Buff Badgers 12/10-12/14

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Todays workout is StretchX.

We where able to get up all the Christmas decorations this weekend. DD's had Christmas parties on Sunday, that they had a great time at. The one my youngest one went to was given by my work. She received a very nice watch that you can replace the band on. Hope the weather they are predicting comes to nothing spectacular. :D

I was able to get all my workouts in, and my body is so ready for the stretch tonight. This will work out well, since DD10 has dance class tonight. Nothing good on TV tonight, so I'm going to get the house ready for the party we are giving this weekend. I have to figure out some tidbits to serve.

Jill, Hope your weekend was a good one. How is Sammy's tail healing up. Will she be able to stop using the cone pretty soon? And did you find time to relax in that recliner?

Susan, Did you get that book read? Everyone is so busy at this time of the year that sometimes you just need to sit down and do something for yourself.

All I have to say is GO PACK! I am so happy that they have clinched the NFC North title. I didn't think they would be at the top of the heap at the beginning of the season.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, everyone!

Jill - Dumb question time: What did Sammy have done to his tail and why? I've never owned a dog so please excuse the ignorance.

Laurie - What tidbits are you making for your party? I have a party this weekend, too, and I'm thinking about meatballs. Those are always easy to make. And quick.

Last week I was in Chicago for training. It was a LONG week and I'm glad to be back (even though I leave again on Sunday for 3 days - ugh!). Used the treadmill and stepper in the hotel gym plus did some abs, Pilates and low impact kickbox in my room. On Saturday I felt like a slug and did nothing. Did Viper yesterday and Turbo Jam Mix 2 this morning.

Yesterday I weighed myself for the first time in a few weeks and did NOT like what I saw! x( I've been unable to control my eating the past few weeks (months actually) and it shows. I'm up 11 pounds since the beginning of summer when I wanted to lose 20! I know some of that is water weight from all my restaurant meals last week and will come off quickly. The rest - will be just plain old hard work and self-control. I've been very tired lately, too so I need to see my doctor and have my thyroid rechecked. Of course being under tons of stress at work and at home due to remodeling, getting ready to host a neighborhood Christmas party, kids getting poor grades, car not starting, being out of town so much, etc. is not helping. Yesterday was a good day though - nice long intense workout and ate well. I think weighing myself was the reality check I needed. The funny thing is my jeans are tighter but my dressier work pants aren't. Part of the reason I was in denial I guess. I know for a fact though that it is NOT muscle weight gain.

Hope everyone is getting all their Christmas preparations done. We don't have a tree yet but I've put up lots of other decorations around the house. I'm NOT baking any Christmas cookies until Dec. 22 (no time before anyway! ha) so my family will just have to be deprived this Christmas. They're too tempting for me to keep around the house.

Have a good day!

Sue

Hello ladies! Work today has been busy since the minute I got to my desk! I didn't get to go to the gym, so I'm going to watch an epidose of Lost on the treadmill later. My eating has been atrocious. I am barely maintaining my losses here. I guess I should be glad I'm not gaining, but I really hoped to lose a few more pounds this month.

Laurie, I don't think ANYONE thought the Packers would be good this year. I admit I sure didn't. I didn't get much relaxing in this weekend until last night. Now I've finally watched everything saved in my DVR and there is nothing on tv now! So many shows are either on hiatus until after Christmas or just off because of the writer's strike. :( I agree on the weather-can't believe how much snow we have already, and now they are saying freezing rain/snow for tomorrow morning.

Sue, welcome back! We missed you last week. It was just Laurie and i posting, with a couple from Susan. Did you have a good time? Learn anything? It seems like everyone I know is complaining about weight again. What is it with the holidays? Maybe we should skip them so we don't all get fatter! LOL.

Re: Sammy's tail. When I first got her around Nov. 1st, right away she got a cut on the end of her tail. She just wagged it too hard into a wall or something, and got a cut-very weird. Well it wouldn't heal and kept bleeding all over my house. She kept licking at it until the hair was all gone. The vet & I finally decided amputation was the only thing to do; it was a pain for me having streaks of blood all over my walls, and it was obviously hurting her. Poor girl. So that's why it was cut off.

