BUFF BADGERS 10/12-10/16

Good evening, ladies. :) Busy day today so checking in late.

Karen - We're getting hammered with swine flu in our area. DS hasn't had football practice the last 2 nights because they need a minimum number to practice and they haven't had enough kids show up because they were sick! It looked like less than half showed up tonight. Also, I picked up a script at our clinic's pharmacy and heard the pharmacist saying the Peds and Internal Med areas were getting hammered with people calling and coming in for the flu. The fact that it might be swine flu doesn't concern me as much as how widespread it seems to be.

Laurie - Sounds like increasing your calories was a good thing. That and getting a good night's sleep. ;) I was the 2nd one to leave Bunko last night at 10:00. Hey, I've got to get up early for work. 9:30 is my normal bedtime.

Susan - Sounds like you're feeling better. Hope DH was able to help out so you could get your workout in. I haven't heard of Rev Abs but admit I just can't keep up with all the new stuff out there.

No workout today again. Tomorrow is a new day.

good evening! Got in a 3.5 mi run after school today. it feels good just to get outside, although this winter weather is WAAAYYY too early!

Sue, I agree about the swine flu...it, as well as the seasonal, are hitting early :(

Karen, from what I understand, if a school closes for health reasons, I don´t think the days have to be made up. We had to turn in 5 days of plans for kids to work on at home if that happens...like anyone will be doing homework :rolleyes:

Susan, hope you get your workout in, and really hope your cough goes away!

Laurie, good thing you can help with geometry. I´d have to retake a course myself to be able to help I think ;)

Have a good weekend everyone! Hope to get those leaves raked and sleep a lot!

good Morning,

Today I am doing KBW2 and KCM cardio only Bootcamp.

Sue, to bad that so many are sick around your area. It seems it does spread quickly. Hope you get a workout in today.

Lala, Nice job with the run. I have to get outside again for a run before the snow makes it more difficult.

Susan, hope that cough goes away. How did last nights running around go? Did you get some help or did you need to be in two places at once? I looked at the videos of rev abs after you posted yesterday. It looks like it would be good but it seems it's just cardio and abwork put together in a certain way. Amy Bento does Hi/Lo Knockout. I didn't end up doing it yesterday. I did a step workout by Tracey Staehle. Didn't like it much.

Laurie, nice you can help with Geometry. Did you run last night? BHY was fine. It was more of a stretch then power yoga.

Have a great weekend.

Good Friday Ladies! Last night DH did manage to help with the carting of the kids! I also was able to get on the elliptical after the scrimmage. It was cold and raining and not fun but we won, even though it was only a scrimmage it was nice to win!;) Felt OK while on the elliptical. Had to stop after a few BIG hills to cough and catch my breath!:) Today I don't know what I am doing!

Busy weekend running around. DD's best friend is in the Children's Hospital in Madison for her Cystic Fibrosis so I told DD I would drive her down there Sunday for a visit. Tomorrow is FB and I am getting new tires on the van plus running errands. DD is having a sleepover tonight after her MS dance!

Have a great day and I'll check back later! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Today was PY4H Magical Hips, and I have to admit that my hips do feel pretty good this morning. :D I didn't do StretchX last night, because I had to help DD12 with her homework. Now that stuff was confusing, give me a math problem over language anyday! :D

Susan, I have heard of RevAbs, and now I want both that and Insanity. Yep you heard right, I do want Insanity! The only thing I really don't care for about Beachbody is the fact that you have to do the same workouts week after week. I'm going to wait for reviews of RevAbs before I get it though. Take care of yourself, the cough might just be your symptoms clearing up? Hope so. ;)

Sue, DH and I keep wondering why we have to go to bed so early. Both of us try to stay up late, but we end up sleeping on the couch. :rolleyes: Must be us getting old, or we just have to get up so dang early that we need that sleep. I have not heard of any swine flu in our district. The nurse is usually pretty good about letting us know about those things. And her brother works right beside me. :D

Lala, I was surprised that I could help her with the dang problem, but then it was a lot more of an Algebra problem as far as I could see. I loved algebra when I was in school. :eek:

Karen, No running last night, but I will get one in tomorrow. The rain is suppose to leave our area after tonight, maybe I can get in the run outdoors. So happy about that, just am getting sick of this stuff. But then again it could be snow!!! :eek: I will have to pull out the BHY, because I think I need something different for stretching. My favorite is StretchX and Basic Stretch from TBS. But they are getting old. :)

I'm planning on some Kickboxing and running on Saturday, and Sunday I would like to get in a stretch. Maybe that is a good time for the BHY. ;)

Have a great weekend,

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.