BFL Thurs. December 20th...Is it Friday yet??????

HPLECTRA

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone,

I wish it was Friday already! Just want to get this week overwith because it is the last week for DS and DD of school. DD missed her train this morning...again! Drove her to the other train station 2 towns over so she can make her last finale. She will be free from school duties until Feb. My son will be out until he returns from our vacation in mid Jan.

It is snowing here and it is really slippery out. Even my 4WH Truck had it hard on these back roads. School is not delayed or canceled again! They haven't sanded or plowed yet either! This town s.... on being up on keeping things safe for the drivers and students. It is left up to the parents to say it is unsafe and keep their kids home. Hard decision when your not sure if it is going to clear up later or not. :(

Ok...enough! What are your plans for today? I am hoping to get in some sort of exercise program today. Just not sure what yet.

My main goal is to eat clean and drink more water. I feel like I am not getting enough water because the air is so dry.

Ohhhh, give me a break! Britney's sis is pregnant now! Enough of these two! Sick of hearing about them and Paris Hilton. Their parents must not have told them about boys or how to handle themselves properly. My daughter thinks this is just plain stupid.

I will be back later...Have a good morning.:)

G'Morning Heidi :)

More snow, WOW! I wish we would finally get something around here. I'm surprised they don't cancel your schools...we can have very little snow, and we are closed for the day!

Didn't get my workout in last night. By the time I got home last night it was after 7..and then me and BF started...bed angry once again .. :( And then he has the nerve to come up to me this morning and asks if I am still upset .. ??? MEN!! ARGHHHHHH!

Eating wasn't clean yesterday either, but not as bad as it could of been. Stuffed a nice yummy doughnut in my mouth this morning. Good, but I knew I shouldn't of did it. Dang Stress eating!!

Oh well, tonight is BBC Chest/Abs/Cardio!
Few more days to go and the office shuts down for the holiday week.
Woohoo :):)

BBL - Where is Gayle??

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Where's Gayle??? I was a few posts down below you guys! LOL Here's what I posted this morning:

Good morning, ladies. I'm beginning to feel like it's Ground Hog Day...where the same day keeps repeating itself. I get up early, workout, clean up, get the kids up and ready, then I sit on the PC and type the same ol' thing everyday! LOL

Up early, Low Max for HIIT. My feet didn't feel like hi-impact running so I thought LM was an excellent sub!

I'm headed to school early this morning for 4th grade school store, then back home for an hour, then back to school for work. lol Last day of work for me till after the New Year. Kids have a half day tomorrow and then THEY are done too! I got all my wrapping DONE yesterday afternoon, and I'm HAPPY about that. I've never had it done this early before!

OK..bbl

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies!

Looks like the men are getting on the nerves -- oh no! Hang in there! I say go work out and get out your frustrations there!! Me and DH are going to spending a lot more time together the next few weeks -- we both have vacation time -- so maybe my workouts will get pumped up too!! har har!! :)

Okay, I've been having back problems. I'm going to post in the open forums and see if anyone has any advice.

BBL,
Michelle

Gayle -

Just wanted to say to remember us when you are famous. :)

I have a feeling once you post your "Success Story" this BFL thread may get really crowded! he he!

Michelle

Oh, Michelle, LOL! I was embarassed to see my name IN LIGHTS yesterday. I really was. It's wierd, because I was always asking OTHERS about THEIR routine, so to have somebody actually ask ME about mine, I was humbled. I think the Success Board doesn't get viewed very much (although I may be wrong, lol), so maybe I can keep a low profile. Besides, if WE can help others do what we're doing and MAKE IT WORK, then it's all good, right!

By the way, Michelle, have you ever gone to www.goodreads.com? I'm a member there and LOVE IT! It's a free website where you join for free and you can keep track of your books that you read, HAVE read, WANT TO read, etc. Then you can also create a list of friends and you can then see what they are reading, HAVE read, and WANT TO read. I've gotten some really good suggestions from there. And actually, my Book Club that I run at home here is online as well (we're called On A Wild Night Bookclub). It's been great!

Gayle

Hey ladies --

If you see my post in the open forum you'll see I "pulled" my back again last night. UGH!! So, I won't be working out tonight. I really NEED to figure this out, so it doesn't keep happening.

I can't wait to go to goodreads.com -- sounds like exactly what I need!!

Okay, Gayle, can you give me a better breakdown of what you eat? I see you followed the BFL eating "110%". I'm with you on the Groundhog day -- but I do think that helps with your success. I tend to stay more focused when the days are the same and the food is the same. So, I want to get down EXACTLY what I will be eating -- and know that I can tolerate eating it for at least 3 months. How about the soups you always eat -- what recipe are you using?

I'm eating similar to BFL -- and obviously that isn't good enough. So I need to find tune it. Help me out girl!!! I'm also going out to get me a new mixer so I can attempt shakes again. Do you drink those??

Thanks so much. I'm so ready to do this!! :)

Michelle

OK, Michelle....you asked.

