Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

BUFF BADGERS 10/12-10/16

This is a discussion on BUFF BADGERS 10/12-10/16 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Morning Ladies, So who is getting snow? My weekend was really busy running the girls around. DD12 went to Fright ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Cathlete
lvnascar's Profile Fields

Default BUFF BADGERS 10/12-10/16

Morning Ladies,

So who is getting snow? My weekend was really busy running the girls around. DD12 went to Fright Fest at Six Flags, and DD16 was needing to be run to her bf's house for pictures for homecoming. She looked very pretty, and the bf handsome. They color coordinated his tie to her dress.

Saturday was 4DS Kickboxing & Abs, plus Cardio Quick Fix (Cathe had this on the STS rotation). Sunday was an off day for me, and this morning was TaeBo Get Ripped #2. Plan on a 2 mile run, and stretching after work.

Lala, How is your DD doing? Sounds like you got yourself a nice warm coat.

Susan, Hope you are feeling better after getting meds.

Karen, Wow you already have inservice? I'm sure I will enjoy the rest of the Meso's too.

Sue, How where the band competitions? Bet you where bundled up again.

Have a great day!

Last edited by lvnascar; 10-12-2009 at 08:32 AM..
Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Cathlete
kaykay's Profile Fields

Hi gals,

Did Kettlebell Way 1 and Amy Bento cardio only about 9 min from her kettlebell workout. I have a sick boy here today so I didn't want to take to much time doing a workout.

Laurie, no doubt DD was beautiful in her homecoming pictures. Did DD12 have a good time at Frightfest? We are getting snow. We have a couple of inches already and it is still snowing. Are you running inside tonight?

Susan, hope you and your family are feeling better and back in the routine.

Lala, hope DD is doing well.

Sue, how did the band place over the weekend? Hopefully there was at least some sun.

Tonight is the last flag football game. Snow and all.

Have a good day.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Cathlete
shakeubooty's Profile Fields

Hi everyone! I saw flurries on Saturday but no snow. Yes, I was bundled up over the weekend. On Sunday with the sun out, I was actually too hot and had to start stripping layers! West finished 2nd to North both days again. Darn it! North swept all the caption awards, too. On Saturday we narrowed the gap from 3 points to 1 point but back to 3 points on Sunday. The band director sent an email explaining why. Let's just call it the "Russian judge" syndrome - you know like at the Olympics. LOL This judge scored us significantly lower than the other 7 judges. At the critique after the competition our director and his staff spoke to the judges and now there is more understanding on both sides. Our secret weapon is that our show is meant to be viewed from up high and when we go to State on Saturday and perform in a stadium, we'll get to see a lot more happening on the field than we could before. Keep your fingers crossed! She has (2) 3 hour practices this week to prepare.

Laurie - Do you have pictures from Homecoming? I'll bet DS was beautiful.

Karen - 2 inches of snow? Eeek! It's too soon! Hope your sick boy feels better soon. We have 2 cases of confirmed swine flu at the high school we competed against over the weekend. When I saw our kids co-mingling after their performances I wanted to go over there and rip them apart! (just kidding)

So what do you guys think of the download announcement? DH said I could use his iPod to try it out. I have a really old iPod that doesn't have video. I'm not excited about having to spend $50 on a cable to connect the iPod to my tv though.

Busy weekend so my workouts were short:
Friday night - TS #3 biceps, core
Saturday - TS #4 (KPC segment, shoulders)
Sunday - BL Cardio Max #1
Monday - TS #5 (legs - standing only)
Old 10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Cathlete
susanz's Profile Fields

Hi there! Well, I was still up coughing last night but I did force myself out of bed and onto the elliptical for 30mn this morning. Decided I'd try it out and see how I felt. It was tough. I had to take a break 1/2 way through. I really think the brochitis turned into pnuemonia cause when I breathe I feel stuff low in my lungs and I wheeze when I take deep breaths. But they have me on antibiotics already so there's really nothing more they can do! If I am not better by Friday I have to go see my doc again. Still very tired but everyday this week I am going to do a little bit extra and see how I feel. This has really thrown me for a loop!

No school for the kids today. DD was at her friends for 2 nights this weekend! She looks awful after getting little sleep. She'll be hitting the sack early tonight! DS has an awful cold today! He's going through all my Kleenex! Poor kid, his nose looks like Rudolf's!

Laurie, are you running outdoors tonight? No snow here ....yet but they do have it in the forecast!

Karen, sorry you have a sick one at home. Hope he heals quickly! 2" already!! Say it isn't so!

Sue, looks like you got some good workouts in your busy schedule this weekend! Hope DD does well on the weekend ahead!

