BUFF BADGERS 10/12-10/16

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

So who is getting snow? :D My weekend was really busy running the girls around. DD12 went to Fright Fest at Six Flags, and DD16 was needing to be run to her bf's house for pictures for homecoming. She looked very pretty, and the bf handsome. :rolleyes: They color coordinated his tie to her dress.

Saturday was 4DS Kickboxing & Abs, plus Cardio Quick Fix (Cathe had this on the STS rotation). Sunday was an off day for me, and this morning was TaeBo Get Ripped #2. Plan on a 2 mile run, and stretching after work.

Lala, How is your DD doing? Sounds like you got yourself a nice warm coat. ;)

Susan, Hope you are feeling better after getting meds.

Karen, Wow you already have inservice? I'm sure I will enjoy the rest of the Meso's too. :D

Sue, How where the band competitions? Bet you where bundled up again. ;)

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi gals,

Did Kettlebell Way 1 and Amy Bento cardio only about 9 min from her kettlebell workout. I have a sick boy here today so I didn't want to take to much time doing a workout.

Laurie, no doubt DD was beautiful in her homecoming pictures. Did DD12 have a good time at Frightfest? We are getting snow. We have a couple of inches already and it is still snowing. Are you running inside tonight?

Susan, hope you and your family are feeling better and back in the routine.

Lala, hope DD is doing well.

Sue, how did the band place over the weekend? Hopefully there was at least some sun.

Tonight is the last flag football game. Snow and all.

Have a good day.

Hi everyone! I saw flurries on Saturday but no snow. Yes, I was bundled up over the weekend. On Sunday with the sun out, I was actually too hot and had to start stripping layers! West finished 2nd to North both days again. Darn it! North swept all the caption awards, too. On Saturday we narrowed the gap from 3 points to 1 point but back to 3 points on Sunday. The band director sent an email explaining why. Let's just call it the "Russian judge" syndrome - you know like at the Olympics. LOL This judge scored us significantly lower than the other 7 judges. At the critique after the competition our director and his staff spoke to the judges and now there is more understanding on both sides. Our secret weapon is that our show is meant to be viewed from up high and when we go to State on Saturday and perform in a stadium, we'll get to see a lot more happening on the field than we could before. Keep your fingers crossed! She has (2) 3 hour practices this week to prepare.

Laurie - Do you have pictures from Homecoming? I'll bet DS was beautiful.

Karen - 2 inches of snow? Eeek! It's too soon! Hope your sick boy feels better soon. We have 2 cases of confirmed swine flu at the high school we competed against over the weekend. When I saw our kids co-mingling after their performances I wanted to go over there and rip them apart! (just kidding)

So what do you guys think of the download announcement? DH said I could use his iPod to try it out. I have a really old iPod that doesn't have video. I'm not excited about having to spend $50 on a cable to connect the iPod to my tv though.

Busy weekend so my workouts were short:
Friday night - TS #3 biceps, core
Saturday - TS #4 (KPC segment, shoulders)
Sunday - BL Cardio Max #1
Monday - TS #5 (legs - standing only)

Hi there! Well, I was still up coughing last night but I did force myself out of bed and onto the elliptical for 30mn this morning. Decided I'd try it out and see how I felt. It was tough. I had to take a break 1/2 way through. I really think the brochitis turned into pnuemonia cause when I breathe I feel stuff low in my lungs and I wheeze when I take deep breaths. But they have me on antibiotics already so there's really nothing more they can do! If I am not better by Friday I have to go see my doc again. Still very tired but everyday this week I am going to do a little bit extra and see how I feel. This has really thrown me for a loop!

No school for the kids today. DD was at her friends for 2 nights this weekend! She looks awful after getting little sleep. She'll be hitting the sack early tonight! DS has an awful cold today! He's going through all my Kleenex!:p Poor kid, his nose looks like Rudolf's!

Laurie, are you running outdoors tonight? No snow here ....yet but they do have it in the forecast!

Karen, sorry you have a sick one at home. Hope he heals quickly! 2" already!! Say it isn't so!

Sue, looks like you got some good workouts in your busy schedule this weekend! Hope DD does well on the weekend ahead!

