BFL Wed - 1/16

Sherry K

Cathlete
Happy Wednesday!

Lower Body – GS Legs. I do like standing leg work so much better than floor.

Today needs to be quick, gotta get everyone moving and out the door. Didn’t do all the night before stuff last night because both kids had scouts.

Susan – I remember the one time during the 4 years that I lived in Memphis that the city shut down due to one inch of snow (the most during those 4 years)! LOL!

Michelle – You are the early bird! Keep it up and the results will get even better.

Belinda – I’m sure between DH, you, and a few other guys, someone will get your MP3 working! Find a teenager – somehow they always know what to do! LOL!

Gayle – Overslept? I’ve got a four-legged that prevents that from happening. She’s more used to getting up than me.

Melissa – Hopefully not too much longer for your DH and his situation.

Heidi – If your DH is like mine, he dwells on things for what seems FOREVER! Hope yours isn’t that bad.

Kathy – I’ve forgotten, but when is the marathon that you are training for and which one?.

Jennifer – (((Big hug))) for you and your knee.

Jean – At first it was hard getting in all 6 meals. I really think that last one has been one of the keys to keep the metabolism stoked. It’s gets easier as you get more used to your schedule.

Smiles to all – we’ll make through hump day.

Good morning, Sherry. Great job on GS Legs. I love that workout (seems I say that about all workouts, lol). Have a great day!

Thanks to Michelle, I was up earlier than normal. And that's a GOOD thing! lol I did BFL upper body and increased my weights again today. I really am trying to hit that max, so I'm squeeking up the poundage a bit. I was going to add on a run, but I don't want to veer too far away from BFL plan too much, so I decided to finish with a stretch instead (I'll get my run fix tomorrow).

Here are a few quotes I like on perseverance:

[font color=purple]
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. ~Josh Billings

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.~Newt Gingrich

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. ~Buddhist Saying[/font]​

Have an AWESOME DAY!

Gayle

Good morning girls,

I got up early this morning and did 4DS " All upper body weights" 67 min. My arms are fried!

Sherry**way to go on the GS legs this morning! I need to pull that one out! I do going to aked a teenager if they can help me with my MP3 player!

Gayle** great job on BFL upper body and increasing your weight this morning!^^$! I like your quotes!

Have a good one!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning ladies!!

I'm not sure which I'm more proud of ... that I got my workout done or that I typed "personals" last night on yesterdays thread!! he he!!!

Okay, I did PUB. Wow, the weights Cathe uses!! ugh!! I did okay until we got to the end -- the biceps are a KILLER!! Cathe does 10/12/15/12/10 -- I did 5/8/10/8/5 -- and it is so hard I just couldn't move up!! The funny thing is you can tell how hard that set is for Cathe -- this is the one she has the "outer body experience" -- she is so funny!!

Belinda - isn't it funny how smart teenagers are with all the electrical stuff!!

Gayle - love your quotes -- and thanks for not standing me up! :)

Sherry - I don't have GS legs - I need that one!!

Michelle

Good morning ladies.

Michelle-I agree...that bicep chapter is KILLER!

Jennifer-I actually HAVE the audio time keepers. I bought them at the very beginning of my first challenge. I haven't used them yet! LOL I tried to use one of the cardio time keepers during an outdoor run, but the tempo of that one (there are 4 levels on that cardio one) was slower than I was running and I just turned it off! LOL BUT...I think I may have to try the weight one. This morning I forgot my watch and had to estimate that minute's rest, but the weight time keeper cues you for your next set. Sorry I can't help more than that! LOL

Gayle

Michelle** I also agree... the biceps in PUB is a KILLER! Do you want to know a another KILLER upper body workout? Try the 4DS " All upper Body weights" 67min.! I can hardly lift my arms! It reminds me of PUB workout! Give it a shot! Glad you had a great workout this morning!

Belinda

Belinda-I may have to try that out. Maybe I'll preview that premix tonight just for fun!