I'm not sure about the cone. On Friday she got at the end of her tail while I was at the gym and really wrecked it. She had the cone on and still somehow managed to get at it! So they had to put her back out and resew it all up. What a mess. I looked and she has cost me $957 since her first vet visit on 11/6. OUCH. She's so sweet and loving and obedient so I guess she's worth it lol.

Now they have a really huge cone on her head, but she's also on a sedative (along with pain meds and antibiotics cuz it got infected). The sedative really knocks her on her butt, so I only have to put the cone on her when I'm not home.

I wrote a novel. LOL.

Gotta get back to work!
Jill

Jill - If it wasn't for the fact we have plant shutdown from Christmas 'til New Years, I'd say "Yeah, go ahead and skip the holidays!" LOL Just kidding. I love seeing the excitement on my kids' faces when they open their presents and how nice everyone is to each other this time of year - generally speaking, of course - always a few bah humbuggers out there. All the holiday eating and sweet tooth overload I could do without though - especially this year. If the holiday eating was limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years it wouldn't be a problem but it seems like every day there are treats around here. Argh!

Thanks for the explanation about your dog's tail. I never heard of that before but I can see why you got it fixed. Yeah, pets can be expensive but I love my 2 kitties almost as much as my kids so I'd be willing to pay whatever it takes to make them better (within reason of course).

Have a good night!

Off to get my hair cut and then pickup my minivan which is now fixed (loose cable - yeah! not going to cost an arm and a leg).

Sue

Hi everyone! Sue, glad to see you back!

I am not feeling the greatest! Sore, rough throat, stuffy nose, sinus headache... Yuck! So yesterday I did not workout. Today I hope to get on the elliptical but if that sounds to tough I'll switch to my pilates I was supposed to yesterday!

Sue, I also have to get my thyroid re-checked this week. I must say I am tired of living with this and I have to for the rest of my life! Frustrating! The weight will come off unfortunately for us,it takes a bit more work!

Jill, my friend had a yellow lab that would always wack her tail along the corner of their cabinet. She'd cut it and blood would go spurting as well. The Dr. also recommended snipping it off a bit but my friend didn't do it. If it was our lab, I'd do it as well!

Hope to finsh up some shopping today, though I'd rather go back to bed!

See you later- Susan

Morning Susan. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. :( The final decision to crop Sammy's tail was when I could tell it was painful to her.

What a morning! Everything is closed closed closed! I'm supposed to go to the vet at 9am. Guess I'll have to call to see if they're open or not. I will drive VERY slow so I should be okay. I would put it off, but the bandage fell off this morning and now I have a cut up sock and electrical tape on her tail. Not sure how long that will last lol.

Supposed to have my weights class at the gym tonight. I might go do cardio there at noon as well, since I didn't do anything yesterday. Not even a Namaste yoga! I worked from 8am until 6:30pm though and was too tired to do anything last night. Tax season's a-comin'!

HAGD girls!
Jill

Susan - Yeah, being hypothyroid is NOT fun. I'm down 5 pounds in 2 days though so you know most of my weight gain was water. Now the hard part starts. We have vendor goodies today. Argh! After reading the calorie content though these are easy to resist. One teacake has 480 calories! 190 calories per cookie and they're packaged 4 together - yikes! Hope you get over your cold soon.

Jill - The roads aren't bad right now according to the guy who just picked up our offsite backup tapes. I didn't know school was called off until I dropped off DD for jazz band and the attendance secretary was at the door telling kids there was no school. Lucky thing I didn't drive away right away like I usually do! My ride to work wasn't bad - just took longer than usual. Waukesha roads were worse than Menomonee Falls.

Hi, Laurie! Hope you made it to work this morning okay.

