BFL Tuesday 4/22

Sherry K

Cathlete
It’s another beautiful day. I really must have spring fever.

I blew it last night. I was only going to have one drink(which I did), but then the popcorn came out, and after that the appetizer tray. While I was downing the very unclean food, I gained a marathon relay team for October’s Detroit marathon. How’s that for some new found motivation?! (I’d much rather gain a relay team than a pound or two!)

Today was MuscleMax lower body only. I thought those reps would never end. I felt the burn! I matched Cathe this time, but think I’ll go heavier next time! I'll do core tonight.

Amelia – I’m sure you are getting great advice from Fitness Freak. And I’m sure you’ll see results as fabulous as hers if you follow them.

Michelle – Yes, going back to what was working can be the key. Keep up those early mornings.

Stephanie – Which 4DS did you do? My favorites are Kickbox for cardio and the shoulders for weights.

Gayle – Hope you find your mojo in time for the race. And I hope those little piggies heal up quickly. I know how frustrating it can be. I finally got mine back!

Heidi – I didn’t get to watch the marathon, but we hear quite a bit about it due to Hanson-Brooks being here in town. The “usuals” for the weekly runs at the running store say those guys leave them in the dust – yet that’s what I feel about these “usuals.”

Kathy – Keep resting to prepare for your upcoming race. We’ll be cheering you one.

Belinda – Hope you enjoyed your rest day and sleeping in.

Melissa – Here’s hoping today isn’t as exhausting as yesterday. Sending (((hugs)))

Sue – Very good on the meals and the workouts. You go, girl!

Carolyn – Here’s to a new start (toasting a protein shake your way)!

Have a good sweaty workout and a bright sunny day!

Morning girls

Today is PUB with abbs and then a 30min PW on the TM.

I enjoyed my rest day yesterday,i caught up on laundry and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom real good so im ready to get back to it today}(

Sherry-Great job with MM! High fives!Yay on the new Marathon relay team!!!

bbl

Good morning ladies!

Just got my 20 minutes of HIIT done on the elliptical. Yahooo - ready to start my day!!

I downloaded "Proud" on my i-pod. Geez, what a loser I am! har har (for those of you that don't know, Proud is the theme song to Biggest Loser.)

Sherry - way to match Cathe on the weights!! Hey, maybe that popcorn motivated you to lift more. :) How cool that you got a relay team going!

Amelia - Enjoy your workout.

Melissa - Been thinking about ya! Hope you have a better day!

Be back in a bit!
Michelle

Good morning!

Sherry, glad you enjoyed MM! Matching Cathe and going heavier next time? WOW!!! Good for you!
Enjoy your spring day!

Amelia, Have fun with PUB!
When you power-walk, what is your max speed? Do you keep the same speed the whole time? I've never done this and would like to start.

ETA: Michelle, We posted at the same time. Great job on the elliptical! Hope your day is a great one!

Today is 4DS Kickbox and Legs/Core for me!

bbl

Good Morning,

Today I will do legs, either GS or B&G. I maintained my clean eating yesterday. YEAH!! I just have to get through a few days of it and then it's smooth sailing.

Sherry -Thanks for the toast:p

Amelia - Enjoy your workout today!

Michelle - Great job on your HIIT workout. I need to incorporate more HIIT myself.

Stephanie - Have fun with Kickbox

Need to wake DD up and get her ready for school. Last day of CRCT testing. HOORAY!!

Hello to everyone

BBL,

Morning!
I ran 5.75 miles this morning using Cardio Coach #7. Fun stuff! I also tacked on an Ab Hits segment (PS Legs).

My right ankle is acting up today...it feels a little sore and tight. Not sure what's going on. The only thing I can think of that I did different lately is biking outdoors. It's the foot I use to "stop." :(

BBL for personals, I'm sweating all over the computer here. :)

Kathy

Michelle-don'tcha just love those short cardios:)

Stephanie-When i PW i start off at 3.0 for 3mins then i bump it up slowly to 4.0!! I have PW on a 4.2 speed but found that a widdle insane for my short legs! If im feeling sparky i will use different inclines:eek:;-).then i'll slow down to a 3.0 about three minutes befroe i finish to cool down! I LOVE PW,i find it easier on my knees than running!

Kathy-Great job on your 5.75miles and abb work! I need to get my but moving and...like we say in the south,get-r-done!

Carolyn-High fives on your clean eating yesterday! I remember you asking me a couple of days ago if I was planning on going to the gtg at Lories...I am! Did i already answer you on that? I can't remember? LOL! Are you planning on going?

Hey to everybody!

