BFL Weekend

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies. It's STILL morning, right? LOL I'm alone in the house. My boys stayed at a friend's house last night and are still there. BF and I went out last night to see I Am Legend. Good movie, and I LOVE Will Smith, but the movie wasn't exactly what I expected. I was a bit disappointed, but it wasn't a waste of money either.

HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?????? What are your weekend plans?

My plans include NOTHING! lol I'm putting together my notebook for Challenge #2. I'm still up in the air about the 4DS, if you can believe that! For those of you who have done those workouts, does Cathe have you max out on reps....do you lift whatever weight until the point of exhaustion? I just had such great success with the BFL workouts (with some deviation, of course), that I'm actually CRAVING a BFL-style workout next week! lol

My eating has been horrible (Jennifer, I read your post from last night too). But.....it's a rest week for me, and I've taken that liberty a bit too far. I'm bloating and the scale is up! ACK! lol But I'm not that worried, I know once I get back into the swing of things, the water retention will subside and I'll get back to normal! HA!

OK...I've got to go get the boys up the street. Enjoy your weekend! I'll be around the boards this weekend!

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

We were posting at the same time! I will copy my info to this one.:)

My DD,DH and the boys went to see this movie too. They liked it but felt the same way at the end. ( I was too busy to see it with them. I will see it when it comes out on DVD)

I hate that bloated feeling! A walk usually makes me feel better. :)

Have a great Day BBL Heidi

Hi again Gayle! We keep doing this huh?

Well below is what I typed. I hope everyone comes to this post instead!

Hello and Good Morning,

Just getting us rolling....

What are your plans for the weekend?

Do you have your workouts planned ahead of time?

What about your meals? Anything yummy on the list?

I have been up since 6:30. Just putting around the house. Getting things in order before I leave on vacation.

Laundry is washing...the never ending pile.
Dishes are done.
2nd floor bath is clean...for the time being. This won't last too long!

I have been doing paperwork and last minute bills. I don't want to come back to this and a dirty house. Hate That! I think I am going to need a vacation from my vacation!

Breakfast:
Protein Pancakes
2 Coffees...need to keep moving.

yogurt for a quick snack.

Lunch: Veggie soup

Snack later: apple and cottage cheese

Dinner: Have to see what is left...Not going to shop for food until I get back.

I hope you have a great workout! BBL Heidi

Heidi

Good morning ladies!!

I was wondering when one of you were going to start the thread -- obviously both of you!! :)

Okay, I made the protein pancakes -- sorry, but uck. I even tried a little sugar free syrup -- which made them worse. I stuck the leftovers in the freezer and will try them again in the toaster.

My kids are 8 and 9. So, we got stuck watching Alvin and the Chipmunks yesterday. I really want to see I am Legend --will have to get a babysitter for that one!

Okay, I'm off my butt and going to do 20 minutes on the elliptical. (Oops, I wasn't suppose to post until AFTER my workout) ha ha!! I'm going NOW -- I'll post later!

Michelle
P.S. I'm soooo ready to get back into the routine. Being off work and the kids home from school is great -- but my body is ready to get back to it. Plus I've missed you all -- we seem to chat a lot more when the kids are in school! :)

One more thing -- thanks for keeping a strictly BFL thread. Obviously BFL works -- I've tried other things that don't -- and I really want to focus strictly, 100%, on this. I know you gals will keep me on track!! And I'll be keeping YOU on track too!!

Okay -- my elliptical is calling me!!

Michelle
P.S. Who is that HOTTIE in the Success Stories!!!???

Gayle I have done 2 of the 4DS workouts..legs and chest/back. I did the original..no premix etc. I found it extremly easy and was not sore at all after doing them. I will lift much heavier next time. Cathe does not lift to exhaustion..It really reminds me of Puah/Pull for some reason.
When you lift bfl style..do you use the guide on the website and just pick body parts/exercises? If 4DS doesnt do it for me next week I may give that a try.
I have started eating much better today..just to give myself a little head start. So far I have had
1/2 steel cut oats (plain)
coffee
ww toast with natural pb
veggie chili
having red beans and brown rice for dinner.
We are headed to Little Rock (AR) to shop. I will learn everyones name soon..I hope!
Have a good one!