Did Jari Love Ripped to the Core this morning minus the abs. I don't like the ab work on this one anyway so I'll do some other ab workout tonight if my DD's band concert is cancelled like I think it will be.

Morning BB's,

Workout will be Chest & Back / ARX / Caribbean Workout (when I finally get home from work) :D The drive in this morning wasn't really all that horrible, just slow. Did I just hear correctly that the bad weather was just cancelled. So my DD's are off of school for nothing weather. :D :D Oh well!!

Sue, I was planning on having a sausage & cheese tray, taco dip, shrimp tray (Aldis had these for $5.99 will see how they are), either meatballs or the tiny weenies. Aldis also had the fondue fountian for chocolate for $19.99. Was thinking that would be something fun to have with fruit. :9 The Pick-N-Save on Forest Home Ave. has some chicken wings premade. That store really has some cool things in it. I'm was thinking of a artichoke dip also. :9 So fattining, but so good. :9 The meatballs that you are making would they be the jelly/chili sauce ones. That is what I'm thinking of making. I was just planning on buying the frozen meatballs. Here I am talking food, and the weight issue is upon you. This happens to me all the time during the holidays. We will just be really good at the beginning of the year. I put on 3 lbs after the LGI8, so I'm working really hard to get that back before Christmas.

Jill, Good idea getting Sammys tail snipped. Hope her appointment isn't cancelled. Wonder what the vet will think of the electrical tape. :D Oh yes tax season will be her shortly. x( I can't even imagine what you have to go through. I'm actually liking this hiatus/stike, I'm gettin more done at night. :7 :7 Maybe this should be a sign that I need to spend less time in front of the dang thing. :7

Susan, Oh so now you have gotten the crud. Hope you start feeling better soon. {{{{{Healing Vibes}}}}} Hope it helps some. ;-) Get the shopping done quick, and then as soon as you can hop in bed.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Sue, sorry about going to school when it was cancelled. :( We always have Fox 6 on in the mornings, so I don't miss that stuff usually. I went to the vet and the roads weren't bad at all, just very thick slush. I think it will be trouble later though, once everything starts freezing up again. :( Those teacakes sound terrible. Throw them away! (LOL)

Laurie, yeah, tax season is awful for sure. I won't even keep track of how many hours I work, because I probably earn about $2 an hour that time of year ha ha. The vet said her tail looks okay. We'll go back again on Saturday. Mmmm artichoke dip-I love that. I was thinking the same thing about school being cancelled for nothing, but I do think it will get worse before it gets better, due to freezing.

Okay, back to work! Oh, I'm not going to go to the gym tonight because I just know the instructor won't be there due to weather. I did some yoga this morning, and I'm going to do some cardio here at home shortly. Probably something with my bosu. :)

Jill - Normally I would have watched at least a little bit of the news before work and would have caught the school closings but this morning was rushed because I had to dropoff DD for jazz band before school. Plus, DH is playing with getting the digital cable hooked up to our new TV in my workout room and the TV was not working this morning. And I didn't turn the radio on in the car either which is unusal. Kind of funny that I had no clue. The people at school who were letting the "uniformed" (like me) know there was no school must have thought "Man, doesn't she own a TV or radio?" LOL

We had a potluck here at work today and I did well sticking to my diet. I had a big meatball, a tablespoon of 2 different pasta salads, a cumber/cream cheese appetizer on rye bread, ham/pickle rollup, some raw veggies and a small piece of cherry cheesecake.

My boss is sending everyone who has a longer commute home early today so I get to leave at 3:30. Now if I only had remembered to put on my snow boots this morning. . .

HI there! Hope all of you in the Milwaukee area drove safely yesterday! We had hardly anything here.

Yesterday I did manage to get on the elliptical for 35mn. It was tough but I survived. Feeling okay today. It's mainly in my throat.
I am watching my neighbors son after school today but hope to do CTX Power Circuit and ab work later. Foot seems to be healing. I think I just have to watch how much high-impact I do.