Gotta scoot to the busstop! See you all this afternoon!

Gayle

Hi everyone! Just finished my mini eggwhite quiches...:9 !! For the past three nights, I have been starving even after meal #6. I've been going to bed hungry every night and it is taking everything I have to stay out of the kitchen. What's up with that? Shouldn't 6 meals be enough?!?!

Sherry - I love GS legs. I might do that one tonight now that you mention it ;-) !

Gayle - I love the postage stamp quote!

Michelle - I love that part in PUB when Cathe is really struggling with biceps..}( . It makes me feel better for some reason!

Belinda - how was 4DS all upper body? I keep saying I'm going to try it, but I haven't yet. Is it a long workout?

Gotta get ready to get out the door. BBL.

Melissa** the 4DS all upper body premix is 87 min. long with out warm up and stretch! Cathe uses really heavy weights and she uses the pyramid system! It is a tough workout! I was sweating buckets! I was lifting very heavy, I keep up with Cathe! LOL! My arms are fried!
Enjoy you work and workout today!

Belinda

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

Still struggling to eat clean, but I am going to do this! I know with all your help and motivation I can & will!! Had everything packed for the gym this morning, and still didn't get out of bed early, how do you all do it? Today at lunch I am going to hit the treadmill. Maybe start C25k, what do you think...you think it's okay w/ my knee? I guess I might be pushing it, huh? I love to run, but my knees don't :(

Sherry~ Great job getting your workout in. I love GS Legs, but my knee doesn't.. :( I'm with you on the floor work, but It seems I am going to have to start liking it real soon. Dang, it sucks to get old! LOL

Gayle~ LOL, is there any workouts you don't love..? :) Great job on UB this morning. I don't know how you do it girl!! I saw the PA/NJ possible get together on Tracker. I better get my rear in gear if I would like to join you all, huh? Thanks for the quotes!

Belinda~ Great work getting in 4DS! Have a great night!!!

Michelle~ Good job on PUB. I know how you feel...I'm normally okay until the Bicep work...This one gets me everytime..and usually Cathe makes me laugh, and I can hardly make it through.. LOL I'm okay w/ the chest presses w/ Cathe weight, but when it comes to flies I need to go lower. This is where it is hard to keep up b/c she goes right into each other.

BBL~ Take Care-

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Hi all- hope everyone is doing well! Going to do upper body today. I managed to get in my first meal this morning. It's not the last one I have a problem with- it's the first one with all the running around to get everyone out the door!!

Anyone have yummy snack ideas for something kind of crunchy that I could have at night? I'm finding that's the hardest time for me!
TIA!

Have a great day everyone!
Jean

Belinda -

I forgot about the 4DS all upper body. I hae done it before and loved it. I was looking to change up my upper body w/o today and this is it!! I have been doing PUB for the past two weeks and really need a change.

Thanks for the post:)

Carolyn

Morning!
I did a BFL Lower body workout (with my add ons) and Amy Bento abs. I have to run up to Sports Authority for lunch and get some more 10 lb. plates (I need Olympic for my barbell and standard for my leg extension). I’m hoping I can get them on sale! I need the standard the most so if they’re not….I’ll just get a couple of those.

Sherry – the GS standing legs section is probably my favorite of all Cathe’s leg work. PLB is my second favorite. I’m running the New Jersey Marathon which is May 4th.

Gayle – Great job on the BFL Upperbody! I have a question for you. Do you change up your exercises on the BFL workouts? I’ve done the same exercises for 3 weeks and I’m thinking of changing a couple of them for weeks 3-6 (for some variety). Oh, and I’m following a marathon training plan I printed out from Runnersworld.com. It’s pretty cool, you input your last race time, mileage you want to run, effort, long run day, and it’ll give you a plan. I started it on 1/14/07 (with some modifications of my own, I’m good for that too, lol). I used a plan from Hal Higdon a couple of times and another time I used a plan from a book called (4 Months to a 4 Hour Marathon). It had some high mileage in that one! I did several 20+ mile runs (peaking at 23 miles). Yikes! I do hit my first 20 miler on week 12 of BFL, though…..

