BFL - Wed - 4/30

Good morning, Sherry and all to follow! JUst a quick post before I hit the shower. I slept a bit later than I wanted, but still got up to workout. I started off with BM2 warm up and step segment 1. Then I put on my running shoes and hopped on the TM to try out my shins and toes. Although my toes rubbed a bit and they're tender (in my aerobics shoes as well), my shins were pain-free. That's good news.

We've got a bit of a busy day today: cleaning my friend's house, then work/school, then orthodontist appt for my older DS, then Religion class for the boys, then younger DS had practice. BAM BAM BAM! Before I know it, today will be gone! lol

BBL sometime, when I get a minute.

Melissa-I'm wondering if you tried out Dave's last night???

Gayle

I'm back.

Today was GS CT (which had been scheduled as yesterday’s workout). Those push-ups! Tomorrow morning I’m sure I’ll be wondering why I thought this was a good idea.

Confession time – I had a cinnamon crunch bagel yesterday. I just love them, and it has been so long since I last had one. Someone brought them into work and it was literally calling my name. I’ll need to do some extra cardio to make up for that indulgence.

Gayle – Hopefully the mailman will have that delivery for you today.

Stephanie – Great run yesterday. I’ll try to do some cardio next Monday (my rest day) to help add to the total. That will help make up for the bagel.

Amelia – I’m sending “health” vibes your way.

Heidi – It seems like the phone always rings when I do my workout at some other time than first thing in the a.m. It is such a distraction.

Carolyn – I like my Polar F4. It has the basic functions and is pretty easy to use.

Kathy – Are you sure you are tapering? You’re workouts are still quite long and intense. Oops – I for got to ask DH about the toes. He’s still sleeping. I’ll catch him in a bit.

Belinda – Hope you get your workout in today.

Liann – I don’t like planks either.

Melissa –A new barbell sounds like a great weekend project.

Michelle – Hi! Looks like your days are as busy as mine.

Enjoy your workout of choice today. Hope you all have a good one!

Sherry-was that bagel from Panera Bread? They have a Cinnamon Crunch Bagel that my DS LOVES! I, on the other hand, love the Asigao Cheese bagel with their l/f Hazelnut Cream Cheese. YUMMY! I need to do extra cardio just to THINK about that! LOL

Gayle

Good morning!

Sherry, nice workout! Push-ups get me every time! I'm glad you will be able to participate on Monday!

Gayle, glad those toes are healing! Hope your BUSY day goes well!

Amelia, hope you are feeling better today! Have a SUPER workout!

I'm wondering if Melissa used the tanner too! MELISSAAAAAAA?

Kathy, too bad you are taking a rest day on Monday! LOL Sure, contribute your calories burned from your marathon on Sunday...we will just have to up our goal to 5000! ;-)

bbl

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Stephanie: Thank you for the links last night! I will check these out today.

Hey Sherry: Great workout! Those push-ups are going to make up for the cinnamon crunch bagel. What do you think would make up for the Roast beef sandwich I had with DD yesterday from Panera Bread? Yup…stopped in for lunch. I only ate half and brought the rest home for dinner.
I too am looking for a barbell. I will have to check these out on-line today as well. They didn’t have what I was looking for at a sport shop next to the restaurant.

Hi Gayle: Glad to hear your shins are doing better. Just take it easy on those runs for a bit and you will be good to go. Your day sounds busy like mine. I won’t get my workout in until after DD heads to the train at 9:20. DS has a dentist appointment for a cleaning before he gets his lower braces on tomorrow morning. Then it is off to work as usual.
Have a great day!

Hello Amelia: Sounds like you are doing a little better today. Have a good workout. I am feeling my upper PUB workout from yesterday. Today looks like a run around the block. It is going to be quite hectic later.

Hello to everyone I missed. Have a great workout and day! BBL Heidi

Hey guys. Turns out I have a free morning....somebody is home sick at my friend's house, so I can't get in there to clean.

Belinda-you should be FINE with 65# barbell for LL. DO IT, girl! I so love that workout and have it planned for tomorrow (I think, lol).

Sorry to hit and run. With all my new-found free time this AM, I want to get a few things done.

Gayle

Hey girls,just popping in while my breakfast digest:)

Gayle-enjoy your free time

Belinda-enjoy LL!

Stepanie-What workout are you doing today? Im feeling a bit better,thanks!

Heidi-enjoy your run around the block!

Good Morning to everybody i missed,bb after my WO!

Hi girls,

Sherry** enjoy your GS CT today!

Gayle** great workout is morning! Thanks for the advice! I need to switch things up a bit! Getting bored on the BF! Glad your toe is feeling better!

Amelia** enjoy your PW on the TM and PH UB today! How are you feeling today?

Stephanie** good morning! What are your plans for today? Have a great day!

Heidi** hope you find a BB! Have fun with your workout today!

Need more coffe! LOL!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Amelia, I forgot to post my WO!!! I started at 5:30am and got-R-done at 6:41am! Kickbox/Legs and Abs! Sweat was flying! I wore weighted gloves and man what a difference 2# makes! The speed-bag arms was a killer! I wore my HRM and just during the warm-up got up to 151! Then the watch stopped...I think the gloves may have pushed the STOP button. But that's okay! I know I burned lots!

