BFL for Thu Mar 06th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good moring girls,

I will do 4DS LIS and abs!

Stephanie** NO! I still haven’t opened the BB set! The reason why I haven’t open it, we in the military have a weight allowance (we can ship only so much weight to and from the US), since we are thinking shipping our whole household in May (I left all my furniture in our house in El Paso with my kids!) from the US to Germany! The BB does weigh an extra 300 pounds! I do have a bowflex machine and a BB set (which I don’t like) in the states! Thanks for the recipe!

Carolyn** I have been checking on line on lighter bar, put they are quick expensive just for the bar alone! Maybe you can find on in a sports store a lot cheaper?

Melissa** no more GS cookies!

Hi to everyone that follows today!

Have a great workout and healthy day!BBL!
Belinda

Good morning Belinda! Great workout for you today! Have you walked the pups yet?

Today is itread, not sure which one though.

Good morning to all that follow!

bbl

Hello,Hello...I don't know why I said goodbye--so I say Hello!......Hello-Hello!

Honestly,if im doing BFL i should really be checking in with you guys...I hope you don't mind?(and if your confused right now,i checked in for a short period of time but couldn't handle all of my checkins)

Anyways :) I will do my best to check in and be supportive:)

I understand from Belinda that everybody is doing the 4DS series right now?(or did I read that wrong?LOL-happens alot) I don't have it :-((I know sad,LOL) but it will be mine one day:7;-)

Can I still check in with you guys!?!?!? I promise I will stay this time!!!;-)

Todays workout is a 30 min HIIT on the TM!

Good Morning to Everybody:)

Good morning, everyone. I'm having a terrible time getting going this morning. I keep getting up early on cardio days and then can't seem to get my energy up to do it. It's another one of those days when I'm flipping through my DVD binder completely uninspired. I think I'll just wait until I get my oldest off to school and then do it. For some reason I can get right out of bed and do weights, but not cardio. I used to be able to get up and jog, but I can't jog on my bad knees. I guess that was easier because I didn't have to use my brain much. Seems like I've heard that it's better to do cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon--but not for me, perhaps.

Amelia, Hi! Sorry I disappeared from the other check-in. I've been going through a phase where I'm burned out on so many check-ins. I actually thought about not checking in anywhere today, but I'm here anyway. I think several people are doing 4DS now, but I'm not (because I just recently did a rotation of that). For now I'm following BFL workouts pretty closely or doing Pyramids. Well, lower body not so much since I'm still in physical therapy for my knees.

Belinda, I remember that dilemma about how much weight to ship back when we moved back to the U.S. from Europe. I had to get rid of all kinds of stuff to make sure we didn't have too much. I think maybe you should keep looking a bit before you open that heavy bb set.

Stephanie, do you have a treadmill to do iTreads on? I keep telling DH we need a stationary bike for me with my wonky knees, but he hasn't bit yet. I buy plenty of stuff on my own, but don't feel comfortable buying something like that if we don't both agree.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Lainie, yes, we purchased one about 3 weeks ago. I love it! I hope you can convince hubby that you need a bike. What does the PT say about using a stationary bike? Maybe if she recommends you get one, that would help in your/his decision? Cardio is hard for me to start in the morning too. I find, for me, to make my plans for the whole week so when I get up in the morning I know what I'm supposed to do. Good luck! ;-)

Amelia, welcome back! It's good to see your ticker going down...down!!! Congratulations!

Morning!
Quick hit and run again today. I have one more day of training at work...whew!

I ran 6 miles this morning using iTread 24 Run Intervals. I had planned on 7 miles but didn't have time so I'll tack a mile on to Saturday's run. Oh, my running shorts were falling down today! My body fat is dropping (even though the scale isn't moving very fast). Grrrr....

Have a great day,
Kathy

Hi girls,

I am having a bad morning; my DVD player isn’t working anymore! I had to hock up my computer to my TV! The only thing I couldn’t figure out was the volume! I needed a hearing aid!Aww! Anyway, I still got my workout in! Later I will go to the store and buy other DVD player!

Stephanie** I will walk the dogs after I shower and lunch! How did you training go with your personal trainer?

