Body For Life (BFL) Tuesday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning!

Michelle-I saw your post last night. There are times that I have to ban myself from my PC until I get stuff done around the house too! lol GREAT JOB on Boot Camp! In less than a week, now, I'll be able to see what all the hype is about! YEAH! Oh, and 3 Lara Bars are better than hitting the vending machine 3 times, right???

OK...another early for me today. I was in bed, asleep by 9:45 last night! HA! I think that's the earliest I've been in bed in a LONG time! I woke up this morning, greeted by TOM. Imagine that. I didn't even KNOW it was coming (I don't keep track, shame, shame. lol). But what I'm amazed at was the lack of cravings and yearning for my normal monthly sugar NEED!

This morning's workout was iTread 19 Sprints, then abs from PUB. They kill me everytime, ya know?

Today is my busy day, instead of tomorrow. I'm cleaning my friend's house today instead of Wed, then to work, then dinner and basektball practice tonight. I'll be back online when I can.

Have an AWESOME DAY, LADIES! Only 1 week till Christmas!

Gayle

Good Morning, Ladies~ :)

Sorry I didn't make it back on last night, but with the kids and BF on their computers I'm lucky to get a chance...LOL

BBC Arms/Abs last night. Feeling slight DOMS today :) Tonight is BBC Legs/Cardio!
Tomorrow is our Xmas party here at work....I plan on behaving the best I can. I am going to make sure all my meals are in, and I have my water handy. I remember last year the food wasn't that great, so hopefully I won't be tempted! :)

Gayle~ Great workout! I love the ab portion in PUB! Have a great busy day! When do the boys get off from school for holiday break?

Another busy day in the office. My supervisor is out in meetings all day, so it's a 1-man show today .. LOL :)

BBL~ Take Care-

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hello Jennifer and Gayle -

Jennifer - supervisor is out in meetings?? So does that mean you can post all day! he he! Good job on the workout last night - when are you and I going to start getting up so we have our evenings free?? I plan to start the 2nd week of January, when the kids go back to school. I agree, the food usually sucks at those Christmas parties - so keep your BFL food handy tomorrow! I just stopped by the store on my way into work to get WW bread for lunch. And I only packed ONE larabar -- hey, I like them but three yesterday really turned my stomach!! It WAS better than going through a drive-through or the vending machine! :)

Gayle - As always, good job on getting up. I'm telling you, I'll be with you in January! I can't believe it, Charm School was the BEST book I read this year. Sunday I finished Wild Fire. You have to read that one. I read another Nelson book this year that I didn't really like and I was so bummed about it. I'm half way through Eat, Love, Pray (yes, an Oprah book) I just CAN'T get into it. So I started a Michael Connolly book last night.

I do think it would help me if we started posting some of our meals. I'm really struggling with that. You ladies have motiviated me to work out -- now motiviate me to eat properly!!

Be back to chat later!
Michelle

Hey guys. Run thru post for me.

Michelle, Eat, Love Pray is actually on my club's list to read in a few months. I'll check out Wild Fire. Keep the rec's coming too!

Jennifer-great job on the workout yesterday.

I could use some company in the early morning hours, ladies! lol Actually, I'm looking forward to sleeping in next week during the holiday break. But we'll see if I can MAKE myself sleep late! LOL

Gotta run!

Gayle

Hi Michelle~ Oh, that's a toughie. I am so not a morning person. I can hardly get myself out of bed by 6 a.m. to get ready for work. Then I have to drag 2- teenagers out of bed, NOT FUN :)

Gayle~ LOL, I have to agree 6:45 a.m. is NOT sleeping in! Sleeping in to me is 9-10a.m. :)

Ok, need some help here...like always..LOL :)
As you know our finances at home are really bad. My BF is working 2-jobs, and he just can't take living like this anymore. He even suggested us selling the house and going our seperate ways, I don't know how this would solve things, but if this is what he wants, okay! This is tearing me apart! I'm sure it's tough on him, before he met me he only had his son p/t and now he has 2-teenagers and a GF to support....does it sound like he just doesn't want to be with me anymore?
I thought about selling all my Cathe DVD's, but this is going to kill me. I'm sure I can make some decent $$ w/ them. Any suggestions of what I should do?

~Jennifer~

Oh Jennifer -- big hugs!! I'm so sorry!!

I hear that the majority of fights/divorce/breaking up is due to finances. That's what couples fight about -- money. To be honest, me and DH just decided years ago -- we weren't going to fight about it. Sometimes we have it, sometimes we don't -- but we don't fight about it - we sit down and work out a plan.

