BFL for Thu Feb 07th 2008

Hi Ladies!

Another newbie here. Belinda was kind enough to pm me the lowdown on BFL. I started on Monday with UB, Tuesday was HIIT, Wednesday was LB and today is weekly spinning class. I know HIIT cardio is on the rotation for today, but I can't give up my weekly spinning class. My goal is to drop my body fat % and hopefully 7 lbs with it ;)

My eats have been clean. I think I'm being more careful because I feel as though I'm working out less.

I'm looking forward to learning some tips from y'all....

Good Morning ladies!

Belind-Im doing cardio today too! Have fun!

Melissa-Great workout yesterday,were almost the same in some of the weights,except i can't do 25pds chest flys quite yet:+ ! And YaY on the new toys! I bet your excited about your weightbench/squat rack!so im guessing your preordered STS!? Glad to hear your feeling better!

Gayle-That soup looks delsih,thanks for sharring! I will also make a batch of it soon! I still have two chilies frozen!

Heidi-I agree with ya on kids now a days,it is sad how they don't really move anymore and play video games/computer! So far my kid would rather play outside..but then agian they only 2 and 6 ! I use to LOVE playing outside as a child! getting all dirty,LOL!

Michelle-I too wouldn't be able to keep myself on track if it wasn't for my checkins.Its nice to have women who i can relate too,especailly about working out and clean eating! Most of my family could care less.Great workout yesterday-ive got PLB on taps for tommorrow! Gotta love those firewalkers }(

Stephanie-How are your legs this morning?Great job with gs legs yesterday!I have some nice doms from PUB!

Kathy-Great job on your BFL UB workout and Itread,I plan on buying my first Itread workout today....im thinking #13?

Carolyn-Glad to hear your cold is getting better! Great workout yesterday!

Christina-Your name was my second pick for my little girl!! Love it! How is your day going so far!

I hope I didnt forget anybody!

Todays workout is HIIT on the TM! I think I will push myself just a little today! maybe more intervals than the norm.

And,I plan on purchasing itread 13sprint today.and I just purchase a body fat measuring thingy(forgot the name,LOL) but its the old fashioned plastic ones! maybe it will help on those weeks i don't loose anything on the scale!

ok,bbl

bbl

Good Morning Tammy-I too feel like im working out less,especially on those 20min HIIT days! although I go 30mins}( ;-) Good luck with your goal and Welcome! Im a newbie too,this is my fourth week on BFL but my first couple of days on this thread! Great bunch of gals!

Good morning all!

Slept in today. Body still getting over being sick on Monday. But the 3 #’s gained are already gone. Wish they were all that easy. I don’t have the leg DOMS today like I expected. Does that mean I should be going heavier? I’m already matching Cathe on PLB. Today is cardio – I’ll do it when I get home later tonight.

Belinda – Yes, the clean eating vibes worked. All 6 meals eaten, and each one of them clean. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one sweating for the LBWO yesterday. Won't see you at the gym today, though. Should be there tomorrow for UBWO.

Tammy – Welcome! The more the merrier.

Amelia – How was PUB the first time? You’ve already done a great job on your weight loss. I’m sure you will see results here.

Carolyn – Glad you are over the cold. I do like the GS’s, but I’m sticking with the pyramids for the next couple of weeks to stay truer to BFL.

Stephanie – Yes, those low pulse plie squats do get me, too. Good job on completing the floor work. I stop there sometimes.

Kathy – How long do you usually work out in the a.m.? 30-40 minutes during the week is about my max, and that’s with getting up at 5:00, hitting the shower by 6, out the door with kids at 7.

Heidi – How does SH compare to GS’s or Pyramids? I don’t have that one yet. Maybe I should ask for that for a gift. I agree on jewelry – I’m pretty basic – a wedding ring and a pair of earrings.

Gayle – You crack me up with how hard you push yourself. The soup sounds good.

Melissa – You are keeping up with the other gals! Way to heavy up!

Michelle – DS loves the firewalkers, too. When I do that one and she’s up, she makes sure I let her know when it’s time. Come to thin of it, I haven’t done B&G in quite a while. I also drop by the BFL site to get inspired sometimes.

The kids do have school, so I’m off to dig out of the driveway and sit in traffic. Have a CLEAN day!

Good morning, ladies! The rain has finally stopped here and the sun is supposed to show its face today! I'll take it!

Amelia-caliper...that's the name :) And it's more accurate than the scales (in my opinion). Go get yourself iTread 13!! ENJOY it. It's one of my favorites (19 is another sprint one that I use quite often).