Hi Susan -- I agree with you 4DS is a lot like Push/pull. However, I LOVE push/pull -- that's why I like 4DS!! HOWEVER, I do get much more DOMS when I do the pyramids.

So, since BFL is more like the pyramids -- I'm thinking of pulling them out to start Monday off with.

Okay, even though I had to gag down those protein pancakes -- I have to admit they did keep me full all morning. :)

Gotta run!
Michelle
P.S. -- Where are you Jennifer and Colleen???

Hi Ladies~ :)

Being lazy today (what else is new, LOL). Dropped my DD off w/ her Dad for the weekend...as of right now she is planning on coming home on New Years Day!
Why is it when she is here I need a vacation from kids (even though I have my DS's)...I do miss her, she is my right hand, we do everything together! :)

Eating is ...YUCK!!! So far today I only had a cup of coffee & donut. :( I WILL get back on track New Years! I promise. Looks like I am going to end up starting Challenge 1 again... LOL This is going to be like my 4th time!! What is wrong w/ me??? I have such a major sweet tooth, and by W5-6...I need a break from the never ending Chicken/Turkey Breasts/Brown rice!

No workout in again today :(

Ok, question for you all. You know I have Orthoarthrtis in my right knee. I was speaking w/ my DAD, and he swears by Fish Oil Caps...He said take these and this will help a great deal w/ the flare ups...
I was spending $$ on the Bio-Flex...which can get expensive ($15/ 20 day supply)... What do you think, any thoughts?

Off to the store, and then go relax and be a bum again :)
Talk to you all soon!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Heidi-thanks for the laugh of the duplicated posts! LOL When in doubt….have TWO threads going! Lol

Michelle-hmmmmmmmm….you didn’t like the protein pancakes. Sorry to hear that. What didn’t you like about them? I know that I like making them into smaller pancakes instead BIG pancakes (the recipe I use makes 2 LARGE single-serve pancakes). For whatever reason, when I made them into big pancakes, they were harder to get down. Not sure why. Did your recipe turn out okay? I also know that you have to cook them on a lower heat and LONGER than regular pancake batter. And I AGREE….I AM SOOOOO looking forward to getting back to a normal schedule with the kids, school/work, BFL, checkins, etc.

Your input, ladies on the 4DS has me curious. I read quite a few reviews that sounded like yours….4DS has been compared to Push Pull a few times now. I am about 95% certain that I will be kicking off Challenge #2 with strictly BFL workouts again.

Jennifer-I don’t have any input on the fish oil caplets. I have heard, however, that fish oil is good for the joints and all, but I haven’t personally taken them. When I was training for the Disney marathon 2 years ago and was having BIG knee pains (caused, however, by tight hamstrings/ITB, etc), I did take MS Condrointin (sp?).

OK….my boys are having a few friends sleep over. Time to make room in my living room for the crowd! Lol

ETA: Oh, and I took somebody's suggestion about my BFL progress book/journal. I printed the pages double-sided so that I have less pages and my notebook/binder isn't as thick! Great suggestion!

Gayle

Michelle I do like Push/Pull also..I mostly do the 2 sets though so I really feel like I have worked out.

Good Morning everyone!

Feeling good this morning! DH went to the store and brought home doughnuts for the kids. I'm being good -- toasted those protein pancakes from yesterday. Okay, I have to admit -- they taste much better toasted!!

I'm off to the grocery story to get all the food I need for the week. I'm going to follow your lead Gayle and make a couple batches of soup today and stock my fridge. I'm also going to start tomorrow off with PUB -- to follow the BFL workouts the best I can.

Okay Jennifer -- let's gear up together. I've NEVER done anything consistently for 12 weeks -- but I'm up for this challenge. If I get a sweet tooth midway I'm going to make the desserts from EFL. The chocolate pudding and the crepes are my favorite! Have you tried the crepes yet? You fill them with yogurt and fruit and they are awesome!! Let's do this together!!

And a big shout out to Heidi, Colleen and all you new gals. It is so great having all this support!

Okay, I'm off to the grocery store. I feel like tomorrow is going to be a turning point in my life!! :)

Michelle

Good Morning to you all,

Hi Michelle: It is so great to have your meals planned ahead of time. Better yet, have them made up and ready to reheat.

