the Prodigal BB coming back to the checkin. Things got so crazy for me that something had to give. We have a slight reprieve at work so I can finally come up for air.

How are you guys liking STS? I'm really glad I didn't buy it because it'd just be sitting on the shelf. Some day I may bite the bullet and get it though.

Laurie & Dani - Have fun on your days off this week. Laurie - I'm going to take a look at your dress pictures after I'm done posting.

Karen - Did you brave the cold and go for a run?

Hi to other BBs!

I've been doing BBC 5 Day Academy the last week. I love this series because it's so easy to split up and do the weights in the morning and cardio at night.

We leave on our trip in 3 days! :D :eek: :cool: I'm excited but also nervous about being in a country where I don't speak the language. We've learned a few key phrases (Where's the bathroom? How much? Write it. Please. Thank you. Good evening. Goodbye. I'm lost. 1-20) I'm off on Wednesday so I have all day to pack and do last minute running around. Hope to get a killer workout in before I leave since the only workout after that for 8 days will be walking. LOTS and LOTS of walking from what I understand. ;)

Have a good week everyone. Don't get too strong with STS and make me look all wimpy now though. ;)

HI Susan, glad you found some time to visit. I'll bet you are excited for your trip. I am sure the walking part of it will be plenty of a workout. BBC are tough and so you have got to be in great shape after those. No run for me. I decided to put my road bike(upright) on my trainer and spin to CC7(of course). Have fun packing and I am sure you will need to use the word for bathroom. Take care. Happy Easter, early.

Hi ladies!

Laurie, the dress looks like it'll be very pretty! Can't wait to see a pic of you in it! My DD is going to be going on a field trip to see the Titanic exhibit. I was upset when she said they did not need any chaperone's!:(

Karen, I too was not brave enough to get up and run this morning!:p I did walk Ruby and it was very windy!!

Sue, welcome back, at least for a few days before you leave us for a foreign land! I am jealous but you so deserve a break!! Glad to hear the excitement in your "voice".

My weekend was busy but fun. I bought DH a new flat screen TV for our bedroom. Now, I can't get him away from it! LOL!:eek: Yesterday I did the elliptical for 60mn (8 miles). It was fun. Today I walked and did pilates. I have a meeting after I pick the kids up from school so I won't be able to do anything else! Tomorrow morning they are already talking about how "blustery" it's going to be here so I doubt if I will run.... I am hoping that during Spring Break next week, I will be able to get more consistent!!

Have a good night!! Susan

Hi! Today was the first of the last week of Meso 2, Dani, you and I are in the same spot! Was thinking about running tomorrow, but it looks like with the wind it will be about 16 degrees...not for me:(.

Sue, have a great time, where are you going? And although I really do *heart* STS, you can still get great workouts without it..and it looks like you do!

Laurie...your dress looks gorgeous. Can't believe your mom did that all by hand! Am looking forward to seeing the whole thing!

Karen, CC7 on the bike must drench you in sweat!

Susan, you guys have a really late spring break. Ours is this week and I thought I'd never make it! Actually almost didn't! Was at the clinic today for a cold and cough, and sinus infection that just kept hanging on. I'm on antibiotics now, so hope to feel 100% soon!

Hello again!

Lala, glad you are having a good break so far! It was cold and windy here today so no run for me!

DH and I decided we are tired of hearing our furnace running! We want to be using the central air! Tired of this cold weather!

I think I will do KPC today. When I woke up my shoulder was pretty sore but it seems to have gone away now. Must have slept on it wrong. Took Ruby for a windy walk, even she seems tired of the cold and wind!;)

At least the sun is shining here. Hope you all enjoy your day!

Susan

Good Morning,

Today I am planning a run when I get back from helping at DD6 kindergarten class. I should be 40(crosses fingers) by the time I get out.

Lala, hope those antibiotics kick in soon and you are back to 100%. Are you seeing any results from STS this far? Have you done CC7 yet? Did you like it?

Susan, I am impressed you get out in this cold weather to walk every morning. Have fun with KPC. Nice 8 miles on the elliptical.

Sue, sorry I got your name wrong again. It's been so long I just keep typing Susan's name. Please except my apology. Have fun on your trip.

Hi Dani, sounds like you are trucking right along with STS.