Hi Lala!

Take care- Susan

Hi everyone! Today was Bootcamp. this weekend I mowed and just enjoyed having some time off. Took DD to the clinic this afternoon...ends up she had a dry socket :( but she's feeling better so hope she can go to school. We had some snow and it kept snowing :(:( way too early!

Laurie, Hope DD had a good time at homecoming. what is fright fest?

Susan, take care of yourself!

Sue, sounds like DDs band is awesome. I'd love to see that...i really like marching bands. Used to be that we could watch them at half time during pro football games, but that is long gone...now we have to suffer through all kinds of "mindless drivel" and second guessing!

Karen, hope DS feels better soon.

I like the idea of the downloads, although I'm not going to replace my DVDs just yet. I'd really like to be able to download them to TiVo.

Good morning BBs! :) I have the morning off to take DD to get her braces off. Today better be the day or she will be SO disappointed!

Susan - Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick and you're feeling better soon. I know it's hard not being able to do everything you're used to doing.

Lala - I've heard dry socket is painful. Hope DD is better soon. I miss seeing marching bands on tv, too. Don't watch much football anyway but I'd watch that.

No workout yet. Was planning to do something last night until DD informed me her competition pants were too short when she pulled the crotch up to where it's supposed to be with the adjustable straps. I didn't realize this when I initially hemmed them so I had to re-hem them last night. Now they definitely need to be dry cleaned because the old hemline has a dirt mark along the edge. This is why they say a mother's work is never done! We're always hemming pants! :p

Hello,

Today I don't know what I am going to do. Just tired of working out--at all. Not feeling really well either. DS went back to school, no fever but still not feeling that well.

Sue, hope DD gets her braces off. I know how disappointed my DD was when she was expecting to get them off and they kept them on longer. Isn't it true how judging isn't always fair. I even see it in refereeing of games. Hope it doesn't happen again. It sounds like they are giving it their all with all the time spent practicing.

lala, glad DD is feeling a bit better. Seems dental things are always painful. I am not interested in downloading at this point. It is a nice option though. Nice job getting Bootcamp in.

Susan, take it easy, you don't want to be out of commission for any longer. I know it is hard to avoid exercise but you can do it. Elliptical with bronchitis ouch! Is DS still looking like Rudolph? Hope DD caught up on her sleep. I'll bet she had fun at her sleepover though.

Laurie, did you get your run in?

Take care and enjoy the winter weather.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was MTV Power Yoga with Kristin McGee, and it still surprises me how my legs feel after yoga.

Karen, Sorry to hear about you DS, hope he starts feeling better soon. I ran on the TM last night. By the time I was done it was dark outside, so probably was a good idea in the end. Sorry to hear that you got that snow. DD12 had a great time on all the different roller coasters. Guess her favorite one was superman. :rolleyes:

Sue, Yep we do have some pics of homecoming, so will try to get something posted. Bummer on the judging, wish that kind of thing didn't happen. Crossing my fingers that your DD is braces free at the end of today. ;)

Susan, Take care of yourself, I know it is tough feeling that you could do more but can't. :(

Lala, Ouch on the DD's mouth! Fright Fest is what Six Flags does for the fall. They have a bunch of people dressed up in scary costumes, and of course you go around getting on the rides. I guess this is suppose to be super fun, at least that is what my DD said. :D Sorry you have the snow too. I don't know if I will be getting the downloads either, maybe eventually I might. Technology changes so fast.

Have a great day!

Good Morning! Today will be walking Ruby for 45mn and Pilates. Finally was able to sleep through the night without coughing! :)

Karen, hope you aren't coming down with what your DS had! Take care of yourself. My son was much better this morning and ready to get back to school!

Laurie, I think our muscles hurt after doing pilates/yoga cause it works those little muscles we don't pay too much attention to!

Sue, your DD is lucky to have a Mom that hems pants! LOL! I do not! Hope DD gets those braces off!