Belinda – I LOVE the 4DS Upper Body Premix! I did it several times and it FRIED me! Were you able to figure out the MP3 player? Some of them require you to install software to run them.

Michelle – I am always amazed at how tough PUB is when I don’t do it for awhile. The biceps section is THE hardest segment, IMO too.

Melissa – Hang in there with the hunger….I’m feeling it too. I try to have something hot to drink after my last meal to fill my stomach up. Maybe try some herbal tea or coffee (if you drink it). For some reason, caffeine curbs my appetite at night.

Jennifer – I hope the knee is feeling better. Is the injection helping with the pain? I’d give it a week before I started the C25K plan just to make sure some of the inflammation went down. I totally sympathize on the knee issues, they really do s*ck! I still have some stiffness in my left knee from the ACL reconstruction 18 months ago. They tell me it could take up to 2 years for that to go away.

Kathy G

Kathy - I think I will try some green tea at night. Thanks for the tip! Maybe that will curb my hunger.

I think the problem is that my last meal/snack is usually around 8:30ish and I stay up until about 11:00. So my body is ready for another snack by then.:eek:

Belinda - I hear you on needing a change from PUB/PLB. I've been doing them for the past few weeks. I love those workouts, but I really need a change. I love the 4DS Leg work as well, but it's a little too short. My next UB is Friday night. I'm going to try the 4DS one since I can workout a little longer on Friday nights. I'll let you know if my arms are FRIED on Saturday!!!!

Jean - something crunchy that you could have at night. Hmmmm, nothing comes to mind immediately, but if I think of anything, I'll let you know. Nighttime is the hardest for me too!

Just a little sidenote: I am feeling great today! I put on my dress pants this morning and they are nice and loose and comfy around my waist. I'm not really seeing any changes yet, but I sure am feeling them today!!

Okay, have to try to get some work done...:-( . BBL, of course!! During work hours of course!!:p

Morning!
Quick post. My good friend is having her baby today so I have been busy wtih that. Low Max done this morning..headed to class. bbs

Hi again!!!

Belinda - The 4DS upper body sounds awesome -- I am for sure going to do that!! Oh my gosh, you keep up with Cathe? We have another superwoman here ladies!!!

Melissa - I hear you -- I'm ALWAYS hungry. Must be all those heavy weight we are lifing. Wow, you stay up LATE!! I'm in bed by 9:00 -- and everyone wonders how it is that I've been getting up at 4:30. he he. Way to go on the dress pants! You should be on cloud nine all day!!

Jennifer - I also have problems with the chest flies. I'll try that next time, go down in those then back up for press. Okay, how are we going to get you out of bed?? How do I do it? I've been going to bed REALLY early -- that is the ONLY way for me!!

Michelle -- oops that's me again. Har har. I know, I'm really NOT that funny!! :)

Kathy - Have fun at Sports Authority -- love that store. Good job on the workout - I really need to add some ab workouts in!! Okay, caffeine at night?? I'll do almost anything to curb this hunger -- but I also don't want to be up late. Maybe the caffeine will curb my hunger during the day!! :)

Carolyn - I love the pyramids too -- but also getting burned out -- let's both take Belinda's advice -- you too Gayle -- it will be fun for ALL of us!!

Jean - I'm hungry in the morning - but also was having trouble with the first meal -- not eating it, but making it BFL friendly. ha ha!!I have finally settled for a shake. They are actually pretty good. I would have to say a chocolate truffle shake in the morning really gets me going! mmmmm

Susan - Way to go on low max. Have fun meeting your friend's new baby - that is so much fun!!

Gayle - We love your quotes!!!!

Gotta run!
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.