I forgot to mention this morning that IAM SO PROUD of myself,i went into the kitchen last night and actually started to cut me a slice of cake(left over from the weekend)and scoop out some icecream:eek:. I did a reality check and PUT IT ALL BACK!...yay me! It was SO HARD too,LOL:+. Instead I made me some NSA hot chocolate:9
bbl

Amelia - ^^^^^5's on putting that cake back! That takes massive will-power!

Carolyn - ^^^^^5's to you on eating clean all day yesterday. I almost made it. I was thisclose..:(

Sherry - thanks for the hugs!! Even if today is a horrendous as yesterday, I'm not going to let it get to me. Congrats on finding a marathon relay team!

Michelle - I LOVE THAT SONG!! Now that I know the name of it (thank you very much :7 ), I am putting it on my iPod tonight! YOU ROCK!!

Hi Stephanie and Kathy!!

So, I had a brief love affair with a box of chocolate teddy grahams last night. :eek: Those darn little teddies are good! :p I can't even tell you how many of them I ate since I was eating them by the handful. It was pretty pitiful! Today is a new day though and I AM GOING TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE DAY CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!! That's my goal for today.

M#1: protein pancakes (mixed in a banana this time :9 )
M#2: beef & barley soup
M#3: salad w/white tuna & veggies
M#4: apple & protein shake
M#5: 4 oz steak, sweet potato & corn
M#6: ???

BBL

Good morning, I'm here. Promise. Just a bit frustrated with this whole toe/blister thing and this weekend's run. VERY frustrated.

I ran 1.5 miles this morning and they KILLED, and the one blister was bleeding again! My shins were burning, and I'm SO CONFUSED BY THAT! FRUSTRATED! x( And not sure what to do at this point (I've also posted on the OD about this and my running).

M1: Protein Pancakes
M2: Apple, 2 string cheese
M3: Banana
M4: Grilled Chicken in low carb wrap
M5: tuna in low carb wrap
M6: ??

Sorry to hit and run. Need to walk to work....test out the shins and blisters again.

BBL

Gaylex(

Gayle, Gayle, Gayle -- listen to your body.

Personally, if ANY part of me is bleeding - I'm taking a rest day! :)

Hang in there!

Michelle

Hi again!
Sherry – How cool that you’re planning on a marathon relay! You’ll have to give us more details. ;)

Amelia – I REALLY need to do some Spring cleaning around our house. Hopefully on Saturday I can get some of it done. I’m so tired of looking at the clutter!!! Wow, you do great on the power walking (I’m taller than you and I find 4.0 challenging!)

Michelle – I love that song! I have the version that Celine Dion did on one of her albums. It’s a lot slower than the show’s song but still very nice.

Stephanie – I hope you enjoy your workout! I’m actually a “slower” power walker and I’m not sure why. My top speed is 4.2 mph and I can only hold that for a few minutes. I prefer to walk at 3.8 – 4.0, that’s where I’m comfortable. I’m always amazed at those speed walkers, they can really move their hips! Hmmmm…..maybe that’s my problem, lol. If I’m going that fast, I’d rather run.

Carolyn – GREAT job on keeping it clean!

Melissa – Awwww…..toss those TEDDIES! LOL, they are really good though, I love the cinnamon flavored ones....yummy!

Gayle – I responded to your thread. Girl, stop beating yourself up NOW! Go with your heart and see how you feel this weekend. ((big hug))

Here, here Michelle. :)

Hi to Heidi, Belinda, and Sue and everyone else I may have missed!

Oh, I figured out the culprit for my ankle soreness. I forgot I incline walked yesterday. That always give me grief if I don’t work up to it. I always want to jump right in but should learn to take it slower. Ugh, nothing new until after the marathon.

Kathy

Hi Ladies, it's me, the new kid on the block!

I'm slowly getting to know you and I'm going to make an attempt at personals:

Sherry- OMG, you must have a Yellow lab or retriever, what a hysterical mug your dog has! Very good looking family! I hear you on the drink, I just love a little "social" with my hubby. But I have learned to try and limit it to one cheat night a week where I make up for all the dry days!:D But it is a constant tease especially when the weather is nice or there is any occasion to feel good about. Congrats on your October goal, it's very doable as long as you can train consistently in the heat (Or maybe you train on a TM??)

Amelia- I think I saw you may be doing a FF rotation. I know debbie fairly well as I was on another (different forun) thread w/ her and she is truly Hardcore! I don't see a profile for you, may I ask where you are from? Oh, and good judgement call on the cake!!

Mich- "female, USA", where are you from? Good job getting the HIIT done. I am a believer in the effectiveness of short, intense HIIT. "What have you done today to make you feel Proud?". Are you kidding me? I love that theme song, I drive my hubby crazy at the opening of BL by belting that one outloud!!!