Lala, Ouch on the dry socket! A friend of mine ended up with one last year and it was bad for almost a week! :(

Have a good day ladies! Susan

Just a quick update before heading to work to let you guys know DD got her braces off and her teeth look beautiful! :D That's the good news. The bad news is that she has a retainer she's supposed to wear full-time for 6 months that makes her talk funny (lisp) and will be constantly taking it out to eat, play sports, play her instrument. It was almost better with the braces on. :confused: At least it's only for 6 months.

Sue, my daughter has the same thing. A retainer she needs to wear all the time but she has a gap in her teeth after all of it. Glad your DD's teeth are beautiful.

Susan, glad you slept through the night.

Laurie, which power yoga do you have of hers? She has two one more recent than the other.

I ended up doing cardio coach 6 on the treadmill. Only managed a little over 3 miles in a 50 min time frame. Walked during most recoveries. I need some motivation. In my defense it was on the highest incline my treadmill goes to. I don't think it is as high as the newer ones go so not that great.

The snow is still here in patches, but the sun in out.:)

Hi! No workout today. Really needed to sleep in and after school just wanted to get my grading done.

Karen, have you taken some time off of working out? Maybe your body is telling you something. I know when I don´t feel like it, it´s usually time for a week off.

Sue, so glad DD got her braces off! And yes, they do need those retainers!

Susan, glad you are up and about. Take it easy!

Laurie, you are amazing with your workouts...they just keep coming!

DD17 had a dry socket in her other lower area :( but now that´s all done and she should be well on the road to healing. Have a good evening

Morning Ladies! Dreary day here! Both of the kids have field trips so they're happy! DS is going to Green Bay to see the Little House on the Prairie musical and then to a wildlife sanctuary. DD is going to the Dells to a dinner theater and concert with her choir group. I now wish I would've signed up to chaperone DS's cause I want to see that musical!:(

Today I am getting on the elliptical again, hopefully for about 45mn. I am getting a bit stronger everyday though I still feel stuff in my lungs. Good thing about getting sick is I lost 6 pounds! Now I have to try and keep it off....

Did anyone watch Biggest Loser? All I can say is they may regret not getting rid of Tracy when they had a chance! Time will tell!

Have a good day! Susan

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 10 Minute Solutions Knockout body, and it really was pretty good. My HR got up into my zone, and according to my HRM I burned 533 cal. in 50 min. So not to bad. May get in a run after work, and that should be it for tonight. ;)

Susan, Glad you where able to get some rest. Too bad about not getting signed up for the musical, those are so much fun to watch. I watched some of BL, but didn't get to see the weigh-in what happened? :)

Sue, Yippee on DD getting her braces off! Bet she is still smiling today. ;)

Karen, Hey the incline on the TM is a workout! :D I know I don't use the incline, and I consider my runs a workout. ;) I need to get my cc's dusted off. Kristin actually has three workouts. Two of them are MTV's and one is just called Power Yoga. I did one of the MTV ones, that is called Power Yoga, the other one is just Yoga! :) I really like her style, and voice. I can feel the DOMS form the vinyassa's this morning. :eek: I think Lala is right, take it easy for a week. Do you like things like yoga or pilates? Maybe something like that will help.

Lala, Ouch for your DD, that has to be so painful for her. I don't have to grade papers, so I can get in my amazing workouts done. :)

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I did Lauren Kettlebell 40 min workout and Beverly Hills Yoga with Janis Saffell and walked the dog for a mile with my 10 lb weighted vest.

My youngest DS is sick now. I am hoping it doesn't make a run through the whole house.

Laurie, glad you liked your new workout. Good calorie burn. It didn't look like it would be from watching the short clip at Collage. Can you find any of Kristin's workouts at any stores or do you have to get them online?

Susan, both field trips sound like a lot of fun. Glad you are feeling stronger every day. It seems even when I get sick I still don't lose weight. I think they kept Tracy on to keep it interesting. They should have gotten rid of her. Besides that I don't like her.

Lala, glad DD is on the road to recovery. Priorities--grading before workouts--I am impressed.;) I don't do well taking off time from exercise. I get cranky. If only I could stop eating those chocolate chips I could back off a bit. I really need to eat better then I could quit beating myself up over not working out.

Sue, Did you decide to workout at night or are you still trying to fit it in, in the morning? Have you started back to Tae Kwando yet?