Hope you all have a good day! Susan

Good morning Susan! Good job on the elliptical. :)

DS is home sick again today. :( I don't know if I'll be able to get to the gym today and I'm totally jonesing to go. I have skipped Mon/Tue (except for yoga) and really feel the need for a good workout! I might be able to go when DS18 gets home from school since I don't think the works tonight. I'm crossing my fingers.

Weight is stubbornly holding steady. I am starting over (again!) with clean eating today. :)

HAGD!
Jill

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is PlyoX and 4DS Lower Body Weights.

Tonight is DD10's Christmas concert. She is very excited. Has her clothes all set out for the event. :D

Jill, Does your DS have the stomach flu again? Hope he starts feeling better soon. How about we all have an eat clean day today! I was a good girl yesterday with my eating, I even had a turkey sandwitch when I went out to lunch with DH. No mayo!! :7 Made grilled chicken breast/rice/green beans last night. I did have a mini Dove bar, but I figure that isn't too bad. Hope you are able to get a workout in. I will cross my fingers that you oldest doesn't have to work tonight also. ;-)

Susan, Glad your foot is feeling better. Any workout you can get in while being sick is ok. The worst part for me is the coughing when you are trying to do a workout. I have been know to have cough drops in my mouth while working out.

Sue, Good job on the pot luck choices. Dang on the drive to school for nothing. We had people waiting for the bus in our neighborhood, so you are not the only one. Did it take you long to get home yesterday? My ride home was not too bad. Only one spot where we slowed down. And of course it was to look at a car in the ditch on the opposite side of the freeway. Had the same thing on the way to work too. WTH is with that!!!

Have a great day!
The sun is shining!!!

Laurie

Laurie - Yep, the grape jelly meatballs are the ones I was thinking of. Looked last night and couldn't find my recipe so I'll google it today. I know there's only a couple of ingredients but I want to get the proportions right. Your menu sounds very good. I'm going to take it easy and just make the meatballs and a dessert. Maybe chips and salsa since I already have that. And set out candy and nuts. That's it though, I swear. Yeah right - until I go to the grocery store and find something else. LOL My drive home wasn't bad - just took longer. The hardest part was clearing all the snow off my minivan.:) I've done the cough drop in my mouth thing while working out, too.:) Too late for me to eat clean today - oops! I had half of a small mint brownie and 3 donut holes. I recorded it all in my food log though and if I have a good dinner, I'll be fine.

Jill - I wish someone would have called me yesterday morning! Maybe your mom can start a business that calls parents and lets them know when school is closed? ha ha Some of my co-workers' kids go to Menomonee Falls and they just started an automated phone dialing system this year so they received phone calls. Wish our school district did that. Hope you make it to the gym today and DS feels better soon. Sure has been a bad year for colds and flu.

Susan - Good to hear you were feeling well enough to do some elliptical. So you were missed by the snowstorm, huh? It sure looks pretty even though it's a pain in the butt. I'm just glad we didn't get any freezing rain like they first thought.

DD's band concert was cancelled last night due to weather so I felt like I had a free evening! Didn't want to venture out last night and do Christmas shopping and nothing on TV so I did a Jane Fonda step workout. It was soooo easy! Hard to believe this one used to challenge me. It was a fun blast from the past. This morning I did MIS abs and Gilad Fat Burning workout (another blast from the past).

After today only 3 more working days left this year! (not counting class next week).

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Laurie. Enjoy that workout. Good choice on the sandwich yesterday. I am finally off to a clean eating day. I just had 2 scrambled eggs. Back to SB phase one for me for awhile. I am up 5 pounds since Thanksgiving. :(

I don't know if DS has the flu or just a little bug. He hasn't been throwing up at all (knock on wood) so maybe it will be better by tomorrow. I hope so.

Sue, I know! I hear so many people are sick right now. I love those meatballs with bbq sauce and grape jelly. Or no, it's chili sauce isn't it? Yum! That could be a meal for me. Too bad there's a lot of sugar in it. :( LOL @ the Jane Fonda workout. A blast from the past indeed. Glad you liked it though. Wow 3 more days for you? Are you going somewhere for vacation?