Tammy-welcome aboard! Enjoy spinning tonight. It fits in just fine with BFL's workouts!

Hi, Belinda....are you sweating as I type this???

Sherry-we posted at the same time. You know what? My legs aren't as sore as I expected either. My quads took the brunt of yesterday's workout and they are quite sore, but I usually get DOMS in the bootay and hammies, but not so much today. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

This morning, for me, was iTread 26 and B&G bonus abs. I was going to piggy-back iTread 27 drills, but my shins were burning like crazy for some reason! Not sure what that's all about. Maybe some residual soreness from Sunday's 10K.

BBL

Gayle:)

Quick check-in ladies. Just got done with the elliptical (yes it is almost warm enough for a run!!). I was thinking of you Belinda -- and knew I had to report an ab workout. So, I tossed in Core Max I.

I'll be back after I get to work! I hope you aren't going to be working too hard today Melissa! :) I think I'm going to need some more of your crazy posts to get through the day.

Geez, Gayle -- after all that -- you should feel like a SURVIVOR!!

Michelle

Wow you guys are quick this morning!Sorry to be MIA yesterday - I'm flying to Boston today to give a talk.....and yesterday was full of preparations (Not that I am prepared yet....I never really feel 100% prepared....but I try to do my best....) Can you tell I am nervous??

So yesterday I did the cardio kickbox segment from Cross Train Express. Today I only have about 30 minutes in the AM before I have to run out the door, so I am just going to do some sets of squats/lunges/step ups, calf raises with heavy weights. Cause something is better than nothing, right?!

Yesteray eating was clean until dinner -- when I met my best friend and her DH at our local pub. I am pretty sure those two beers were not on the program. Oops. Back on track today, though. My suitcase is stuffed full of clean eating food :)

Well - I hope you guys have a great day! BBL from the frosty North --

Christina

Good Morning Ladies! Y'all are WAY ahead of me! Good for you!

My legs are SCREAMING from GS legs yesterday. But it's a good pain! }( My dh says I am walking like a duck! QUACK!

Welcome Tammy! I am new here too! I am on my first week of BFL and am enjoying it so far! Everyone here is so helpful and encouraging!

Amelia, have fun with itread! Push it girl! :7

Sherry, I knew you would lose that 3 pounds! Way to go! I am 1/2 to a little over on matching Cathe's weights. I'll get there soon!

Christina, have a safe trip and good luck on your talk today.

Gayle, I saved your soup recipe and plan on making it one day next week. YUMMY :9

Michelle, good morning! I hope you have a great day!

Belinda, good morning! I hope you enjoyed your cardio.

Melissa, good job on the UB weights! That's FABULOUS! :7

Good morning to all that follow!

I plan on doing Core Max 2 and itrain 24 today.

See ya later!

Good morning everyone! And welcome Tammy!

My DD's school is delayed 2 hours. I really wish I would have checked that before I got ready for work..x( Oh well! Now we get to relax before we go.

I didn't end up getting my make-up HIIT in last night. It seemed to take me a long time to do UB. So back on track tonight with HIIT. Not sure what I'll do yet.

M#1: coffee protein shake
M#2: w/w wrap w/4oz turkey & veggies
M#3: turkey chili
M#4: w/w wrap w/3oz taco meat, 2T salsa, 1T cheese, 1T black beans
M#5: turkey soup
M#6: 1/2c oatmeal w/ 1/2c 1%

BBL when I get to work!!

Good morning everyone!
It was a beautiful but windy day here yesterday and today it’s cloudy, boohoo. I got up and ran 6 miles (using iTread 26 & iTread 27 Drills). I enjoyed the new iTread 27 Drills although it’s not as tough as some of Grace’s other runs. Oh, and I tacked on the standing portion of Amy Bento’s Abs.

Morning Belinda! Yep, iTread Circuit Ski uses the treadmill, a stability ball, and a medicine ball. It alternates circuits of running with functional type exercises.

Hey Michelle – he,he….fun toning. Great workout today!

Melissa – GREAT upperbody workout yesterday girl! You’re really doing super. Did you pick up your weight bench yet? I’m dying to hear what you think of it when it’s put together. LOL on DH’s legs, that’s too funny.

Gayle – Super run this morning, I was breathing hard during iTread 26 so I was secretly happy that iTread 27 was kinda easy, lol. Thanks for the soup recipe, I’m copying it.

Stephanie – We’re originally from Colorado, my father in law lives in Colo. Springs. It’s absolutely beautiful there….the Air Force Academy is nestled in the mountain range. He’ll like it there. Enjoy iTread 24, it’s one of Grace’s best.