Hi Lala!

Take care- Susan
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Cathlete
lala1's Profile Fields

Hi everyone! Today was Bootcamp. this weekend I mowed and just enjoyed having some time off. Took DD to the clinic this afternoon...ends up she had a dry socket but she's feeling better so hope she can go to school. We had some snow and it kept snowing way too early!

Laurie, Hope DD had a good time at homecoming. what is fright fest?

Susan, take care of yourself!

Sue, sounds like DDs band is awesome. I'd love to see that...i really like marching bands. Used to be that we could watch them at half time during pro football games, but that is long gone...now we have to suffer through all kinds of "mindless drivel" and second guessing!

Karen, hope DS feels better soon.

I like the idea of the downloads, although I'm not going to replace my DVDs just yet. I'd really like to be able to download them to TiVo.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Cathlete

Good morning BBs! I have the morning off to take DD to get her braces off. Today better be the day or she will be SO disappointed!

Susan - Hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick and you're feeling better soon. I know it's hard not being able to do everything you're used to doing.

Lala - I've heard dry socket is painful. Hope DD is better soon. I miss seeing marching bands on tv, too. Don't watch much football anyway but I'd watch that.

No workout yet. Was planning to do something last night until DD informed me her competition pants were too short when she pulled the crotch up to where it's supposed to be with the adjustable straps. I didn't realize this when I initially hemmed them so I had to re-hem them last night. Now they definitely need to be dry cleaned because the old hemline has a dirt mark along the edge. This is why they say a mother's work is never done! We're always hemming pants!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Cathlete
kaykay's Profile Fields

Hello,

Today I don't know what I am going to do. Just tired of working out--at all. Not feeling really well either. DS went back to school, no fever but still not feeling that well.

Sue, hope DD gets her braces off. I know how disappointed my DD was when she was expecting to get them off and they kept them on longer. Isn't it true how judging isn't always fair. I even see it in refereeing of games. Hope it doesn't happen again. It sounds like they are giving it their all with all the time spent practicing.

lala, glad DD is feeling a bit better. Seems dental things are always painful. I am not interested in downloading at this point. It is a nice option though. Nice job getting Bootcamp in.

Susan, take it easy, you don't want to be out of commission for any longer. I know it is hard to avoid exercise but you can do it. Elliptical with bronchitis ouch! Is DS still looking like Rudolph? Hope DD caught up on her sleep. I'll bet she had fun at her sleepover though.

Laurie, did you get your run in?

Take care and enjoy the winter weather.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Cathlete
lvnascar's Profile Fields

Morning Ladies,

This morning was MTV Power Yoga with Kristin McGee, and it still surprises me how my legs feel after yoga.

Karen, Sorry to hear about you DS, hope he starts feeling better soon. I ran on the TM last night. By the time I was done it was dark outside, so probably was a good idea in the end. Sorry to hear that you got that snow. DD12 had a great time on all the different roller coasters. Guess her favorite one was superman.

Sue, Yep we do have some pics of homecoming, so will try to get something posted. Bummer on the judging, wish that kind of thing didn't happen. Crossing my fingers that your DD is braces free at the end of today.

Susan, Take care of yourself, I know it is tough feeling that you could do more but can't.

Lala, Ouch on the DD's mouth! Fright Fest is what Six Flags does for the fall. They have a bunch of people dressed up in scary costumes, and of course you go around getting on the rides. I guess this is suppose to be super fun, at least that is what my DD said. Sorry you have the snow too. I don't know if I will be getting the downloads either, maybe eventually I might. Technology changes so fast.

Have a great day!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Cathlete
susanz's Profile Fields

Good Morning! Today will be walking Ruby for 45mn and Pilates. Finally was able to sleep through the night without coughing!

Karen, hope you aren't coming down with what your DS had! Take care of yourself. My son was much better this morning and ready to get back to school!

Laurie, I think our muscles hurt after doing pilates/yoga cause it works those little muscles we don't pay too much attention to!

Sue, your DD is lucky to have a Mom that hems pants! LOL! I do not! Hope DD gets those braces off!

Lala, Ouch on the dry socket! A friend of mine ended up with one last year and it was bad for almost a week!

Have a good day ladies! Susan
Old 10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Cathlete

Just a quick update before heading to work to let you guys know DD got her braces off and her teeth look beautiful! That's the good news. The bad news is that she has a retainer she's supposed to wear full-time for 6 months that makes her talk funny (lisp) and will be constantly taking it out to eat, play sports, play her instrument. It was almost better with the braces on. At least it's only for 6 months.