First, on the shakes. I bought 2 boxes of Myoplex Light at the beginning of this challenge. I haven't even gotten thru ONE box yet. I begain by drinking one per day, at Meal #2 for Monday thru Friday. And I also ate a Myoplex Lite (or an EAS AdvanteEdge Low Carb bar) each day, Monday thru Friday, for Meal #3 while at work. They were both working for me, and they were so very convenient for my schedule. But as I did more reading, I was reading more and more BFLers saying that 'whole foods' are the NUMBER 1 best thing to eat, shakes take second place, and the bars take a DISTANT third. I was reading how the bars fulfill the carb/protein requirement, but that the sugar alcohols and other things in there play with your system sometimes (NOT ALWAYS). Again, the bars were working and they filled me up for that meal, so I have not sworn them off, I just wanted to make one adjustment to see if I could work around eating them. The shakes....I just recently started doing the same thing...eating a whole food meal in its place, but I still drink a shake perhaps 3 times per week.

On the rest of my diet. Here is a list of meals that I eat, and I've categorized them on Meal #.

Meal 1 (breakfast)....ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE FULL HOUR after my workout, usually around 7:20am:
3 Mini Egg Quiche with a slice or 2 of Weight Watchers wheat bread
4 Protein pancakes (average size)
Myoplex Lite Shake
Meal 2...usually around 9:30am
Chicken Salsa Wrap (in a lo carb whole wheat wrap) with steamed veggies
Tuna in a lo carb wrap with steamed veggies or carrot stix
Myoplex Lite Shake (if I didn't have one for breakfast)
Meal 3...at work, usually around 12:30pm
Bar (in the first half of my challenge)
4 Protein Pancakes (in the second half of my challenge)
Meal 4...usually around 3pm
Soup, chili, stew (that I prep on Sunday for the week)
Chicken Salsa Wrap
3 Mini Egg White Quiches with slice or 2 of Weight Watchers toast
Meal 5 (dinner)...usually around 5-6pm
Lean protein, anything including salmon, mahi mahi, tilapia, haddock, chicken; PLUS veggies and a side carb of brown rice, baked sweet potato or on occasion pasta (pasta is usually my last choice)
Meal 6...usually around 8pm
Small Gala apple with 2 or 3 lo fat string cheese (lately, I've been cutting out the apple and just eating the string cheese)

I hope that help some. This is pretty much exactly what I eat every single day. I make a different soup, stew or chili each week, and have it on hand for the entire week. THIS IS MY FAVORITE thing to eat (besides the string cheese) and the soups just fill you right up!

NOW.....I have compiled a Word document with a few recipes. I can email it to you guys if you'd like. It has recipes for the Egg Quiches, the Salsa Chicken, 3 (I think) soups that I've been making these last few weeks, and the Protein Pancakes. If you PM me your email address, I'll send that off to you.

I'm VERY VERY conscientious (how do you spell that word? lol) about portion sizes, and I don't even LICK my fingers or the spoon when making something for the kids. I know ME well ENOUGH to know that one lick turns to sticking my head in the bowl and licking it clean! LOL I'm VERY strict during the week. It REALLY REALLY helps to know that Sunday is Free Day and I can eat whatever the HECK I WANT! LOL AND I DO.....I haven't restricted myself AT ALL on Free Day. And I've still gotten the results I've been getting.

NOW...are you sorry you asked? HA! PM me your email if you'd like the recipes!

Gayle

I'm so NOT sorry I asked!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I also eat the SAME thing almost everyday. So I just need to tweak in a few placed. Get rid of the cheese on my turkey sandwich -- eat soup for a meal, etc. I feel like just a few of these things are holding me back. I also need to up my water intake and do away with the couple of glasses of wine a week. All of this seems so "do-able" :)!!!

I can't thank you enough! Yes I want the recipes. I'm starting in January!!

Thanks for hand-holding -- some of us just need more guidance than others!

Michelle

Believe me, Michelle, I asked PLENTY of questions over at Tracker and I check the site there several times a day. I read everything the verteran BFLers post, and ask as many questions as I can. BE SURE to let me know when exactly you are starting your challenge in January, because Challenge #2 starts for ME in January as well!

One note on the recipes.....I'll send them to you next. Please note that in the soup recipes, I always ALWAYS bulk them up by adding more veggies than it calls for. MOst of my recipes start by sauteing some carrots, onions, peppers, and/or onions in non-stick cooking spray. I always ALWAYS add more (and sometimes if a recipe, like the Beefy Chili recipe, doesn't call for carrots or celery, I toss them in anyway) than it calls for. This bulks the recipe up with 'free' veggie/calories, making the portions just a bit bigger OR it keeps the portions the SAME but it makes more servings. DOes that make sense???

OK...off to email you that document. I'll add to it as I come across more recipes and/or concoctions! lol

Gayle

Hello to you all,

Just checking in to see what has been happening with you all today.

Michelle: Sorry to hear about your back troubles.:( I hope you can get some info from other members as to how they handle this.

Jennifer: Sorry to hear about your lousy night. Things will be better soon. Get in your exercise so you can burn off some of that stress. ;-)

Gayle: Your name in lights! Wow! (I would feel a little shy too.;-) ) Way to go though!
Yes! I would also love to have some of your recipes.:9

:( Still haven't had a chance to get in a workout today. Just too darn busy! I got my DS off to school and then came home to work AGAIN on the washer that was broken down. This is becoming a pain in my bee-hind (as if I don't have enough pain there already from the fall) My DS and I worked on it with my husband directing us. It is now fixed again. (See how long it lasts this time)

Well...it is now late and I have to get up early. Check in with you all in the AM. Have a good night.
:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.