Take care.

Lala - You probably needed to sleep in and I'll bet it felt good getting that grading done.

Susan - Glad you're on the mend. I never heard of a Little House musical.

Laurie - You are a workout machine! Wish I had your motivation and stamina. Both seem to be lacking these days.

Karen - As soon as marching band and football are over at the end of the month we'll start taking the kids to Dojo. I don't think I'll participate though. It was starting to stress me out - memorizing forms and creating my own (who has the time?), learning nunchucks and how to twirl a bow staff (lack of coordination). Plus, some of the moves were making me nervous about getting hurt (e.g. flying somersaults, some of the 360 kicks). I'd rather just watch and do my own workouts at home where I can control what I do or don't do. I'd still like to workout at night more but we'll have to wait until we settle into a schedule before I can see what nights I can do that.

This morning I worked out! I did Results Upper.

Hi! Well, I got in PUB/LB premix. I never did that before and it´s a good workout...keeps the heart rate up! I thought I´d maybe get in a run this eve, but more paper and early to bed!

Susan, glad to hear you´re feeling better. I know I get anxious to workout if it´s been a while

Karen, Hope DS feels better...and that your whole household doesn´t get sick :(
There have been at least 2 school districts that have closed for 3-5 days due to the amount of kids that have been sick. :(

Laurie, 10 minute solutions in 50 minutes? How does that work? Is it like Rachel Rays 30 minute meals that take me an hour??? ;);)

Sue, Hope you can work out a schedule to get your evening workouts in. Flying somersaults, 360 degree kicks :eek: Sounds interesting, but I know I´d be on the sidelines watching...or sidelined period!

Good Morning,

I plan on doing Hi/Lo Knockout today along with abs if I get time. DS is still home today.

Lala, I always liked that PUB/LB premix. I am not fond of changing weights so much on the lower body and I have a hard time with a barbell since doing all my weight work with dumbells now. Hope you got to bed early. when we call the kids in sick they want to know the symptoms to keep track of what's going on. I think it is funny because this swine flu is the same as any other flu just making people overreact. So you get tested swine flu, now what---nothing. Same as before. Rant over.

Sue, I don't think I'd be doing any of that crazy stuff either. I want to keep walking for a few more years. You do have a good variety of things at home you like anyway. How are the practices coming for DD?

Hi Laurie and Susan. Hope you are both feeling well.

Have a good day.

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I had to help DD16 with Geometry, and then get to the grocery store so no run for me last night. I got the run in on the TM this morning, and then did Basic Stretch from Total Body Stretch. If I have time I would like to get in StretchX after work.

Karen, How did you like the Beverly Hills Yoga, I have that one also. As far as Kristin's workouts, I found one at Half Price Books (that was the one that was just called Power Yoga). The other two MTV DVD's I had to get on-line. :(

Sue, I don't know where I'm getting all this energy either, but since I started upping my calories I have not been so tired. I have been getting min. of 1500 cal/day, and if I exercise then I can eat more. Sometimes I do eat those exercise calories, and other times I don't. The myfitnesspal.com has been a real help for me. ;) I will admit that when it gets to be around 9-10pm I am usually asleep. :D

Lala, :D :D :D I know the title is very deceptive. They actually have 5 10 min. segments on the DVD, so it equals 50 min. ;) I just heard about a school in our area that closed because almost 40% of their students where out sick. They still have to make up those days, don't they? :confused:

Susan, Hope you are feeling better today.

Have a great day!

Good afternoon! Well, I was so busy helping DS with homework and then running DD here and there and helping her with homework, that my elliptical workout never happened yesterday!:( So it is on the agenda for tonight, I pray! DS has a scrimmage at 5 and I have to p/u DD at 5 from forensics. Told DH he better get home early to help! Can't be 2 places at once! After that I want to exercise. I have been coughing a lot more today than usual. Don't know what that means... Hoping I won't need another round of antibiotics.

Karen, who does HI/Lo Knockout?

Have you ladies heard of Rev Abs? It's a new program from Beachbody? It looks good. The workouts are more kickboxing based. He has 7 dvd's. I am thinking about it!

Have a good night! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.