BUFF BADGERS 1/5 - 1/9

susanz

Cathlete
Hello Ladies!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed the New Year! Ours was quiet but I am ready for the kids to get back to school and myself back to work!

My goal is to lose 12 pounds by June. Gave myself plenty of time! However with my hypothyroid I need that time! My metabolism is so slow! I found an extra calendar and wrote down monthly goals and will also record weight, and measurements on it. I hope it'll help hold me accountable. I was back sliding on my clean eating and I need to get back to it, starting NOW! My Dr. adjusted my meds a tad and if that doesn't help she'll up them a bit more in 6 weeks.

I attempted to walk this morning but it was all ice everywhere so we came back home! Today is Pilates on the Ball.

Check back later! Susan:D

Hi, Susan! Happy New Year! Hang in there. You'll lose the weight. :) Hopefully adjusting your meds will help. I'm due for my hypo check, too. I'm trying to lose 22 pounds by April for our trip to France. I lost 3 already but the scale showed me up a pound this morning even though I went to bed hungry. Ugh! That's why I hate scales. :mad: But I need it for accountability.

Hi to everyone else!

This morning I did Jari Love Ripped 1000. It was okay. Good for early a.m. workouts when you can't work up the energy to do a Cathe workout. ;)

Back to work and school today. . .

Good Morning girls,

Today I am doing SH chest/back and GS Leg floorwork.

Susan, it is slippery out. Have fun with your pilates. Are you done with Ttapp for a while? I know you said you have exercise ADD.

Sue, glad you had a happy New Year. I hope your pounds come flying off. I need to lose some weight also. Since working out with DH I don't get to use my barbell or a bench when I do my workouts because he always has it.

Went snowshoeing 3 times over the NY break. It is so much fun. If it warms up in a bit here, I'll head out again.

Have a wonderful day.

Hi there!

Sue, don't worry about that pound that crept on this morning! Drink a lot of water and flush it away!:)

Karen, I have never been snow shoeing. Glad you like it! One of the reasons I am glad to work out alone, is so I don't have to share my equipment!;) Oh, and I am doing a "Pilates Maxi Month" routine for January. I just wrote it up myself. I am going to buy Mari Winsor's new Core Reformer for my Birthday this month too!

Susan, when is your birthday? Sounds like a fun rotation. Let me know how it goes. It is nice you can get yourself your own presents. My DH doesn't like it when I do that. Enjoy.

It's Jan. 19th and my DH's is Jan. 11th. No, he rathers prefers that I pick it out myself! LOL!

I think he's getting a new TV for our bedroom for his B-day. We had a power surge here on the 1st and our bedroom TV died! Our living room TV had to be completely unplugged and left alone for about an hour but after we re-plugged it in, it works fine. I don't really care if we have a TV in the bedroom but he seems lost without it! :)

Greetings! Back to work today :confused:. It actually went well, the first day back always has some dread factor with it, but we all got through!

And back to getting up early to exercise:confused:. Today was Imax 2. I may do some skating before going out to get my hair cut.

Karen, you got some good snowshoeing days. That is still on my "to do" list.
Sue and Susan, good luck on the weight loss, you´ll make it!

Hi to Dani and Laurie!

Good Morning,

Yesterday I ended up doing KCM Bootcamp 60 min premix. What a fun workout and I really don't care for bootcamp type workouts in general. I felt I got a great workout and the time flew by.

Today I am doing some type of cardio. As we all know I change my mind all the time so I guess I'll wait to post because it will change.

lala, glad the first day back went well. Did you get in some skating? How did you get your hair cut? Is DD doing well?

Susan, I am really glad we don't have a t.v. in our bedroom. I can't sleep with noise. DH likes to read and watch t.v before bed so he has to do it in the living room. He normally falls asleep out on the couch.

Sue, are you skis in working order yet? or at least the poles? Hope you are taking it easy.

Hi to the rest of you BB's.

Have a great day.

Hello!:D

Karen, glad you liked your workout yesterday. I really like Bootcamp style workouts but I am picky about them. I like them to be tough!

Yesterdays clean-eating did well cause I am down a pound this morning! I don't care if it's water weight - it's gone!:p I know that after a week of clean eating I'll have those cravings gone.

Today is the elliptical (Extreme Heart Rate) for 40mn followed by Pilates Max 20mn. The one thing I love about pilates is it makes me walk taller and feel stronger in my core.