Enjoy your day.

Morning!

Todays workout was 30 min of TM with incline and some stretching.

Karen, I will be taking pics of me in the dress for sure. DD12 picked out 3 shirts, and DD16 bought a dress, bra and some tops. I even bought myself a couple of tops for work. DH was the biggest clothes hound, with a pair of pants, two shirts and two ties. :rolleyes:

Dani, Sounds like you have a fun filled week planned. I want to see that movie too. :D

Sue, So glad to hear from you again. LOVE those BBC workouts. ;) They are good and short. Good for you getting a vacation, and of course someplace that isn't in the 30's! :D Have a great time.

Susan, My DD12 is heading to the Shedd Aquarium in May, and they already had all the chaperones. Guess the Moms who volunteer at the school get first pick! :) I want to get a flat screen for our bedroom, it will take a piece of furniture out. Will mount it on the wall. ;) I was thinking about the furnace this morning when I heard it shut off as I was walking by the house. Had to wonder when we where going to start seeing some spring temps! :(

Lala, Oh I agree with 16 deg not being ideal weather to run in. ;)

Laurie

Hi all! Ended up going for a 2 mile run, once I headed for home it was with the wind at my back :) And to top it off I did Cathe´s Cardio fusion premix of steop (minus the warmup) good thing I did that last cuz had I started with it, I don´t think I would´ve gone running! She can pack a lot in 48 minutes ;)

Karen, yes, I´ve used CC7---that is the only way I can run for an hour! Today I used CC3 and liked that one, too, and yes, the antibiotics are working, thanks for asking! I feel much better.

Laurie, sounds like shopping fun!
Speaking of movies, just saw Slumdog Millionaire last night was surprised...I wasn´t expecting to like it, but it is a wonderful movie!

Off to LaCrosse tomorrow to bring DD20 home for a checkup on her shoulder. Plan to do STS legs..almost done with meso 2! WooHoo

Good morning!:D

Well, I finally got my rear out of bed early enough to go for a 3.5 mile run. Felt great! I also walked my DS to school and back and now will be walking to work and back! Will be doing pilates abs later.

While at the library yesterday, they had the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD with Bob. I brought it home and instead of doing KPC, I did this one. I was surprised by how much I was sweating! It was tougher than I was expecting! It was a nice change of pace.

Lala, sounds like you had a great workout yesterday! Have a good trip to LaCrosse! It's so pretty up there!

Laurie, we are planning a trip to Chicago over the Summer to take the kids to the Shedd and to the Lincoln Park Zoo. They are excited (so am I!)

HI Karen! Did you get your run in yesterday?

Sue, I suppose you are getting ready for take-off soon! I sure hope you have a great time!

Hi Dani!!

Make it a good one! Susan

Morning!

Todays workout will be the step mill at the gym, and core work.

Lala, Congrats on getting Meso2 alsmost out of the way. Great workout you had yesterday. I will have to check out that movie. I have heard some great things about it, but wasn't really interested. Now I just might change my mind. :D Sorry to hear that you had such a wind when running, that isn't fun at all.

Susan, That should be a fun trip to Chicago for the summer. We went to the museum when they had the King Tut exhibit. Didn't get a chance to get to the Shedd. Glad to hear that the BL workout was a good one. Sounds like you and Lala had different experiences on your runs. :)

Laurie

Just finished doing modified Imax3 (no tuck jumps or flying jacks). The knees get sore from all the high impact and doing plyo jacks, regular jacks and hops keeps my heart rate up just fine. Tomorrow I hope to get in full body weights before we leave. Musclemax maybe?

Lala – My daughter and I are going to Europe with her French class. We visit Brussels and Bruge in Belgium, Amiens and Paris in France and take the TGV (high speed train) to Lausanne, Switzerland. The itinerary is called Waterways and Mountaintops so I guess we’ll see a lot of those. Bruge is supposed to be beautiful. It’s built on water like Venice and the pictures I’ve seen are stunning.