Steph- another adorable lab pup, although maybe he or she is full grown now. I love labs, I have a slightly overweight (muscular) yellow lab named Sid, she has a problem, she thinks she's a human being!! 4D kickbox has really become one of my favorites. When it first came out I poo-pooed it thinking it was too short. But w/ time I have realized it is an outstanding leg/cardio/ab routine. I sometimes repeat the final punching combo x 2 because I get so into it..."jab, cross, jab, upper, hook, upper hook".

Carolyn- another southern belle, Leggie Day today! Here's wishing you some real good booty DOMs! And congrats on a full clean day yesterday, always an accomplishment!

Kathy- Nice job on the cardio coach. So are you having an affair with Sean or are you a Candy girl? A little of both? Stretch that sore ankle out and you should be good to go!

Melissa- what can I say? Your avi and your forum posts remind me of one of my dearest friends. Your consistent posts, bottom line accountability was really what inspired me. Good for you for posting your nutrition (as well as your sins) on a near daily basis. So you were seduced by Teddie!!! They are enticing little critters!

Gayle- Back to the blisters, did you wear different socks? Are your shoes too snug? did you run a farther distance than usual? You did the right thing by releasing the fluid (pressure) from the blister but you may need to give them 24-48 hours to dry and allow the new skin to form. But the good news is, that you should be able to run soon, gob on some vaesline between your skin and socks!

OK, I know there's others, and I'll be getting to you. Have a great eating day everyone and a kickass workout.

BBL,
Sue

Hi ladies! I know several of you from the OD forum and from in person, but I haven't posted here before. My DH and I just started BFL on Sunday. I've had the books for a while, but could never get DH into it until now. We've been planning out our meals and packing everything to get us through the workday and have been doing pretty good so far. Last night DH ran on the Treadmill and I worked out with my JumpSnap. Tonight we're going to do some upper body work. Oh, and we're taking pictures tonight (ack).

I'm curious about the shakes. Has anyone had any "problems" with the Myloplex shakes? I like them ok, but I don't think they like me very much. DH hasn't been feeling too swell after drinking them either. Is it something your system gets used to? We haven't been drinking too many of them, but usually at least 1 a day.

Susan - what sweet things to say!! Thank you. Okay, now you definetly better stick around...:+

Hi Liann!! How cool that you and DH are doing BFL together!! I haven't tried the Myloplex shakes. I'm still working through my tubs of BSN Lean Dessert. Sorry to hear that they don't agree with you and DH. Good luck on your pix tonight...BIG SMILE!!!

Im so Thrilled to see Liann here:7,yay!Liann,i haven't tried the myoplex shakes(still drink bsn)but I know alot of the ladies here drink them,im sure they'll be able to help you out with that! You have joined an awesome bunch of ladies:) And Welcome!!!

Hey to everybody!:) I finished my workout and now im cooking some supper for my DH tonight(he works nights now:-() anyhoot,I will try and bbl!

Sue,so far Im loving FF's Rotation,i did add a little cardio in there! I live in GA,about 35miles West of Atlanta:)! I need to update my profile:+

Thanks everybody for the high fives,i will try and bbl:)

Hi Liann,

Welocme to the BFL thread. I also post over on PYGFO, not regularly lately. I have tried to like the Myoplex shakes. I really don;t care for the taste of them. I have found a really good Protien shake at GNC. It is called Maximum Protien. It is high protien (22G), low calorie(118) and low carb (3). It is not a "meal replacement" that BFL recommends, but I add it to oatmeal, shredded wheat, protien pancakes, etc to get an extra boost. I have tried several other protien shakes and always come back to this one. I prefer the vanilla. I haven't experiences any "problems" drinking this either. There are some brands that will bloat me up and make me feel gassy all day.

Good Luck,

Carolyn-How much does your protein powder cost? Im looking for a protein powder to just go a buy at a store,im tired of ordering things online!

>I'm curious about the shakes. Has anyone had any "problems"
>with the Myloplex shakes?

"Problems"? Do you mean flatulance, rumbling, bloating? Now that you mention it, I think I may experience a little gas. I think I may re-think my Myoplex Lites!!!;)

Oh, and welcome Liann. That's cool you and Hubby are chaleenging together!

Sue

Sue - Let's just say it could also be marketed as a quickly acting Ultra-laxative. ;) I'm still not 100% sure it is the shake though. I'm also suspicious of the fat free sour cream that some of the recipes we have made lately call for and I'm also starting to think that bananas and me do not go together well either.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll try to figure out what's going on here with everyone and do more personals as I go along! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.