BUFF BADGERS 4/30-5/3

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Had a great weekend, and I'm sure the weather contributed to this in a big way. :D The girls didn't come into the house until it was time for supper. :7

I will be doing Shoulders, Chest & Triceps/ARX/3 Mile run. And this will be after the track meet today.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend too.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Laurie, glad you had a nice weekend. The weather was awesome. Wow, you have quite a workout to do so late in the day. I don't know how you do it. Great job on your stats from the X. How great. Have fun at your DD track meet today.

Hi to everyone else.

Today I did Butts and Guts, and GS chest. I actually like the whole workout as is better than the leg blast. The warm up really starts to fatigue my legs.

Tonight is soccer and gymnastics. Still need to get some house cleaning done so I am off.

Enjoy your day.

Laurie - I'm glad your kids enjoy playing outside. We have to kick ours out of the house on nice days. Awesome workout planned for tonight I see. Good luck to your DD at the track meet tonight.

Susan - Hi, Susan! Hope you get your walk with the dog in before it rains today.

Karen - Hope you had a great time in Eau Claire. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Once I finish up with the X, I think I'll be doing B&G quite a bit to tone up my trouble area before summer. Love that workout. . .

Saturday was Yoga X + 2 mile walk. Yesterday was TLT Strength in Movement (sub for Core Syn) + 2 mile walk. This morning was a 5 mile power walk/jog. It was supposed to be Kenpo X but my workout room is getting new carpet today so we had to unplug everything and move furniture last night. I enjoyed SIM more than I remember the 1st time I tried it. Maybe because I knew going into it this time it's not supposed to be a killer circuit workout like one of Cathe's. It felt really good on the waist, too. Tomorrow is X Stretch so it doesn't matter if my workout room gets put back together tonight. Good thing because DD12 has a band concert tonight so I don't think we'll have time.

Sue

2007 Goal:
120 consecutive days of walking >= 1 mile
245 days left

Sue, have fun at your DD concert. Great job on the walks and your subbing ability is great. I have never tried SIM. Maybe it's something to look into. Although, I have so many tapes I can't fit them all in.

Karen - I don't know if you started out with the Firm workouts like so many around here have. I didn't so my perspective is different. Those who started with the Firm seem to love the TLTs. They're a good recovery week workout but like I said, lack the Cathe intensity we're used to. I guess I'm still on the fence about them but more open-minded than I was when I initially got them. Yeah, I know what you mean about having too many workouts. It seems like I have a lot but not that many really that I do over and over.

Sue

HI everyone!:D Rough weekend for me. My DD10 came down with an awful case of strep throat. She had these big blisters on the back of her throat and it was all swollen... I felt so badly for her. She is much better now though!

So Saturday I was exhausted after being up with her most of the night so it was my off day, except for a short walk with the dog! Sunday I walked for 40 minutes and tried catching up on my errands.

Today is the "Extreme Cardio" on the Elliptical followed by Advanced Pilates.

Tkae care- Susan

Susan, sorry DD10 was ill. Glad she is on the road to recovery. It sounds like you still got some activity in and todays workout sounds extreme. Take care of your DD and yourself.

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is PlyoX and I might add on Kathy Smith LWTLW Leg Portion or KM Leg Conditioning Drills.

Well DD14 didn't do very well at the track meet. It was so cold, and her legs just wouldn't do what she wanted them too. It was a combination of her previous injury to her quads (no one apparently has them warm up x( ) and excitment. She has another meet today, hopefully it will be warmer today. I also gave her some tips to help warm up her legs. :) And of course I told her she doesn't have to win every race. But sometimes that takes time to learn. :)

Susan, So sorry to hear about your DD's throat. Strep throat is apparently really bad this year, we received a letter from the district nurse reguarding it.

Sue, Sounds like your remodel project is moving along really well. Are you having contractors do the work? I think that will be the only way our basement will ever get done. DH just doesn't have the time or I think the will to do projects anymore. :D

Karen, I will have to pull out B&G again, it has been a long time. I have never done the Leg Blast combo either. :) I agree with both you and Sue. All these workouts and only a few hours to try all them out. :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Had some bad news about my mom this morning. She's 85 years old (I'm #11 of 12 kids so she was 42 when I was born) and lives alone (my dad died in 2003). Yesterday morning she fell out of bed and laid on the floor for about 8 hours. She has a Med Alert and we're not sure why she didn't use it (we suspect why though - pride). When she finally used it, 3 of my sisters were called and the Paramedics came. She was taken to Urgent Care to make sure she had no broken bones (she didn't) but her blood pressure was severely elevated from not taking her bp medication all day. Today she's all bruised up and weak. One of my sisters and sister-in-law stayed overnight with her. My mom is overweight and the doctor is recommending physical therapy to improve her upper body strength. Right now she's too weak to do anything. Please pray for my mom. Thanks for listening.