Have a great day! Susan

Just wanted to give a quick hello. I have been sick and so is my daughter. We joined the YMCA which is a nice change of pace. I hope everyone is having a great New Year and I will check in later today. I am taking dd to the pediatrician. She has a fever of a 100.

Last edited:
Hello BB's

Happy New Year! Sorry I have not been around to chat, we had a techno free week after Christmas. But you should have seen the activity on the computer after the bann was lifted on Sunday! DH got our old computer set up for the girls, and also WiFi. Oldest DD was allowed 2 hours per day, because otherwise we where getting a bad attitude. :rolleyes: Working on a puzzle with that child wasn't fun up to that point! :rolleyes:

Today my workout has been the first segment from Stretchmax, and will be going to the gym after work for legs & abs.

Dani, Sorry to hear that you all have been sick. Hope your DD starts feeling better soon.

Susan, I think that your goal is very doable. This Christmas was just terrible for me with eating. Just to many goodies around.

Sue, Maybe we should all be accountable to each other, because I would like to lose 10 lbs, by the time faire starts. So my goal is May. I think we can do it!

Karen, Glad you where able to get out in the snow with those snowshoes. Such a great way to get active exercise.

Lala, That getting up early to exercise was the hard part of Monday morning. I have been doing some of my exercises at home in the mornings. There just is no way I'm stretching at the gym. :eek: LOL!

Laurie

Karen - The baskets we need for the ski poles are no longer available so I'm not sure what we're going to do. Not enough snow right now to ski anyway. Everyone sure is raving about KCM's Bootcamp w/o. May have to try that one.

Susan - Yay! for the pound going away. My pound went away this morning, too. :)

Laurie - I don't think I could survive a "No Techno" week and my boss wouldn't like it for sure! Should we start a weekly checkin for weight loss? Not another thread, just report once a week how we're doing. I'm down 3 pounds since 1/1/09.

Dani - Hope your little one feels better soon.

Worked 11 hours yesterday and I'm not happy about it. :mad: I intentionally left work at 5:30 so I'd get home at a decent time and then had some emergency transports to do which took an hour and half!

This morning I did All Step abs, PS floorwork and 2 miles of Leslie Sansone's 5 Fat Burning Miles. I'm amazed at how many calories I burn doing this workout. Then again, I really bump up the intensity by spending most of the time jogging in place. ;)

Sue, you are doing awesome!! :D

Dani, hope you DD is feeling better!

Laurie, there are many times where I have wanted to do a no-techno week around here. But I am afraid I couldn't survive! ;)

Take care- Susan

Good Morning,

Yesterday I actually did spinning to my beloved CC7. Today I will do GS Legs and PUB.

I can't believe my kids are scheduling for next year for H.S. already.

Laurie, my DH would love a techno free week. I don't think I'd make it. Mostly because the kids would drive me batty. My DD keeps buying me food when she is done working and that coupled with the holidays, I have 5 pounds all sitting in my waist and hips to lose.

Sue, what a bummer you had to work so many hours. I think once you come home you shouldn't have to work any more. How do you think that would go over? Glad you lost that pound. 3 pounds is great. I have heard a lot of people lose a lot of weight with Leslie. Wonder what the secret is?

Dani, neat you could join the YMCA. I wish we had one around here. Hope DD is feeling better.

Susan, I keep trying to like pilates but I just can't seem to get into it. Good job on your weight loss. I really need to start eating cleaner, or make that clean, at all. I thought the Bootcamp workout was as tough as a Cathe one. Maybe I was having a tired day but when I used her weights, I barely made it on some of the exercises.

lala, how is school going. Did you ever get your blading in? How is DD doing?

Have a wonderful day.

Hello! :D

Today is Pilates Accelerated Fat Burning. Haven't done this one in a long time cause it's kind of a beginner/intermediate level. I can make it harder by doing more reps while she explains the exercises though. I also walked for 30mn this morning.

DS woke up crying today. He could not tell me what was wrong just that he did not feel right. His temp was 99.8. He went out and sat on the couch and started feeling better. His temp went down to 99. He said he wanted to go to school. I told him to go to the health room if he needs to go home. Hope he's not getting the flu!

I feel badly for my DH. He has a new manager that is a royal a@#. He loves to yell at people and belittle them in front of others and my DH cannot stand him! He came home from work last night looking so tired and worn down. He needs to find something different. He's taking a test to get a job with the State this weekend. Hope he does well. He needs to get out of there!

Karen, with as much as you wrokout, those 5 pounds will be history in no time!