Karen – You don’t have to apologize for calling me Susan. Trust me, when your name is Sue or Susan, you get mixed up with others all the time. Right, Susan? Actually, if you wanted to be more correct you’d call me Suzanne since that’s my legal name. My mom and DH are about the only ones who ever call me that though. ;)

Susan & Laurie – Good job getting your runs in. I thought maybe about going outside but chickened out. Holding out for warmer weather. :cool:

Off to the bank and then to finish laundry and pack! You ladies have a fantastic week. I’ll be thinking of all the Cathe workouts I’ll need to do when I get back after stuffing my face with French pastry! LOL :D :p :eek:

Hi BB's,

Today I did Cardio Fusion. Also did BM2 abs. I did get a windy 6 mile run in yesterday. The wind was pushing me home so I think I did the last half faster than the first half.

Sue, have a great time. Eat some pastry for me. Yum! Imax 3 modified seems like a good idea to me too.

Laurie, have fun on the step mill. Do you have any big plans for Easter?

Susan, nice job getting so much walking in. did you get the book from the library yet? I have the BL Yoga workout and it is tougher than I thought. Glad you enjoyed BL bootcamp. Are you still counting your steps?

lala, hope things are well with DD shoulder. THanks for the plug for Cardio Fusion, hadn't done that one in a while. Did you have fun working your legs today?

Last night at track the kids could try something they usually didn't do and DD picked hurdles. She missed her front foot going over and came down on her chin, knuckles and knee. Felt so bad for her.

Soccer started last night for DS13 and DS11. DD6 starts in 2 weeks. And so it begins.

Have a great day.

Just got back from LAX. Did STS legs, and I did see some improvement...I actually upped the weights from what was on my W/O card! I´ll probably feel it tomorrow! It is so nice to hear Cathe say "This is your last workout in Meso 2"!

Sue, your trip sounds fabulous, and don´t waste time or energy thinking about working out when you get back. Just enjoy yourself..the workouts will be here!!

Karen, that was a long run, that´s pretty much my running limit. Do you ever run further? Sorry to hear about DD. Is she OK?

Susan, you are always trying something new...glad you keep us informed. I tend to stick to the same thing...although I do have some Zuma...that is waiting to be tried...maybe this week!

Laurie, enjoy your step mill!

Now off to make some decidely UNCLEAN desserts!!!

You guess have been doing so well. I don't think I could motivate myself to get out there and run in the cold and wind.
It is so nice not working this week, but it is flying by so quickly. Amazing how time flys when you are doing nothing.

Laurie that dress is amazing. Very beautiful. Ejnoy the titanic exhibit if you go. I wouldn't mind taking that in but I have a feeling a 3 year old would not enjoy it as much.

Sue have fun on your trip. Enjoy and take lots of pictures.

LaLa I don't know if you are doing the cardio plan they mapped out for STS, but if you are it is very cruel to put low max after legs. I almost died today since my legs were already sore. At least next week no weight lifting.

Hi Susan and Karen! Hope everyone has a great Easter.

Hi,

Today will be a bike ride with DH on the tandem when he gets home from work. The kids are off today so I will have to find something fun to do.

Lala, last year I got up to 10 miles but that is the farthest I've ever gone. Hoping to gradually get up enough miles to do a 1/2 someday. DD is fine, just a little scraped up. Thanks for asking. How is DD shoulder? It is neat you are feeling stronger and using heavier weight. It must be working. What bad dessert did you make last night? Something with chocolate in it?

Dani, glad you have been enjoying your week off. Lowmax after legs could be brutal.

Enjoy the day.

Hi!

Well today I woke and did a 4 mile run and then walked Ruby for 30mn. I feel like doing something else later but don't know what!

Today is the last day of school for 10 days! Woo Hoo!! We are all looking forward to the break!

Karen, enjoy the day with the kids and your bike ride!

Lala, how was that dessert? :D

Hi Laurie!!

Have a great day everybody!! Susan

Today was LowMax...yes, Dani, that following on the STS legs IS cruel...but then I followed that with a 3.5 mile run :confused:. It´s just too nice to stay inside!!

Karen, 10 miles! If you can do that, it should be (relatively) easy to add on 3.1, no? I don´t think I will ever do that. You and Susan should virtually train together! DDs shoulder is much better than she thought. She has no trouble with the doc moving it around, but it freezes up when the therapists touch it..go figure!

Susan, you sure do have a late spring break...enjoy it...the weather should be great!

OH, and the dessert never got made...:confused: tonight! I made caramel corn instead!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.