I will be off from the afternoon of 12/21 until 1/2. I'm very nervous and will most likely work from home anyway the weekend before Christmas. We are going to Missouri to see family for a few days, then going to stay at a nice hotel in downtown St. Louis for a few days, and we'll have New Year's there, too. Should be fun. My aunt & uncle are going with us-they are from San Diego and I don't get to see them much. They are fun people for sure, so it will be a good time. And most likely the last family vacation with the kids, since Tay is going to be in college next year and usually has sports going on that prevents us from going anywhere for long.

Back to work.......

Jill - Not going anywhere unless you count Stoughton on the 23rd to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family. I'm off on Friday to cook and clean for our party this weekend, in class in Oakbrook, IL Monday-Wednesday next week and then plant shutdown 12-21 thru 1-2. Have fun in St. Louis! I've been there a couple of times and enjoyed it very much. It's great you get a chance for a getaway before your oldest is off to college. And how fun to spend time with a favorite aunt and uncle although spending New Years in San Diego would have been much warmer! :7

Sue

LOL Sue you're right about that! My mom and I actually spent a week at their house in SD last December. It was so beatiful. It was my first time there so we did a lot of touristy stuff and it was really fun. They are great people. The "elders" in my family don't act their ages lol. I forget that they are in their 60s most of the time. I'm lucky in that my family is very young, as far as my mom (61) and aunts and uncles. Of course the downside is that the generation before is all dead, so I guess that's not so great lol. (I have no grandparents or great-uncles is what I meant).

I feel great!! I did a Firm workout at home and really enjoyed it. I realized I have some workouts at home that give good cardio without having step in them. I really miss step but have no place to do it anymore. It felt good to work up that sweat. :)
Jill

Morning BB's,

Todays workout will be Shoulders & Arms / ARX / 30 Min Run on TM

I'm going to be on vacation starting at 3:30 today, but only for tomorrow. Next week will officially start my Christmas vacation. So happy that I'm going to be off for a while.

Jill, How was your clean eating day? Mine had just a slight bump in the road. One of my vendors brought a tin of cookies. I had ONE and that was it. :9 It tasted good too. I think we all need to allow ourselves one treat, even a small one. Otherwise I would start eating things I shouldn't, because I have a craving. ;-) Your vacation sounds like a good one. I will be on vacation during that time, but we are only going up north for a couple of days. The rest of the time will be spent at home.

Sue, Did you manage to find the recipe. I know that it is equal parts jelly and chili sauce. And someone said that you really do need to use Smuckers. :7 :7 :7 I have never really thought there was that much of a difference. I would think the chili sauce would either make it sweeter or spicer depending on the brand. Sounds like you had a good time with the Jane Fonda workout.

Susan, How are you doing with that cold?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Yes, I did find a recipe and the proportions were pretty much equal parts with slightly more jelly. I'll have to taste and adjust as needed.:9 I'll try the Smuckers and see if that makes a difference.;-) Now I'm debating whether to cheat and use the pre-made, frozen meatballs or make my own. I'm leaning toward cheating to save time. Lucky you, off all next week! That'll be so nice for you - being able to take your time getting ready for Christmas. Planning on finishing your Christmas shopping or are you all done? Good job only eating 1 cookie from the vendor. I agree - I need at least 1 daily treat or I breakdown and eat way more than I should.

Susan - Hope you are feeling better.

Jill - Are you going to make it to the gym today?

Slow getting started this morning so only did MIS Upper and Abs. Will have to do lower body tomorrow.

Volunteering with DD tonight to help out with Christmas Clearing Council at our church. We'll be unloading trucks of donated toys and clothes and sorting them. It's a lot of fun and the kids get ideas what they want for Christmas. DH and DS may help out as well. We've done it the last 2 years and it's a blast.

Have a great day everyone.

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.