Sue

Good Morning All,

Sue sorry to hear about your mother. I will pray she has a full recovery. I didn't realize you were part of such a big family. Take care and don't worry, the Lord will take care of your mom. Let us know how she is doing. Hugs.

Laurie, it is hard for anyone to learn that you can't always win. Wish her good luck tonight. I hope the weather is warmer there and she takes your advice on warm up. I am sure nerves play a big part. I know they would for me. Anyway, she's doing great and so are you on all your workouts. You always add to the X now, don't you. You must be in awesome shape.

Susan, hope everyone is well again at your house. I can't wait to see what name workout you did today.

I did cardio sweatfest, kickbox portion, and GS biceps. I liked it better this time. I looked at the clock around 30 min and wondered how much longer I had left. I will only use it because it burns lots or calories, per Sue.

Have a great day.

Sue, So sorry to hear about you Mom. She and of course you and your whole family are in my prayers.

Laurie

Karen, I feel like I'm in good shape. :D This round of the X is much better, and I now know that I need to have more cardio in the X program. I also am eating much better than I did on the first round also. Yes DD probably had nerves really bad. She is alot like me in that respect. I was nervous for her also. :7 :7

Laurie

Hello Ladies!

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. It must have been scary for her! You're all in my prayers. Hope she heals quickly.

Today I did Cardio Burn on the Elliptical. It keeps you at 80% of your max the whole time. I was tired! :D After supper I will be walking the dog.

Last night we had some bad storms roll through and my DD10 hates lightning more than anything. So I was up with her trying to get her to rest but nothing worked. We'll both be hitting the sack early tonight!

All of you sound as though you're really enjoying your workouts! I can't wait until I can to IMAX2 again!

All the best- Susan

Thanks guys for your kind words. I talked to my mom last night and she's feeling much better but prefers having someone with her at all times. Right now my sisters are taking shifts and I'll be visiting on Saturday. She saw the doctor yesterday and her bp is back under control. I'll be looking into shower seats and toilet risers to make it easier for her. Kicking myself for not thinking of these things sooner.

I did TLT Endurance in Movement this morning to sub for Core Syn. Looking at my May schedule I don't know if I'll be able to continue P90X. We have software demos the last 3 weeks in May and I'll be starting at least an hour earlier and possibly staying later. Not sure yet when I'll be working out or how much time I'll have. I also may be needed to help out with my mom.

You guys are doing great with your workouts. Keep up the good work.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today will be Back & Biceps / B&G Stability Ball Abs / 2 Mile Run.

DD14 did much better at yesterdays track meet. She didn't win her event, but she was very happy because she beat her previous time. She came in at 6:44. Overall their girls team came in 2nd place. So we had a much happier child last night.

Sue, Glad to hear your mother is feeling much better. You just do what you can for your workouts. As Tony always says, "Do your best, and forget the rest". That has become my motto. :D

Susan, Your DD isn't alone in not liking all the booming and lighting during a storm. Can't stand them myself. :7 Just give her a big hug from me {{{Hug}}}, because that is about all you can do. ;-) I used to stay up looking out windows when I was a kid. :)

Karen, Have to agree with you on the cardio sweatfest. If that one didn't burn the calories and give such a good upper body workout, I probably wouldn't consider doing that one again. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Sue, glad you mom is better. I am glad she has her family there with her. The workouts will still be waiting for you when you can get back to them. Hope things don't get to hectic at work.

Laurie, Where are running nowdays. On the treadmill or outside? Tell DD congrats on the nice time. That is quite impressive. I am glad she did better last night. Were you able to be there or was it to far away?

Susan, how is your foot coming? Lots of thunderstorms by you guys. We haven't had one yet this year. My children unless it's really bad don't even notice. I on the other hand can't sleep.

Today I am doing LL, GS back, CW step only and some yoga and abs. Boy I'll never get done today. I may have to rethink my workout.

Enjoy your day.

HI everyone!

Sue, I am happy to hear your Mother is doing better. It's nice her daughter's can be close by her.

My foot, I think is doing a lot better. I read recently that people who suffer from Hypothyroid, tend to have heel problems. Don't know why but I read this in 4 separate articles. It gets tender at times but overall I think it's better.

Today was Power Hour!

Karen, did you manage to get in all your workouts??

Stay strong- Susan

Susan - That's interesting what you read about people with hypothyroidism having heel problems. I never had heel problems until the last year or so and I'm hypo.

Karen - Yes, I want to know - DID you get all your workouts in? If so, I'm impressed.

Sue

Hi guys, the answer to the question is NO. I did GS Legs, GS back, Boot Camp abs only and a segment of stretchmax. Oh well. There is always tomorrow.

Good Morning,

Today is CC press and play, GS biceps and Shiea yoga.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.