Amelia – I just noticed your ticker…WOW! You have done an amazing job and you’re just bringin’ it home now, huh? ;) You’ll be hooked once you start with iTreads….I’m telling you they’re like chips….you can’t have just one!

Heidi – Yummy dinner…..mmmmmm.

Big welcome to Tammy! I felt the same way…this is way less working out than I’m used to but sometimes change is good!

Sherry – I usually workout an average of 75 minutes a day during the week. I used to do 90+ minutes a day before this challenge. My long runs on the weekends take longer….when I get up to 20 miles during training (it’s usually close to 4 hours running). Great job on losing the 3 lbs!

Christina – Good luck with the talk…you’ll do fine. What is it that they say, picture them in their underwear? ;) I’m like you when we travel, half my suitcase is stuffed with foods I feel good about snacking on.

Hi to those that follow!

Kathy

Hello and Good Morning,

I guess my workout for today is going to be delayed. I have to get DS to school and then head to work early. HUGE...order to take care of today. My DH also needs a ride to the doc for a recheck on his knee. My van is in the garage and I won't have it back for a few weeks. (Repair front end damage from DD's accident in Boston.Not her fault I might add and no one was hurt luckily.)
So yes....another one of those busy days.

Welcome Tammy: Glad to have you here with us. :) Go for that cycle it is a great mix for HIIT days.

Sherry: You definetly could go heavier. Just go up gradually.
SH is just that. Use your Med - Heaviest weights. I would start at Med because it is three sets per exercise and where it is slow you'll be feeling it before the 3rd set. Really good pointers throughout to perfect your form. Highly recommended. :D

Belinda: How's that run going? Which did you pick for today?

Amelia: Have fun with your workout.

Melissa: Wow! 25#'s for flies. I guess my shoulders are weak because I am feeling it good with just 2X12#'s.

Gayle: Screaming shins eh? Ouch. Go easy on your runs..I would skip sprints for a little bit. I guess those boys pushed you good during the race. ;-) Great job on getting in iT #26 and B&G abs.

Michelle: Have a great workout on your elliptical and coremax 1. I am still feeling this from the other day. :)

Christina: You'll be in my neck of the woods. It is currently snowing here. It rained very heavy for the past couple of days and now this. Yuck! Good luck on you presentation! You'll do fine...remember to see them all in their undies! ;-)

Stephanie: Oooh! Good job on GS! It usually takes a couple of days for this to sink in for me. Have fun with iT 24 and coremax 2.

Hi Kathy! just saw your post. Great run for you today.

BBL Time to get DS to school. Have a great day! Heidi :7

Hi Heidi! DH had to spot me on those flies. I was afraid that once I got them down there, I wouldn't be able to get them back up! Thankfully there was only 6 reps!

Hey guys! Me again. Did school store this morning, came home and took care of some financial stuff and now I can PLAY! LOL

Just some general musings to the group.

1.....How do you STAY MOTIVATED? Amelia, I'd love to hear YOUR input here, seeing how you've really done a fantastic job at losing such an amount of weight. Here is why I ask this question. I've been really UNfocussed these last 3 weeks. I'm still working out and getting in AWESOME workouts. My eating is another story. I seem to really REALLY excel when there is a challenge set upon me. For instance, my first 12 week BFL challenge was a huge success because I had the actual challenge of losing the weight and toning up. Once I got there, the focus seemed to dwindle. I get complacent. Then I almost self-sabotage my fitness goals and then need to sort of start over again; but in my mind that's okay because now that the challenge is back I'm focussed once again. Does that make any sense? When you reach that goal, how do you STAY MOTIVATED to keep on keepin' on?

2.....iTreads. I'm so happy so many of us have found these gems. If it weren't for these workouts, I don't think I'd be a runner today! lol Between my treadmill and the iTreads, they are what helped me consider myself a runner.

3.....This is week 6 for me and a few others. I am trying to decide what I want to do differently in the second half of my 12 week challenge. I've been doing the same BFL weight routine for 18 weeks now, and I believe it may be time to shake things up just a bit to shock the muscles and my mind. I am going to continue lifting HEAVY, mainly because it's just doing WONDERS for my physique. But I'm contemplating using the 4DS upper body weight workouts for the next 6 weeks. Lower body, I'm not concerned about, since I'm not losing ANY focus on that part, but I feel my upper body could use some tweeking. Not sure yet, just throwing around some ideas.