Have a great day ladies- Susan;)

Morning!

Todays workout will be Chest & Triceps, and it will be at home because of a busy night ahead of me. I should have done the workout this morning, but I had such a bad sinus headache that I was zombie material for about a half hour! :rolleyes: I'm feeling better now.

DD11 is having a problem with a girl body slamming, and calling her a whimp. Apparently this has been going on since the beginning of Dec. I told her that she needs to tell her teacher, because the policy (which parents and students had to sign) said that this type of behavior was not tolerated. Told her also that she doesn't have to be afraid about tattling. Of course I had DD demo the body slam, and I must say it hurt!

I weighed myself this morning and am ready to be accountable for my weight loss. What day of the week is good for everyone to say if they have lost or gained(which is not going to happen :rolleyes::D right!) I'm voting Friday! I don't think we need to post our weight, just the lbs lost is fine. Unless you want to post weight! :eek:

Sue, How much longer is your department going to be so busy? Sounds like you are at the point where you want it to end. ;)

Susan, If I didn't have books/puzzles/games and cooking, I wouldn't have survived the week either. I remember having a fever that all I did was cry, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't stop. And this was when I was an adult, and working. Hope your DS does ok today!

Karen, I inherited an I-Pod so I'm hoping to get more CC workouts in. DD15 got an I-Touch (she paid for 2/3rds of the thing), so I now have her old I-Pod. No way where DH and I going to fork over $300. Now youngest wants an I-Pod, and I told her she needs to save for it (just like her sister). She took care of my DB's girls on the 3rd, and with her other saved $ she is over half way to owning one.:D:D Talk about motivation. Your DD works at Culvers doesn't she? Dang good food she is bringing home! :D LOL!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - I'm sure even with 5 pounds of extra "fluff" around your waist you still look great. Once you start getting sick of the food DD brings home, the weight will come off. She works at Culvers, right?

Laurie - I had a dream the other night that I was back in Junior High but I was an adult so had a real different attitude! Peer pressure didn't apply. :) But the kids were really mean to me and treated me like a loser. I think I was worrying about DD13. She's so smart and has a great personality but she's shy and isn't interested in clothes and boys like all the other 8th grade girls seem to be. Friday sounds good. I'll just report pounds up or down since I'm too embarassed to say my weight. Our dept. is going to busy through April for sure (Go Live is April 1) and you KNOW there will be tons of problems getting adjusted to the new system so in reality it's pretty much the whole year. Sigh. . .

Susan - Your DH's boss is a jerk! No one should be treated like that. Tough situation to be in. Hopefully he can get out of there.

Hi Lala and Dani!

Slept in this morning and will be taking a rest day. Looks like I'm working late. Ohio payroll isn't working right so I have lots of updates to apply. It'll take all day and then some.

I weigh in with you ladies on Friday! :D Can't say I'll be smiling then but it sounds good now!

Laurie, I am sorry your DD is being bullied. My DD tells me about how some of the 8th grade girls really pick on another girl who is over weight. They push her down, call her names etc.. I just get so angry when I hear that stuff. My DD is in 6th grade and she is lucky all the girls in her class are friends no matter what their likes, dislikes, size or shape. I really like the her class!

Sue: Get some REST!

Hi Lala!

Hi Dani!

Hi! Wednesday already! This week was Imax2, GS BSB, and today Leaner Legs.

Welcome back, Laurie! A week w/o tech, actually sounds really nice, but since we simply Tivo our shows, it wouldn't be sacrificing much! Hope things get worked out with DD

Sue, One of my DDs was like that in Jr High, so not interested in clothes, etc. She now (20) has a good attitude about clothes, unlike DD17 who LOVES fashion. But she was able to find friends with her own interests.

Susan, Hope DS is feeling better. And really hope that DH can do something about his job. I really don't understand people being mean:(

Dani, hope you and DD are feeling better soon.

Hi Karen, enjoy the spinning!

And one of you said that there is not enough snow to ski? Come here...we are 10 inches above the record!!!

Yeah! Susan's weighing in with us. Hopefully, just knowing you have to report gain or loss will help keep all of us on track so we can be smiling on Fridays. :D

Lala - Great workouts this week! I have to force myself to do an Imax again. I'm such a wimp. High fives to you! DD does have a few friends who have similar interests so that helps. She just happens to have the rotten luck of having a locker between the most popular girl and most popular boy in her class so that makes it tougher. They stand there yakking all the time and she has to squeeze in to get to her locker. Good thing she's thin. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.