Amelia** are you still with us? I hope so! And , no not everybody is doing the 4DS! You can do whatever you want to do!

Lainie** get up and do your workout, girl! No, crying here! I never feel like working out, put I just do it! It makes me feel so much better!

Kathy** great job on your 6 miler this morning! Enjoy workout!

Off to take a shower and eat something! BBL after my doggie walk!
Belinda

>Lainie, yes, we purchased one about 3 weeks ago. I love it!
>I hope you can convince hubby that you need a bike. What does
>the PT say about using a stationary bike? Maybe if she
>recommends you get one, that would help in your/his decision?
>Cardio is hard for me to start in the morning too. I find,
>for me, to make my plans for the whole week so when I get up
>in the morning I know what I'm supposed to do. Good luck!
>;-)

Stephanie, yep, the PT says I can do a stationary bike, and doesn't want me doing anything high impact or anything. DH is just very CHEAP. Yeah, I have a rotation planned out for 4 weeks at a time, but that doesn't mean I'm motivated to do that particular workout when I drag my carcass out of bed. :p

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Good Morning,

I am a bundle of nerves today. I just submitted an application to college for my DS. He graduates from high school in 9 WEEKS!! I don't know about the rest of you who have been through this, but I am soooo stressed out and anxious over the whole process. He won;t have any problem getting accepted but it's just the fact that my baby is all grown up and will be a college student soon. YIKES!!

On to better things, today will be cardio as well. I may follow Belinda and do 4DS LIS.

BBL,

Carolyn

Carolyn, I'm not there yet, 2 1/2 more years! I feel for you! Let us know the outcome!

Okay, I know we aren't supposed to cry here, but I'm going to! x( The scale says I'm up 4 pounds, from YESTERDAY! What's up with THAT? My pants still fit, I'm eating right and exercising...did I gain 4#'s of muscle last night...NOT...WAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA.

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Welcome back Amelia!:) What do you have on your schedule for today?

Belinda: Does this mean that you weren't able to do your workout this morning? :-(
Did your DH make it home ok yesterday?
I picked up my DH at the airport late last night. We were all up until around 2am! I am soooo exhausted today.
DS is dragging big time and he is going to school shortly.
DH is now up and gettng ready for the day. He will be stopping into work for a short time.

Stephanie: Darn those 4#'s! Must be the scale! Or TOM thing???? Drink more water to flush out any water retention.
which iTread are you planning on today? I will be doing #17. This is a new one for me.

Kathy: Great job on your 6 miles this morning. Oooh time to get smaller shorts! Might have to if your running in races...don't want a wardrobe malfuntion.;-)

Lainie: I fell exhausted most of the time in the morning..but once I start my workout I just fall into it. By the end I am full of energy and feel much better. As the sloggan for Nike says...JUST DO IT! :)

Hello Carolyn and all who follow.
Carolyn: I felt just like you when my DD was headed off to college. Between excitement and saddness. She was going to be living on campus and far away from home. Excited for her for something new and meeting new people interested in the same subjects.
All I can say is try to be brave. :)

BBL Heidi:)

Lainie-Did you ever get that bike you wanted? That would be perfect for your knee's!

ETA-lol,nevermind,just read ^^^! I do hope you can talk your DH into buying one soon...we as mothers deserve some toys of our own:)

Carolyn-my oldest is 6 so not there yet,but i can imagine it must be very hard and stressfull! yes,let us know the outcome!

Stephanie-Thanks for the congrats and the welcome back! Sorry your scale is being evil today,are the batteries old or something? I wouldn't worry about it(i know,easier said that done)its got to be water!!!!

Hey to everybody else!Im wating for DH to wake so i can get my workout in x(

Hi Amelia,

I am waiting to get to my workout as well. My DH is leaving and I have to drop off DS at school.