4.....As you all know (because I advertised it already), my Birthday is tomorrow. The kids are going to want to take me out to eat somewhere and I'm going to let them choose. Then Dave and I are going out Saturday night to dinner and a movie (his ex has offered to watch the kids:) ) Food wise, I am going to slack off just a bit those 2 days. This week, food wise, I've been UNfocussed and it's frustrating. However, I think if I loosen the slack just a bit for my BDay and treat myself, then I will be able to refocus again come the start of a fresh new BFL week. I'm not going to go hog wild on Friday and Saturday. The plan is to eat BFL-clean all day with the exception of the BDay 'events'.

Thanks for letting me randomly throw out some thoughts! Comment as you'd like, but no obligation! lol

Gayle

Hey girls,im done with itread 13 and i had a great time! I have to admit I couldn't get through that last sprint :+! and I didn't go as fast as grace says to go, but I got through it!;-) My fastest speed was 7.0 and my walking speed was 3.5 so im happy with that! VERY FUN! Once ive mastered it i will move on to another itread}(

Hey to everybody above and below! I will bbl!

Oh, Amelia.....set 13 is just the BEST!!! And it's just the BEGINNING! Like you said, once you get to know the workout and you challenge yourself with faster numbers (even just a teeny tiny bit faster), you'll LOVE IT even more! Great job!

Gayle

Hi girls,

Tammy** I am glad to have you here with us. Enjoy your spinning class tonight!

Amelia** iTread 13 is a tough one! Good luck! What cardio are you doing?

Sherry** I am glad I could help! I still didn’t workout out! LOL! Someone needs to kick my in my butt! Tomorrow I have GS Chest and Triceps on tap!

Gayle** I will be sweating in a few minutes! I am thinking about doing Hardcore Extreme Interval blast + legs or maybe the Terminator “Imax Xtreme”? Great job on iTreads 26 and ab workout!

Michelle** know I have to do Core Max too! I do have to work my core, since I didn’t do them yesterday! I have no energy today! Great job on elliptical workout this morning!

Christina** nice job on your workout yesterday!

Stephanie** Ha, Ha on your legs! Sorry! My legs feel fine! I haven’t worked out yet! LOL! You can laugh at me later!

Melissa** I hope you get your workout in later today!

Kathy** iTread 26 sound interesting! Although I have to say I would look pretty funny doing all that in the gym!

Heidi** I didn’t go to the gym this morning! My DH snored all night long; I really have a tough time staying awake today! Maybe my workout will help!

I will be back after my workout!
Belinda

Gayle - I wish I had some answers for you. YOU were MY answer. Your posts, your challenge, your success story. That's what got me started and kept me going. So remember, through this all, you have not only helped yourself -- but all the rest of us.

I also think you are an "all or nothing" gal. You run the race to win it. (Personally, I'd just like to finish one. har har) You are the one putting pressure on yourself -- to do more, to run harder, to eat perfect. Yes, you DID IT ALL for the first 12 weeks -- and look at that bikini -- it shows. But this is body for LIFE -- now you need to figure out how to make it work for life.

My gosh -- celebrate on your b-day!! Eat out -- yes, eat out twice even AND have b-day cake. It's not going to kill you!! You can not eat BFL clean every single day -- and to be honest, who would want to???

I feel great - love the exercise -- and the new way of eating. However, even though I eat BFL - most of the time -- I cheat a little here and there. Guess what? I don't always post my cheats -- because I don't think they are big deal. (Yes, the four slices of pizza was a BIG cheat -- that I DID admit to.) But hey, the 200 calorie pack of crackers yesterday -- who cares -- I ATE CLEAN for the rest of the day.

Gayle - you look great, feel great, you are our SUPERWOMAN here. BUT, you don't have to be perfect!! We wouldn't want you to be. I think you are forgetting to "Enjoy the Ride!"

Keep on Trucking Gayle!

We love ya!!
Michelle

OMG! MICHELLE, I'd love to hug you right now. I should have left 5 mintues ago for work, but I just had to check the PC one more time for a reply, and I GO IT FROM YOU! I actually had a chat with Lorrie (LSass on these boards) last night for almost an hour and she said MANY of the exact same things YOU just did. They sunk in last night, and your words have just re-itterated the importance of just taking it easy and living life. THANK YOU, my dear baby sis! lol It was music to my ears to read your post! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I'll be back after work!

Gayle

p.s. OH! And the Italian Dinner Soup recipe I posted? YUMMO!

Gayle -- Tell your mom I'm still waiting for those adoption papers to make the "little sis" thing legal!! ha ha!! :)

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.