Today is the day I am doing all my bills ahead of time so I don't have to worry that I missed something important. Still working on that laundry pile and getting the house cleaned up.
I have to still get to the store for some things for the kids. They haven't been willing to go because they hate shopping for clothes. It has to be done today! Or their not going...simple as that. ;-)

Going to hit the cellar for a workout. iTread #23 40min and abs from CoreMax #2.

I hope everyone has a great day! BBL Heidi

I went grocery shopping yesterday and amnow making my turkey burgers and this delish fresh green pea soup (very low cal and good for ya) for lunches. I think I am set for food. Do ya'll eat the bfl bars? Im not a big fan of them so I will probably eat some nuts/raisin mix or a luna bar. I am now leaning towards pub/lb workouts..I was going to try 4DS but now Im not sure. I guess I will decide between now and in the morning. I havent worked out in 4 days..I don't think I've ever gone that long. I decided to just take a rest!

Good morning, ladies. The house here is in an uproar! LOL My kids had 3 boys sleep over last night and right now they're all playing dart tag with the Nerf guns we got for Christmas! lol

Michelle-glad you liked the pancakes a bit better toasted. I will admit, that they weren't an instant favorite for me either, but they grew on me!

Like you ladies, I'm hitting the grocery store sometime today or tomorrow. I'm going to make one of the soup recipes as well. I'm also looking for more recipes to try out, as long as the carb/protein ratio fits. I'll share any recipes with you guys.

Somebody suggested (was it Jennifer?) that maybe we could post our day's menu (if we have the time), just to give each other ideas of what we're eating. I LIKE this idea, and I'll try to do that myself for you guys each day.

TOMORROW, BABY! Day 1. I'm actually going to flip flop week 1 (upper body twice) with Week 2 (lower body twice). So my week 1 is starting with Lower Body tomorrow, most likely PLB with my usual substitutions and additions....I like to do Bulgarian squats in place of Cathe's static lunges, and I like to add on a pyramid set of leg extensions on my weight bench. I'm looking for some good DOMS after tomorrow!

Ladies......I'm going to really need you this coming week! I've taken an ENTIRE week off of not only workouts, but my eating! It's always ALWAYS hard for me to pick up the clean eating habit again after more than 3 or 4 days off. SO.....I'll be leaning on you all this week again!

Gayle

Morning everyone!
I got up and ran 6.1 miles using iTread 24 Run Intervals (one of my very favorites). I started batch cooking yesterday and plan on having the following in the freezer for the next couple of weeks:

Arizona Skillet Dinner (delish recipe I got off the YaYa website I tweaked to be BFL friendly)

Stuffed Red Peppers with brown rice (got this recipe off the BFL Tracker site)

Chicken White Chili (chicken breast/cannelli beans/spices)

Rotisserie chicken breasts (YaYa recipe box)

Meatloaf muffins (YaYa recipe box)

Low Fat Tuna Muffins (BFL Tracker site)

BFL Crustless Pumpkin Pie (BFL Tracker site)

Protein Muffins (blueberry & banana)

That way I have something for every meal and only have to add either a vegetable, brown rice, or a fruit.

I'm going to try to follow the BFL weight workouts from the book. I'll probably just put Cathe on to keep me company, lol. I also have a plan for the cardio.

I actually have the BFL book, BFL journal, and the Eating for Life book. I bought them years ago at Sam's Club and dug them out of storage this weekend. I like the set up of the journal so I'll use that to jot things down. But I've also set up a specific rotation for that will take me to 5/4/08 (which is when I plan to run another marathon). I compiled my rotation using BFL, a marathon schedule from Runnersworld.com, and added some biking in the 9th week. I bought a road bike last fall and plan on doing some duathlons, a triathlon, and maybe a century in the fall.

But for now...lol, this is my race schedule:

1) Climb the Tower - 2/16/08 - http://www.mrsnv.com/evt/home.jsp?id=1746
2) Bassman Spring Duathlon (run 5k - bike 29 miles - run 5k) - 4/27/08 - http://www.trifind.com/nj.html
3) New Jersey Marathon - 5/4/08 - http://www.njmarathon.org/main.htm

My main goal is still to do BFL but fit in my training. It's pretty do-able if I follow the plan. The cardio will be higher than prescribed for the plan but not in excess until the end when my running mileage starts kicking into gear.