Hey Belinda! Hope you enjoy LL! Go heavy girl!

bbl

Wow stephanie,AWESOME workout girl!!! High fives to YOU!!!

i forgot to mention my docs visit yesterday.....this is a copy and paste from my other thread(sorry:))

My docs appt went well,i talked to him about my little dramatic episodes that i was having(don't think i told you girls about them? just would have emotional meltdowns every couple of weeks,not normal for me...had sad feeling too )anyways,i kinda figured it was a touch of depression so he gave me a months worth of an antidepressant,Lexapro and then i would have to go see him in another month. All of these weird feelings started about 3mnths ago when my DH started his new job/new hours. Oh,and he gave me a strep throat test and it was negitive and said for me to take clariton or another OTC antihistamine. I will also start a diet program with him after i get my moods/mind right. He wants to work on one problem at a time,LOL...it seems i have multiple problems LOL

I wasn't going to mention this as i feel i have whinned enough about my problems! Im not really sure i want to take an antidepressant but if it will make me feel better im willing to give it a try. And i did alot of research on it last night and seems to be pretty safe?

OK,i must start my workout...hugs to everybody...

Amelia, it sounds like you have a Dr. who really seems to care about his patients! I am glad you were able to come clean with him. Keep us posted on your progress! It sounds like you are on the right track!

Good morning ladies! Last night I did another 3 mile run and then some leg work with DH. My high point though was when I did 3 chin-ups in a row. I know pathetic, but for me it was a personal best! lol ;)

Gayle - Glad you are shin pain free! Hopefully, your DVD's come today!!!

Sherry - The Panera cinnamon crunch bagel is the one I was resisting on Monday. I LOVE those things! They are especially good if you microwave them for a few seconds...yum!

Belinda - Have fun with your leg workout!

Amelia - Glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

Hello to Heidi, Stephanie and all to follow!

Good Morning:)

Today is a cardio day for me. Not sure which one yet but I'm sure it will be a good one.

Kathy - Did you get my PM I sent yesterday? Let me know.

Amelia - I went through a phase a few years ago, moody, depressed, angry, irritable. I went to my endocrinologist and talked with her about it. She gave me some anti-depressants to take, which I never did, because it as it turned out my thyroid levels were totally out of whack. That was what was causing all my symptoms. Go figure.

BB after my workout

Morning!
Last night DH and I went for a 7.5 mile bike ride before dinner. What fun now that his cardio endurance is picking up. I had the bike up to 23 mph a couple of times just to see how fast I could push it, lol.

This morning I ran 4 miles using one of my favorite iTreads (iTread 14 – 45 minutes). Then I did the stretch segment of Drillmax and some more stretching on my own.

I am SO tired today….emotionally and physically. Not quite sure what’s going on with that, I normally have tons of energy. I normally feel these “dips” on Wednesday after really long runs or lots of weekend exertion. I only have one more short run tomorrow and some upper body work and then I’m taking Friday and Saturday as rest days. I was supposed to have another swimming lesson Saturday afternoon but I think I’m going to reschedule so I can head up early to pick up my marathon packet. The race is about 100 miles away from me so I’ll be staying in a hotel overnight.

I’m also having some issues with my “good” leg (it started on Tuesday of last week). The inside calf is tight and bugging the heck out of me! I think my PF on that foot is acting up a little and my calf is trying to compensate for it. I have these off and on again small injuries that seem to come back to haunt me every now and then. Let’s see, I’ve had PF and ITband issues in my right leg and a torn ACL in my left. Nothing really painful (other than the surgery), just VERY annoying….

Anyway, I’ll try to get back later in the afternoon for personals (after I’ve had a couple of cups of coffee, lol!) Carolyn, I did get a PM from you yesterday and replied (but if you sent a second PM, I didn’t get it). If you didn't get my PM back to begin with, let me know and I'll reply again. Thanks!

Kathy

Hi everyone! Just a hit and run for me right now!

No, I didn't use my tanner last night. I completely forgot about it, actually. I was so tired last night for some reason. I slept like a baby! I woke up and said to myself "Hey, I slept through the night!!!" :7 I usually have no trouble sleeping, but the past couple of weeks have been awful.

I'll BBL for personals.

Good Morning Ladies!

Still living without my laptop so I have to hop on internet when I can at work (I'm in healthcare and work at a large Boston hospital).

Anyway, today was my weigh in after completing week #1 of 12. I lost 3.8 pounds, which I expected as the first week of strict, clean eating is always a shock to the body. But I am very focused and will keep up my efforts at the clean eating. I would have to sat that I ate 78% clean last week. In fact, just by eliminating the social drinks makes a big difference: #1 because I'm not as puffy and #2 because my energy level for a quality workout the next day is high.

Today's workout's workout was inspired by Steph's Monday workout:

HIS, chest and back.

Nutritional plan:
M1- BSN Banana Nut Bread protein shake...tomorrow I have to change up but it is so addictive. I just ordered the Chocolate Fudge Pudding flavor...anybody have this one???
M2- Yogurt w/ bran buds
M3- 4oz grilled chix patty w/ garden salad, Ken's Light all wrapped in ww/flax
M4- Fresh fruit and 3oz swiss cheese
M5- Baked haddock w/ Ezekiel bread crumb topping, lemon, fresh balsamic green beans
M6- If I do a 2 mile walk with Hubby and dog, will have 1/2 portion chocolate chip protein pancakes, SF maple

I am going to test drive Tosca's "Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins" for a snack. The good news is that my Hubby is getting inspired w/ all the good eating!

Have a super productive day BFL's!

Sue

Hi Sue. You work in Boston?!!! I live in northeastern MA!! Great job on your weight loss!! That's AWESOME.. I have BSN Chocolate Fudge Pudding. It's good! Let me know how the Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins come out. I keep looking at them in the cookbook but haven't tried them yet.

BTW, your menu looks :9 !!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.