For instance - when me and DH graduated from college -- we had student loans, car payments, credit cards -- and guess what -- we wanted a house and kids. How do you do that? We worked out a plan. We both worked two jobs. We had it on a calendar how long it would take it us to pay off everything. It was life changing and character building, let me tell you.

Since then, we have lived that way. No credit cards -- nothing hanging over our heads. We say "no" a lot to our kids. Some years we buy each other big gifts for Christmas -- some we don't. But we don't fight about it.

You and your BF just need to make a plan. How to catch up and how to get ahead. Breaking up isn't going to solve your money problems. Solve them together. It can actually be kind of fun. :)

Here's how dorky we have been -- there were times when we would both take out $20 in cash. By the end of the week we would see who had the most left. It was a competition - so it was fun!!! Most of the time, I still had the entire $20. So, on Friday night I would order pizza with it. Sounds silly, but my DH and I manage money REALLY well now.

So deal with the money stuff. Do what you have do to catch up. Sell stuff, work more hours, have the kids work to make their own money...whatever. Buy what you NEED and not what you WANT. Personally, I think it is great for kids to learn this stuff early.

Then, you and your boyfriend can fight about the stuff that really counts!! ha ha!! :)

Hang in there -- we are here whenever you need us!
Michelle

Good morning. Quick check in. We have the litter of puppies at the house and the momma dog, plus my 3 dogs and it's hectic. And one of mine is still limping plus one has lymphoma...it's a zoo. Went to bed at 8:30 last night and finally feel human again.

I've been able to stick to plan so far!! Did cardio last night. Not sure if I'll get a workout in tonight. The puppy's owner is coming over to visit and depending on how long she stays, I still need to cook dinner, get dog food and a gift tonight.

Off to a meeting.

Colleen

Thanks Michelle! You are the best!

I am going to have a talk with him later on tonight. I know it's especially tough on him b/c he has been supporting my 2-kids, while their Dad hasn't done a thing to help in the past few years! I should of never let him get away with it as long as I did.

I did speak w/ my BF and he said he was sorry, and that he said some mean things, but it was only done out of anger!

I don't think that is dorky at all. Great way to manage your money. You know, I would probably win as well...He spends alot more money than he should during the week. He is so used to having what he wants, and having money in his pocket that it is hard for him to change his ways. The worst thing we ever did was sell off the business, but at the time it seemed like the best thing to do.

Colleen~ Great sticking w/ the plan so far! That's Awesome! :) Sounds like you have a house full, take care of yourself!

~Jennifer~

Way to go Colleen! Keep it up! :)

Jennifer -- sorry that I got up on my soapbox. Now if only I could manage my work-outs as easily as the money. I guess for both we should "just do it". :)

Hang in there!!

Gayle - You MUST be busy today! Missing you this afternoon. I've been checking out the tracker -- can't wait to see the final pics!! Love the bikini -- but at this point you could be wearing "an itsy bitsy teeny yellow polka dot bikini"!! :)

Michelle

Hey guys. YES...I've been busy all day. I just came in from outside with the kids....they, for WHATEVER reason, love playing on the flat sheet of ice that is our yard! lol.

Michelle....I'm SOOOOOO nervous but I'm not sure why! lol This final week is not anything different than the last 11 weeks, but I've got butterflies! lol I was playing with side-by-side software this morning and I put week 0 up against week 11 and I just kept STARING at it! lol I know the work is NOT over after this week, it's just the BEGINNING....but it's an AWESOME beginning as far as I'm concerned! HA!

Jennifer-you've already gotten excelletn advice about BF. And I have to admit that the very VERY first thing that popped into my head was about recruiting your kids to earn some of their spending money. My second thought was your and BF's jobs. Is there any way either (or both) of you are able to change jobs, companies, positions, etc??? Is there anything out there that may help out with a bigger salary/rate? My third thought was a budget. And I mean actually WRITTEN DOWN, budget. When it comes to money, I am the CHEAPEST SOB out there. The only income I get is the Social Security from my kids, and my part time income. It's VERY VERY VERY tight each and every month, but I've gotten a handle on it over the last 3 years ONLY by being diligent and paying attention to where EVERY SINGLE penny goes. HUGS, girl!!!!!!!!! Hug BF tonight before you even say one single word!!!

Time to eat dinner quick, then we're off to DS' practice.

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.