Back tomorrrow with weight, measurements, and more goals. :)

Kathy G

I plan to train ub and lb twice a week intead of going back and forth each week. Do you guys think that is too much?

Good Morning, Ladies~

It's Sunday & I'm still lazy as ever...LOL

Gayle~ Wow, how do you do it. Tons of boys running around, I think I would go nuts .. :) LOL Sounds like you are ready to go for C2.. I need to get my butt in gear!

Michelle~ Ok, I'm ready...LET'S DO THIS!!!! :):) I have a MAJOR sweet tooth!

Heidi~ Are you getting excited about your trip? Seems like you still have plenty to do...when do you leave? Have a Great Workout!!! :)

Kathy~ They sound like some great recipes! I will have to check them out.

I was checking out Cookinglight.com. They have a awesome Chicken & Dumplings that I would love to make...but I am guessing it is not BFL style! Oh well, it's clean isn't it?

I think I am going to hit the store and cook up a batch of Gayle's soups...this way they are on hand and I don't have to worry!

Gayle~ Your protein pancake recipe. Is that for 2-batches? How many does this make? I know you mentioned this before, but I don't pay much attention, do I....LOL :)

Hopefully I will get in a workout today!
Taking DS & his GF to the mall....BBL ~

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Do you ladies mind if I join you? I think I will do better in a smaller group!I can't hardly keep up with WW! Since my moms passing the end of June 07, I have not lost a pound. I been following Cathe's rotations since last year! No matter how hard I try nothing is working! I picked up the book BFL from the library! I am ready to take on the challenge! I need all the help I can get!

Thanks!
Belinda

BELINDA is HERE! YAY Belinda. Ladies....for those of you who don't know Belinda....she's a WONDERFUL and pleasant FRIEND that I met on the Road Trip this past summer! She's FUNNY TOO, which is ALWAYS good! LOL BELINDA...>SO glad to have you here, girl! I've missed you and THANK YOU for my Christmas gift, by the way!

Jennifer-the protein pancake recipe I gave you makes 2 LARGE pancakes. But I found that when I made the BIG version of this recipe, it was harder for me to get it down....in a weird way it sort of got stuck in the throat. It's hard to explain, really. They were just thick. So I now use a larger Pampered Chef scooper (muffin/cupcake size) and make about 10 or 11 smaller pancakes. Then when I toast them to reheat, I eat 4 for a serving.

Susan-I think doing upper and lower 2x in a week is just fine. What I like to do, is on the week that is double lower and once upper body, I will add on some upper body work...maybe the GS push up drop sets, or I'll add a kickbox workout in during the week for the upper body punching drills, etc. Or on a double upper body week, I'll add on floor work somewhere during the week as well.

Kathy-AWESOME job on getting a schedule together! Having a plan is the key to anything, really! OH! And those recipes sound DELISH! WOuld you be willing to share any that you like???

OK...boys are all fueled up from lunch and are 'gunning' each other down again. LOL These guys are funny....give them some foam dart guns, safety glasses, and they're TYPICAL BOYS! lol

Gayle

Hi to everyone,

Just checking back in to report I did my workout this morning.

ITread #23 40min. HIIT 8.3. Felt really good and light today for some weird reason.}(
Abs: CoreMax #3 instead of #2. I forgot this one had planks on the stability ball. My wrist just can't take any weight on it. :-(
I can lift weights but just no pressure.

Kathy G: Great run for you this morning too!:) I like that iTread also. You really have your races lined up.
I will have to check out thoughs recipes on YaYA also.

Jennifer: Breakfast was the protein pancakes toasted with a proten shake.:9 As for the recipe...it makes 2 large pancakes which is for 2 meals. I use my 1/4c measurement to make 10 smaller pancakes and split it up into at least 4 meals. (Too filling otherwise)

Well...my trip is Weds. We are leaving here at (2am!) The actual flight is around 5:30am. It takes approx. 3.5hrs to reach Miami. Then we switch planes and head to the islands for another 1.5hrs. My butt is going to be sore after all this sitting!

I am going to head out now and pick up a few things. One of them will be the new magazine...clean eating or is it Eating Clean.

Welcome Belinda!

BBL Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.