I will be back later to check-in again. Heidi

Hello Melissa,Michelle,Rhonda,Gayle,Sherry and Christina!:7
Gosh I hope I didn't forget anyone else! If I did sorry.:)

WHO ATE THOSE COOKIES?:eek:

Hey Heidi....i just got back from dropping off DD at school! Did i hear you say COOKIES....??? What kind of cookies,I like cookies:9 Atleast talking about them won't make me gain weight,LOL

bbl

Ok Melissa....where are you? Your not hiding from us for eating 2 GS cookies I hope.:)
I thought you got rid of them.

What workout are you doing today? If you want to make up for those small indulgences add in some push-ups.;-)

Have a great day everyone! BBL after my workout.
Heidi :7

Hey guys. Super quick for me. I slept in. I slept 'funny' last night. I woke up around 3am with my night stand light on (I read before I go to sleep), TV on, glasses still on my nose. But instead of 'correcting' myself, I fell right back to sleep like that. LOL And then I tossed and turned all night! What's with THAT? LOL Then I turned off the alarm, so I hit the TM after the kids got on the bus. But now the later workout pushes everything else back! HA! SO...time to go dry my hair before it sticks straight up. BBL sometime to catch up!

Gayle

Hi everyone!

Heidi - I'm here! If you say that a set of push-ups will redeem myself for eating 2 GS cookies, then I'll do it! I was going to do the 2nd 1/2 of Imax2 tonight, but I think I'll do the whole thing as punishment for caving to the cookies!!

Belinda - I was able to stop at 2 cookies. It was tough, but I did it.

Amelia - welcome back!!

Carolyn - here's a {{{{HUG}}}} for you!

Kathy - time for some new shorts?

Stephanie - BACK AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!;) Seriously, though, back away from the scale! We did a challenge a few weeks ago where you could not weigh yourself for one week. (I think it might have been just me and Gayle, but it worked). Do you want me to challenge you? If so I'm not afraid, I'll do it! I don't weigh myself every day, but sometimes I hop on during the week even though I told myself that I would only weigh in on Sunday mornings.

Hi to everyone else I may have missed!

Meals for today:

M#1: protein shake
M#2: beef & barley soup
M#3: w/w tortilla, 3oz taco meat, 1T lowfat cheddar & tomatoes
M#4: turkey black bean chili
M#5: grilled chicken, brown rice & veggies
M#6: choc/banana protein shake

Hi Melissa!

I am feeling the burn big time in my calves right now! I am making up for my lost workout time yesterday. I just finished 4DS lower body which is about 30-35 min. I have my core and run to do next.

I am dreading this afternoon because DH has gone into work. This means that he will be bringing home those darn cookies he ordered before he left!

I promise that I will not eat one NOT ONE! My DD reminded me about the serving size and of course the calories. Thanks! ;-)

She is trying to get back to her workouts right now. She has been in a slump since coming back from her vacation. I keep telling her that if she works out even for 20min she'll feel like she has more energy. I really feel that this is true. What do you all feel? Does exercise help you have more energy?

Have a great workout Melissa!:)

Ok..back to my workout! BBL to report what weights I ended up using for my first time around on this one.
Heidi

Hey girls,im done with my workout...i really had to gasp for this time with my runs...i have crap in my chest that i have been coughing up for days now I did something different this time too:

5 min warmup
then I repeated this interval five times:
1min@ 3.5
1min@ 4
1min@ 5
1min@ 6
1min@ 6.5

then a cooldown

everybody have a great day!
bbl

Hi girls,

I just tyed a post and lost it! Hate when that happens!

Heidi** I am sorry you didn’t get enough sleep last night! Make sure you get a nap in today! My DH also came in late last night; I also stayed up with him for awhile! I am like a zombie today! Of course, I worked out late morning! I hocked my computer to the TV! The only bad thing was I couldn’t get the sound out enough! Oh, well! I still had a good workout! I also did my abs! Great job on your lower body workout! Enjoy your run and core!

Stephanie** the scale went up 4 pounds last week for me! I drank lot and lots of water! Now I am back down!

Gayle** enjoy your workout today! I had to laugh when I read your post!

Melissa** I am glad you only had 2 cookies! Good for you!

Carolyn** I been there! Hang in there! I worry every day about my kids! Being oversease doesn't help!

Amelia** great run! Maybe step would be better?

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.